PDA

View Full Version : A Business Proposal, Nutrition at the Gym

Chronic
04-13-2006, 09:41 PM
I was working out at the gym today chugging down another disgusting shake(dont ever buy shakes made by leanstone) when a man approached me. He looked like he was around 50 years old. We get to talking and he says he would like to make me an offer. He asked me if I would make a proposal for him to start a business in the gym. He wants to sell shakes, supplements, and other diet items in the gym. The man currently owns his own business (catering). He said that he would pay me to do this. If I do this for him I would want to get in on the job. I am planning on asking some of my professors what it is going to take to do this. I need to put together a lot of imformation for this. I was thinking there could be a pre and post workout menu. The plan would be to make shakes in blenders. I'll need some of the best recipes. Taste is very important. Please give me some input on what you guys think of the idea. Have you ever seen one of these in a gym? Do you have any tips for me? Any recipes? What supplements should I have? Costs? What would you pay for a shake? Just start me off with some ideas! Thanks a lot,
Levi

diesel_dan
04-13-2006, 09:51 PM
I've never heard of anything like it. I think it would be pretty sweet to get your pre and post workout shake right at the gym. Then if you did get some good tastes that would make it even better. It would be something I would defiantly be getting if my gym offered it. Maybe offer some sort of monthly payment option for it. It would be a pain to be messing around paying every shake. Another thing you could do is offer some sort of custom shake option. To where they can choose what they want in their shake.

Clifford Gillmore
04-13-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm sure alot of Plebs would jump on the idea, but you would have to sell products that are premade - Ie Creatine Blast, allready to go with nutrional info and ingredients on the bottle etc etc.

diesel_dan
04-13-2006, 09:57 PM
I'm sure alot of Plebs would jump on the idea, but you would have to sell products that are premade - Ie Creatine Blast, allready to go with nutrional info and ingredients on the bottle etc etc.

Why would they have to be pre made? As long as you have the nutritional charts etc I don't think it is required.

Holto
04-13-2006, 10:02 PM
As long as you have the nutritional charts etc I don't think it is required.

This is generally accepted policy.

Places like that should and usually do add the protein right in front of you. For the creatine get some labelled 1TSP measurers.

ddegroff
04-13-2006, 10:05 PM
yeah this sounds like a smoothie bar, i've seen a lot of gyms going in this direction.

Clifford Gillmore
04-13-2006, 10:08 PM
I work in food retail, as soon as something goes into a sealed container it requires a nutritional label.

But having said that, those juice bars/shake bars that make your smoothie or whatever do it in front of you - and there is no information about it. So never mind :) Just means that you can't have prepared stock sitting in fridges that you can simply hand out on demand, you'll have to make it everything on site when requested.

Unreal
04-14-2006, 12:10 AM
The gym I goto has a juice/smoothie bar. They also sell supplements, sandwhichs, and all sorts of stuff. Coffee, tea, MRPs, protein bars, juice, medicine, and even some gym supplies.

LC
04-14-2006, 04:11 AM
We have a place like that in my gym called Smoothie King. Not only do they offer pre and post workout items, they also have just regular smoothies. Maybe you should check them out for ideas.

What would you pay for a shake?

A 20 oz smoothie cost at least 7 bucks there.

brickt.
04-14-2006, 04:59 AM
Boo capitalism! My 2L smoothie cost about 70c.

MJS
04-14-2006, 06:10 AM
You would have to price them at cost - rendering the business useless.

Why would someone pay for a shake that they could make on their own for half the price 20 minutes later?

MJS
04-14-2006, 06:11 AM
Actually, come to think of it, the average person's intellegence barely scrapes acceptable, so you may be able to trick them into buying say, a card that costs 50 bucks but you get 20 smoothies. Psychology is king.

JoeG
04-14-2006, 06:32 AM

Why would someone pay for a shake that they could make on their own for half the price 20 minutes later?

You mean like hamburgers and every other kind of fast food?

If they can buy it in a gym then they don't have buy it from a store or keep track of if they are close to running out of anything.

I'm not saying this business will do well but the vast majority of the multi-billion dollar service economy is built on doing things for people they could easily do for themselves.

MJS
04-14-2006, 08:02 AM
You mean like hamburgers and every other kind of fast food?

If they can buy it in a gym then they don't have buy it from a store or keep track of if they are close to running out of anything.

