PDA

View Full Version : -TIM'S- Journal

-TIM-
04-19-2006, 08:17 PM
I'm straying a bit from the full body routine, but sticking with the 5x5 layout. Because of this, I'm going to start a different journal. I'm going to bring together the 5x5 with a routine I did back in 2003. It's a 4 day split, which I've done well with in the past, and finally have the time for. Here's the split.

DAY 1: Thighs & Hamstrings
DAY 2: Chest & Calves
DAY 3: Rest
DAY 4: Back & Traps
DAY 5: Shoulders & Arms
DAY 6: Rest
Day 7: Rest

The original routine started with 5 working sets, but 10-12 reps. The rep ranges would lower as the weights would increase over a 12 week period. I'm going to stick with 5 rep sets, and change a few of the exercises. I don't have plans on limiting this to a 12 week routine, so I'll probably do my best to stick with it as long as it's working.

I did legs and back 2 days ago, so I kicked it off with the day 2 routine.

--------------------
WEIGHT - 185 lbs.

Incline Bench
8 x 95 - WU
135 x 5 x 5

DB Press
40 x 5 x 5

Seated Raises
95 x 5 x 5

Sled Press Raises
180 x 5 x 10

HILL
04-20-2006, 04:00 AM
programme looks good TIM are you using this to bulk/cut or just maintain and increase strength

Anthony
04-20-2006, 05:10 AM
Always with a new journal ... keep it in one thread and it's easier to find stuff! That's the purpose of a journal!

Good to see you training again, though. :D

Coke
04-20-2006, 05:28 AM
The new plan is damn good, as long as you stick with it - :D ...we just messin with you bro, stay on track.

TTT
04-20-2006, 12:11 PM
Who's the dirty calf whore now, huh!?? Two calf exercises.... pshh. :D

-TIM-
04-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Hill - I'm looking to put on mass. I usually stay pretty lean, so I've never claimed to be on a bulk. If that makes sense :)

Anthony - I only started this one because the last journal was for the 3 day full body workouts, which I'm not going to do right now. I'll keep it all here for now on though...all 3 workouts a month.

Coke - I knew it wouldn't be long until you graced my journal with your presence. Good to have you stop in. And if you're counting, that's 2 workouts this week. I'm well ahead of my average :D

-TIM-
04-20-2006, 12:13 PM
Who's the dirty calf whore now, huh!?? Two calf exercises.... pshh. :DWhat more do you want from me!?!? At least I did 10 sets. That ain't too shabby sucka. :cool:

getfit
04-20-2006, 12:52 PM
ahhhhhhh new journal, good to see you back Tim

-TIM-
04-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Thanks GF. I feel like I'm starting to kick this anti-lifting funk I've been in recently. I even ate a healthy lunch :D

TTT
04-20-2006, 02:41 PM
It was precisely because you did so many sets that I called you that. :)

-TIM-
04-20-2006, 08:15 PM
It was precisely because you did so many sets that I called you that. :)I'm not as bright as I used to be. :help:

-TIM-
04-24-2006, 01:37 PM
Sarah and I had our engagement party on Saturday, which meant about 20+ of our good friends were all together for the weekend. Half of which live a few hours away. It was a hell of a good time. My best man and I put in a round of golf before meeting up with everybody for a cook out. After that we had a party bus pick us up at 8:00 p.m. which took us bar hopping until a little after 2:00 p.m. We relaxed most of Sunday, and had a few really nice meals before the last of the group headed home.

My calves were still pretty stiff from Wednesday's workout, so I went for a very light jog Sunday evening to try and loosen them up. It wasn't painful, but they're definitely tight. My left one is still sore today, and it's 5 days after my workout so I may have overdone it. I don't think it will get in the way of doing deads though, so no big deal.

Vita
04-25-2006, 02:08 PM
glad to see you back to it :spam:

just got going again myself, and i remembered you were doing 5x5. read through your last journal, looks like it did you well. hope to see some good progress out of you!

-TIM-
04-26-2006, 06:47 PM
Thanks Vita. I did pretty well for a little bit, made some progress, but slowed way down. Hopefully I can build up some momentum now that life has slowed down a bit.

4/26/2006

BACK & TRAPS

Seated Rows
100 x 8 - warm up
120 x 5 x 5

C.G. Pulldowns
120 x 5 x 5

T-Bar Rows
90 x 5 x 5 - Felt kind of light

BB Shrugs
135 x 5 x 5

--------------

Workout felt pretty good. I'm still having a lot of issues with my right knee, so I passed on deads. Even t-bar rows were causing some pain, trying to support my body and the weight being bent over. Sarah keeps bugging me to get it checked out, but we can't afford it right now. I'm thinking surgery will have to happen down the road. I had a spell recently where it hurt to even walk on for nearly a week. I can feel most of the pain under my patella and in the back of my knee. I hope that's not a bad thing.

TTT
04-26-2006, 09:07 PM
Good luck with your knee, that's not too cool.
Good to see another workout too.
And congrats on the engagement!

Coke
04-27-2006, 06:03 AM
Why wasn't I invited to the engagement party, thought we was cool TIM, lol - :D ...just messing with U - Congrats!

Hope the knee will be ok and not a issue soon here, good to see the back/traps workout - nice way to work around the pain bro.

getfit
04-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Sarah and I had our engagement party on Saturday, which meant about 20+ of our good friends were all together for the weekend. Half of which live a few hours away. It was a hell of a good time. My best man and I put in a round of golf before meeting up with everybody for a cook out. After that we had a party bus pick us up at 8:00 p.m. which took us bar hopping until a little after 2:00 p.m. We relaxed most of Sunday, and had a few really nice meals before the last of the group headed home.

My calves were still pretty stiff from Wednesday's workout, so I went for a very light jog Sunday evening to try and loosen them up. It wasn't painful, but they're definitely tight. My left one is still sore today, and it's 5 days after my workout so I may have overdone it. I don't think it will get in the way of doing deads though, so no big deal.
that's great Tim, it's always such a great feeling to meet someone suited to you, good luck with everything

Vita
04-27-2006, 02:56 PM
made some progress, but slowed way down.

do you feel the progress was slower due to less frequent sessions (i.e., hectic life), or that the routine wasn't quite suited to you?

i just wonder because i'm in the middle of starting mine (3 weeks off), and have only seen good results. if you felt it was the program, what are your thoughts in that regard?

