PDA

View Full Version : Lost a month and 1/2's progresss in a week

Hazerboy
04-13-2006, 07:48 PM
so in month I gained 12 pounds, added 1/2 an inch to each arm and a little over an inch to each leg, put 45 pounds on my 20 rep squat, as well as adding weight to my pull-ups and benchpress.

So then I get sick. Sinus infection, I think. I never really had much of a fever, put I didn't sleep well at night, had a real bad soar throat, my ears hurt a lot, my sinuses were all backed up, and I couldn't breath out of my nose. So didn't go to school for 4 days; mostly layed around the hosue. I didn't eat much. I also got an anti-biotic from my doctor.

Now I'm all better. I've been better for maybe 4 days and I've gone to school and played tennis each one of these days. First day back in the gym. I was doing 20 rep squats with 240, but today I decided to change up my routine a bit, maybe go a little lighter cause I've been sick.

I'm shocked - while warming up with sets of 5 i'm toast on my second set - with only 205 lbs. I'm expecting to do 260+, or AT LEAST 240 lbs, something I was able to rep 20 times a week and a half ago. My pull-ups are bad too, where I was doing working sets of 5 with bodyweight + 20 lbs, now I struggle with bodyweight + 5.

Not only that, but I've lost may 6 lbs, and my arms are where they were a month and a half ago, and i've lost a good 1/2 inch on each leg. After telling my coach about this he assured me that my gains would "quickly return," but I'm still worried. I already take a 3 month step backwards in lifting gains because of wrestling season, and its even more disheartening to loose a month and a half of gains in only a short matter of time. Do you all think everything will come back in a week or so, or am I going to have to bust my ass alll over again, just to get to the strength level that I WAS at?

Gutz981
04-13-2006, 08:14 PM
Sickness can do that to people. Just increase intake of cals and it should all come back soon enough.

Bohizzle
04-13-2006, 10:01 PM
ur recovering from a sickness, wait a week or two and ur strength will be back to normal. and the size u lost were most likely because u were depleted and dehydrated.

Andrew

Hazerboy
04-13-2006, 10:36 PM
still 7 pounds dehydrated after 4 days? Wow, how long does it take to regain my precious bodily fluids?

Sensei
04-14-2006, 12:51 AM
Sinus infections can take quite a while to bounce back from completely.

You didn't "lose" all those gains. You're still sick. When you are healthy, it won't take long to be back at full strength.

Bohizzle
04-14-2006, 09:26 AM
some people fluctuate 5-10lbs in a day when they are healthy, let alone when they are sick, don't worry about it, rest up and hit the weights hard once ur back.

Andrew

biggimp
04-14-2006, 02:07 PM
true. i weigh 10lbs more at night than in the morning.

Eszekial
04-14-2006, 02:09 PM
It'll come right back.