I'm not saying this business will do well but the vast majority of the multi-billion dollar service economy is built on doing things for people they could easily do for themselves.

Um no. Hamburgers and protein shakes are a completely different service. One requires about 30 minutes start to finish, the other about 3. It takes time and effort to make hamburgers - possibly even longer if you have to defrost them, or make them from ground beef, or go to the store to get them. Protein shakes - you buy a tub you have it for 2wks-1mo. Takes 3 minutes tops.

Holto
04-14-2006, 09:47 AM
One thing that might be nice is to list exact cals and macro breakdowns.

The guys in this thread should notice that we are the elite. We are the hardcore.

Smoothie bars are for foofy lawers and other assorted candyasses.

Holto
04-14-2006, 10:02 AM
Boo capitalism! My 2L smoothie cost about 70c.

Soooooooooooooo true.

But big guy! This wheatgrass will help you get huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!!!

cphafner
04-14-2006, 10:08 AM

It's called convenience. 2 of my former gyms had shake bars. If you're in a hurry they are very useful. I used to pay $4.50 for a large shake which had about 50 g of protein.

f=ma
04-14-2006, 11:19 AM
yeah people definitely pay

my old gym in palm beach, chicago, and here at school all have them

i never get one because i have my own recipe at home but.. if i didnt then i would probably get one

Patz
04-14-2006, 12:46 PM
To distribute supplements like creatine, or NoX, wouldnt one need some sort of license??

Not to sell them in their packaging, but to actually put them in a shake.

lifter4life
04-14-2006, 01:54 PM
If, with the menu, you tell the phsyological benefits of the shake, but not actually tell them what ingredients are used (so people don't know how easy it is to make, but keep a list in the back incase a customer asks) I think you would be much better off in suckering them into buying it. This would help them understand why there is 70g+ of sugar in their post-workout shake and why it will make them hugggggggge.

I also think that you could just get away with a smoothie bar (but also include the special shakes for the more hardcore people) because the average gym attendee will probably go for taste rather then the benefits (I'm not saying fruit smoothies are a bad post workout meal).

Hmmm, has anyone ever put whey into a fruit smoothie? I guess you could give that a shot. You could also try caffeine additives with like herbs and stuff. I don't know much about herbs but I'm sure some people on here could enlighten us about some special properties you could use in the shakes.

You could also get some ma huang and sell it out of the back of the store. haha

Overall, I think this is a pretty sweet proposition you should take advantage of. I would probably bust out a notepad and pencil and just start writing down ideas, or hit up a friend that works at Orange Julius, Jamba Juice or some other smoothie place and steal some ideas from there =p. Good Luck.

MJS
04-14-2006, 02:49 PM
I used to pay $4.50 for a large shake which had about 50 g of protein.

Good for you. And good thing that your body can only consume 40g MAX of protein at a time - the rest you sh*t out. Congrats.

Slyvan Buck
04-14-2006, 03:15 PM
I tend to side with MJS. That people will buy it even though it is a waste of money. At one of my gyms that had it there were complex recipes involving cookies, peanut butter, etc. I would suggest frozen fruit, protein powder, and sugar as the basics with added "boosters" of L-glutamine or creatine or ALCAR for an added price.

I personally would rather make my own simply because its much cheaper.

lifter4life
04-14-2006, 03:45 PM
Good for you. And good thing that your body can only consume 40g MAX of protein at a time - the rest you sh*t out. Congrats.

There is no universal amount for everyone. There are many variables like a weight lifter will be able to utilize more protein than someone who doesn't. PEACE

Optimum08
04-14-2006, 04:48 PM

Utterly Incorrect. How about you do some research and know your sh*t before you go off trying to be condescending and running your mouth?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-14-2006, 05:07 PM
Utterly Incorrect. How about you do some research and know your sh*t before you go off trying to be condescending and running your mouth?Could've been spoken in a nicer tone, but overall --> :withstupi

MJS
04-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Utterly Incorrect. How about you do some research and know your sh*t before you go off trying to be condescending and running your mouth?

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/aug2000/965794265.An.r.html

Pr*ck.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-14-2006, 05:25 PM
That doesn't help your point at all.

MJS
04-14-2006, 05:27 PM
That doesn't help your point at all.
"I would say that a good estimate for absorption would be about 30 grams at
one sitting. "
^ Direct Quote. How so, Scarz?

