PDA

View Full Version : Goodwinner's Journal (Determination, Sweat, and Strength)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Goodwinm
04-23-2006, 08:31 AM
**Updated 22nd October 2013**

Hello everyone, i'm back and hopefully here to stay!

I'm now walking miles per day down and uphill on the way to work, (been doing this since June) and have lost a lot of weight
in the process (and strength too it would seem).

I'm currently doing things as I please, just trying to stick to volume based training on a 5x5ish scale.

And then will revert to heavy triples when I feel the time is right. I just want to hit my all time PB's again which are;

Raw
Squat: 200kg (440lbs)
Deadlift: 230kg (506lbs)
Bench: 140kg (308lbs)

That is all really.

Cheers

Mike

**The rest of this post goes back to 2006 so ignore that, (Should you be interested, lol)

Ok, ive decided to start a journal here of my lifting . So for those of you who dont know me.
I am Mike, been here for a few months now and have gained alot of useful information for which i am truley greatful :).
So on with the show. My ongoing goal is simply to become stronger and look bigger than I am. To get to a size and strength that i am happy with.
My stats are as follows.

Height: 5ft 6
Weight: (as of 23 april 2006) 70kg (154lbs)
BMI = 24.9 (nearly overweight) lol. just mainly muscle I promise.

Ideal Height: 5ft 8 (never gonna happen, unless i have a growth spurt) lol
Ideal Weight: 77kg (170lbs) (By end of this year)

I have now started a new routine. My routine consists of 5 sets of each exercise i do. Each set will start with 6 reps, and after each set the weight will be increased. Its working a treat for me at the moment.

So I hope you enjoy reading my Journal. Well i say enjoy. If your idea of fun is reading numbers from a website I sympathise with you. I hope you find it interesting i should say. ;)

Well on with the posting. Ill post the workout i did today in a new message.

Sunday: Working Out
Monday : Resting
Tuesday: Working Out
Wedsenday: Resting
Thrusday: Working Out
Friday: Resting
Saturday: Working Out

So Monday im very much depleted of strength and its a very good rest day. I make sure i eat a hell of alot on Mondays.

Thanks for reading.
Mike G.

Goodwinm
04-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Sunday 23 April 2006

Woke up this morning late. (about 12 oclock) Didnt workout until about 1:30pm.

Warm up

Loosened body up a bit by hitting punch bag for 5 minutes. Got the blood flowing ready for biceps.

Workout *all weight in lbs unless stated otherwise*

BB Bicep Curl

15 reps of bar to warm up (bar = 22)

6 x 75,
4 x 84,
3 x 86,
2 x 88,
1 x 92

BB Military Press *performed with a clean to start each set with, as I dont have a rack*

15 reps of bar to warm up.

6 x 115
5 x 119
3 x 128
2 x 132
0.5 x 141 (Couldnt push it all the way up) :(
1 x 136

One handed Dumbell Bench Press *Don't have a bench so lay on floor, dont have two dumbells either*

6 x 70 (6 right and 6 left)
6 x 75 (6 right and 6 left)
x 75 (6 right and 4 left)
x 75 (4 right 4 left)
x 75 (3 right 4 left) Dont ask, I was confused too lol.

Bent Over BB Row

6 x 140
6 x 150
4 x 154
3 x 158
2 x 167
1 x 172 (PB)

Deadlifts *Only have 198lbs of weights to play with . Still good dead workout though, forearms burning ater wards

6 x 198
6 x 198
6 x 198
6 x 198
5 x 198 (damn it, finger slipped just before top of 6th rep) Might increase the target to 8 reps on deads for next workout. Just to feel the burn abit more. I really need to get some more weight. Ive never done a max dead before. Im very intruiged into what my max would bet

So that wraps up today's workout. Feeling very good in myself. Especially for the Bent Over Row PB :)
Can't wait for the next workout.

HeavyBomber
04-23-2006, 04:05 PM
Looking good dood, I'll be checking by...