PS - congrats on the engagement. life's going to stay hectic until a few weeks after, at least it did for us! (also, if you're in WI, my wife does flowers and invites, etc.)

Canadian Crippler
04-27-2006, 03:13 PM
I'm going to guess gains usually slow down a bit around the time you get engaged, lol.

-TIM-
04-27-2006, 03:58 PM
GF - Thanks. Although you need to be wishing Sarah good luck. Afterall, she has to put up with me. That's not an easy task. :p

Crippy - That they do. Things are slowing down and I have a little more time, so I have no excuses at this point. I want to look jacked for the wedding too. :cool:

Vita - I would have continued to progress with the full body 5 x 5...if I had any motivation. One thing I noticed was that my legs were starting to grow after the first few weeks, which was awesome. Squatting 3 times a week will do that for a person. The program itself is solid, and I would recommend it to anybody who has been lifting for a little while.

I on the other hand am straying from this for 2 reasons. One is, my knee can't put up with squatting, or performing any other leg exercise, 3 times a week. But the biggest reason is that I've lacked motivation and haven't been consistant for a good 2 years now. I've lost 10-15 lbs of lean mass, and I need to get back to that place I used to love being. So I dusted off my old paper journals, and am going to use most of a routine I did when I lived for working out. I want to get that drive back.

The only difference I'm making to the old routine is to add the 5 x 5 set/rep structure. The old layout had me doing 10-12 reps during the first stages, then around 8 reps for the power stages.

I hope this will bring back the mental focus and help me make some changes for the better.

-TIM-
04-27-2006, 09:13 PM
4/27/2006 - WEIGHT 186

SHOULDERS & ARMS

Military Press
75 x 5 x 5

Rear Lateral Raise
15 x 5 x 5

Upright Rows
75 x 5 x 5

BB Curls
75 x 5 x 5

Skull Crushers
55 x 5 x 5
Super Set W/C.G. Bench
55 x 5 x 5

---------------

This is the first direct arm workout I've done in months. It felt kind of good. I wasn't sure where my weights would be, but I seemed to pick them right. Military press could probably go up 10 lbs or so. This is also the first time I've done a workout two days in a row. Look at me go!

Coke
04-28-2006, 05:40 AM
Solid stuff man, on a roll and back in charge with the 5 x 5.

Vita
04-28-2006, 07:25 AM
perfect example of why to hang onto the old hand written journals!

good to see someone re-gain motivation. it's inspiring. keep it up!

HILL
04-28-2006, 07:30 AM
workouts lookin good

-TIM-
04-28-2006, 08:55 AM
Coke - Thanks man. Gotta keep rolling and build up the momentum.

Vita - I didn't even realize I had my old journals until a week ago. I was cleaning out a bookcase when I stumbled onto them. I'm glad I did. I flipped throught the pages and found the entries where I was just shy of 200 lbs. That really makes me want to get my butt in gear.

Hill - Thanks. I think this is going to work out nicely.

Clifford Gillmore
04-28-2006, 08:57 AM
Nice solid sessions Mr. Nissen, and a new j-nal!

-TIM-
04-30-2006, 09:07 PM
4/30/2006

THIGHS & HAMSTRINGS

Stationary Bike
5 minutes @ 12 mph

Leg Press - WU
1PPS x 10

Squats *
45 x 8
135 x 5 x 5

Leg Press
3PPS x 5 x 5

SLDL
135 x 5 x 5

Leg Curls
70 x 5
90 x 4 x 5

*This is roughly 40 lbs lighter than where I'm at for squats.

I'm doing my best not to push it too much on my right knee. I could feel it starting to give a little during my 2nd set. I talked to the trainer, whom I used to work with, and he suggested opening up my stance wider than shoulder width. He said it would transfer some of the stress from my knees to my hips. I gave it a try and it seemed to work. It greatly reduced the stress I was experiencing during squats. It's not that it's overly painful when I squat, it's that my knee doesn't feel solid, almost like it's going to give out. Hopefully this will allow me to start adding more weight in the next few sessions. I also iced both knees after I was done. Next workout is tomorrow night.

This weekend was a lot more active than usual. I had one of my best men in town along with his fiance, who's currently in Pittsburg attending grad school. We went out Friday night for dinner with another couple and ended up closing down the bars before crashing back at my place. Then I went to a wedding reception Saturday night. I planned on having a quick drink and leaving around 8 p.m. since I hit it hard the night before. Sarah and I left around then, but got a call from some friends who were out shooting pool. My pool league starts up again in 2 weeks and I've been itching to practice. We decided to meet up and get in a few games. A few games turned into a few hours. I ended by running my last 8 games in 2 or less turns. After that we all walked to a neighboring bar and closed that down. It was 2 a.m. but everybody wanted to stay out so we heading out to the Lumber Yard. We got in free since one of my friends did some repair work earlier in the week on their doors. It turns out the neighbor that lives underneath our apartment is a stripper there. She gives one hell of a lap dance too :). Sarah and I didn't get to bed until 5:30 in the morning. So much for going home at 8 p.m. It was a great weekend though.

Coke
05-01-2006, 04:53 AM
The neighbor stripper chick may be a little too close for Sarah - :D ...j/k, I know she's the only one - :thumbup:

Sensei
05-01-2006, 06:25 AM
perfect example of why to hang onto the old hand written journals!Not to mention that sometimes online journals get deleted or corrupted - It's happened to me!

Tim,
Congratulations! When the big day?

-TIM-
05-01-2006, 08:16 AM
Risk - Thanks, I'm turning up the he4t!

CoCoa - Haha, Sarah bought me the dance :thumbup:

Sensei - That sucks about the journal. The big day is November 4th of this year. It will be here before I know it. I'm going to be busting out of my tux too. :D

getfit
05-01-2006, 09:07 AM
still doing well Tim, wow neighbor stripper ;) that should be fun.Sounds like your having fun :)

Vita
05-01-2006, 09:12 AM
keep it up! you'll be feeling awesome wearing that tux, espeically if you get closer to where you "loved being" by that time. plenty of time to get there too.

stripper neighbors are always good, espeically if your wife pays for the lap dance!

-TIM-
05-01-2006, 08:59 PM
5/1/2006

CHEST & CALVES

Incline Bench
45 x 10
95 x 8
135 x 5 x 5

DB Press
45 x 5 x 5

Seated Calf Raise
95 x 5 x 5

Sled Calf Raise
180 x 10 x 5

Comments
None really. Just another good workout.

