80% x 5
85% x 4
85% x 4

Incline DB Bench - 10, 8, 8, 6

Weighted Dips - 15, 12, 10, 10

Day 2 [ Wednesday ] Deadlift Day:

Deadlift -

x 8 [ Warm up ]

Speed Pulls - 65% of 1rm for 8 sets of 3 reps [ 45 secs to a minute rest each set ]

BB Rows - 10, 10, 8, 6-8

Chinups - 10, 8, 8, 6

Barbell Good Mornings – 4 x 10

Day 3 [ Friday ] Speed Bench Day and also Tricep Work:

Speed Bench - 10 warmup sets, then 60% of 1rm for 8 x 3

Close Grip Bench Press Triples -

Skull Crushers - 12, 12, 10, 10, 8

Tricep Overhead Extension –
3 x 12

Day 4 [ Saturday ] Squat Day and some other Assistance work–

Back Squat - 2 warmup sets of 10, 8. Then 6, 6, 4, 2

Romanian Deadlift – 10 warmup reps, then 8, 6, 6

Front Squat – 10 warm up reps, then 8, 6, 6

Hammer Curls - 10, 10, 8, 6

DB Shoulder Press - 10, 8, 8, 6

Lateral Raise – 10, 8, 8, 6

Okay, I am not sure WTF I am doing but the only thing I know of is that this is a routine for powerlifting... ( Read above again ). So I am assuming it's ment for strength gains. Now am I suppose to do the squats and deadlifts every week ? Currently there is no "Speed day for squats", and on Deadlift day I am pulling heavy and at the same time I am doing speed pulls after the heavies.

So I am suppose to switch up "Day 4 [ Saturday ] Squat Day" every other week and do Speed squats? I'd keep the exact same routine except change the heavy squats to speed work. I am not sure about "Day 2 [ Wednesday ] Deadlift Day"

In summary: I am currently maxing out every week on squats and deadlifts, and I guess also the bench press. This doesn't sound good.

Sensei
04-16-2006, 06:12 AM
*Credit to Kevinstarke for a sample POWERLIFTING routine.*

Okay, I am not sure WTF I am doing but the only thing I know of is that this is a routine for powerlifting... ( Read above again ). So I am assuming it's ment for strength gains. Now am I suppose to do the squats and deadlifts every week ? Currently there is no "Speed day for squats", and on Deadlift day I am pulling heavy and at the same time I am doing speed pulls after the heavies.

So I am suppose to switch up "Day 4 [ Saturday ] Squat Day" every other week and do Speed squats? I'd keep the exact same routine except change the heavy squats to speed work. I am not sure about "Day 2 [ Wednesday ] Deadlift Day"

In summary: I am currently maxing out every week on squats and deadlifts, and I guess also the bench press. This doesn't sound good.
I guess you'll have to ask Kevin if he wrote the program.

IMHO, the bench day looks pretty tough - I don't think you need to be doing three chest exercises if your focus is bench.

Monday is going to be a biatch if you do shoulder work on Saturday.

Do some upper back work (rows, chins) twice a week if you can.

Sensei
04-16-2006, 06:21 AM
You know, I just looked at a few entries in your journal and you really don't seem to be able to follow a plan at all.

JUST ****ING MAKE A PLAN AND STICK WITH IT FOR 8-12 WEEKS! MAKE ADJUSTMENTS ALONG THE WAY AS NECESSARY BUT, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, STOP LOOKING FOR THE HOLY GRAIL - THERE IS NONE!

EAT, EAT, EAT - STOP MAKING EXCUSES WHY YOU CAN'T EAT ENOUGH! EAT UNTIL YOU CAN'T EAT ANOTHER BITE AND THEN EAT SOME MORE.

SkinnySadMan
04-16-2006, 07:08 PM
haha, lol Sensei :D. Hey but I kept at the 3 sets of 8-12 thingy for like 3-5 months..... you gotta give me credit for that, I think :( I just sometimes changed exercises or changed or lowered reps scheme. I kept your general idea of only 2-3 exercises. Just want to try something different for a few more months again.

Squat PR +40 lbs. in 3-5 months, not sure if that's any good. From 200 to 240, still a long way to go. 335 Squat would be a nice goal for my bodyweight (but not the end goal).

Sensei
04-16-2006, 07:28 PM
haha, lol Sensei :D. Hey but I kept at the 3 sets of 8-12 thingy for like 3-5 months..... you gotta give me credit for that, I think :( I just sometimes changed exercises or changed or lowered reps scheme. I kept your general idea of only 2-3 exercises. Just want to try something different for a few more months again.
Making a plan does not mean sticking with the same set/rep scheme and exercises for 3-5 months... What I mean is find or make a GOOD plan that will help you sort out the variation in intensity and volume that you will need longer term. Once you have that, you can make adjustments accordingly, but if not, you'll simply be looking for brand new routine in a couple of months.

SkinnySadMan
04-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Ok, anyways about the routine, I'll switch the shoulder press and lateral raise into Dumbell Rows, and Chin ups/ or pull ups. But then I won't see any Overhead shoulder work. Hmmmm ...