Goodwinm
04-23-2006, 04:36 PM
Looking good dood, I'll be checking by...
cheers :) well next workout day will be tuesday evening (UK time) :) so ill be posting here then

Goodwinm
04-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Tuesday 25 April 2006

Started workout quite late this evening. I realised time was pressing on so after BB Rows i decided to call it a night. Im still very pleased with workout tho! went gr8!!

Warm Up
5 mins on punch bag again. Felt good. Started light then gave it some very heavy power punches. Damn my punch is gettin rele hard and fast hehe. (better than it used to be)

Workout

BB Bicep Curl

15 reps of bar to warm biceps up a little.

6 x 75
5 x 80
3 x 84
3 x 88
1 x 92

(Made mistake on 2nd set of Sundays Bicep Curl . 2nd set here is correct)

Barbell Military Press Baring in mind I dont have a rack so i have to clean the weight up first.

15 reps of bar to warm shoulders.

6 x 115
6 x 119
4 x 128
3 x 132
2 x 141 (PB)Extremely Pleased with this!
0.5 x 145 (damn! just missed it. Was more of a 0.7 to be honest, hehe)

One handed Dumbell bench press kept to 75's throughout. (r = right handed , l = left handed)

15 reps of 22lb Dumbells each hand to warm up.

6r 4l x 75
6r 4l x 75
6r 3l x 75 (swayed a little with left arm, lost concentration)
6r 4l x 75
6r 4l x 75

Pleased with this, but im gonna really try and get a few 6's with my left on the 75's one handed.

BB Bent Over Row Extremely pleased with these too!

6 x 140
6 x 150
5 x 154
4 x 158
3 x 168
2 x 172
1 x 176 (New PB)

All in all. A super workout for me, and I think im making good progress! :D
Edit: Also i think that with my military presses, im gonna include a full clean from now on just to work the legs a bit more.

Goodwinm
04-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Thursday 27 April 2006

Not the best of workouts tonight. Although back feeling alot stronger. :)

BB Bicep Curl

15 reps of bar to warm up.

6 x 75
4 x 80
3 x 84
2 x 88
1 x 97 (PB) *Closing in on that 100lb mark!*

BB Military Press

Moved up in my routine. Shoulders were weak tonight. Dissappointed.

6 x 119
4 x 128
3 x 132
1 x 141

One handed Dumbbell bench press Moved up to 80lbs. Pleased with outcome.

80 x (6r and 6l)
80 x (6r and 6l)
80 x (4r and 3l)
80 x (3r and 2l)
80 x (3r and 2l)

BB Bent Over Row Back getting stronger!

6 x 140
6 x 150
6 x 154
5 x 158
3 x 168
3 x 172
2 x 176 (PB) Managed to squeeze out 2nd rep hehe.

Deadlift(with Hack sqaut set included to see what would happen) Grip seriousley tested here.

198 x 6 (Deadlift)
198 x 6 (Deadlift)
198 x 6 (Hack Sqauts)
198 x 6 (Deadlift)

Outcome was ok i feel. But im not happy on the mil presses or bi curls.
Well, ill just carry on eating until saturday. :) Im over it!

Goodwinm
04-29-2006, 04:47 PM
Saturday 29th April

Todays workout went very well indeed i believe! Pleased with the results!

Workout

One Handed Dumbbell Bicep Curl

For biceps i decided on switching routine to a dumbell bicep curl. Went ok, but im not sure if i wanna keep on doing db curls. Il see how i feel next workout.

35lbs x 6 (R and L)
40lbs x 6R and 3L
44lbs x 5R and 1L
48lbs x 2R and 0L
53lbs x 1R and 0L

*Left Bicep hardly got any work. I didnt realise how much weaker my left bicep is. I think next workout if i decide to use dumbbells (probably will) I will reduce the weight enough so that i can at least get a few 6 rep sets out of my left arm.

Barbell Military Press

6 x 119
5 x 123
3 x 128
3 x 132
1 x 136

Not overly pleased, but im not beating myself up over my Mil's. Ill just stick to this format and try and add one rep to each set of them. (hopefully)

One Handed DB Bench Press *very pelased with these!!!* Also made mistake in previous calculations of dumbbell press. the 75's i posted should have been 70's too. Oh well. over it!