Feedback
GF - Yeah, stripper neighbor. Maybe we'll have her over for a cup of tea :D

Vita - If I play my cards right, I'll get fitted for the tux, then have it be too tight for the wedding cuz I'll have gotten so damn big. Ahh, a guy can dream.

KevinStarke
05-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Strong workout man nice pressing.

-TIM-
05-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Thanks Kevin. I do what I can. It's pretty damn light, but it's effective.

TTT
05-01-2006, 09:25 PM
Good calf raises, DCW. :D

Is there any chance you're growing again? I remember all through highschool (and slightly before), my knees were totally ****ed. They used to kind of feel like they were going to give out on me (exactly as you described). It stopped roughly when I stopped growing.

Coke
05-02-2006, 05:26 AM
Another fine job indeed, nice work on the bench and with calf raises dude.

-TIM-
05-02-2006, 11:29 AM
3T - I'm certain I'm done growing by now. I credit my knee and most joint problems to about 5-6 years of skateboarding. My right knee has been bothering me even worse due to a football injury I had about 4 months ago.

CoCoa - Thanks bro! :thumbup:

Progress
05-03-2006, 09:01 AM
Nice work! It's tough to work around an injury, I know.

ericg
05-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Nice to see you around here again bro! Nice sessions.

kad
05-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Nice sessions in here man. Sucks about the knee injury, you'll pull through it though.

-TIM-
05-03-2006, 06:17 PM
5/3/2006

BACK & TRAPS

Seated Rows
100 x 8 - warm up
120 x 5 x 5

C.G. Pulldowns
120 x 5
130 x 5 x 4

T-Bar Rows
90 x 5 x 5

BB Shrugs
135 x 8 x 5

Comments
C.G. Pulldowns were light, so I bumped them up 10 lbs. I think t-bar rows need to be increased too. I'll throw on another 25 lbs for next session and see how it goes. I also did 8 reps per set for shrugs. 5 reps per doesn't seem to cut it. I could even go up to 10 or 12. I'll play around with it over the next few sessions.

Feedback
Eric - Thanks man. It feels good to be working out again. I'm building up some momentum, and this is my 5th straight workout that I've done as scheduled. I'm following it to a "T", and I'm getting really focused.

Progress & Jordan - Thanks guys. I think my knees will be fine as long as I don't push myself beyond what my body is telling me. That and some extra stretching and ice should help the sumbitches out.

Guido
05-03-2006, 09:45 PM
Stripper neighbor... Now would be a good time to start mowing the lawn with your shirt off. Just a suggestion. ;)

HILL
05-04-2006, 02:49 AM
workouts looking good will you go upto 10 or 12 reps do you think or stick to were you are and go heavier??

Coke
05-04-2006, 06:08 AM
Stripper neighbor... Now would be a good time to start mowing the lawn with your shirt off. Just a suggestion. ;)

Now that is not a bad idea, lol...neither is it a bad idea to be bumping the weights up Tim - :)

-TIM-
05-04-2006, 11:03 AM
Stripper neighbor... Now would be a good time to start mowing the lawn with your shirt off. Just a suggestion. ;)I'm sorry. Did you say to mow "her" lawn, or "the" lawn without my shirt? :evillaugh

Hill - I'm going to increase the reps instead of weight. I seem to respond better to higher rep ranges on exercises that have a shorter ROM. Same deal with calves.

CoCoa - Bumping up the weight is always a good thing. I think I'd better stear clear of the neighbor though. :nod:

JustinASU
05-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Hey Timmay --congrats on the engagement. I got married last year and it was the best decision I ever made. Good luck with everything. BTW your workouts seem to be coming together nicely. Keep it up, bro!

-TIM-
05-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Thanks Justin. I'm looking forward to the big day. It's going to be here before I know it.

getfit
05-04-2006, 11:39 AM
I'm sorry. Did you say to mow "her" lawn, or "the" lawn without my shirt?

THIS WAS PRICELESS :D

-TIM-
05-05-2006, 02:26 PM
I'm sorry. Did you say to mow "her" lawn, or "the" lawn without my shirt?

THIS WAS PRICELESS :D:angel:

Sooo I didn't lift last night, but I planned on moving that session to tonight, so I'm still on schedule. Sarah had to work late, which meant I was home alone with Jr. and couldn't get away to the gym. We hit up the coloring books instead, and I did a hell of a job staying inside the lines. He was not as fortunate. That's a 15 month old for you.

We're going to the gym right after I get off work today, which is in 2 hours. Sarah has been doing really well lately and she's starting to make some noticable gains. I told her we would put together a simple workout so she can track her progress. I guess I'm not sure what to have her do though. I'm looking for something not too complex to start. Just something to get her in a groove. A female co-worker of hers (:drooling:) suggested a 2 day split, upper and lower body, mixed in with a few cardio sessions. I figure this would be pretty easy to follow for starters. Any suggestions on exercise selection would be appreciated. Or if you think upper/lower is a bad idea, we can scrap it.

-TIM-
05-05-2006, 06:44 PM
5/5/2006

SHOULDERS & ARMS

Military Press *
75 x 5 x 5

Reverse Cable Fly *
10 x 8 x 3

Upright Rows
75 x 5 x 5

BB Curls
75 x 5 x 5

Skull Crushers
55 x 5 x 5
Super Set W/C.G. Bench
55 x 5 x 5

Comments
* I was going to move up to 85 lbs this time, but I loaded up the plates wrong and did 75 lbs. I'm an arse.

* I wasn't feeling anything from rear lateral raises, so I tried a reverse cable fly for the first time. They felt awesome and I was able to target my posterior delt a lot better.

Feedback
Looks like none to give. Where's the support you biznatches?

getfit
05-05-2006, 07:45 PM
:ninja: there's your support tim hehe :)

getfit
05-05-2006, 07:47 PM
tim, why upright rows?

getfit
05-05-2006, 07:49 PM
i'm just not a big fan of them, i stick to standing millies

-TIM-
05-05-2006, 09:37 PM
tim, why upright rows?For me, they hit the lateral head better than anything else. I'm not a big fan of standing millies.

I do one exercise for each of the deltoid heads when I'm using a body building routine. Millies for anterior head, upright rows for lateral, and some sort of row or reverse fly action for posterior. Us tall guys spend a lot of time on shoulders so we can broaden up.

Coke
05-06-2006, 05:51 AM
Upright rows throws some traps in there too depending on how you do them...ain't no end to the support TIM - ;)

-TIM-
05-06-2006, 07:05 AM
Yeah they do. But I can always use extra attention to my traps, so it's good all around.

