PDA

View Full Version : 6 Weeks and 10 lbs

KarateBoy
04-19-2006, 06:00 PM
So i've been lifting heavy and eating tons and I think I'm finally seeing results.

I went from 155 to 165 in 6 or so weeks.

Just wondering what you guys have to say or even if you do see change: I believe last time we all concluded I was lieing to myself :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/Picture217.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/Picture354.jpg

Bigger Pics

http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture2176kv.jpg

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture3547ja.jpg

Jimmything08
04-19-2006, 06:05 PM
Youre noticeably wider in your back... What about your chest and legs?

Looks like awesome progress man... Good work! Keep it up!

MeHoW
04-19-2006, 06:10 PM
****en low body fat bull**** lol

I'll see you in 3 weeks, I should easly be at 15%. If not im gonna start killing people randomly on the streets. Either that or just kill you damn low bf bastard.

KarateBoy
04-19-2006, 06:13 PM
Youre noticeably wider in your back... What about your chest and legs?

Looks like awesome progress man... Good work! Keep it up!

Here's the interesting part.

In the last 6 weeks my deadlift went from 180 to 290 so my back is going GREAT

Squat have treated me nicely too as my max went from 180 to 270

But I hate my chest. I switched over to dumbbells and made some decent progress: went from 50 x 10 to 65 x 8 in 4-5 weeks. Now that I'm switching back to barbell I'm noticing neglible strength gains. I would say 10 lbs max?
It's frustrating.

Oh and thank you on the complimentary and encouraging words.:clap:

Jimmything08
04-19-2006, 06:14 PM
Thats really awesome about your squats and deadlifts man. You taking any supplements?

KarateBoy
04-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Thats really awesome about your squats and deadlifts man. You taking any supplements?

Just whey protein by body tech.

I just don't feel comfortable taking anything more then that and if my mom found out I am taking that kinda stuff she's beat me back down to 140 lbs.:ninja:

I guess 5500-6000 calories a day is working nicely but I'm starting to feel fat.

Keith
04-19-2006, 06:23 PM
110lb increase on your deadlift and 90lb increase on squats??? Unusual amount of increase in weight within 6 weeks. Was your form inproper before or something? Either way, great increase man! Keep up the great work!

Keith
04-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Just whey protein by body tech.

I just don't feel comfortable taking anything more then that and if my mom found out I am taking that kinda stuff she's beat me back down to 140 lbs.:ninja:

I guess 5500-6000 calories a day is working nicely but I'm starting to feel fat.

DO NOT be scared of fat, we ectomorphs can burn that very quickly when cutting. It will help you in the end so keep that bulk up!

KarateBoy
04-19-2006, 06:31 PM
110lb increase on your deadlift and 90lb increase on squats??? Unusual amount of increase in weight within 6 weeks. Was your form inproper before or something? Either way, great increase man! Keep up the great work!

5 weeks ago was the first time I did deadlift in my life (so noobie gains) and I'm thinking I have a naturally strong back.

As for squat, before 5 or 6 weeks ago I wasn't doing anything close to full ROM so I also saw results quick. I used to do kickboxing so legs were always there. Improving form helped about 20 lbs too.

Chest is still a pain. Just can't get it up.:cry:

Thank you for the kind words :)

KarateBoy
04-19-2006, 06:35 PM
DO NOT be scared of fat, we ectomorphs can burn that very quickly when cutting. It will help you in the end so keep that bulk up!

I'll try my best. :thumbup:

MeHoW
04-19-2006, 06:37 PM

That's BS. He has a phobia of fat. He's afraid of becoming as fat as me lol

Keith
04-19-2006, 06:57 PM
That's BS. He has a phobia of fat. He's afraid of becoming as fat as me lol

lol this isnt the first time youve commented about yourself being fat, seems like everytime I see you post you throw in something about how fat you are lol. If you really feel that bad man, take a look out there, theres MUCH bigger!

Keith
04-19-2006, 07:00 PM

Im now one week off from my cut! I literally cant wait! I always had a good set of abs and this bulk is killing me for that reason because this is the first time ive actually bulked and waved bye bye to those precious abs. If you have a different reason why you dont like the fat your adding on...please, share.

KarateBoy
04-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Im now one week off from my cut! I literally cant wait! I always had a good set of abs and this bulk is killing me for that reason because this is the first time ive actually bulked and waved bye bye to those precious abs. If you have a different reason why you dont like the fat your adding on...please, share.