MJS
04-14-2006, 05:28 PM
"Excess protein can also be converted to fat if too much is eaten."
^another direct quote. Do you read?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Because that number cannot be generalized. Different people use differing amounts of protein. It has been shown that bodybuilders utilize more protein than sedentary folk. Direct quote? Thanks. That still doesn't help your point.

Do you know what an "estimate" is?

You don't need to talk about the uses of protein in the body. I am well aware of that. And since his "estimate" is 30 grams...and you said 40 grams MAX...and that information is nowhere in the article...what does that say? Making up information doesn't help anything.

MJS
04-14-2006, 05:30 PM
Okay, so I said 40 grams, is that an estimate close enough to 30 grams?

MJS
04-14-2006, 05:32 PM
Read this: http://www.chiroweb.com/hg/08/12/03.html

"The reason for the recommended frequency of dosage is that the body can only metabolize 20 to 35 grams of protein per meal"

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-14-2006, 05:32 PM
No, it's a number you just pulled from nowhere. Congrats.

Great...you found a site of an article from 20 years ago.

MJS
04-14-2006, 05:33 PM
or this: http://www.bullz-eye.com/furci/2004/090201.htm

"an average person can only absorb 30-40 grams of protein at one sitting"

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-14-2006, 05:34 PM
That's fantastic, thanks. You can keep linking me to sites all day long and that isn't going to help you. I can use Google too. It's not hard. You're finding differing numbers all over the place...which is contradictory. Find some valid scientific journals and not random sites.

MJS
04-14-2006, 05:35 PM
No, it's a number you just pulled from nowhere. Congrats.

Great...you found a site of an article from 20 years ago.

haha, those are references, not the date of the article.......

MJS
04-14-2006, 05:36 PM
That's fantastic, thanks. You can keep linking me to sites all day long and that isn't going to help you. I can use Google too. It's not hard. You're finding differing numbers all over the place...which is contradictory. Find some valid scientific journals and not random sites.

Oh you can use google too, huh? Why don't you then?

Chronic sorry for the take-over of your post, bud.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-14-2006, 05:37 PM
haha, those are references, not the date of the article.......The article is basing its information off 20 year old studies.

MJS
04-14-2006, 05:41 PM
You might want to read this too: http://www.muscletech.com/NUTRITION/HIGH_PERFORMANCE_NUTRITION/ISSUE_2/index.shtml

Disregard that its MT, the information is good. Talks about how your body metabolizes, as a bodybuilder, which you are suggesting is different than your average joe.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-14-2006, 05:44 PM
Disregard that its MTWhy? They're advertisting their products all over the place.

MJS
04-14-2006, 05:44 PM
Why? They're advertisting their products all over the place.

Because you are looking at the information not the products.

monotone
04-14-2006, 05:46 PM
i thought about posting my opinion on this, but then i decided i didnt care enough to actually find information contradicting MJS's articles... but to sum it up you are just wrong MJS, trust scarz on this.

MJS
04-14-2006, 05:47 PM
i thought about posting my opinion on this, but then i decided i didnt care enough to actually find information contradicting MJS's articles... but to sum it up you are just wrong MJS, trust scarz on this.

Ha, are you serious? No I am not going to trust him because he has not shown 1 piece of evidence to prove otherwise? Find something to contradict it and post it please before you run your mouth, son.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-14-2006, 05:47 PM
It's not that the articles are horribly wrong. It's just that the findings are inconclusive.

MJS
04-14-2006, 05:51 PM
It's not that the articles are horribly wrong. It's just that the findings are inconclusive.

Then at WORST case you can't say that it's utterly wrong. If you are saying that the articles I have provided don't prove my point, than this statement does not prove yours.

I agree that in some sittings the body may be able to consume more, given the right circumstances and metabolic rate of the individual, but on average there has been research done to show what happens to the metabolization of protein and that excess is stored, not used in protein synthesis.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-14-2006, 05:54 PM
If you are saying that the articles I have provided don't prove my point, than this statement does not prove yours.The articles contradict themselves. One said 35 grams, another said 40, I've seen another that says 26 is the max. You can't just believe everything you read.