Is there another exercise you would would recommend though? I've been under the impressions upright rows were primarily for shoulders.

Coke
05-06-2006, 07:32 AM
The primary exercises for delts are bb and db presses, db laterals and bent over db laterals - upright rows are cool.

Traps get hit during upright rowing if done a certain way, but bb and db shrugs are more direct.

-TIM-
05-06-2006, 07:39 AM
I do like db laterals. Do you think that would be a better exercise selection for targeting the lateral head? What about a front raises? Those are for the lateral head as well, right?

Coke
05-06-2006, 08:36 AM
I do like db laterals. Do you think that would be a better exercise selection for targeting the lateral head? What about a front raises? Those are for the lateral head as well, right?

Yes, I forgot about the front raises...all lateral raises are good for the front, side, or rear delts.

The lateral side raises are used a lot to accentuate or give the appearance of width.

-TIM-
05-09-2006, 07:57 AM
No workout last night. I felt like ****. I had a pounding headache and I've had something in my lower back that feels pinched. I could barely bend over the sink to brush my teeth yesterday. It's been this way since Sunday. I'm going to work out tonight and whether or not I do legs depends on how my lower back is feeling.

HILL
05-09-2006, 08:26 AM
sorry to hear about the back TIM i know how annoying it is if its that bad maybe a few days rest would be the best idea

-TIM-
05-09-2006, 12:43 PM
I can feel that it's a bit tender, but I should be good for at least a light workout tonight. I can't be that big of a pussy. :D

getfit
05-09-2006, 12:45 PM
owie the back!

squats will hurt Tim maybe some unweighted lunges and leg extensions and stuff

-TIM-
05-09-2006, 12:51 PM
That's kind of what I was thinking GF. I know the soreness is nothing serious, but it won't heal if I don't give my back a chance to rest. I was thinking some extensions and leg curls, then an abbreviated chest/calf session. That would get me back up to speed.

f=ma
05-09-2006, 01:25 PM
damn man hope the back is feeling better. good effort on the shoulders a couple days back

-TIM-
05-09-2006, 08:15 PM
5/9/2006

Legs & Chest

Leg Curls
70 x 8 - WU
90 x 5 x 3

Leg Press
2pps x 5 x 5

Incline Bench *
45 x 8
95 x 8
135 x 5 x 5

DB Press *
45 x 5 x 5

Comments
* Bump up to 140 lbs next session.
* Bump up to 50 lbs next session.

I combined my leg and chest workouts tonight since I wasn't in good enough shape to hit legs last night. I did what my back would allow for hammies and quads, then hit my regular chest session. I also dropped calves to cut time. I wasn't up for a marathon workout and I needed to get home to the fam.

Feedback
f=ma - It will work itself out. I probably wouldn't be going through this right now if I would have been regular and didn't slack on deads the last few months. The lower back issues always creep up when the lower back work goes down. I'll be good though.

Miscellaneous Sh*t
Sarah surprised me this afternoon by booking a 5 day honeymoon cruise in the Caribbean. We didn't think we were going to have the extra money to go anywhere special, but she had enough money left over from her last student loan check to swing it. Needless to say, I'm pumped. Even more reason to get in shape. Gonna be walking around in my trunks for a freakin week! And yes, it's all inclusive. Bring on the food and beer!

kad
05-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Sucks about the back dude, hope it gets better soon. Don't go hurting it anymore! Have fun on that cruise too, I'm going on one with my family in June. :)

-TIM-
05-09-2006, 10:08 PM
I've had issues with my back since being a teenager. At this point, I'm pretty comfortable knowing how serious the soreness is, and how far I can push it in the gym. I should be near 100% by the end of the week. I'll go easy on it until then.

I've never been on a cruise, but Sarah has been on 3 with her family. I know she had her heart set on taking me on one, so this should be extra special. I couldn't think of a better way to spend the honeymoon. Sure beats staying at home and chillin' in the Midwest.

Coke
05-10-2006, 06:11 AM
You lovebirds will have the time of your lives on the honeymoon cruise - ;) ...sounds too good to be true.

Progress
05-10-2006, 07:00 AM
Nice work on the incline bench!

Oh and, what's wrong with the Midwest!? :mad: :D Have fun on the cruise! :)

ericg
05-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Nice work bro. When are you going on the cruise?

-TIM-
05-10-2006, 10:17 PM
CoCoa - It is man. Things just keep getting better.

Progress - Thanks. Nothing's wrong with the Midwest. It's just too hard to get a cruise ship up the Mississippi.

Eric - The wedding is November 4th of this year. I'll be tied down before you know it. If you listen closely, you can already hear the whip cracking.

-TIM-
05-11-2006, 08:30 AM
I'm home from work today. Daycare called and Jay threw up 3 times and has the flu. The poor guy fell asleep in the car and has been out since then. Right now he's in my bed all covered up in his footy pj's. So damn cute. Hopefully I can get a workout in tonight. It's a longshot, but I'll try.

-IRON MAN-
05-11-2006, 08:53 AM
Workouts are looking solid man! Nice work. :)

-TIM-
05-12-2006, 06:39 PM
5/12/2006

BACK & TRAPS

Seated Rows
100 x 8 - warm up
120 x 5 x 5

C.G. Pulldowns
130 x 5 x 5

T-Bar Rows
115 x 5 x 5

BB Shrugs
135 x 8 x 5

Comments
Blew the back up today. I focused on slowing down my reps and keeping good form.

Feedback
-I M- Thanks bro. Things are shaping up nicely. :thumbup:

-TIM-
05-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Just tore up the Metro Buffet after my workout. I swear going to an all you can eat buffet is like going to the state fair. Bunch of gross, weird ass people. I saw one lady touching all the eggrolls to find one that was hot. Thanks bitch. Then some guy, and by guy I mean grown adult, was picking his nose while in line for the fried goods. C'mon people. Oh well, I'm stuffed.

I didn't even mention in my workout tonight that my back felt pretty solid. I still choose to pass on deads. Although I do plan on adding them next back session. Sarah is doing really well with her workouts. Her form on deadlifts is absolutely perfect. I'm trying to encourage her to start some sort of journal, whether it's online or just in a notebook. I think she would get excited to see her progress. I know she's been making some gains, but it might keep her motivation rolling to see it written down.

getfit
05-12-2006, 08:16 PM
nice work Tim and nice eating :D

i need to get myself to a buffet i miss them!

