PDA

View Full Version : how important is protein

235orbust
04-16-2006, 08:27 PM
I read an article on wannabebig a few days with a title about genes or something. It went on to explain misconceptions a certain powerlifter thinks people have about them. One of which was protein. He said that he thinks protein is way overrated and that he personally probably does not take in more than 50gs of protein a day. He also tooks roids tho so you cant really listen to too much of what he says as far as training, but it did have me thinking. What is everyones take on the importance of protein in bulking, I know you have to have some protein obviously to grow, but if during my bulk i am not getting my quota(218lbs-218g) of protein, how much would that hinder me, if at all?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Considering the food you need to consume to put on muscle mass, you're going to be consuming over 50 grams regardless...so it doesn't even matter anyway. But on the topic, he is full of it.

And considering protein is used by all the trillions of cells in your body I'd say protein is pretty important.

Optimum08
04-16-2006, 08:41 PM
what he said^

D Breyer
04-17-2006, 12:30 AM
yeah he summed it up pretty well

just as a side note, refering to steroids as 'roids' will not gain you much respect from many of the members of this forum.

HILL
04-17-2006, 03:16 AM
Protein is important the general idea is 1-1.5g per pound of bodyweight some people say you dont need that much but in my opinion better to get to much than to little

235orbust
04-17-2006, 01:33 PM
yeah he summed it up pretty well

just as a side note, refering to steroids as 'roids' will not gain you much respect from many of the members of this forum.

my mistake, i dont agree with steroids but i wasnt trying to insult anyone, honestly i just thought roids had the same connotation as steroids

seK
04-17-2006, 02:46 PM
my mistake, i dont agree with steroids but i wasnt trying to insult anyone, honestly i just thought roids had the same connotation as steroids
Meh I wouldn't worry about it I am pretty sure noone here is that big of a panzy. :P

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Meh I wouldn't worry about it I am pretty sure noone here is that big of a panzy. :PUm...the types of people here that get annoyed by it...you wouldn't dare call them a panzy to their face...lol.