PDA

View Full Version : The everyday battle: Eating...

WORLD
04-19-2006, 08:52 PM
I know I can't be the only one that this happens to, and I'm sure this has been discussed before on these forums.. I just couldn't find it.
Eating eating and more eating... It gets tiring. Don't get me wrong, I love eating, but some days, it feels as if I just want to give up and eat like a normal chump. There are times when I will go 3 or 4 days strong, consuming all of my needed calories(while bulking), and then some days where I just can't put it down, and eat like a little school girl... no not literally, but you get my point.

What is it that motivates you and keeps you going? What keeps you eating like the animal you really are!?
:burger:

SpecialK
04-19-2006, 08:55 PM
That if I don't I will shrink back down to my untrained self.

Jordanbcool
04-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Wow. I've seriously never in my life met a person that couldnt or had trouble with gourging themselves. I wish I was bulking now :( Cutting stinks.

If its seriously a problem for you try to inlcude more liquid foods. You can make a pretty clean cut liquid weight gainer that has a buttload of calories. All you need is some whey, 2% milk, and peanuts or oats and your good to go.

I went out and got myself a weight gainer. Worked wonders. You should consider picking up one. My next bulk though I doubt im going to use one. I just love eating way to much. mmmmm cheesecake and tons of carbs.

Stuff I cant have now :(

-jordan

WORLD
04-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Wow. I've seriously never in my life met a person that couldnt or had trouble with gourging themselves. I wish I was bulking now :( Cutting stinks.

If its seriously a problem for you try to inlcude more liquid foods. You can make a pretty clean cut liquid weight gainer that has a buttload of calories. All you need is some whey, 2% milk, and peanuts or oats and your good to go.

I went out and got myself a weight gainer. Worked wonders. You should consider picking up one. My next bulk though I doubt im going to use one. I just love eating way to much. mmmmm cheesecake and tons of carbs.

Stuff I cant have now :(

-jordan

haha its ok, ill eat that deliscious stuff for you.
I've tried a weight gainer before, and your right, it does work. But, it also has you sitting on the crapper twice as much as well. Too much gets wasted. I would rather eat food, but it's hard to match something like 600 cals in a shake.

ShockBoxer
04-19-2006, 09:37 PM
It's hard for some people. My first attempt at a bulk back in January died a horrible death because I couldn't choke down 3k clean calories a day for more than a week or two. I just didn't want to eat after a few weeks of that. I'm not wimping out this time, though.

DumbellDude
04-19-2006, 10:15 PM
there must be 3-4 foods that are your favorite, you can alternate between them and weight gainers. mix it up to break the eating routine. it gets tiring at first, and i did go through a week that i did not want to eat, but then came back to "normal"

Keith
04-19-2006, 11:15 PM
I swear sometimes I actually feel like I hate food. Its so hard to intake the amount of cals needed on a bulk. Sure people suggest cheesecake, half a bag of cookies, a litre of ice cream and of course, all the rest of your meals in a day...but imo I just dont find this the right way to bulk. Eating whatever in sight at anytime even if its complete junk? Any comments about bulking this way?

Canadian Crippler
04-19-2006, 11:59 PM
I used to stay up until 2:30 AM or later regularly just throwing down calories. I'm still up at that hour now, but that's because I have a universal pass to all Bangbro's affiliated adult videos. :p

Haaji Dont Surf
04-20-2006, 12:47 AM
I used to stay up until 2:30 AM or later regularly just throwing down calories. I'm still up at that hour now, but that's because I have a universal pass to all Bangbro's affiliated adult videos. :p
Damn son.. I have sleeping problems and it's my gf's time of the month... HOOK A BROTHA UP!!