HILL
05-13-2006, 03:27 AM
workout looks good and all you can eat buffets are the same in the uk as well mate. The one near us i swear some people have life time memberships

-TIM-
05-13-2006, 12:42 PM
5/13/2006

SHOULDERS & ARMS

H.S. Military Press *
90 x 8
140 x 5
90 x 5 x 3

Reverse Cable Fly
10 x 8 x 5

DB Front Raises *
15 x 5 x 5

BB Curls
75 x 5 x 5

Skull Crushers *
55 x 5 x 5
Super Set W/C.G. Bench
55 x 5 x 5

Comments
* Both areas I usually do military press were tied up, so I used the hammer strength machine instead

* I subbed in a db front raise for upright rows. It seemed to be a better fit after recent discussion with GF and CoCoa

* Bumb up 5 lbs next session.

Feedback
GF - Thank you. I'm doing my best to shovel in the grub and put on some weight.

Hill - Those buffets make me wonder sometimes. I'm just glad I got my eggroll before that woman put her mitts on all the others.

-IRON MAN-
05-14-2006, 10:04 AM
Nice workouts man, I love supersetting skulls and CG bench, too. :)

Coke
05-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Fine sessions Tim...good back/traps training as well as the shoulders and arms work. Nice plan to bump them skulls.

Clifford Gillmore
05-15-2006, 04:28 AM
Ace SS, and session all round for that matter :)

-TIM-
05-15-2006, 06:23 PM
5/15/2006

THIGHS & HAMSTRINGS

Stationary Bike
5 minutes @ 14 mph

Leg Curls - WU
85 x 8

Squats *
45 x 8
155 x 5 x 5

Leg Press
3PPS x 5 x 5

SLDL
135 x 5 x 5

H.S. Leg Curls *
80 x 5 x 5

Comments
* Was feeling light so I bumped it up 20 lbs.
* Tried a different piece of equipment (hammer strength) for leg curls and I liked this one a lot better. The weight dropped 10 lbs though. No big deal.

Feedback
-IRON MAN- Thanks man. Skulls/CG Bench is the ****.

CoCoa - The only way is up bro.

Risk - Good to see your ass back in here. Thanks for the props.

HILL
05-16-2006, 03:17 AM
workout looks good man you seem to be upping weight almost every session

getfit
05-16-2006, 03:27 AM
how did the squat feel Tim? back ok?

Coke
05-16-2006, 06:10 AM
CoCoa - The only way is up bro.

You know that's right, so stay on it man...gonna rise this month.

-TIM-
05-16-2006, 07:29 AM
how did the squat feel Tim? back ok?Squats were great and the back is doing pretty well. I have to be careful on the leg press because it puts a little strain on my lower back when my knees get close to my chest. I could easily do 4pps, but I don't want to over do it. But I am planning on doing some light deadlifts during my next back session.

Hill - Well I've been lifting regularly the last 3-4 weeks now, so I'm finally in a groove and making improvements each week. No looking back now.

CoCoa - I'm all over it :thumbup:

kad
05-16-2006, 07:31 AM
Good work with the supersetting and the squats man, keep at it :)

KevinStarke
05-16-2006, 07:47 AM
Great squats man, stayin strong.

Eszekial
05-16-2006, 09:19 AM
Keep it up! (the weight, i mean)

Progress
05-16-2006, 09:26 AM
Nice leg workout! Keep it up!

-TIM-
05-16-2006, 11:29 AM
Jordan - Kevin - Eszekial - Progress - Thanks guys.

My legs are absolutely shot. I really hit them good last night. I can't recall the last time my ass has been this sore (opens self up for gay joke). My hamstrings seem to feel it more than my quads do, but that seems to be normal. I should be able to get into the gym tonight for chest/calves since Sarah is home and can stay with Jay when he crashes. I really need to be getting more food down the hatch, as I'm hungry right now and that ain't good. Off to get lunch though.

-TIM-
05-16-2006, 09:20 PM
5/16/2006

CHEST & CALVES

Incline Bench
45 x 8
95 x 8
140 x 5 x 5 +5 lbs

DB Press
50 x 5 x 5 +5 lbs

Seated Calf Raise
95 x 5 x 5

Sled Calf Raise
180 x 10 x 5

Comments
Solid session. Weight for chest exercises went up 5 lbs. and felt great.

Weight
188 lbs + 2 lbs

Feedback
None

Coke
05-17-2006, 05:42 AM
Damn bro, look at you moving on up according to plan - :thumbup: ...This is nice!!

ericg
05-17-2006, 06:48 AM
Keep up the consistency bro.

-TIM-
05-17-2006, 09:36 AM
CoCoa - I have a feeling the weights are going to start increasing a little bit every session now.

Eric - Consistency is the key my man. See, I told you I was going to get my butt in gear. No looking back now.

Eszekial
05-17-2006, 10:16 AM
+2 lbs of mass?

Oh man, that's got to be encouraging!

Success breeds success. Be safe and keep on rocking!

f=ma
05-17-2006, 12:41 PM
nice work bro, moving right along on the bench

-TIM-
05-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Eszekial - Any weight gain is cause for celebration. I hope to be at 200 lbs. by Nov 4th. That's the day I'm getting hitched. I think 2 lbs. a month is more than reasonable. I'll probably throw a party when I hit it. You're all invited.

f=ma - Thanks man. I think I had my incline bench 5x5 up to 150 a few months ago, so I should be adding another 10 lbs. in the next few weeks.

Tonight
No workout for tonight, even though this is the scheduled day. I'm heading to the hospital in Iowa City to see Sarah's sister. She had a boob job done today and she's staying over night for observation. Oh and, it's a reduction. Her sister has, or should I say had, some huge knockers.

ericg
05-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Nice. I expect pics by Monday. Not of you either...

-TIM-
05-19-2006, 08:59 AM
Sorry, no pics. I guess they took 1 lb. from each side. Yikes! I should have had them save the tissue and inject in into my arms. Then I would have some guns.

On another note. I'm home sick from work today. Feels like food poisoning as my stomach is so cramped that I'm literally doubled over if I try to stand. This sucks. Probably no workout until tomorrow.

Eszekial
05-19-2006, 10:11 AM
Tonight
No workout for tonight, even though this is the scheduled day. I'm heading to the hospital in Iowa City to see Sarah's sister. She had a boob job done today and she's staying over night for observation. Oh and, it's a reduction. Her sister has, or should I say had, some huge knockers.

