PDA

View Full Version : amount of food on off days?

no limitations
04-15-2006, 01:14 AM
i ve just started to take weights seriously and i am trying to bulk but by putting on a minimal amount of fat and max muscle. if i go to the gym 3 times a week (every second day), should i eat the same amount of food on my off days as i do on my on days or do i eat less on the days i take off?
any advice would be great.......Thanks

Clifford Gillmore
04-15-2006, 01:17 AM
I eat around 6000-7000 cals on an off day, on an "On" day I will consume 8000 - Mostly due to a pre and post workout nutrition. Some do, some don't.

XDS
04-15-2006, 01:26 AM
Surprsingly, eating a lot *may* help you with gaining muscle and a minimal amount of fat. Protein is the only thing that can actually develop muscle (when you work out with it, of course). For this case, more is less, thats the way some people like to put it. But if you eat more, your metabolism will work faster.

no limitations
04-15-2006, 01:47 AM
k thanks for the advice

no limitations
04-15-2006, 01:53 AM
should i do any other form of exercise on my off days, i.e. fitness or will this affect my weight gains?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-15-2006, 02:04 AM
Surprsingly, eating a lot *may* help you with gaining muscle and a minimal amount of fat. Protein is the only thing that can actually develop muscle (when you work out with it, of course). For this case, more is less, thats the way some people like to put it. But if you eat more, your metabolism will work faster.You need to stop telling everyone that because it's flat out wrong.

i ve just started to take weights seriously and i am trying to bulk but by putting on a minimal amount of fat and max muscle.If you're planning on bulking you're going to gain fat...it's a given. You can't add loads of muscle mass and barely gain fat. It's simply not going to happen unless you have amazing genetics.

If you don't have a solid routine down I'd recommend this: http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25

There are also some great threads here: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=65848

Read and learn! :)

SilverYello
04-15-2006, 02:08 AM
Damn genetics

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-15-2006, 02:10 AM
Damn geneticsThey can be a pain at times.

f=ma
04-15-2006, 06:59 AM
whatever, genetics are so played out. its all about how hard you work and your diet.

Holto
04-15-2006, 10:43 AM
lol @ sCaRz...good post

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-15-2006, 01:06 PM
whatever, genetics are so played out. its all about how hard you work and your diet.Yes...it IS all about hard work and diet. But your genetics isn't going to just pack a suitcase and leave. It's there to stay.

lol @ sCaRz...good postThanks. :thumbup:

gator
04-17-2006, 10:46 AM
If you're planning on bulking you're going to gain fat...it's a given. You can't add loads of muscle mass and barely gain fat. It's simply not going to happen unless you have amazing genetics.

I would agree, but I would also agree than you can put on a decent amount of muscle (not as much as if you truely bulked) and lose fat at the same time. I've done a lot of researching on this guy who has had great success at doing this, I'm still skeptical of this as of now, but it looks like its working so far. And these diets are on people who aren't experiencing their newbie gains anymore.