Thats basically the same thing :)

I've always been a very lean kid and my abs were always there. I hate not seeing them anymore. Last year I competed at the kickboxing nationals and weighed in @ 137lbs at 5'10''

Basically, i'm used to being a skinny kid, My goals are to put on some muscle around my entire frame, get stronger, but keep my lean physique.

I guess you can say, I don't "wanna be big" but this is a great forum to get very helpful information. I'm shooting for a similar physique as one of the member on this board named "antek" probably with a bf%age of 10ish.

I CANNOT wait to cut. 5500-6000 a day for 6 weeks makes it easy to hate food.

Keith
04-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Thats basically the same thing :)

I've always been a very lean kid and my abs were always there. I hate not seeing them anymore. Last year I competed at the kickboxing nationals and weighed in @ 137lbs at 5'10''

Basically, i'm used to being a skinny kid, My goals are to put on some muscle around my entire frame, get stronger, but keep my lean physique.

I guess you can say, I don't "wanna be big" but this is a great forum to get very helpful information. I'm shooting for a similar physique as one of the member on this board named "antek" probably with a bf%age of 10ish.

I CANNOT wait to cut. 5500-6000 a day for 6 weeks makes it easy to hate food.

LOL man! You said it all right there. I know the antek guy his physique is just simply awesome! Its also what im heading for, maybe slightly thicker but keeping the same bf%. My body already has a thick built to it rather than wide so im sure I will get there some day with the strive that I have.
And yes, im actually starting to hate food because of how much I push myself to eat. Its really frustrating too because I know alot of ppl that love to train simply for the fact they get to eat so ****in much! At the beginning of my meal, I feel.. I guess intimidated? If that makes sense. I absolutely hate it and would do anything to change it. And yes I do eat with variety, its just the way my mind is set now. If anyone has any suggestions to how I could change this at all? Im guessing not, but its worth asking. Thanks!

KarateBoy
04-19-2006, 07:26 PM
LOL man! You said it all right there. I know the antek guy his physique is just simply awesome! Its also what im heading for, maybe slightly thicker but keeping the same bf%. My body already has a thick built to it rather than wide so im sure I will get there some day with the strive that I have.
And yes, im actually starting to hate food because of how much I push myself to eat. Its really frustrating too because I know alot of ppl that love to train simply for the fact they get to eat so ****in much! At the beginning of my meal, I feel.. I guess intimidated? If that makes sense. I absolutely hate it and would do anything to change it. And yes I do eat with variety, its just the way my mind is set now. If anyone has any suggestions to how I could change this at all? Im guessing not, but its worth asking. Thanks!

What are your stats? As in height and current weight + goal for weight (in regards to the cut)?

By the end of May, I want to try to get somewhere close to 175 and consider cutting for summer. Time to let the abs shine and I hear its eaiser to look big when you're cut :)

I was wondering if anyone thinks anything is lagging based on those pics.

I'm thinking my biceps are tiny.

Keith
04-19-2006, 07:40 PM
What are your stats? As in height and current weight + goal for weight (in regards to the cut)?

By the end of May, I want to try to get somewhere close to 175 and consider cutting for summer. Time to let the abs shine and I hear its eaiser to look big when you're cut :)

I was wondering if anyone thinks anything is lagging based on those pics.

I'm thinking my biceps are tiny.

I stand 5'9" at 160lbs. And for cut im still reading and learning exactly how to cut and how much I would like to cut but as of right now im thinking 145-150lbs. Does anyone think this is too extreme in terms of a possibility of losing muscle mass? And yes, you definately will look "bigger" when your are cut although the scale may tell you differently.
You seem to have close to the same body type as my training partner (alot of width but lacking thickness). Although its genetic, you can still obviously train to become thicker. Another point, your not pleased with your biceps? 99% of ppl are the same way! It seems no matter how hard you train those arms your never pleased. Dont worry about that though. Train HEAVY and give it that extra intensity to compound exercises and those arms will build. IMO direct arm workout isnt really needed, unless you wanna throw in some heavy cheat curls for mass or concentration curls to build that peak on chest days if your really that dissapointed with your bi's.

Jimmything08
04-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Im 170 lb.'s and 5'9... I was told a cut would not be good at this point in time.. I should bulk more and then cut back to around 170.