This is indeed a tragic turn of events indeed.....

-TIM-
05-20-2006, 03:00 PM
5/20/2006

BACK & TRAPS

Seated Rows
100 x 8 - warm up
120 x 5 x 5

C.G. Pulldowns
130 x 5 x 5

T-Bar Rows
None

Rack Pulls *
45 x 8
135 x 5
225 x 5

BB Shrugs
None

Comments
* Tried rack pulls for the first time, but didn't care much for them.

This was about all I could muster up. I still feel sick from yesterday. I thought it was food poisoning, but now I'm sure it was a touch of the flu. Jay had it last week, so it would make sense. I had body aches like you wouldn't believe. I haven't eaten a full meal since Thursday either, so my energy was down and the workout above was all I could muster up. Actually I wouldn't have even gone today but Sarah was going, so I figured I'd tag along and see what I could crank out.

Feedback
Esekial - I always seem to get sick just when I've built up some momentum, but I'm not going to let it slow me down this time.

Coke
05-22-2006, 05:02 AM
This is really a prime time to be catching stuff imo but don't slow down for nothing Tim...nice try on them racks.

ericg
05-22-2006, 09:14 AM
It must be the WBB flu going around. I had something for a few weeks and it drained me. How are you feeling today?

f=ma
05-22-2006, 10:00 AM
solid rack pulls bro

maybe they will grow on you? theyre a solid exercise

-TIM-
05-22-2006, 01:05 PM
CoCoa - Nothings going to stop me now. I'm making too much progress and having a lot of fun doing it.

Eric - I feel a lot better today. I finally ate a big meal last night, and I was able to eat breakfast and have a filling lunch today. Hopefully I'll have some energy for tonight's workout.

f=ma - Maybe I'll give them another shot. I just didn't want to do deads because of how zapped I was for energy. I figured rack pulls would offer similar benefits with less fatigue to follow. And I usually go light when figuring out a new exercise. I'll have to read up on them though to make sure I was doing them correctly. If I wasn't, then that may be why I didn't like them very well.

getfit
05-22-2006, 01:14 PM
OH NO TIM! i'm just getting over my 9 days of sickness, went to the gym today did some light work, i still feel kinda weak.Hope you get better soon, i know it sucks :(

Patz
05-22-2006, 01:22 PM
This is indeed a tragic turn of events indeed.....

Yes. Quite. LOL.

:(

-TIM-
05-22-2006, 01:34 PM
GF - I'm much better now, thank you. I just get screwed if I go a day without being able to eat a lot. Fast metabolism and I barely eat enough as it is due to a lack of cash flow. Lots of PB and olive oil should do the trick. :D

Pat - Good to see a new face in journal land. How's the cut coming along?

-TIM-
05-22-2006, 10:04 PM
5/22/2006

SHOULDERS & ARMS

Military Press +10 lbs.
85 x 5 x 5

Reverse Cable Fly
10 x 8 x 5

BB Curls *
75 x 5 x 3
80 x 5 x 2

Hammer Curls *
30 x 5 x 2

Skull Crushers +5 lbs.
60 x 5 x 5
Super Set W/C.G. Bench +5 lbs.
60 x 5 x 5

Comments
* Felt a little light so I bumped the last 2 sets up 5 lbs.

* Added these just for ****s and giggles. Felt like I needed a little extra for bi's.

Feedback
Already taken care of.

I stepped on the scale in only my shorts and I didn't lose any weight after being sick and not eating anything for 2 days. That was a relief. I went to the store and got some natty pb and a giant jar of olive oil for some added calories and fat. Mmmm OIL! I really need to make an ALN order.

ericg
05-23-2006, 06:19 AM
Good workout bro. Gotta love PB n Oil

Coke
05-23-2006, 06:30 AM
That is sweet, maintained weight while being under the weather...going for the gusto now, workout is nice dude.

-TIM-
05-23-2006, 09:03 AM
Eric - Thanks. I have to pay rent this week and I may place an ALN order if I have enough scratch left over.

CoCoa - It is sweet. :D I actually got on the scale Saturday (sick on Friday) and it said I dropped 4-5 lbs. But I weighed myself yesterday and it was all back in my system. I'm sure it was just an empty stomach and a lot of water loss when I weighed myself before. I'm eating like a mad man now though. Bottoms up!

Eszekial
05-23-2006, 11:20 AM
Good to hear you recovered well Tim!

Guido
05-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Yep. Indeed it was a good recovery indeed. :D

-TIM-
05-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Eszekial - Thanks man, I'm feeling 100% now.

Guido - Haha, you smart ass. :D

f=ma
05-24-2006, 10:37 AM
way to hold strong despite being sick

keep it up bro

-TIM-
06-02-2006, 07:19 PM
6/2/2006

Did some sorry excuse for a workout tonight that's not even worth posting.

-TIM-
06-05-2006, 08:02 PM
6/5/2006

CHEST & CALVES

Incline Bench
45 x 8
95 x 8
140 x 5 x 5

DB Press
50 x 5 x 2
45 x 5 x 1

Cable Flys
30 x 5
30 x 8

Seated Calf Raise
95 x 5 x 5

Sled Calf Raise
180 x 10 x 5

Comments
I felt a little pain in my left shoulder during inclines, and it really flared up during DB presses. I tried lowering the weight but it didn't really help. I stopped a few sets short and added a few light cable flys. Those felt fine, and it allowed me to keep the volume up.

Feedback
None

WBBIRL
06-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Strong workouts lately,

and did I read correctly at the top of the page??? Breast reductions should be a sin, outlawed and punishable by death.

Patz
06-05-2006, 09:54 PM
I'm steering away from barbells for just that reason. My shoulders HATE barbell..

Coke
06-06-2006, 07:31 AM
Everyone is so different - a few guys at my gym absolutely hate bb inclines, they think it trashes their shoulders. It think the majority of the problem starts with not getting proper liftoffs and spot, mainly on the flat bench.

Good effort Tim, just keep staying on track.

f=ma
06-06-2006, 09:09 AM
nice work bro

keeping your elbows tucked to your sides on bench helps for some with the shoulder problems

getfit
06-06-2006, 09:39 AM
nice work Tim, things are going well?

-TIM-
06-06-2006, 02:31 PM
WBBIRL - You heard me right, breast reduction. But it was needed. She's such a small girl and the big hoots were giving her back problems that she's been dealing with for a few years now.