Turnip
04-20-2006, 03:06 AM
I swear sometimes I actually feel like I hate food. Its so hard to intake the amount of cals needed on a bulk. Sure people suggest cheesecake, half a bag of cookies, a litre of ice cream and of course, all the rest of your meals in a day...but imo I just dont find this the right way to bulk. Eating whatever in sight at anytime even if its complete junk? Any comments about bulking this way?

http://www.atlargenutrition.com/gainingmass.php

HILL
04-20-2006, 03:29 AM
Shakes theirs a thread on the go at the moment in this diet forum that has atleast 6 different shake recipes all are about 1000 cals take a look

Jordanbcool
04-20-2006, 10:55 AM
haha its ok, ill eat that deliscious stuff for you.
I've tried a weight gainer before, and your right, it does work. But, it also has you sitting on the crapper twice as much as well. Too much gets wasted. I would rather eat food, but it's hard to match something like 600 cals in a shake.

Well like built said. Eat till your uncomfortable not till you puke. Your body will adapt because its good like that. Just remember how big you want your stomach to be though. If you can eat 2 large pizza's in one sitting that stomach will be a pain to deal with if you ever want to cut.

-jordan

UrbanSmooth
04-20-2006, 12:27 PM
It's too easy to eat you're required calories. Check it out:

Make 3-5 high-calorie protein shakes and drink them with all, or most of your meals during the day. Eat 5-6 small meals a day. 2-3 hours apart. Here's an example:

2 cups 1% milk = 200 calories
1/3 cup Carnation Instant Breakfast = 130 calories
1 scoop ON Vanilla Ice Cream Whey Protein Powder = 120 calories
1/3 Cup SACO dry milk = 80 calories
1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil = 120 calories
a little cinnamon to sprinkle
a few drips of vanilla flavoring

650 calories.

Chug that shake!

Add a 1/4 cup of walnuts (handful) = 200 calories
And a banana = 100 calories

Wow, big, guy, that's 950 calories you just slammed right there!

Keep that up, and 950 x 6 = 5,700 calories, wwoooohhh!!

Just replace the solid foods with your required nutrients (lean meat, whole wheat sandwich, whole wheat bagel, rice, vegetables, etc) and keep the shake each meal! Remember to eat a clean, high-protein meal before bed (milk, whey protein, and cottage cheese are perfect!), and you'll see serious results in two weeks. I promise!

One last thing, GET GOOD SLEEP! 8-10 hours, ok? You're welcome! :strong:

WORLD
04-20-2006, 02:22 PM
lol thanks Urban Smooth.. Iv'e made great gains in the past from my training and eating habits, but now I'm just trying to find a way to get over this repetitivness. Shakes are a great idea though. I currently will drink one nice calorie packed shake before bed, or even for breakfast. Having one with each meal is a good idea though.
It isn't that I cant get the required amouts of calories, or that I dont know how or what foods to eat, but it is keeping up with it for longer than a few days.
I think that planning my days foods, and times I will be eating them, along with expanding the type of foods I eat will help.

Buzzsaw
04-20-2006, 05:00 PM
I got used to eating so much when I was bulking that my first cutting phase has been difficult. I really loved bulking and eating tons of food.

WORLD
04-21-2006, 06:26 PM
does anyone find that when you go too long without eating, you actually get to the point where you don't have an appetite anymore? I know thats detrimental for muscle gains and you put your body in starvation alert, but it happens. For example today, I ate an hour before my exam, then went 3 hours writing it, and it wasnt until a half an hour after the exam that I got to my prescious food. Heck by then I was so hungry that I could hardly put it down.

235orbust
04-21-2006, 10:19 PM
what would happen if i started throwing down like 9,000 calories a day, while my matenence is like 4000? would I just grow that much faster, or would it have bad side effects? i dont see why people dont utilize weight-gainers more, one shake ends up being around 1000 cals, 4 of those and ive already met my maintence, plus like 180 g protein

UrbanSmooth
04-22-2006, 12:26 PM
Keep working out, big guy. Sounds good to me.

eps
04-22-2006, 01:58 PM
If I'm sitting in one place for a while then I continuously sip on my shake. For instance, if I had a meal every 2 hours ... then I just sip on my shake every 5-10 minutes to where the drink is finished before the next meal. I have yet to feel bloated or lethargic from consuming excess calories that way. It becomes second nature after a while -- kind of like sipping on coffee while studying, etc.