6R, 6L x 70
6R, 6L x 70
6R, 6L x 70
6R, 6L x 70
6R, 6L x 70

Super. I think ive mastered the 70's now hehe. Bring on the 80's!

Barbell Bent Over Row *holy **** im amazing myself* lol.

6 x 140
6 x 150
6 x 158
4 x 167
4 x 176

(very happy with the rows. I could have tried for a PB, but i jsut wanted to get my sets done and not get too trigger happy)

Finally

Deadlifts *As I dont have much weight to overload my barbell with. I only had a 30sec rest between each set for deadlifts. Man did the last set burn*

6 x 198
6 x 198
6 x 198
6 x 198
6 x 198

Very happy. I had a great sense of achievment by doing this. Id forgotton how damn tiring it gets when the rest period is shortened!

overall. Very happy with workout.

KevinStarke
04-30-2006, 09:19 AM
Sounds like you had a real good workout, nice job man.

Goodwinm
04-30-2006, 12:52 PM
Sounds like you had a real good workout, nice job man.
cheers :). I just love workin out and havin good sessions. Im not the strongest guy in the world. (who is?) lol. But i jus wanna train hard and beat my records continuousley.
Only competitor is myself. :D

Goodwinm
05-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Tuesday 2nd May 2006

Going into tonights workout my back was extremely raped from Sundays Deadlifting of 198 x 20 and Mondays 198 x 21. But nevertheless I really put effort into tonights workout. I feel abolsutley fantastic right now. (even though my lower back is throbbing like a son of a bitch) lol. Well here we go.

Workout

One handed DB Bicep Curl *Form is good*

I thought I would keep to the DB's for biceps for a while now, see what happens. And also im just keeping to one particular weight for both arms to really try and get my left arm stronger. Its getting there :).

6R, 5L x 42
6R, 4L x 42
6R, 3L x 42
5R, 2L x 42

Im gona get that left bicep stronger if it takes me til this time next year! I aint giving up!! HAHA! Bring it the **** on!

Barbell Military Presses

6 x 119
5 x 128
2 x 136
2 x 132 (136 was too heavy for me. Ill get these Mil Presses sorted eventually) Maye ill just go up in 2kg steps instead of 4. oh well. I aint that disheartened. Just rest tomorrow and back to it on thursday!

One Handed Dumbell Bench Press

6R, 6L x 75
6R, 6L x 75
6R, 5L x 75
6R, 6L x 75
4R, 4L x 75

Pleased with these because ive upped my load by 5lbs, so I wreckon im doing pretty mint with the bench *floor* pressing.

BB Bent Over Row

6 x 150
6 x 158
4 x 167
3 x 176
1 x 185 (PB)
*Pleased with the PB* I knew i could have done this last workout but I thought it best to not tire myself out to failure.
My back was screaming after rows.

Now onto my favourite

Deadlifts Back was still telling me to **** off as I loaded the barbell up with the weight hehe. Still pissed at me for Sunday and Mondays 20 and 21 rep deads. so 41 reps of 198lbs in 2 days later........

198 x 6
198 x 6
198 x 6
198 x 6
198 x 6

Back truley truley blasted. I tried to keep form up. Head up, ass out, back straight. Really burned. My back still throbbing as I type this. A super workout. A huge thrill of achievment once i finished my deads. Somehow i think my back isnt gonna wanna get up tomorrow morning. Oh well. Ive earned my sleep for tonight.

Regards
Goodwinner :)

Sensei
05-02-2006, 02:38 PM
Wow, I would never be able to do DLs after barbell rows. Looking strong.

Goodwinm
05-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Wow, I would never be able to do DLs after barbell rows. Looking strong.
Thanks. Yer DL's after Rows really does me in pretty hard. I love it though! :evillaugh hehe.
Once i get enough money ill purcahse some 20kg plates to put on each side so I can train with more. Im lookin training at the 286lb mark or their abouts with my 5 sets of 6 reps. I think that would truley outdo me.

