PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys pack for lunch?

cmr2
04-18-2006, 08:48 PM
I work 10 hours in a cube every day. Getting tired of grilled chicken sandwiches @ the local eatery.

If you're cutting, what do you pack for lunch?

Built
04-18-2006, 08:50 PM
I pack my whole day's worth of food, all measured and weighed.

I get hungry, I just reach into the bag and grab something. Once it's gone, it's gone.

Typical day would be hardboiled eggs, tub of cottage cheese, chicken breasts, romaine, pepper, avocado, nuts, fruit, green beans (blanched and ready to heat up), protein waffles and or sweet potato on lifting days... peanut butter at my desk, butter and salad dressing in the fridge at work.

bigshock
04-18-2006, 09:13 PM
hey pack your protein shakes,put a couple chik breast in some foil and some cashews if you want to nibble on xtra fat....yo may want to try some MRP's.

Built
04-18-2006, 09:17 PM
Depending on your cut calories and appetite, you may wish to ditch the MRPs on a cut. Personally, on lower calories, I prefer to chew my food.

ddegroff
04-18-2006, 10:06 PM
on a cut, i perfer lettuce wraps with turkey or roast beef. I like to pack almonds or some kind of nut. i do chicken and veggies or brown rice.

HILL
04-19-2006, 03:26 AM
I just have protein shakes and a sarnie or 2 but thats me i dnt mind being hungry. Try making ure own protein bars also huge salads with some kind of meat in them.

Eszekial
04-19-2006, 09:42 AM
Protein shakes or hard boiled eggs, or cottage cheese for me during lunch

TwiloMike
04-19-2006, 10:16 AM
Grilled chicken breast + brown rice.

whiteman90909
04-19-2006, 03:04 PM
trail mix, sandwich with like a half pound of meat, fruit
-that gets me from 7am-3pm (after breakfast)

Beast
04-19-2006, 03:41 PM
Egg whites and peanuts on non-workout days, egg whites and lentils/oats on workout days.

Jordanbcool
04-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Chicken and steak!

mmm

also hardboiled eggs mostly..

-jordan

dissipate
04-19-2006, 05:30 PM
what do you do if your colleagues go to places like food courts everyday for lunch and those're good opportunities for you to get to know them better? do you bring your packed lunch along?

Keith
04-19-2006, 06:14 PM
what do you do if your colleagues go to places like food courts everyday for lunch and those're good opportunities for you to get to know them better? do you bring your packed lunch along?

Priorities...what is more important? A proper meal and maybe a little embarrasement if this is what is holding you back? Or a good, relaxed time out with your fellow colleagues?

dissipate
04-19-2006, 08:25 PM
what'd be holding me back from bringing a packed lunch is teasing and resentment...

d'Anconia
04-19-2006, 08:29 PM
LOL learn to defend yourself. You made the decision to pack your lunch after thinking hard about it, if you made the right decision then you should have no problem defending your stance. Plus are you certain your colleagues would make fun of you? I would think that especially if you pack good food they may be jealous.

Optimum08
04-19-2006, 10:45 PM
lately i've been going with about 6-8 oz. of deli turkey (98% fat free) and some lettuce for lettuce wraps dipped in some homemade honey mustard sauce (ingredients:honey, dijon mustard)with about 1/4-1/2 cup of almonds that i snack on throughout the day, an apple, and 2 scoops of nitrean in water.

Optimum08
04-19-2006, 10:47 PM
if you can find it, the most superior tasting/best lettuce that i enjoy the most is a variety called "butter lettuce" and it is hydroponically (sp) grown. it doesn't have the crispyness of regular lettuce, but it isn't like mushy, very hard to explain but a considerable difference between regular and this.

Built
04-19-2006, 10:48 PM
I love butter lettuce. It's awesome for wraps - doesn't break.

dissipate
04-20-2006, 06:06 AM
LOL learn to defend yourself. You made the decision to pack your lunch after thinking hard about it, if you made the right decision then you should have no problem defending your stance. Plus are you certain your colleagues would make fun of you? I would think that especially if you pack good food they may be jealous.
heh this isn't school or casual work where you don't really need to give a crap about what your friends/colleagues think. i have no problem defending my stance. i have a problem with the unconscious resentment i'm sure you know about, that builds up in people who eat unhealthy food when they see people eating healthy, that might ultimately affect working relationships. you may call it unprofessional but it's reality.

dissipate
04-20-2006, 06:07 AM
I love butter lettuce. It's awesome for wraps - doesn't break.
man i've gotta look for this lettuce then! i've been trying with normal iceberg and cos and end up eating salad bits instead of wraps.

Genacide
04-20-2006, 06:34 AM

People I work with always go out to get some form of crappy food (Fast food, sit down places, take-out) and I always let them know I packed my own lunch. Saves me money, and I eat healthier.

JoeG
04-20-2006, 09:35 AM
heh this isn't school or casual work where you don't really need to give a crap about what your friends/colleagues think. i have no problem defending my stance. i have a problem with the unconscious resentment i'm sure you know about, that builds up in people who eat unhealthy food when they see people eating healthy, that might ultimately affect working relationships. you may call it unprofessional but it's reality.

I know where your coming from but there is also an upside. A few days ago one of the Program Directors told me that he thought eating the way I do shows a lot of discipline and he said that a few more of the people there could do with some discipline.

For luch I almost always have tuna and then a shake before lifting at lunch. Yeah I hate tuna now but it is so easy to have around. Its strange but on my 1700 cal cut I'm still not all that hungry during the day. At night though its horrible.

cmr2
04-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Monday will be a good day.

Built
04-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Its strange but on my 1700 cal cut I'm still not all that hungry during the day. At night though its horrible.

You're eating more than you need in the daytime. Save some to eat at night when you're hungriest. That's what I do when I cut.

dissipate
04-20-2006, 10:11 PM
I know where your coming from but there is also an upside. A few days ago one of the Program Directors told me that he thought eating the way I do shows a lot of discipline and he said that a few more of the people there could do with some discipline.
wow.. never imagined a higher-up person would notice and think of it that way. good on you :)

El Kelio
04-21-2006, 05:23 PM
8 oz. Turkey breast + Brocoli + Mustard + 1 scoop of Olive Oil + Wheat Bread

cphafner
04-21-2006, 09:15 PM
wow.. never imagined a higher-up person would notice and think of it that way. good on you :)

Everyone at my office knows about my eating habits. I have made friendly with a lot of people because they are curious. Hard not to notice when I am in the kitchen every 2 hours.

Jorge Sanchez
04-21-2006, 10:12 PM
I have a big protein breakfast before I leave.

At work, I eat two sandwiches with a quarter pound of turkey each. I also bring carrots to munch on if I get hungry.