Optimum08
04-22-2006, 02:18 PM
like nike says, Just Do It

Mercuryblade
04-22-2006, 02:26 PM
Eating eating and more eating... It gets tiring. Don't get me wrong, I love eating, but some days, it feels as if I just want to give up and eat like a normal chump.

Isn't it great that we have such a high standard of living that allows us to complain about eating? I'm hypoglycemic, so food is a huge pain for me. If I go more than 3 hours without eating I get really really depressed, its wierd. So that keeps me eating. When I get inexplicably cranky or start feeling nihilistic (<- haha im serious) I realize my blood sugar is probably low.

WORLD
04-22-2006, 02:32 PM
Iv'e never heard of that before. But hey, atleast you know you will always be eating enough man.
speaking of food, im hungry.

Davidelmo
04-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Yeah I find it a struggle too.

My appetite sucks so I rely a lot on liquid and calorie-dense foods - olive oil, peanut butter, cheese etc

abwowang
04-23-2006, 11:48 AM
yea diet is the hardest part... working out is the 'easier' part

ShadyRensch
04-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Wow. I've seriously never in my life met a person that couldnt or had trouble with gourging themselves. I wish I was bulking now Cutting stinks.

Amen to that. I'm so ready to be done with cutting and eat again it's not even funny.

Stumprrp
04-23-2006, 05:10 PM
ive been cutting for 8 months, man up fools! lol

for you guys that cant gain, simply switching to whole milk and eating peanut butter with every meal should help, also use olive oil and butter with cooking.

Bam
04-23-2006, 05:38 PM
i think when my mom told me your going to waste that?! theres starving kids in africa that would die to have 1/4 of that!

betastas
04-23-2006, 05:57 PM
i think when my mom told me your going to waste that?! theres starving kids in africa that would die to have 1/4 of that!

Tell her to mail it to them then =). The fact is that the food is where it is, not in africa.

I'm coming off a cut now onto a bulk. Let the good times roll. :nod:

WORLD
04-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Someone just made a thread about how your appetite increases the more you eat. Very true. If you start off strong, huge breakfast, nice snack and big lunch, then your on a roll. After that I can eat your food too, so watch your back.

CarlP
04-24-2006, 11:43 AM
like nike says, Just Do It

That's how I feel. I tell myself to shut up and do it.

Clifford Gillmore
04-24-2006, 12:51 PM
I really enjoy ordering more than one large meal.

Skinny Fat
04-24-2006, 01:34 PM
:swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear:

:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

F'n skinny people. 'I can't eat enough to gain weight'.

:cry: ;)

(sooooo hungry)

SkinnySadMan
04-25-2006, 12:08 AM
Eat as much food as you can in less than 15 minutes. I was reading this other forum; this dude said it takes about 15 minutes for your stomach to signal your brain that "You are full", and then you start feeling uncomfortable. Can anyone explain that, wtf is that true ??

Also, while eating I find that you SHOULD NOT drink at all [Unless your about to choke and die...miserably]. Do not drink until you are finished eating most of your food. Drinking some liquid while trying to finish food makes you feel fuller faster.

****, do I sound like I'm giving advice? I'm a skinny **** myself.

Clifford Gillmore
04-25-2006, 01:42 AM
Your right though. First the big building blocks go in, then the little blocks, then the sand, then the water. Can't do it the other way around.

TheLittleGuy
04-25-2006, 04:32 AM
I know I can't be the only one that this happens to, and I'm sure this has been discussed before on these forums.. I just couldn't find it.

Amen. As my handle can attest, I've got trouble getting the calories in. I've been working out consistently for 2+ years, making slow gains (up from about 140lbs to 160lbs). Ultimately, though, I put down my lack of quicker gains to my diet -- I can never seem to consume enough calories.