KarateBoy
04-19-2006, 07:54 PM
I stand 5'9" at 160lbs. And for cut im still reading and learning exactly how to cut and how much I would like to cut but as of right now im thinking 145-150lbs. Does anyone think this is too extreme in terms of a possibility of losing muscle mass? And yes, you definately will look "bigger" when your are cut although the scale may tell you differently.
You seem to have close to the same body type as my training partner (alot of width but lacking thickness). Although its genetic, you can still obviously train to become thicker. Another point, your not pleased with your biceps? 99% of ppl are the same way! It seems no matter how hard you train those arms your never pleased. Dont worry about that though. Train HEAVY and give it that extra intensity to compound exercises and those arms will build. IMO direct arm workout isnt really needed, unless you wanna throw in some heavy cheat curls for mass or concentration curls to build that peak on chest days if your really that dissapointed with your bi's.

Camera adds on 10 lbs and 3'' of width-ness:p

KarateBoy
04-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Im 170 lb.'s and 5'9... I was told a cut would not be good at this point in time.. I should bulk more and then cut back to around 170.

Do you know your body fat?

4 month goal?

Keith
04-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Camera adds on 10 lbs and 3'' of width-ness:p

The camera is my worst enemy! The mirror on the other hand, is my best friend. Weird how that works.

KarateBoy
04-19-2006, 08:56 PM
The camera is my worst enemy! The mirror on the other hand, is my best friend. Weird how that works.

Mirror= see yourself from the best angle

Camera= see yourself from the worst angle

Keith
04-19-2006, 11:28 PM
Agreed!

MJS
04-20-2006, 02:12 AM

I believe the correct question would have been, how's your diet?

Sidior
04-20-2006, 05:02 AM

man keep bulking, cutting to 145 at 5'9" is thin!!....believe me I have been there. Also you can't build bicep peak.

KarateBoy
04-20-2006, 06:07 AM
I believe the correct question would have been, how's your diet?

http://www.fitday.com/webfit/publicjournals.html?Owner=Mehow&Year=2006&Month=3&Day=14

MeHoW
04-20-2006, 10:07 AM
lol this isnt the first time youve commented about yourself being fat, seems like everytime I see you post you throw in something about how fat you are lol. If you really feel that bad man, take a look out there, theres MUCH bigger!

I don't feel bad but me and KarateBoy are neighbors and good friends so we can joke around like that. I'm more frustrated than anything since I've been losing weight for give or take 2 months and I have a tendency to stall at 156lbs. Anyway I'm working on it so we'll see at the end of summer.

Keith
04-20-2006, 03:14 PM
man keep bulking, cutting to 145 at 5'9" is thin!!....believe me I have been there. Also you can't build bicep peak.

I know its thin, ive been there before too. But now I have more muscle and fat and im really missing the abs I used to have. Im thinking 145 is a little too low to cut. In my eyes I could look decent at 150 but I know I should keep bulking but for summer, my shirt is always off and abs is something I need and that only comes with diet.
And yes you can workout on your bicep peak. Concentration curls are prime for that. I cant explain why, but ive heard it from bodybuilders and have read it in many books as well. If you can back that up with proof I would like to see it.

Jimmything08
04-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Do you know your body fat?

4 month goal?

Last time I checked, 13% body fat.

4 month goal is to maintain for now. Maintain through the summer, and then start my bulk in Spetember.

Eszekial
04-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Is it just me, or does he look exactly the same with his pants lower on his waist in the 2nd picture?

Sidior
04-20-2006, 05:55 PM
I know its thin, ive been there before too. But now I have more muscle and fat and im really missing the abs I used to have. Im thinking 145 is a little too low to cut. In my eyes I could look decent at 150 but I know I should keep bulking but for summer, my shirt is always off and abs is something I need and that only comes with diet.
And yes you can workout on your bicep peak. Concentration curls are prime for that. I cant explain why, but ive heard it from bodybuilders and have read it in many books as well. If you can back that up with proof I would like to see it.
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=76817&highlight=upper+chest+grow

try reading this thread to start, it is discussing upper chest but the same principle applies

Keith
04-21-2006, 10:47 AM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=76817&highlight=upper+chest+grow

try reading this thread to start, it is discussing upper chest but the same principle applies

I know about this entire thread and I even made a comment to how great of a debate it was. But how does that thread relate to what I was talking about?

KarateBoy
04-27-2006, 06:45 PM
Today is my 3rd day of creatine...not sure if it counts.

2 shots with different lighting...not sure if it makes a difference

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/Picture413.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/Picture415.jpg

Crooked Boobs...wtf?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/Picture417.jpg

Looks like chest is lagging?

KarateBoy
04-30-2006, 11:57 AM
I just wanted to say that creatine give you a HUGE pump.

I lifted 2 days ago and while swollen I really thouht my arms grew 2+ inches! Felt like a machine lol