PDA

View Full Version : Two Hidden Gems: Buffalo Milk and Grapeseed Oil!!

UrbanSmooth
04-14-2006, 10:03 PM
I have read that buffalo milk is much more nutritious than cow's milk, and also has higher calories per serving than cow's milk! That's great news for bulking!

Also, instead of putting olive oil in your protein shakes, why not add grapeseed oil, which tastes slightly better, mixes much better, and has much higher polyunsaturated fat, monounsaturated fat, and vitamin E per seving, but, still has the same amount of total good fat (14g)!! :omg:

Grapeseed Oil also costs a lot cheaper!

(Poly and mono are GOOD fats!)

betastas
04-14-2006, 10:20 PM
A tablespoon of a fat is always 14g. The densities don't vary that much.

Most places don't stock grapeseed oil. I have yet to see it alongside any Olive Oil bottles. Same thing with bison milk.

brickt.
04-15-2006, 01:30 AM
Grapeseed oil is 70% polyunsaturated acids. I'd much rather an oil that was 70% monounsaturated. I'll pass.

UrbanSmooth
04-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Why?

TheGimp
04-15-2006, 05:30 PM
Almost all of the polyunsaturated fat in grapeseed oil is omega-6s.

For optimum health we want a ratio of 1:1 omega-3 to omega-6 EFAs.

Most of us already get plenty (too much) omega-6 thanks to our modern diets with their overabundance of grains, vegetable oils, and meat from animals reared on grains.

The benefit of mono-unsaturated fats is that they are "neutral", not affecting this ratio.

djreef
04-18-2006, 02:33 PM
polys also oxidize into unhealthy fats at a faster rate than monos do. Do yourself a favor and refridge polys to slow down the process, or buy smaller batches, so you use them more quickly.

DJ

UrbanSmooth
04-18-2006, 05:32 PM
So, I should stop putting grapeseed oil in my protein shakes and oatmeal, and use olive oil again?

djreef
04-19-2006, 08:51 AM
or flax oil, that'd be good too. High lignan.

DJ