PDA

View Full Version : Wanna gain weight/muscle

Xyber04
04-20-2006, 03:30 AM
i want to gain at least 20lbs onto my body. cause i dont like being skinny. i weight 130lbs and im tall, tall and skinny... i belive i am very strong for my tall and skinny build.

Maxes-
Bench press: 145
Deadlift: 305
Squat: 265
Power Clean: 165

So i will post some pics today and later this week of me to show you guys where iam at.

Whatever you guys want to know to help me gain weight/muscle just ask.
Tips on nutruien, weightlifting routines, stuff like that. Please help, if i get the right help i will be dedicated 110%

Xyber04
04-20-2006, 03:31 AM
heres all i got right now... make fun if you want to, but stay on topic please.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/Xyber04/wl1.jpg

getfit
04-20-2006, 03:44 AM
how's your diet? training split?

Xyber04
04-20-2006, 03:51 AM
how's your diet? training split?

well, im not sure what you toatly mean but i'll try

my diet is fairly well, i eat alot of green vegtables and chicken and beef, i am not really good on eating schedule but i get my 3 corses a day, i would really like to start a reccored diet (cal intake, fat, carbs) stuff like that, but im not really sure where to start me being a new guy. maybe you can help me :)

my training split i think you mean what i do certain days
i ussuly do upperbody mondays, thursdays, fridays
lower body tuesday (i have more time to lift on tuesday)
and wendsdays i cant lift.

lilmase1153
04-20-2006, 03:52 AM
Yeah knowing what your diet and training looks like is a good start.. Also how quickly Do you want to gain that weight? Thats a big question you need to ask yourself since the faster you put it on the more likely you will get a good deal of fat as well.. If you can be patient you can add 20lbs to your frame slowly with minimal fat gain..

But after seeing your pics your more than likely an ectomorph and fat gain will likely not be a concern for you.. Check out Cphafner he is as ecto(ecto meaning natuarally lean) as they come and has made awesome progress, you can get an idea of how to eat as well as other tips from reading his journal

lilmase1153
04-20-2006, 03:54 AM
well, im not sure what you toatly mean but i'll try

my diet is fairly well, i eat alot of green vegtables and chicken and beef, i am not really good on eating schedule but i get my 3 corses a day, i would really like to start a reccored diet (cal intake, fat, carbs) stuff like that, but im not really sure where to start me being a new guy. maybe you can help me :)

my training split i think you mean what i do certain days
i ussuly do upperbody mondays, thursdays, fridays
lower body tuesday (i have more time to lift on tuesday)
and wendsdays i cant lift.
try and track you cals on Fitday.com for a week to get an idea of how much cals you actually take in approx each day.. Than add 200-300 more till you find the rate in which you are comfortable with

Xyber04
04-20-2006, 03:58 AM
try and track you cals on Fitday.com for a week to get an idea of how much cals you actually take in approx each day.. Than add 200-300 more till you find the rate in which you are comfortable with

what about like dinners and stuff? i dont know how to calculate how much cals is in each portian i eat\\

BTW is that you cleaning, in that pic?? if so.. DAMN

tommrow i will check out that journel. i gotta sleep now. way to late

Sidior
04-20-2006, 04:05 AM
I think his avatar is Franco...and he looks to be deadlifting

lilmase1153
04-20-2006, 04:07 AM
Yup thats me alright.......... Nah bro thats Franco Columbu Im his height but fat :(

Well for stuff like that you can usually measure by cups or ounces or something and thats what fitday is good at.. it has all sorts of things listed like for chicken you have thighs, breats, wing, boneless with skin, boneless skinless, ect ect.. and its not gonna be exact unless you weigh it yourself with an acurate scale, which most dont but its just to give a guideline so to speak

brickt.
04-20-2006, 04:49 AM
Or, if you can't be bothered counting, just eat til you just about throw up, and repeat, three or four times every day.

Sidior
04-20-2006, 05:31 AM
Or, if you can't be bothered counting, just eat til you just about throw up then have 2 glasses of whole milk, and repeat, three or four times every day.

my addition is in bold

Xyber04
04-20-2006, 12:59 PM
my addition is in bold

you really think i will gain weight that way? eat hella and drink hella milk, shouhld i do whey and milk and eat hella ?? and by the way someone said how long do i want it to take to gain the 20ish lbs well, i want it befor next school year.. soooo September a bunch of months, can i do it? with my build?

im at school right now so talk to you guys later! :)

getfit
04-20-2006, 01:00 PM
you really think i will gain weight that way? eat hella and drink hella milk, shouhld i do whey and milk and eat hella ?? and by the way someone said how long do i want it to take to gain the 20ish lbs well, i want it befor next school year.. soooo September a bunch of months, can i do it? with my build?

im at school right now so talk to you guys later! :)
milk and spoonfuls of natty pb all day long that should put some weight on you :D

Skinny Fat
04-20-2006, 01:28 PM
If you can't be bothered to count calories and whatnot, like everybody says, just eat more than you think you can. Extra peanut butter and whole milk should put some size on you pretty quickly. During the summer, though, you should really take the time to teach yourself how to measure things and count calorie intake. If you're not in school, you should have plenty of time.

The routine - doesn't particularly matter. You're really, really skinny. Eating a lifting will make you bigger in good ways. WBB 1 or Baby Got Back will do well. Probably significantly better than what you're doing now.

Then stick to the plan.

rray
05-01-2006, 07:48 PM
I looked just like you at 17. Please stop saying hella in every sentence. :offtopic: