PDA

View Full Version : english muffins???

BigBadAd
01-20-2002, 08:27 AM
i love english muffins!

toast them with a little bit of butter and stick some ham on top and munch! best way to start off the day!

i looked at the back of the packet the other day and to my supprise it said that per muffin there was 7 grams of protein.
i thought damn, thats a lot for a cereal based product.

it turns out that the protein comes from wheat protein. What is this and does it in any way act like protien that we get from our beloved food 'tuna'?

Spiderman
01-20-2002, 09:14 AM
Protein is basicly protein bro. It just comes from a lot of different sources and because of the differing sources the amino acid profile will be slightly different. Personally, I don't count the protein I get from grain foods. Hope this clears it up for ya. ;)

syntekz
01-20-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Spiderman
Personally, I don't count the protein I get from grain foods. Hope this clears it up for ya. ;)

If protein is protein; than why don't you count that protein in your diet? :confused:

Spiderman
01-20-2002, 09:18 AM
Because I don't care too. If I'm gettin enough protein from strictly protein products, then I know I'll be getting plenty if theres some in the grain foods. It sounds weird I know.....

nejar462
01-20-2002, 09:28 AM
I don't count anything, I just eat a lot of meat throughout the day. Plenty of milk too.

syntekz
01-20-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by nejar462
I don't count anything, I just eat a lot of meat throughout the day. Plenty of milk too.

I'm normally the same way. But as of right now I'm trying to lean out a little bit. Gotta count everything. :rolleyes:

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-20-2002, 02:45 PM
Yes syntekz, good.

make sure you count everything in everything too eg there's fat in oatmeal as well as carbs, even though you may be eating the oats specifically for the carbohydrate content etc...

btw, eating a complete protein source with an incomplete one will make it all complete. So meat + muffins = all complete protein.