If I eat just what I want (no more, no less) I generally consume around 2200-2500 calories per day, which seems to be maintenance for me. My weight doesn't fluctuate much when I eat just what I want.

My friend, however, is a human vacuum cleaner. He works out regularly, on the same schedule as me, and it's clear the difference that diet makes to a routine. He's absolutely huge -- and all natural.

I've used MRPs before to ensure my protein requirements were met, but I think I'll try a crash gainer this time around...

HILL
04-25-2006, 05:11 AM
I wish i had these problems i really did ive been cutting for like 8 months like stump and i dnt really mind it. when i was bulking i was hitting 5000 cals and proberly could get more in. if you guys are struggling its time for some liquad lunchs me thinks. Whats wrong with 3/4 1000 cals shakes plus your normal food.

KingWilder
04-25-2006, 09:41 AM
I'm cutting and at some points I have to force myself to eat so I get enough protein...I'm just never hungry anymore

WORLD
04-25-2006, 07:16 PM
if you guys are struggling its time for some liquad lunchs me thinks. Whats wrong with 3/4 1000 cals shakes plus your normal food.

I've started to include more calorie packed shakes to my daily meals, and I can feel the difference. Eating meals isn't hard if you plan them all, and have times for them to be eaten. The problem is those days where something goes wrong. You wake up too late, you had a late night, your working all day and time flies without you realizing it, you feel like crap, ya dont plan your meals etc.... the list goes on.

theVict1m
05-21-2006, 01:41 PM
It's too easy to eat you're required calories. Check it out:

Make 3-5 high-calorie protein shakes and drink them with all, or most of your meals during the day. Eat 5-6 small meals a day. 2-3 hours apart. Here's an example:

2 cups 1% milk = 200 calories
1/3 cup Carnation Instant Breakfast = 130 calories
1 scoop ON Vanilla Ice Cream Whey Protein Powder = 120 calories
1/3 Cup SACO dry milk = 80 calories
1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil = 120 calories
a little cinnamon to sprinkle
a few drips of vanilla flavoring

650 calories.

Chug that shake!

Add a 1/4 cup of walnuts (handful) = 200 calories
And a banana = 100 calories

Wow, big, guy, that's 950 calories you just slammed right there!

Keep that up, and 950 x 6 = 5,700 calories, wwoooohhh!!

Just replace the solid foods with your required nutrients (lean meat, whole wheat sandwich, whole wheat bagel, rice, vegetables, etc) and keep the shake each meal! Remember to eat a clean, high-protein meal before bed (milk, whey protein, and cottage cheese are perfect!), and you'll see serious results in two weeks. I promise!

One last thing, GET GOOD SLEEP! 8-10 hours, ok? You're welcome! :strong:

That sounds great. But don't you go through those ingredients every quickly if you're doing a 3 or 4 or more shakes a day? Do you just buy ice cream and milk and so on in bulk?? I've always wondered how you guys do that.

SaVvY
05-21-2006, 02:36 PM
Eating eating and more eating... It gets tiring. Don't get me wrong, I love eating, but some days, it feels as if I just want to give up and eat like a normal chump. There are times when I will go 3 or 4 days strong, consuming all of my needed calories(while bulking), and then some days where I just can't put it down, and eat like a little school girl... no not literally, but you get my point.

What is it that motivates you and keeps you going? What keeps you eating like the animal you really are!?
:burger:
this is just what it is, an everyday battle, your exactly right

i love strongman, i want strongman to be my career, i want to be as good as i know i can be, i dont want to be just another bum from warrington england, i dont want people to say whos paul savage?? i want them to say, damn! that guy is a savage!!! i want to prove everybody who says 'you cant do it' wrong.

I want something good for myself, my family an my loves ones - its my ticket to everything ive ever wanted, an i know for a fact, 110%, if i keep training as hard as i can, an keep eating as much as i can, i will get where i wanna be.

