PDA

View Full Version : 18 at 155, need some help please

SHamidi
04-14-2006, 04:15 PM
Alright so here are some pictures of me. Im looking to slim down really, i want to lose as much body fat as possible. I'd like to have a nice body, honestly right now im not even comfterable taking of my shirt in front of other people. Right now I work out M-F Arms on Monday and Wednesday, Legs Tuesday Thursday, and Friday is a combination between the two. I do a couple small ab excersises and the begining of my workout then i do the exercises depending on the days i do it. Arm days i Bench, Incline, and usually do lats, frontal raises, and lateral raises. Leg Days i Squat, Hammer, and powerclean or deadlift. M-f and Sunday i play soccer so im getting quit a bit of cardio in. I think my problem is im not dieting. So if anyone can give me suggestions and hook me up with a diet that would help me sculp my abs and body it would be awesome and a big deal. Thanks for everything.

Duffman
04-14-2006, 05:59 PM
first thing is you need to find a real workout split. you cant just work out your arms and legs. look under the training articles link at the top of the page and try WBB1 i would say. and im sure your gonna hear to use www.fitday.com to track what you eat and find your maintenance calories and then whatever number that is subtract about 500 from it and dont eat more than that and you will lose some weight.

Built
04-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Hello

Good advice Duffman.

SHamidi, read the link in my sig for more on how to cut - you might find it helpful.

deeder
04-15-2006, 11:13 PM
Duffman gave some solid advice. However, I wouldn't worry about cutting if I were you bro.

Judging from those pictures you could use some solid mass on you first! Get a routine going, eat clean and healthy (with lots of protein) and stop slouching! You'll start to see results real quickly once you get on a balanced routine.

Canadian Crippler
04-16-2006, 01:56 AM
Try out the TurboJam. It's a great workout that really shapes and burns the fat off your thighs. 1000 calories an hour. Wanna shape those buns? Hit up the TurboJam.

deeder
04-16-2006, 09:33 AM
^^^

Nice.

SHamidi
04-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Is there anyone that is cutting right now, if so what do you eat? i know that i need to eat more healthier and more often but i have no clue what to

Eszekial
04-17-2006, 04:55 PM
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=woshka

Here is my public fit day. Shows what i've been eating for the last 2 months and 3 days (the length of my cut)

Some of the items are not so obvious. Example "Nitrean" which i consume quite a bit of, is protein powder made by at large nutrtion.

So far i've lost 17 lbs. Going for an additional 12 lbs.

Be sure not to cut too low on your diet.

Do a search and you will find quite a few topics about what to eat on a cut. (i mean a ton).

I have been using the diet outlined by Built on her sig, if you were wondering/interested.

I am not the best cutter, but this is my first time and has been a learning process.

Edited for spelling.

TwiloMike
04-18-2006, 06:21 AM
Echoing the great minds in here, get a real workout split. Check out Built's Baby Got Back on the front page. It's a really great routine.

gusthebus
04-20-2006, 07:40 PM
just get on a good routine and eat lots of protien, wbb1 worked great for me

SHamidi
04-22-2006, 12:52 PM
Alright so i was talking to our wrestling coach about cutting weight and stuff like that and he said that i could run in teh wrestling room, its really hot and you sweat a lot in there, does that sound like a good idea?

Patz
04-22-2006, 01:34 PM
The coach is an idiot..most are.

I agree with deeder. Eat clean, lift hard with a real routine like WBB1 or BGB (look in the bodybuilding form for those), keep an eye on your calories but stay around just what you need to maintain bodyweight, and you should start to shape up nicely. You're really not carrying THAT MUCH bodyfat--you're just carrying way-too-little muscle mass and you have bad posture.

Lift hard, eat clean, stay off the scale. You'll see nice results.

DO NOT run in the wrestling room. Sweating only causes you to drop water--I'm sure it's great for pre-tournament weigh-ins..lol

SHamidi
04-22-2006, 04:01 PM
yea, i was just going to run in there becuase i figured it would burn calories

MeHoW
04-22-2006, 06:08 PM
I'd say eat around 1700 cals / day (thats a statement completely pulled out of my ass because I dont even know how much you weigh, try to find out your bf% and you'll be able to use the spreadsheet in my profile to get exact values). Use fitday to track what you eat.

As far as food suggestions here we go this is what I eat during the day.

Whey Protein, all day - every day lol.
Lean Chicken.
DO NOT FORGET VITAMINS LIKE CENTRUM, its best when you take them with Fish oil in the morning like I do, since there are some vits that are fat soluable and you probobally wont have that much fat during the day.
Fish Oil (salmon etc) or any other form of healthy oil. Tablespoon / day or so.
Cottage cheese, fat free/sodium free is the best.
Bananas to me your protein taste good if anything (or any other kind of fruit, depends on what you like)

But cutting is more that just numbers, I had to learn the hard way when I starved my metabolism down around 158lbs. Figure out what works for you and what % of your diet needs to be fat,protein,carbs.

And ofcourse you need a good workout split like the WBB1.
And the last 3 things you'll need: Time, Perserverence, and Self Control.

Oh and as far as cardio goes use HIIT for 20-30 mins. I went hardcore at 1hr/day and starved my metabolism. Depending on your preference and physical state you might prefer biking over running (shin splits suck ass)

RBB
04-22-2006, 08:27 PM
the best thing for you to do right now would be to start one of the wbb routines and read the stickies in the diet section.

SHamidi
04-23-2006, 05:55 PM
did the wbb day one today, was awesome

Garrix
04-23-2006, 10:31 PM
155 and 18. that was two years ago for me. Exactly the weight too... keep at it. I wish i would of started at 18.

Andre3000
05-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Alright so here are some pictures of me. Im looking to slim down really, i want to lose as much body fat as possible. I'd like to have a nice body, honestly right now im not even comfterable taking of my shirt in front of other people. Right now I work out M-F Arms on Monday and Wednesday, Legs Tuesday Thursday, and Friday is a combination between the two. I do a couple small ab excersises and the begining of my workout then i do the exercises depending on the days i do it. Arm days i Bench, Incline, and usually do lats, frontal raises, and lateral raises. Leg Days i Squat, Hammer, and powerclean or deadlift. M-f and Sunday i play soccer so im getting quit a bit of cardio in. I think my problem is im not dieting. So if anyone can give me suggestions and hook me up with a diet that would help me sculp my abs and body it would be awesome and a big deal. Thanks for everything.

honestly, it is beyond me how you can be playing so much soccer and still have such a high bf%