MJS
04-14-2006, 06:06 PM
No, you're right you can't believe everything that you read. But there has to be a max, otherwise people would just consume unlimited protein on a bulk, no? I am not trying to personally attack you, just defend the position.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-14-2006, 06:11 PM
But there has to be a maxThere is no MAX for everyone as it varies depending on the individual. But the maximum that any one person could metabolize is inconclusive. That is my point. There's no sense in giving a specific number. Estimates and ranges are fine, but there isn't enough solid evidence and studies to make any final judgement on the situation...from the varying information I've seen regarding the matter.

lifter4life
04-14-2006, 06:18 PM
stop it you silly goose

"Utilization depends on how much of the absorbed protein is actually needed
by the body at a particular time."

okey dokey?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-14-2006, 06:22 PM
"Utilization depends on how much of the absorbed protein is actually needed by the body at a particular time."Basically, yes. But that wasn't the issue.

lifter4life
04-14-2006, 06:27 PM
Uh, yes it was.
"Utilization depends on how much of the absorbed protein is actually needed by the body at a particular time."
Do I need to translate this for you? It means that there is no set amount for every person so 30g max = bs.
I am done here. you two can fight over nothing.

JoeG
04-14-2006, 06:58 PM
Um no. Hamburgers and protein shakes are a completely different service. One requires about 30 minutes start to finish, the other about 3. It takes time and effort to make hamburgers - possibly even longer if you have to defrost them, or make them from ground beef, or go to the store to get them. Protein shakes - you buy a tub you have it for 2wks-1mo. Takes 3 minutes tops.

It doesn't really take 30 mins to make a hamburger but just for the sake of argument well put aside hamburgers. You can make a sub in the same time it takes Subway but people still pay for them.

The point is still the same.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Uh, yes it was.
"Utilization depends on how much of the absorbed protein is actually needed by the body at a particular time."
Do I need to translate this for you? It means that there is no set amount for every person so 30g max = bs.
I am done here. you two can fight over nothing.What are you going on about? You're arguing my point. We're like...on the same page.

MJS
04-14-2006, 07:27 PM
It doesn't really take 30 mins to make a hamburger but just for the sake of argument well put aside hamburgers. You can make a sub in the same time it takes Subway but people still pay for them.

The point is still the same.

Okay fine. You want it you got it. Under IDEAL conditions for both a hamburger and a protein shake I would say this:

Hamburger: Assumptions - your meat is out, beat into a patty, stove is on and greased. Process - put the meat on the stove, wait 5 minutes, flip. Wait 3 minutes take off the stove.

Protein Shake: Assumptions - your jug is out of the cabinet and open, scoop right on top. You have a glass for it right next to it and your milk is on the counter waiting to be mixed into it. Start to finish 15 seconds.

We aren't talking about making subs we are talking about making protein shakes for cost, or paying others well above cost for doing the same thing. Fine man, go do it - people like you make the economy churn.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-14-2006, 07:32 PM
This thread makes me hungry.

MJS
04-14-2006, 07:34 PM
Me too, I am going to go make a shake and go to bed; it's 2:34am in London.

toki
04-15-2006, 12:50 AM
man MJS, go back to school. seriously.

MJS
04-15-2006, 02:33 AM

?

Holto
04-15-2006, 10:39 AM

Yep.

Jordanbcool
04-15-2006, 11:19 AM
I was working out at the gym today chugging down another disgusting shake(dont ever buy shakes made by leanstone) when a man approached me. He looked like he was around 50 years old. We get to talking and he says he would like to make me an offer. He asked me if I would make a proposal for him to start a business in the gym. He wants to sell shakes, supplements, and other diet items in the gym. The man currently owns his own business (catering). He said that he would pay me to do this. If I do this for him I would want to get in on the job. I am planning on asking some of my professors what it is going to take to do this. I need to put together a lot of imformation for this. I was thinking there could be a pre and post workout menu. The plan would be to make shakes in blenders. I'll need some of the best recipes. Taste is very important. Please give me some input on what you guys think of the idea. Have you ever seen one of these in a gym? Do you have any tips for me? Any recipes? What supplements should I have? Costs? What would you pay for a shake? Just start me off with some ideas! Thanks a lot,
Levi

This sounds like a great idea actually. I read the first page of this thread but not the second two...because im lazy :)

Anyways. I would pay a good amount for a really good pre-workout shake. Even if it was post workout i'd probably pay alot for it. The downside? I'd never buy more then one a week as the costs of a large; good shake would be high depending on how much you charge for them. If they were cheaper i'd buy two probably every workout day. Its the basic principle of volume versus price. Do you want people that will buy alot or people that will pay much more for less. You just have to decide a good balance between the two. I took marketing and its not an easy thing. What one person sees as acceptable another might see as crazy. I've seen people pay $40 for a bottle of shampoo at bath and body works. I'd never pay that. Others will. I'd offer both options to satisfy everyone.

