PDA

View Full Version : New Diet.... What makes muscle Deteriorate?

BornBig
01-19-2002, 01:42 PM
I started new diet which i eat ALOT less than i used too... lost the fast food, and sodas... eating oatmeal, and good food.. just not alot of it.

What makes muscles deteriorate? Protien? Ive been eating a good bit of shrimp, Chicken, Tuna... etc. I have plently of muscle, and dont mind loosing some if neccisary... but i plan on building muscle once ive lost the weight.

Ive already lost 11 Lbs, which im reall happy about... i feel better already.:)

Tryska
01-20-2002, 09:00 AM
i'm confused? do you want your muscle to deteriorate?

there's a few different answers to this question, but my first answer is gonna be not enough calories to maintain your LBM will cause your muscle to catabolize. among other not so good side effects.

BornBig
01-20-2002, 04:21 PM
No no no... I dont want them too... Just wondering what kind of methods i can use to keep them from deteriorating...

How much calories SHOULD i take in? I weight 313 Pounds. What is LBM? thanks

TreeTrunks
01-20-2002, 04:24 PM
LBM=Lean Body Mass or how much you'd weight at 0% body fat.

Tryska
01-20-2002, 04:45 PM
off the top of my head, i'd say at least 3500, but reallty the best way to get an adequate read on your metabolism, is to keep a food diary for a couple of weeks, while you are maintaing your weight and then tally up the calories. from their you can subtract about 250 a day, provided you are working out as well.

as for what foods will keep you muscle from catabolizing, it all depends onw hat type of diet you are following.

TreeTrunks
01-20-2002, 06:25 PM
Knowing how many calories to take is really a person to person thing. I know I can lose weight on a 4000 calorie diet, where for most people thats a bulking diet. albeit I weigh 230lbs. But really start with a reasonable number of calories and monitor your results and then add/subtract as needed.