PDA

View Full Version : I'd forgotten how many calories 3k is...

ShockBoxer
04-18-2006, 05:47 PM
A packet of quaker instant oatmeal
4 scoops of ON whey
4 scoops of powdered skim milk
5 oz of battered chicken fingers
1 three inch diameter bakery chocolate chip cookie
1 hamburger bun
1 5 oz xtra lean hamburger patty
2 tablespoons of miracle whip
1/2 cup of dry roasted unsalted peanuts

99 grams of fat, 178 carbs, 212 protein

2400 cals.

Six hundred to go... tempting to just run to Wendy's for a hamburger.

Any suggestions to pad out a 'lift day' (like today)? 2400 is more than plenty on a non-lift day so that won't be a problem. According to the calculations that I used to get my cut moving (it worked) since I had to cut on 1600 non-lift, 2100 lift to see results I need 2100 non-lift and 2900 lift as a starting point.

Yeah, I could just average that out to 2500 a day but I want to make sure my muscles get plenty of food on lift days and my fat prone body doesn't get as much to play with on non-lift days. The less on non-lift, more on lift worked MUCH better than the previous 12 weeks of 1800 a day solid.

Sidior
04-18-2006, 09:52 PM
eat more of what you are already eating....600 cals worth to be exact.

mattburns
04-19-2006, 08:59 AM
i was going to say 3k isnt that much but then i saw you were 5" 4' and 150lbs so its a fair amount.

whenever i see something lacking in my diet i.e protein ill add a tin of tuna or something particularly high in the macro i need.

looks like you could do with more carbs in your diet, try some more oats or adding some rice to your main meals.

HILL
04-19-2006, 10:21 AM
i no the feeling and situation mate sometimes im like that and dont even want anything but know i should. its at times like this i pull my blender out and have a nice shake with peanut butter in lots of protein and good fats

ShockBoxer
04-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Peanut butter is awesome, cheap, and had slipped my mind. I just need to pick up some fresh celery and I can eat a few tablespoons easy.

Adding a second packet of oatmeal on lift days will help too (and I love the stuff as a plus).

I just need to get out of my cutting mindset. I'm on bulk... anything edible and slower than me should be assessed for nutritional viability.

Canadian Crippler
04-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Tell me about it man. I was bulking on 6000 easy before, now that I'm back on that intake I'm finding it tough as hell!

ShockBoxer
04-19-2006, 04:26 PM
I would have to have unlimited free access to an all you could eat chinese buffet to even stand a chance of hitting 6k. Guess there's a perk to being an 'easy gainer'... though I'm suspecting that my partitioning is going to be total ****. There is only one way to find out, though. :burger: