PDA

View Full Version : I need to put on weight fast. HELP!

rray
04-19-2006, 06:49 PM
Ok, approximately four weeks i had facial surgery. Meaning upper/lower jaw and chin. This is the first week i'm able to eat solids not in a blender. Its like learning to eat all over again since my jaw is in a different position now so it gets sore chewing after awhile. I've lost about 10 pounds in the process of this ordeal but i'm getting married in 7 weeks and need to put on some weight. I look like a twig. Any suggestions appreciated.

235orbust
04-19-2006, 07:07 PM
10 pounds isnt too bad..

7 weeks is plenty of time, just follow the advice people give on this board such as diet and stuff, you can put on 15 in 7 weeks. since your jaw hurts, look to get a lot of calories from liquids.

.If you want to put on weight temporarily just drink a lot of water, a gallon or more. it will not make you stronger, nor look better, and it will be gone within a few days, but its ten pounds. Im drinking like 3 gallons before I go to football camps this summer, ill be pissin all day but It will give me another 15 pounds

getfit
04-19-2006, 07:09 PM
i agree with calories in liquid, protein,oats, milk, olive oil, natty pb make some high caloric shakes

d'Anconia
04-19-2006, 08:33 PM
If you want it bad then take some shots of olive oil:idea:

I always recommend this and people think I'm nuts. 1 shot = 1.5 ounces = 3 tablespoons = 360 calories.
If you can take a shot of Popov vodka then you can take a shot of olive oil.

rray
04-19-2006, 08:59 PM
Just regular olive oil or what? Never heard of that. Might have to give it a try. Is it bad for you to do that on a regular basis?

WORLD
04-19-2006, 09:09 PM
oooooor you could cook more with olive oil... put it all over your veggies, your meat, in your shakes, everything..
I would rather stick to the vodka for shots haha

ncsuLuke
04-19-2006, 09:25 PM
man you could put on some calories quick with a few shots of olive oil

Bam
04-19-2006, 09:26 PM
drink grease always hits the spot

=D

WORLD
04-19-2006, 09:28 PM
man you could put on some calories quick with a few shots of olive oil
Ya but why make yourself sick? If he just includes olive oil in all of his meals, he can get enough...

Thats just my opinion, I wouldn't go near taking a shot of it...Then again Im Greek, so were practically made of olive oil. lol

getfit
04-20-2006, 01:19 AM
oooooor you could cook more with olive oil... put it all over your veggies, your meat, in your shakes, everything..
better to cook with butter and use olive oil on your veggies(salads) shakes, etc..

Built
04-20-2006, 01:29 AM
:withstupi

Butter for cooking, olive oil is best uncooked.

Genacide
04-20-2006, 06:29 AM
:withstupi

Butter for cooking, olive oil is best uncooked.

I've been using Olive oil for cooking chicken, are you saying butter would be a better choice? Not sure if butter would cook off to fast leaving the chicken to stick and burn.

Holto
04-20-2006, 09:05 AM

Olive oil is only heat stable to about 300 degrees.

You should cook with solid fats. Butter and cocconut oil are heat stable above 400 degrees.

Holto
04-20-2006, 09:05 AM
I've been using Olive oil for cooking chicken, are you saying butter would be a better choice? Not sure if butter would cook off to fast leaving the chicken to stick and burn.

When I use butter most of it is still there after cooking.

WORLD
04-20-2006, 10:11 AM
Olive oil is only heat stable to about 300 degrees.

You should cook with solid fats. Butter and cocconut oil are heat stable above 400 degrees.

Is that right? I've been told that cooking with vegetable oil isn't very healthy everyday, but for some reason I assumed olive oil would be a better choice. I've stopped frying my eggs every morning, and now stick with boiling them.

UrbanSmooth
04-20-2006, 12:18 PM
Congratulations int he weidding, you lucky son of a mother! :thumbup:

Italianboy
04-21-2006, 01:44 PM
if you dont mind getting fat, my roommate was in the same situation, he was very thin and needed to gain weight fast. He started making shakes- each one contained a full container of ice cream, whole milk and oil, blended together. He drank three a day religiously and put on 37 lbs in 8 weeks. Not the healthiest approach, but it worked real well for him. It's funny, casue he was trying to lose the weight soon after that, seemed to work too well i guess.

Best of luck man, and congrats.

LifeSize
04-21-2006, 01:52 PM
Why not just make yourself a few 1000cal shakes? drink a few a day and whatever other meals you can get in to get you used to using your new grill peice..

whey, olive oil, peanut butter, milk, blend, drink, and enjoy your growth..

Titanium_Jim
04-21-2006, 01:54 PM
10 pounds isnt too bad..
.If you want to put on weight temporarily just drink a lot of water, a gallon or more. it will not make you stronger, nor look better, and it will be gone within a few days, but its ten pounds. Im drinking like 3 gallons before I go to football camps this summer, ill be pissin all day but It will give me another 15 pounds
Drinking a lot of water makes you drop water weight, because you take in so much, your body gets rid of it, "thinking" you don't need to save any.
Drinking less water makes your body retain water. That and salt in your diet.

betastas
04-21-2006, 02:16 PM
Is that right? I've been told that cooking with vegetable oil isn't very healthy everyday, but for some reason I assumed olive oil would be a better choice. I've stopped frying my eggs every morning, and now stick with boiling them.

Coconut oil isn't vegetable oil. It's the most stable cooking oil there is, while being easily available. Butter is a great choice too.

rray
04-22-2006, 03:47 PM
I'm gonna try the shake approach in additon to my regular foods. I was a regular drinker of the shakes for awhile but seemed like after each one id be heading to the bathroom so i was afraid it was a loss. I probably took in a total of 1000 calories the first week from surgery. I was literally eating through a 2oz. syringe. Liquids only. Thanks for everyones help.

Beast
04-22-2006, 07:51 PM
Peanut butter... nothing works better for gaining weight.