Elwood - I definitely stay away from flat bench. Those really kill my r-cuff. Oddly enough inclines generally don't hurt. Which makes less sense since your shoulders are more involved. I guess it comes down to the angle and the way it pulls on the joint.

Coke - Don't think I'm off track because I took a week and a half off. Did some much needed socializing, nothing more. :thumbup:

f=ma - I know what you're saying. My arms keep an acute angle to my body when I press. It definitely helps relieve the stress.

GF - Yes, things are going well. I missed a few days in a row right before the Memorial Day weekend, and then I partied for 3 days straight. That took a few more days of recovery, which is the reason for the unusually long break. But all is well and I'm not going anywhere.

-TIM-
06-10-2006, 05:57 PM
6/10/2006

BACK & TRAPS

Seated Rows *
100 x 8 - warm up
120 x 5 x 5

C.G. Pulldowns
130 x 5 x 5

T-Bar Rows
115 x 5 x 2
90 x 5 x 3

BB Shrugs
135 x 8 x 5

Comments
* Increase 10 lbs. next session

Feedback
None

Coke
06-12-2006, 07:36 AM
Taking care of business in here bro with some good and thorough back & traps training.

HILL
06-12-2006, 08:06 AM
sometimes a bit of time off is what is needed. workout looks solid

-TIM-
06-12-2006, 08:19 PM
6/12/2006

SHOULDERS & ARMS

H.S. Military Press
90 x 5 x 5

Reverse Cable Fly
10 x 8 x 5

BB Curls
80 x 5 x 5

Skull Crushers
60 x 5 x 5
Super Set W/C.G. Bench
60 x 5 x 5

Comments
None

Feedback
Coke - Thanks man. I'm working it out.

Hill - I would say it was too much partying and laziness over taking a scheduled break. Stupid Memorial Day weekend. :alcoholic

HILL
06-13-2006, 03:05 AM
Nothing wrong with that either this takes over alot of out lives to a point but we are only human :)

Coke
06-13-2006, 06:00 AM
Running things again in here Timmy with the 5 x 5 - :thumbup:

-TIM-
06-13-2006, 08:51 AM
The 5x5 is my bitch lover Coke. :thumbup:

getfit
06-13-2006, 08:56 AM
The 5x5 is my bitch lover Coke. :thumbup:
this is awesome :D

Eszekial
06-13-2006, 09:01 AM
Current photos need to be made current!

-TIM-
06-13-2006, 03:34 PM
I doubt I look much different than the ones in my sig. Eszekial. I will probably take updated photos in the fall before the wedding. I hope to be pushing 200 lbs at 10% by then. It's definitely within reason, just depends on how well I hold myself to it.

Goodwinm
06-13-2006, 03:53 PM
just been lookin over ur last few workouts. Some consitant stuff goin on here and glad to see the mil presses getting higher. I wanna see you hit 100 soon man! and a BW mil press soon enough!.

Keep it up maN!!

-TIM-
06-13-2006, 10:00 PM
You're clearly a whore for the military press. That's okay though. I need more sluts in here since Anthony doesn't drop by anymore.

Goodwinm
06-14-2006, 01:32 AM
You're clearly a whore for the military press. That's okay though. I need more sluts in here since Anthony doesn't drop by anymore.
Just cuz I posted a pic of you in Coke's journal dont meen u get to call me a slut !

-TIM-
06-20-2006, 08:47 PM
6/20/2006

Squats
45 x 10
45 x 10
95 x 8
95 x 8
135 x 8
175 x 6
205 x 3
225 x 1

I haven't been feeling really good about my leg workouts, so I decided to focus on squats tonight and do some heavier sets than I have been with the 5 x 5. It felt pretty good, and my legs are nice and exhausted. I could only muster up a 225 x 1 set on the end as my blood sugar hit rock bottom and it was all I could do to stand up in between sets. I did my best to push through it, and that's how I came out. I feel pretty good about the session. I'm going to start getting deads worked back into my back routine as well.

Goodwinm
06-21-2006, 04:04 AM
6/20/2006

Squats
45 x 10
45 x 10
95 x 8
95 x 8
135 x 8
175 x 6
205 x 3
225 x 1

I haven't been feeling really good about my leg workouts, so I decided to focus on squats tonight and do some heavier sets than I have been with the 5 x 5. It felt pretty good, and my legs are nice and exhausted. I could only muster up a 225 x 1 set on the end as my blood sugar hit rock bottom and it was all I could do to stand up in between sets. I did my best to push through it, and that's how I came out. I feel pretty good about the session. I'm going to start getting deads worked back into my back routine as well.
great stuff there Tim! and yes work those deads back in my friend! ;)

-TIM-
06-21-2006, 08:46 AM
Thanks Goodwinm. I dropped deads for a while due to some lower back issues. It finally worked itself out, so it's time to get back on the ball with them.

ericg
06-21-2006, 09:40 AM
Nice squatting bro. You mentioned that your blood sugar dropped, are you diabetic?

Coke
06-21-2006, 09:46 AM
Great determination and drive hitting the squats up that way, you'll be owning'em soon enough.

-TIM-
06-21-2006, 12:04 PM
Nice squatting bro. You mentioned that your blood sugar dropped, are you diabetic?No, not diabetic. But my family has a history of hypoglycemia. My mom has it, and my older brother was boder line with it as a teen. I've never been diagnosed, but I feel the effects from time to time and it causes me to get really shakey and light headed. I felt that way at the end of my workout, so I cut the reps and weight back just to stay safe. I'm sure I could have put a few more reps on 205 and 225 had the energy been there.

CoCoa - Always good when you drop by. Thanks for the encouragement. I've been dealing with some personal demons lately and it's really taking a toll on my workouts and diet. Gotta push through though. You guys definitely help with that a lot.

-TIM-
06-26-2006, 07:39 PM
6/26/2006

CHEST & CALVES

Flat Bench
45 x 10
65 x 10
95 x 10
135 x 5 x 1

Decline Bench
135 x 5 x 1
135 x 8 x 2

Seated Calf Raise
None

Sled Calf Raise
180 x 10 x 5
230 x 10 x 2

Comments
I about ready to ****ing hang up working out for good. If it's not my knees it's my shoulders, if it's not my shoulders it's my lower back. I could barely get through my warm up set of 65 lbs on flat bench. I was able to get up to one working set and then had to stop. I went over to do calves and managed to work in some decline bench with a little less shoulder pain. I have no idea what to do. It's funny because I'm just to the point where my back is well enough to start doing deadlifts, and now another major lift is going to start killing me. I have absolutely no motivation for this **** anymore. It's no wonder I haven't been consistant for the last few years.

