PDA

View Full Version : Sprinting

Bam
04-20-2006, 10:20 PM
Okay i ran the 40 in 4.75 yesterday a long with a mile and some good 100 sprints then today i was running and i was running considerably slower then the other day could it be from tiredness i was a little soar but i dont think soar enough to affect me that bad.

Any tips for accerlation?

fixationdarknes
04-20-2006, 10:34 PM
Any tips for accerlation?

According to Newton's Second Law of Motion... Force = mass x acceleration

And using some simple junior high math... that would leave us with acceleration = Force/mass

So to increase acceleration, either increase your force or decrease your mass.

;)

Bam
04-20-2006, 10:42 PM
Well what do you mean by force squat? or should i get in a lower stance and shoot up hard...

Ozz
04-22-2006, 06:56 PM
It could be anything. Running with/against the wind, physically tired, mentally tired, and so on. The first time of 4.75 is pretty good though. I think I barely break into 4.9.

Ozz
04-22-2006, 06:57 PM
Oh, and run hills. I forget who sent this to me a while back....but it is a program they use for their high school RBs....I will send it to you.

Also, plyometrics are the number 1 thing for acceleration. Once or twice a week do lunges for twenty yards down and back, forward and backwards. Do sky jumps...15 seconds/3 sets of as many as you can set up and do (like rebounding a basketball, reach!) Kangaroo jumps 15s/3 sets(bring your knees up to your chest). The faster you can do them the higher your vertical and better your explosion will be. Lunge jumps, do a normal lunge and jump out of it. Be sure to land going down into a lunge. Again 20 yards down and back.

These are what I do and I have a quick takeoff and a 30.5 inch vertical. When done right and done hard it will feel like an entire leg workout at first.

Bam
04-24-2006, 02:46 PM
Thanks a lot!

Guido
04-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Uh...I think you mean "sore"?

ddegroff
04-25-2006, 11:22 AM
^no he was trying to fly, haha

to the OP: you had a bad day who cares. There could be 101 different reasons why it wasn't as good as it was the day before.

lilmase1153
04-25-2006, 12:49 PM
Come on guys you cant all be serious, did anyone actually read this post? it says he was timing his 40 and than ran a mile and than did wind sprints..

but for some reason the day after all of that he could not run as fast..

And people were actually giving him tips.. :swear:

backseatwitme13
04-25-2006, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE=Ozz]Oh, and run hills. I forget who sent this to me a while back....but it is a program they use for their high school RBs....I will send it to you.

they dont only use hills for running backs trust me they make the whole team run them but anyway that is a good idea ........running hills= good idea

fixationdarknes
04-25-2006, 04:49 PM
http://psico_loquinho.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/run_to_the_hills_brasil.jpg.w560h471.jpg

Bam
04-25-2006, 04:55 PM
umm a mile and some sprints usally wouldnt even kill me i had to run 4 miles every morning for the last month and a half for soccer and do it 5 days(in till a week ago) in a row i dont think 1 mile would make me soar enough to make me physically tired.

fixationdarknes
04-25-2006, 04:58 PM
For the last time, it's "sore!!!!!"

Ozz
04-25-2006, 05:27 PM
they dont only use hills for running backs trust me they make the whole team run them but anyway that is a good idea ........running hills= good idea

I was giving him a program that a guy uses for his high school RBs mainly. Of course, running hills is good for anyone wanting to improve speed.