HILL
05-03-2006, 03:22 AM
workouts are lookin good man keep it up. can i ask why you do bicep curls first i would do em last but thats just me

Goodwinm
05-03-2006, 05:11 AM
workouts are lookin good man keep it up. can i ask why you do bicep curls first i would do em last but thats just me
cheers for the input :).
Do them frist cuz i was told it was best for the arms. Or do you wreckon I shud do curls to finish off the workout??

HILL
05-03-2006, 05:55 AM
i would say do them later on biceps are a much smaller muscle group and compared to the other exercises you do on the same day such as deads and rows i would definatly have the last however your biceps are getting hit throughout back exercises so you may find these numbers will go up while bicep curl numbers go down but as long as your working the muscle its all good.

Goodwinm
05-03-2006, 04:48 PM
i would say do them later on biceps are a much smaller muscle group and compared to the other exercises you do on the same day such as deads and rows i would definatly have the last however your biceps are getting hit throughout back exercises so you may find these numbers will go up while bicep curl numbers go down but as long as your working the muscle its all good.
Indeedy :) I think ill try that then from now on. So tomorrow i'll start with mil's and finish with bicep curls.
Thanks Again.
Mike

Coke
05-04-2006, 05:08 AM
Nice workout, especially good concentrated work for the back with the bb rows and deads.

Goodwinm
05-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Nice workout, especially good concentrated work for the back with the bb rows and deads.
Thanks CoCoa :). Yes I really love to hit my back hard. Ive got a strong back, but it could always be stronger!

pinky8713
05-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Hey man, just noticed your journal. Looks like you're progressing nicely... especially on the back work. Good stuff.

I'd also recommend doing your curls last. You want to do your toughest heavy compound movements first, and have your isolation exercises (such as curls) at the end of your workout. It's the way to go. Keep it up man.

Goodwinm
05-04-2006, 03:40 PM
Hey man, just noticed your journal. Looks like you're progressing nicely... especially on the back work. Good stuff.

I'd also recommend doing your curls last. You want to do your toughest heavy compound movements first, and have your isolation exercises (such as curls) at the end of your workout. It's the way to go. Keep it up man.
thanks man! :) I am very happy about my back work. and yes ill put curls last in my workout from now on.
Thnks all for the advice on curls :)

Goodwinm
05-06-2006, 11:32 AM
Im gonna get totally *BURNED* in tonights workout! I really feel like it! Watch this space! hehe.

Saturday 6th May 2006

Okay, before I start typing my workout for tonight i'd like to tell you why I felt so urged to workout. Well basically its my gf. I miss her so damn much! So I used the emotion usefully in my workout! hehe. Damn I feel so huge right now! Still sweating!! I use my gf as my inspiration in my workouts anyway, but tonight was extra sepcial. Still miss her so damn much still tho.
Well. on with the show. :)

Workout *Included some Dumbbell Lunges tonight, ill keep this in cuz I wanna give legs some extra work.*. *took out bicep curls, im not sure if i need them.* *didnt do one handed dumbell bench pres either, dont wanna get too bored of them* Will add dumbell bench presses in tomorows workout.

Military Press

6 x 110
5 x 119
3 x 123
3 x 128
1 x 132

Not overly pleased with these. But i really tried hard. I pushed myself to get that 132lb up. (Ill keep on plugging away at mil presses tho. Im gonna progress :)

Dumbbell Lunge (left, right, left right etc)

Warmed up thighs with 15 reps of a 22lb dumbbell

3 x 70 (each hand)
3 x 70 (each hand)
3 x 70 (each hand)
3 x 70 (each hand)

Wow these really did work my legs.well im not surprised really. Lunging with a total of 140lbs of steel. As well as my own bodyweight.
Boy did these burn! Loved it! gave my forearms a little roasting too :D

BB Bent Over Row

6 x 150
6 x 158
3 x 167
2 x 176
2 x 185

(Im pleased with these. Really pushed myself once again with these. Hannah on my mind all through workout!) Followed these straight up with my deadlifts! haha! NO PAIN. NO ****ING GAIN!

