PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Fitday

xman1102
04-23-2006, 06:30 AM
I see alot of people here use fitday and i have some questions i couldnt find from a search or their website.

#1. Is there a difference in the free (i thought it said free) online journal and the software that you pay for?

#2. Can more than 1 person create a profile and track their diet and exercise program? I definitely will use it but could it track myself and my wife at the same time?

#3. How easy is this to use? I pretty efficient at computers but my wife isnt and doesnt have the patience. Is it as easy and popping foods in and the program does it all for you or can it be complicated?

Thanks for the replies :thumbup:

JustLost
04-23-2006, 07:40 AM
1. The software you pay for is more versatile, and a bit easier to use. The online version logs you out after some period of inactivity, forcing you to log back in every time you want to log a meal. One cool feature ofr the paid software is that it lets you combine foods as ingredients into a custom food -- so if you make, say, a meatlof, you can create a food with all the meatloaf ingredients and have that to use as one food instead of figuring out how much of each ingredient you're eating at a meal.

2. Yes.

3. Pretty easy. Some things might be complicated, but it'sstill a hundred times eaiers that calculating everything manually.

Why not try the online free version for a week or two to see how you like it?

xman1102
04-23-2006, 08:41 AM
So is the free version just like the paid? And can you just upgrade the free so you dont lose your profile and have to start over?

JustLost
04-23-2006, 11:29 AM
So is the free version just like the paid? And can you just upgrade the free so you dont lose your profile and have to start over?

No, the paid software has more features. As far as I know, there's no way to export your profile from the online version to the paid version -- which is a pain.

Ricochet_kid
04-25-2006, 11:34 AM
The downloadable version is installed on a PC. The online one is...well, online. This means that you can access the online one from wherever you have a computer. I find this handy because I can update it from work, and from home. If you could synchronize the two then I would buy the PC version for sure. I emailed the developers and they said that feature is slated for a future version.

Also, you can save your username and password ('Save Password' checkbox)on fitday so that once it logs you out, (after a period of inactivity) you just have to click 'Sign In' again without re-entering your info, which is pretty painless.

There is a tour of the PC version of fitday here: http://www.fitday.com/Pc/TourIntro.html

Ricochet_kid
04-25-2006, 11:38 AM
This may be a helpful link to highlight the differences between fitday online and fitday PC:

http://www.fitday.com/Pc/PcHomeInternal.html?gcid=6&dccd=i-int10

emunah
04-25-2006, 02:50 PM
Personally, I prefer nutridiary.com. I find some of the values are more accurate.