PDA

View Full Version : please critique/add suggestions to daily diet

Warrior10
04-22-2006, 10:27 PM
Hey,

I weight-train 5 days per week (one bodypart per day) and my main priority is adding size (went from 118 to 151 in 4 1/2 months). Inevitably along the way I've acquired bodyfat on my stomach and face, which I hope will be removed with 30 mins of running, 3 mornings a week. I know some of you (Built!) will tell me that I don't need to do the cardio, just diet, but I actually prefer the cardio, it makes me feel fulfilled and I need to work up my stamina and burn the fat.

Anyway, here's an average day of food intake in my workout program:

MEAL ONE:Breakfast (post-running):

6 egg-white halves
4 large slices roast beef with bread
1 large banana
large glass of milk w/ cod liver oil capsule and multivitamin

MEAL TWO : suggestions?

MEAL THREE: Lunch
Rice with red beans, chicken/beef/pork/fish

MEAL FOUR : (pre-workout) Suggestions?

MEAL FIVE : Dinner (postworkout)

Chicken breast
two large baked potatoes
half a carrot
3 scoops of protein shake

MEAL SIX : (pre-bedtime snack) suggestions?

Please note that although I wrote "suggestions", I do eat something, like cold-cut sandwiches of chicken or roast beef. What else could I fit in in meals 2, 4, and 6?

Thanks for any help and suggestions. Bear with me.

Built
04-22-2006, 10:34 PM
Okay, well, you don't want my help so I'll just let you do your thing.

Good luck!

Warrior10
04-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Okay, well, you don't want my help so I'll just let you do your thing.

Good luck!

Built don't be like that, I didn't mean it to imply that i don't want your help, I DO :thumbup:

Built
04-22-2006, 10:42 PM
Okay, since you're asking ...

:)

You're planning to run in the morning to lean out. I don't think this is such a great idea, certainly not at the BEGINNING of a cut. Save a little strategic cardio for the end of your cut, when you simply cannot bear to lower cals any further. If you START with this much cardio, you'll have no place to go but MORE as your cut progresses.

Also, bodypart splits like you're planning aren't that great for a cut (or a bulk, for that matter).

Something like BGB or an upper/lower split done four days a week would be a better idea on a cut - keep the lifts short and intense, do 'em frequently to continually remind your body how much you really need to keep all that expensive LBM.

Warrior10
04-22-2006, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the quick response, Built. :)

With regards to the cardio issue, that's pretty much the ONLY thing I am doing to cut and burn the fat, since I still want to get bigger. So I'm still lifting heavy and increasing. Just the fat on my face and stomach is a bit depressing. Is it really THAT much cardio?

At 151 pounds, I'm a decent size (IMO), not yet where I'd like to be, I want to keep gaining so I don't want to lose any muscle.

Or is there anything I should fit in to meals 2, 4 and 6 that would help with the bodyfat issue?

Built
04-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the quick response, Built. :)

With regards to the cardio issue, that's pretty much the ONLY thing I am doing to cut and burn the fat, since I still want to get bigger.
Okay, you aren't clear on the concept. You can't do both at the same time. It doesn't work that way.

Cutting is caloric deficit and heavy lifting. Bulking is caloric surplus and heavy lifting.

Run while you bulk and you'll just burn off some of the extra calories you ate. It won't keep you lean while you bulk.

Sorry.

So I'm still lifting heavy and increasing. Just the fat on my face and stomach is a bit depressing. Is it really THAT much cardio?

At 151 pounds, I'm a decent size (IMO), not yet where I'd like to be, I want to keep gaining so I don't want to lose any muscle.

Or is there anything I should fit in to meals 2, 4 and 6 that would help with the bodyfat issue?

Warrior10
04-22-2006, 11:05 PM
I'm sorry too..and thanks

so what's the best bet if I still want to bulk?

Just continue to gain mass and deal with the bodyfat in stomach and face later ? Considering nothing will keep me lean while bulking?

Built
04-23-2006, 02:04 AM
Slow down on your eating a bit. If you're gaining too fast, you'll pack on too much fat.

Lemme know when you want to cut. If you do it right, you can hold onto most of your LBM.