Deadlifts

6 x 198
6 x 198
6 x 198
6 x 198
6 x 198

Wooo!! **** yeah!! totally roasted!
Heart rate straight after workout was 192bpm.
Even though i was roasted, i was so pumped I gave the punch bag a total hammering to finish off. A super 30 second power punch frenzy. Superb workout! Im totally loving it! and totally loving my Hanny :)

A question to anyone else on these forums. Do you use your partners/girlfriends as inspiration for working out?

Regards
Mike G.

K.Huget
05-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Hey man it's great to see you hitting the military presses so often. Keep that up and you'll be hitting bodyweight in a couple weeks. We are both about 15-20 pounds off of a bw military press so you better watch out because this is war.

pinky8713
05-07-2006, 12:08 AM
I don't use my girlfriend as inspiration in the weight room.. maybe because i don't have one lol. Girls in general though are definitely great motivation. :thumbup: Good workout bro.

I'm just curious - Are you ever planning on buying a bench?

Goodwinm
05-07-2006, 02:35 AM
Hey man it's great to see you hitting the military presses so often. Keep that up and you'll be hitting bodyweight in a couple weeks. We are both about 15-20 pounds off of a bw military press so you better watch out because this is war.
bring it on! hehe. I dont jus wanna hit bodyweight mil press. I wanna hit 2 x BW mil press :P. And I will achieve it too! hehe. Well maybe a 1.5 x BW mil press.

I don't use my girlfriend as inspiration in the weight room.. maybe because i don't have one lol. Girls in general though are definitely great motivation. Good workout bro.

I'm just curious - Are you ever planning on buying a bench?
Still planning on buying one..... Cuz I havnt the money. Im relying on my dad to buy it for me. So until im working again, thats my only hope. Once I have a bench I can really hit my pecs with a good ROM.

Edit: Wow this morning my thighs are real tight. Hams, glutes and quads. From those lunges last night! I think next workout to burn legs even more I mite do some one legged dumbell squats.

Goodwinm
05-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Tuesday 9th May 2006

A late workout tonight. neverthless, a very good workout. With a new PB in! get in!

Workout

Military Press *finally, my shoulders have stopped being grumpy basterds!*

6 x 115
6 x 119
4 x 123
3 x 128
2 x 132
F x 154 (I was really energetic after the last set. And i really wanted to get a bodyweight Mil Press. I cleaned the weight up good. but i just couldnt push it the whole way. Arms got stuck about halfway through the pushing motion. :( I will get it soon Shred!! hehe.

DB bench press

*finally got two dumbells so didnt have to do one handed presses! My dad came to help me get the other dumbell in the correct position. So. Made a lil mistake on the first set. Put 75's each dumbbell. And should have been 70's so thats why it looks a bit strange.

75 x 3 (lowered, was a bit too much at this stage)
70 x 6
70 x 7 (dad pushed me to go for a 7th rep)
70 x 5
70 x 5

I loved using two dumbbells. Made it feel like i was workin so much harder.

Dumbbell Lunges

*not working too well on these* I probs need to lower weight. My dumbbells are too bulky for this exercise. i have to use 10kg plates each side. Bumps into my legs and distracts me.

70 x 3
70 x 3
70 x 3

BB Bent Over Row

*Have gone up in my routine now* Back is stronger than ever*!!

6 x 154
6 x 163
4 x 172
3 x 180
2 x 189 (PB)

Megga pleased with these! back felt very strong, an almsot perfect ROM too!
Straight into deadlifts once again!

Deadlifts

I didnt feel like doing my 5 sets tonight. I wanted to just go all out and work my back for a longer period of time. So i jsut went with 2 volume sets.

15 x 198
10 x 198

My back is now suing me for GBH lol.
Super workout on the whole, im very pleased, and my back feels great! Ive decided to trash bi curls. Whats the point? lol. They get burnt enough from rows anywayz.