So if one days eating has to be what the average guy eats in a week, i WILL do it, if i have to train till i cant stand up, i WILL do it, hell, if i have to walk through a flaming wall, i WILL do it! Ive found my calling, theres no limits, nothing will hold me back, this is what i was meant to do, its as obvious as being punched in the face - thats what motivates me

UrbanSmooth
05-21-2006, 11:54 PM
That sounds great. But don't you go through those ingredients every quickly if you're doing a 3 or 4 or more shakes a day? Do you just buy ice cream and milk and so on in bulk?? I've always wondered how you guys do that.

Just go on a weekly shopping trip and pick up everything that you're going to need for your week. I usually pick up:

3 Gallons of Milk
Two tubs of Carnation Instant Breakfast Rich Milk Chocolate
One large bottle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
A box of dry milk (makes 5 quarts, think it's 10lbs, usually lasts 3-4 weeks)
Two jars of natural peanut butter
21 bananas (3 a day in each shake)

That's pretty much it as far as shake ingredients from the local grocery store.

I order my whey protein online @ bodybuilding.com. I usually order the largest (I think 10lb) bag of Optimum Nutrition Vanilla Ice Cream-flavored 100% Gold Standard Whey Protein.

I've been making 3 1080-calorie shakes a day and drinking them in between small meals. Just sip on them throughout the day, but, time it so you're not filling up on them. The key is to start early and finish them before your last meal of the day. Taste is key. Drinking these things all the time would get annoying, so, I try to mix up the flavoring by adding different flavor extracts and flavoring to them like cinnamon, vanilla, mint, etc. It's really not bad on its own, either. You mostly taste the banana! Mmmm!

WORLD
05-22-2006, 10:40 AM

i love strongman, i want strongman to be my career, i want to be as good as i know i can be, i dont want to be just another bum from warrington england, i dont want people to say whos paul savage?? i want them to say, damn! that guy is a savage!!! i want to prove everybody who says 'you cant do it' wrong.

I want something good for myself, my family an my loves ones - its my ticket to everything ive ever wanted, an i know for a fact, 110%, if i keep training as hard as i can, an keep eating as much as i can, i will get where i wanna be.

So if one days eating has to be what the average guy eats in a week, i WILL do it, if i have to train till i cant stand up, i WILL do it, hell, if i have to walk through a flaming wall, i WILL do it! Ive found my calling, theres no limits, nothing will hold me back, this is what i was meant to do, its as obvious as being punched in the face - thats what motivates me

I like that attitude. You seem to have a very strong motivation behind all your training. This is exactly the fire that everyone needs under them to get things done. It seems like when you have this sort of attitude, eating becomes no harder than pumping fuel into your car.

Keith
05-22-2006, 10:52 AM

Thats awesome man. I literally have the same attitude about training and everything else for that matter, just not eating. Theres something about food. I used to love it and eat everything in sight.
These past few days I actually cant stand food and have had no appetite. And yes ive been getting a variety, I just dont feel good for some reason. Im thinking it may be a new shake im trying. Its a prolab chocolate shake and I think ever since I started using that $40 instead of an $80 isolate shake, ive felt sick the majority of the day. I guess the saying "you get what you pay for" is really true. I could be wrong but this may be why I feel like **** throughout the day and just have no appetite. I cant put my mind to just taking that **** back whether I like it or not.

SaVvY
05-22-2006, 10:54 AM
I like that attitude. You seem to have a very strong motivation behind all your training. This is exactly the fire that everyone needs under them to get things done. It seems like when you have this sort of attitude, eating becomes no harder than pumping fuel into your car.
yeh, its just an everyday thing, i train and eat as if my life depends on it, because it does

once you stop thinking you can, and start knowing you will, everything gets a whole lot easier

Joe_Halt
05-22-2006, 11:06 AM
I've found, for me, it's best to pre-cook my meals. I cook on Sunday and Wednesday night. It's less tiring to eat everything if it's already there for you. You don't have that hassle of preparing it, then eating it. It just seems less time consuming that way.