First shake (pre workout, expensive)
A really tasteful shake that goes down smooth
Has the PERFECT balance or simple sugars, creatine, carbs, and protein
Some extra added supplements/minerals (taurine comes to mind)
Very attractive in its flavors and colors
Very large, generous serving
"The best of the best"

Second shake (pre workout, cheap)
Plain tasting shake
Little or no creatine, decent protein
Not as balanced as the other shake in carbs/simple sugars
No added caffeine or special supplements
Plain color and flavor
Basic serving
"More bang for your buck"

You could also do the same for the post workout shake. Basically you give the option for the customer to choose. I'd personally buy both. If the cheap one wasent that bad i'd get it all the time. And just because its cheap dosent mean it has to be dirt. Just dont add creatine or glutamine etc. to it. Also the taste wont be as good as the other but if people dont mind taste it will sell. I'd buy the cheap one the majority of the time and buy the better one if I want to have an amazing workout that day (like if im trying to break a record or if I just want a good shake).

You could price the cheap one at anywhere from $1-$2

You could price the primo one at $4-5

These are very rough prices but you have to consider two things.

1) I think anything over $5 a shake is crazy. You dont need a 40 ounce serving with every known performance enhancing supplement in it. So dont charge for it. Basic supplements like creatine and glutamine will have vets and noobs buying your shakes.
2) The backbone of your business wont be able to afford anything above $5 a shake. The hardcore 4 day a week bodybuilders cant shell out $5 for a shake. If that was the case i'd be spending $40 on pre and post workout shakes a week!!! (since i go four days). This is why i'd opt for the cheaper one because thats what most people will buy. However having the better one will keep the occasional lifter and vets. that want to "live a little" all happy.

Long post but I hope it helps.

-jordan

Slim Schaedle
04-15-2006, 12:40 PM
?
For the record, I am backing up scarz. (and Holto, even though his contribution but short and to the point, but still effective)

MSJ, go back and search old WBB threads on the topic.

Frankly, I doubt many of us who actually know the details on the subject feel like debating this to the ends of the earth with someone who pulls crap articles off the web and trys to pass them as evidence to support their claim.

Not getting personal on this, but it seems you really don't know much about the matter other than some stuff you read on a few websites.

Also, lifter4life, the issue at hand, as scarz pointed out, is not about utilization.

Anyone knowing the basics of metabolism in regards to a particular macronutrient can easily see through this stuff.

Patz
04-16-2006, 12:39 AM
I dunno where Manveet got this, but he posted it in my thread about eating one huge meal at the end of a day where you're low on calories.

Thermogenesis in humans after varying meal time frequency]

[Article in German]

Wolfram G, Kirchgessner M, Muller HL, Hollomey S.

To a group of 8 healthy persons a slightly hypocaloric diet with protein (13% of energy), carbohydrates (46% of energy) and fat (41% of energy) was given as one meal or as five meals in a change-over trial. Each person was 2 weeks on each regimen. Under the conditions of slight undernutrition and neutral temperature the balances of nitrogen, carbon and energy were assessed in 7-day collection periods, and according to 48-hour measurements of gaseous exchange (carbon-nitrogen balance method) by the procedures of indirect calorimetry. Changes of body weight were statistically not significant. At isocaloric supply of metabolizable energy with exactly the same foods in different meal frequencies no differences were found in the retention of carbon and energy. Urinary nitrogen excretion was slightly greater with a single daily meal, indicating influences on protein metabolism. The protein-derived energy was compensated by a decrease in the fat oxidation. The heat production calculated by indirect calorimetry was not significantly different with either meal frequency. Water, sodium and potassium balances were not different. The plasma concentrations of cholesterol and uric acid were not influenced by meal frequency, glucose and triglycerides showed typical behaviour depending on the time interval to the last meal. The results demonstrate that the meal frequency did not influence the energy balance.

I would think that, after readin all the discussion in that thread, the body might not be able to ABSORB 50g of protein at once but it certainly wouldn't WASTE that extra protein, either.

Slim Schaedle
04-16-2006, 01:52 AM
I dunno where Manveet got this, but he posted it in my thread about eating one huge meal at the end of a day where you're low on calories.