Mike G.

Edit: Wanted to just add something else here. Damn today has been full of workouts!! lol. First the workout i posted above.
Then 10 minutes later afte i'd showered and got changed and all that stuff, I had my second workout by vaccuming all the house. "2 flights of stairs, 3 floors to vaccum, and we have a white haired dog, tough as ****" I was sweating so much! It really is hard work vaccuming 3 floors of carpet with dog hairs deep into the carpet!
3rd workout I Cycled all the way to my gf's. about 4-5 miles in 18th Gear!
4th Workout. Cycled all the way back! in 18th gear!

Ttoally shattered. Amazing day for workouts! no wonder im not gaining any weight. I underestimate how many calories im actually burning! :D

pinky8713
05-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Hey good work man. With your dedication, you're gonna have insane gains when you can finally get a bench and stuff.

Goodwinm
05-09-2006, 03:27 PM
Hey good work man. With your dedication, you're gonna have insane gains when you can finally get a bench and stuff.
thanks man! truley appreciate the feedback :)
Yes. When I get a rack and bench and stuff i'll be sorted. I aint never giving up!! Nothign can stop me! hehe. (unless i die). but even then, my soul will still be lifting those damn weights :P

Coke
05-10-2006, 05:13 AM
Dad is cool for lending a hand during those db flat bench presses, super effort and drive on the millies - sweet session.

Goodwinm
05-10-2006, 04:01 PM
Dad is cool for lending a hand during those db flat bench presses, super effort and drive on the millies - sweet session.
Cheers CoCoa! Those words mean alot to me. i really do work my lil ass of! Yer my dads a dude! I'll only be doing two arm dumbell floor presses if he's around. If he aint around ill stick to one arm, cuz theres no way i cud get 70 pounds up each arm. Considering im on the floor too. It would be very difficult and would probs end in injury, or much worse.

Goodwinm
05-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Thursday 11th May 2006

Been a really busy day today. Straight ater school had to go home, get changed and out to buy new shoes, a tie and a shirt for my School Prom tomorrow nite! I cant wait!! :) :) By the time I was ready to workout, It was like 9 ockolcok PM, and i wasnt gonna go banging around in my garage until 10:30 so i thought id do a pumpped up workout in my room. Just using bodyweight and a bullworker. Still got a tremendous pump and a super workout!
Can hardly move my arms!! lol

Workout

warmed up with light intensity on bull worker. Just to get the blood flowing in triceps and chest, and most of the upper body.

Triangle Push ups (Palm over other hand)

BW x 15
BW x 15
BW x 15
BW x 11
BW x 11

Damn first three sets burned a bit. last two sets really gave triceps and chest an almighty blast!

Followed these straight up with a speed normal push up in one minute.

Speed pres ups in one minute

BW x 33 (not too bad considering the total tri/chest raping 10 seconds earlier)

Horizontal Floor Push Ups Lying face first, with palms spread out beside body. Lifting chest off floor, and repeating. (these are hard, and hurt)! lol

BW x 5
BW x 4
BW x 4

and to really kill my arms.....

One arm push ups

Right. BW x 3
Left. BW x 1

DEAD! lol. but wait! thats not all.......... (as the pathetic gym equipment advertisiments speakers say)

Bull Worker - Front arrow pulls *really squeezing traps as I pull*

Bicep Push Ups (hands facing as far as possible toward feet, in the press up position)

BW x 15
BW x 15
BW x 11

And thats the lot! Chest and Tri's maxed out! lol. And all with bodyweight and a bullworker. (its what I started with before weight training)
I felt hgue pumps throughout workout!
I bid any of you people to try this workout, as it truley truley burns the body!

and if your feeling totally amitious. Throw in some handstand push ups at the beginning of the workout. (not half way through, cuz its almost impossible, as triceps are totally hammered)

K.Huget
05-11-2006, 10:20 PM
That's pretty awesome considering you don't have a bench. Good job man

Goodwinm
05-12-2006, 01:30 AM
That's pretty awesome considering you don't have a bench. Good job man
Cheers man!

