PDA

View Full Version : Water Question

Turnip
04-20-2006, 04:15 AM
So why do they say you need to drink a bunch of water during the day, is there something pure water gives that something like kool aid or milk wouldnt, or are they just saying to stay liquidated?

HILL
04-20-2006, 04:26 AM
Water has minerals and vitamins in as well as re hydrating your body among many other things. your body is 70something% water i believe and its very important to get enough during the day. a good way to test is your urine should be clear. the darker it is the more de hydrated u are

J450n
04-20-2006, 04:31 AM
Search, been done many times.

lilmase1153
04-20-2006, 04:33 AM
Maybe you Uk guys have good water where you can actually get vits and mins from it but here in the states you get toxic metals and flouride Yeaahhh.. I get all my mins and vits through supps and foods

I drink water for hydration purposes only, and for the fact since im cutting the more cold water you drink your body needs to expend more energy to heat it up to body temp thus expending more cals. But this is just my reasoning and I have no facts other than my opinion.. Also without proper hydration your body would not be able to function correctly and you would over heat quite quickly...

About the urine the only time you should be worried is if your urine is dark yellow and very cloudy, Its a good sign to see it hyper color yellow (mostly B vits) to clear..

BG5150
04-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Why We Need to Drink Water

Our bodies are estimated to be about 60 to 70% water. Blood is mostly water, and our muscles, lungs, and brain all contain a lot of water. We need to drink water because water is needed to regulate body temperature and to provide the means for nutrients to travel to all our organs. Water also transports oxygen to our cells, removes waste, and protects our joints and organs.

from: http://nutrition.about.com/od/hydrationwater/a/waterarticle.htm

Turnip
05-17-2006, 12:27 AM
Im assuming you mean water as a whole, not something like iced tea. Of course drinking is important, but does it have to be water.

DumbellDude
05-17-2006, 12:49 AM
Yes, it has to be water. Keep in mind that many beverages (tea, iced tea, coffee, sodas) have diuretic properties. I find that only water can realy quench my thirst.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-18-2006, 04:56 AM
It doesn't have to exclusively be water. Milk is 80-89% water, so you can get your water intake from that as well. There are plenty of liquid beverages out there that can help you meet your needs.

Jordanbcool
05-18-2006, 10:29 AM
So why do they say you need to drink a bunch of water during the day, is there something pure water gives that something like kool aid or milk wouldnt, or are they just saying to stay liquidated?

Use the search, we just had a huge thread done 6-8 days ago.

-jordan