I would think that, after readin all the discussion in that thread, the body might not be able to ABSORB 50g of protein at once but it certainly wouldn't WASTE that extra protein, either.
Again, it seems that many on this board fail to understand what exactly absorption means in regards to metabolism.

MJS
04-16-2006, 01:52 AM
Cool, since there is no max on protein intake per meal, and since it's been discussed time and time again, I am just going to eat two meals; one-preworkout with 2500 cals and 150g of protein and one after with the same. Should be fine then.

MJS
04-16-2006, 01:57 AM

Yep.

For the record, I am backing up scarz. (and Holto, even though his contribution but short and to the point, but still effective)

Odd, I couldn't agree more! EDIT: Shouldn't have to, but just incase: insert sarcasm.

MSJ,

Not my name.

Slim Schaedle
04-16-2006, 02:01 AM
Cool, since there is no max on protein intake per meal, and since it's been discussed time and time again, I am just going to eat two meals; one-preworkout with 2500 cals and 150g of protein and one after with the same. Should be fine then.
Guess so, MSJ

Holto
04-16-2006, 11:20 AM

Your body can absorb any amount of protein. Absorb means take from the small intestine into the sytemic circulation.

Utilize (in the context of bodybuilders) means to take the amino's and utilize them for the biosynthesis of structural proteins ie: making new muscle.

Since we know for advanced lifters gaining 5lbs of LBM/year is excellent.

Lets look at these numbers.

5lbs of muscle = 2240 grams

@ 70% water = 672 grams of protein

Taking these numbers over a year it means that a bodybuilder needs to eat about an extra TWO grams of protein/day to build 5lbs of LBM/year.

By extra I mean above and beyond what we need for the biosynthesis of things like insulin, enzymes, and maintaining the LBM you allready have.

So clearly we are only utilizing a very small percentage of the protein we eat for building new muscle.

If there was a limit on how much protein the body could digest and absorb we would not have survied the pre-agricultural era.

Please anybody that believes otherwise go here:

www.pubmed.com

and look for a study that even implies there is some limit.

Slim Schaedle
04-16-2006, 12:06 PM
Your body can absorb any amount of protein. Absorb means take from the small intestine into the sytemic circulation.

Utilize (in the context of bodybuilders) means to take the amino's and utilize them for the biosynthesis of structural proteins ie: making new muscle.

Since we know for advanced lifters gaining 5lbs of LBM/year is excellent.

Lets look at these numbers.

5lbs of muscle = 2240 grams

@ 70% water = 672 grams of protein

Taking these numbers over a year it means that a bodybuilder needs to eat about an extra TWO grams of protein/day to build 5lbs of LBM/year.

By extra I mean above and beyond what we need for the biosynthesis of things like insulin, enzymes, and maintaining the LBM you allready have.

So clearly we are only utilizing a very small percentage of the protein we eat for building new muscle.

If there was a limit on how much protein the body could digest and absorb we would not have survied the pre-agricultural era.

Please anybody that believes otherwise go here:

www.pubmed.com

and look for a study that even implies there is some limit.

:clap:

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-16-2006, 02:05 PM
@ Holto: :thumbup:

MJS
04-16-2006, 02:51 PM
So if I eat an extra 4 grams of protein a day for a year I will gain 10 pounds of LBM. Sweet.

MJS
04-16-2006, 02:52 PM
Who needs roids, you can just eat an extra 20 g of protein a day and get 50 pounds of LBM a year!

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Who needs roids, you can just eat an extra 20 g of protein a day and get 50 pounds of LBM a year!1) You used the "r" word. You should be ashamed.
2) The sarcasm isn't needed.

MJS
04-16-2006, 03:01 PM
It's not sarcasim, its use of facts. Sorry, GEAR.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-16-2006, 03:01 PM
Nope...you cannont be forgiven. You have spoken taboo.

MJS
04-16-2006, 03:03 PM
K, good. I'm gonna go eat my extra 20g of Protein and start my quest to 50 pounds of LBM. Later on.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-16-2006, 03:06 PM
It wasn't funny the second time either.

MJS
04-16-2006, 03:12 PM
For the second time, I am not trying to be funny. If it's true, like you three agree, then why wouldn't I?

Is there a reason you are a constant smart ass?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-16-2006, 03:13 PM
Dude...get over yourself and let's move on.