PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Leak-Free Shaker Bottle!

UrbanSmooth
04-15-2006, 07:15 PM
So, guys, let me tell you, I ordered three shaker bottles off bodybuilding.com, and, they don't look that bad, but, still, they do leak! I would like to know if any of you have come across a leak-free shaker bottle/container for shaking protein shakes? Thanks!

betastas
04-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Walmart bottles. Both just have screw on lids with a rubber washer in them. No leaks, no spills, only a few bucks.

getfit
04-15-2006, 07:43 PM
nalgene

http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/

UrbanSmooth
04-15-2006, 08:21 PM
Is that all you have to say to me, beautiful?

betastas
04-15-2006, 08:27 PM
Yeah. Sorry UrbanSmooth.

Chronic
04-15-2006, 08:46 PM
nalgene

http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/

I have three of these and they are awesome. I have to screw the lid on pretty tight if I want to shake it up though

DumbellDude
04-15-2006, 09:48 PM
Nalgene are the best, I have two for a couple of years and they do not leak. You don't have to buy them online, most sports/outdoors shops have them.

Holto
04-16-2006, 11:50 AM
Most bb style shaker bottles are made of plastic that is soft and more porous than nalgene. This allows bacterial buildup over time. More so than the nalgene.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-16-2006, 02:06 PM
nalgene

http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/Uh...cool. Thanks. :)

Anthony
04-16-2006, 02:07 PM
Another vote for Nalgene!!

Chronic
04-16-2006, 03:52 PM
I'll leave my nalgene about sitting around after I have a shake for a few days but I did that with a soft plastic bottle and it was disgusting. Was full of mold and was the worst smell.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-16-2006, 03:53 PM
^^

It's called hot soap and water. Try using them sometime. ;)

f=ma
04-16-2006, 04:56 PM
i bought a 1L rubbermaid container to mix shakes in.. it was like $3 at the grocery story and doesnt leak at all, so rather than clean it i can just buy a new one when it stinks badly

VDubb
04-17-2006, 12:35 PM
I use my son's old "sippy cups".

Screw on tops, no leaks. Look at the baby aisle next time you're in the grocery store!

I feel the need to express my disdain for the uber-trendy Nalgene bottles.......I'm so cool, I have a name brand water bottle......:zipit: I've always thought it was goofy, that's all......

Anthony
04-17-2006, 01:45 PM
I feel the need to express my disdain for the uber-trendy Nalgene bottles.......I'm so cool, I have a name brand water bottle......:zipit: I've always thought it was goofy, that's all......

Don't be jealous that my shaker is better than yours! :whazzup:

UrbanSmooth
04-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Don't be jealous that my shaker is better than yours! :whazzup:

ROFL!!!!

I just need one that doesn't leak when I shake it up and drink from it!

Optimum08
04-17-2006, 08:09 PM
ROFL!!!!

I just need one that doesn't leak when I shake it up and drink from it!

then go with a nalgene.

trunksy
04-17-2006, 09:50 PM
For those of you that already have the Nalgene bottles, which line of bottles have an agitator in them so that you can shake them and get the powder dispersed evenly in the liquid?

I haven't tried the Nalgene bottles. I usually order at least $200 worth of supplements from netrition.com and they always give you the option of a free shaker bottle. I find that those are decent and since I get a new one every time I make a new supplement order, I can throw it away if the brand they happen to be giving away at the time happens to suck. There's one brand that I've been using when I first started ordering from them and I haven't really had to use any of the other shaker bottles I get from them. Some of them suck but some are good too. I went through a few crappy ones that would get all over the place before I got some decent ones from their freebies when you buy at least $200 worth of supplements.

Optimum08
04-17-2006, 11:11 PM
actually in reality, my $8 GNC (of all places) shaker has held up remarkably well and doesn't leak and i've had it for at least 2-3 years and using it almost everyday.

WORLD
04-19-2006, 09:24 PM
For a shaker cup? I say, go to your local nutrition store and ask them for some free cups.. They get them for free so they dont care. Its the plastic ones with the thin little lid, they never leak.

trunksy
03-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Oh, trust me, I've tried 10+ different styles of different shaker bottles that came free when I bought protein powder. They all either left clumps or dribbled all over my clothes when I tried to drink from it. The best I've found so far is the Buchsteiner MixChamp. Another forum mentioned the BlenderBottle with the ball agitator but that leaks all over my clothes just as much as the cheapo plastic shakers.

Still haven't tried Nalgene yet since no one can attest to powders not clumping in the shake since they don't make one with an agitator inside.

teeroy
03-20-2009, 04:05 PM
I would highly recommend that the one you get has a screw on top. I was shaking up one the other day after a lunch workout. I had already showered and put my work clothes on. The top popped off while shaking it and it went all over my pants and shirt. This was at a client's office and it would have taken me an hour to drive back to my hotel, change, and get back to the customer site so I just had to go the rest of the day with the stains (they were still visible after drying even though I wiped if off with a damp towel). I swear I'll never use a shaker that doesn't have a screw on top again. Doh!

trunksy
03-20-2009, 04:13 PM
I feel your pain! Like I said, I've tried 10+ different styles of shaker bottles. Some with more success than others. Pop-tops were the first ones to go. Trying to get the pop-tops on and off without flinging liquid all over the place was a challenge. There are plenty of screw tops that leak like crazy though.

Irish Pilot
03-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Ive always used Blender Bottles with great success. I love nalgenes and use them for water...but for mixing supps I use the Blender Bottle.

ZenMonkey
03-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Ive always used Blender Bottles with great success. I love nalgenes and use them for water...but for mixing supps I use the Blender Bottle.

Yea. Me too, I dont use the springy mixer thing though.

trunksy
03-20-2009, 05:24 PM
What protein powder do you use and how many times a day do you drink it? 3-5/day?

twm
03-21-2009, 07:16 AM
i have a couple of rubbermaid 32oz plastic bottles with a screw on top. they never leak

KarstenDD
03-26-2009, 07:07 PM
Yea. Me too, I dont use the springy mixer thing though.

Try it. It works pretty well.

Holto
03-27-2009, 09:48 AM
I don't know how the current generation of blender bottles could possibly leak. The threads are simply amazing and the top that you snap off to drink out of is rock solid. I don't usually use the mesh ball but it's nice to have as it does do something.

VikingWarlord
03-27-2009, 10:03 AM
I have two of the Turbo Shakers that ALN sells and they're both pretty good but not for transporting something. At the Arnold I got a bottle from Vyotech that's produced by Elite Packaging that I dig quite a bit. It's got a removable fin insert with a rubber seal that definitely helps not only breaking up clumps but makes for a great seal.

It's not that old but I also hand wash it so the seal shouldn't deteriorate too badly or too quickly.

s60QBpB
03-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Respects, delivers you the best sourceradix.com/m/f277.html