Feedback
None

Goodwinm
06-27-2006, 03:27 AM
TIM dont u dare ****in give up!! Ive rele enjoyed readin ur journal recently! And dude. Just look at the progress you have made since the first time u posted a workout in this journal.

before
SHOULDERS & ARMS

Military Press
75 x 5 x 5

Rear Lateral Raise
15 x 5 x 5

Upright Rows
75 x 5 x 5

BB Curls
75 x 5 x 5

Skull Crushers
55 x 5 x 5
Super Set W/C.G. Bench
55 x 5 x 5

---------------------------

After

SHOULDERS & ARMS

H.S. Military Press
90 x 5 x 5

Reverse Cable Fly
10 x 8 x 5

BB Curls
80 x 5 x 5

Skull Crushers
60 x 5 x 5
Super Set W/C.G. Bench
60 x 5 x 5

youve come along way my friend, and I know you have some personal problems going on at the moment, but try ur best to stick with it! Got a training partner? If not, see if u cud buddy up with another bachelor at the gym. I know that havin a trainin partner can rele motivate u.
But whatever u do Tim, do not give up. You have too much potential to jus give up now!

I mean look above. Those milie presses. Youve gained a good 15lbs on them since u first posted in this journal. Now that is awesome! I wish i cud gain 15lbs on my milie press! and still with same reps and sets.
And everything has improved. You jus get out of this little hump man, and get bak on track! ;)

And a good solid workout there man even tho uve lost some motivation. nice benching!

Coke
06-27-2006, 06:37 AM
Don't even worry about it - the key is to just train regularly, even if kind of light, and enjoy working out.

Eszekial
06-27-2006, 11:03 AM
Hey you dumb basterd! Quitting is going to make you ****tier in every aspect! Take a few weeks off, recoup.

Get better. Go see the chiropractor. Nip this in the butt NOW!

Get some ets. Do what you have too!

We all want to see you get better and recoup asap! Please be smart about it and realize what your saying.

You'll feel like a weight has been lifted when your body is in better condition to lift again.

Canadian Crippler
06-27-2006, 11:49 AM
I hate to say it but if you're thinking about quitting because of an injury maybe this isn't the right game for you. Most people get pissed when they get hurt and think of alternative exercises, or how badly their gonna bust ass in the gym once they're healed. If quitting is on your mind.... maybe quitting is the right thing.

It takes a lot of heart to go far with weight training, whether it's for size or strength.

getfit
06-27-2006, 11:51 AM
sorry to hear that Tim, no giving up, hang in there.Give it some time,all will fall into place you`ll see :)

HahnB
06-27-2006, 11:57 AM
We've all been there man it sucks. I haven't been able to do skull crushers or dips and a few other exersises for over a year now because of tricep tendonitis. You just gotta work around it. If you have to give up squats for a while, who cares, at least your workouts will be easier-think positive. When I had my tricep tend. I had to basically quit doing flat bench all together. Doing inclines helped, and I had to make what I could of other chest exersises for several months.

-TIM-
06-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Ahh, thanks for the encouragement everyone. I've just had a ****ty last few weeks and when I do get my ass in the gym, I can barely get through a workout.

Crippy - It's not like I have one injury, it's my entire body. I know a lot of my nagging pains are from years of skateboarding and snowboarding. I've had multiple broken bones, dislocated joints, a handful of concussions, you name it, I've injured it, literally. But whatever, I know everybody has been where I'm at. Just have to suck it up and push through. I'll make whatever adjustments I have to and keep at it. It's good to have the support though. Everybody keeps me hanging in there.

Natetaco
06-27-2006, 10:45 PM
man dont worry about the injurys. Some days the workouts are just pure ****, my last couple have been far from good. Just give it some time and switch things up. dont give up man!

Goodwinm
06-28-2006, 04:04 AM
dude, come down here for a while. Ill make sure you double your chest and arm size :p
using my
Chest Expansion Program lol.
It worked for a few of my High School friends. One guy I was helpin out went from 65kg bench max, to 80kg bench max. And hes still going. And thats just over one year.

Canadian Crippler
06-28-2006, 04:19 AM
15kg gain in bench press, especially at such a novice level, is not a good gain at all for one year. What do you have him doing?

Goodwinm
06-28-2006, 04:50 AM
hey wait a minute. he made a 25k increase in a year. His max was 90kg lol.
Must not have been 80. Cuz i know he made a 25kg increase.

I jus got him doin some heavy sets/low reps.high volume (he was more endurance orientated). And i got him to incoprorate press ups, one handed press ups, bicep press ups and diamond pres ups into his workout. I stuck him on a 5 x 5 routine with bench, got him to do some military presses in there. and also a lil bit of forearm work. He had some real good gains.

(dont know if they were noob or not tho. Cuz he had been training for 2 years before)

-TIM-
07-14-2006, 11:39 AM
So I haven't lifted in almost 3 weeks. I've completely fallen off the wagon. :bang:

I'll have to get in the gym over the weekend and work some things out. I plan on having a deadlift day the next workout. I haven't done them in months, but my back feels really good so it's time to get back into it. And I figure a nice deadlift session will be a good way to warm myself up and stretch things out after nearly a 3 week break.

Natetaco
07-14-2006, 12:31 PM
thats good man, watchout when comming back to deads after a long break, I didnt do them for a month then had a session and wow I was dying after it. Good to see you have your motovation back.

-TIM-
07-14-2006, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't say I have the motivation back...but I can't function much longer being this lazy. I have my wedding in less than 4 months and I wanted to be pushing 200 lbs. I certainly won't make that goal if I don't get my **** straight.

A lot of my free time has been spent playing poker. I've been very profitable over the last 8 weeks and the extra money is something we need with the wedding and honeymoon. I need to find a better balance though, as I can still do both if I manage my free time a little better.

getfit
07-14-2006, 02:43 PM
stop playing poker ;) and start lifting!

Goodwinm
07-14-2006, 05:04 PM
got some fukcing rows in man! lol.
Good to see you back. The rest will have done u good. Now go to the gym, scream the place down and rape that iron!!

Coke
07-15-2006, 09:01 AM
No biggie big TIM, I know how excited you all must be about taking that step. Just sit back and choose a mainstay day once a week for the session and then add another one until it is on autopilot, as I used to say...you'll do fine.