Coke
05-12-2006, 04:27 AM
That is the way bro - keep the blood flowing and get pumped up!! Have a great time at the Prom.

Goodwinm
05-12-2006, 08:56 AM
That is the way bro - keep the blood flowing and get pumped up!! Have a great time at the Prom.
Double thanks!! hehe. I cant wait! i mite post pictures if you people are lucky ;) hehe.
only 3 hours til it starts!! I can jus see Hannah (gf) running around like a headless chicken right now, getting her hair curled, dress on, nails done. Alot of effortt :) . Shes gonna look amazing! :)

Well tonight is a hot and cold buffet, so im just gonna eat as much as I can! mmmm little pork sausages! gotta love em!

Goodwinm
05-14-2006, 05:18 AM
Sunday 14th May 2006

*Felt GREAT!. Need i say more?*

Workout Very Pleased with every aspect of workout today!!

Military Press

6 x 115
6 x 119
4 x 123
3 x 128
2 x 132
F x 145 (halfway) dang nabit! hehe

DB Bench Press

*Oh yes, did some heavy lifting today! Dad helped me again with dumbbells. (my saviour) hehe.*

6 x 70's
6 x 75's
3 x 79's
2 x 84's
1 x 88's (PB)

(super db benching or me. im well proud of myself! 40kg in each arm. Oh yes! Watch out ronnie! ill be on those 90kg's in no time! :rolleyes:

BB Bent Over Row

6 x 154
6 x 163
5 x 172
4 x 180
3 x 189
1 x 198 (PB) *YES!! GET IN!!* haha! 90kg row finally did it!! Thats all the weight i have. Really is time to invest in more plates! Cant believe Ive beat my old PB by 9lbs!

Felt awesome after the PB going straight into Deadlifts. Really pushed my back with deads todayy.

Deadlifts

198 x 10
198 x 10
198 x 10
198 x 6
198 x 6

DAMN! Pleased with these basteds!! I wanna get all 5 sets on 10 reps. That would be one hell of a PB!
All in all. Superb workout! Feel great right now!

K.Huget
05-14-2006, 11:56 AM
Lots of PR's, nice man! Too bad about that military press, even though I kind of breathed a sigh of relief when I saw it haha. Nah, I'm just kidding I really hope we hit bw at the same time that would be awesome.

Goodwinm
05-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Lots of PR's, nice man! Too bad about that military press, even though I kind of breathed a sigh of relief when I saw it haha. Nah, I'm just kidding I really hope we hit bw at the same time that would be awesome.Thanks! :) and yes indeed it would!! Not too far away I am hoping. Just a quick question Shred. Can you do a handstand pushup?

Coke
05-15-2006, 05:12 AM
Pretty good deads video with high reps!! Happy to see the weights flying up for you man - :thumbup:

Goodwinm
05-15-2006, 05:11 PM
Pretty good deads video with high reps!! Happy to see the weights flying up for you man - :thumbup:
Thanks for the input and stopping by CoCoa :)

HILL
05-16-2006, 03:17 AM
workouts are looking good man definatly time to invest in some more weight

Goodwinm
05-16-2006, 03:13 PM
workouts are looking good man definatly time to invest in some more weightI definatley agree with you! Thanks for the input :) and a big thank you to everyone who has given me input sincei started this Journal. Really does spur me on, and keep me motivated! *THUMBS UP*!

Tuesday 16th May 2006

*Super workout once again!* Man my Mil Presses are getting big now! im so proud! hehe :)* *Gives thumbs up to my dad*

Workout

Barbell Military Press

Upped the work rate. Shoulders have grown in size and strength! :)

6 x 119
6 x 123
4 x 128
3 x 132
2 x 136
1 x 145
1 x 150 (PB)*real push from my dad helpd me get this up***** YES!*
F x 154 (omg so close to a BW Mil Press!)

Videos of the 150 and 154 mil presses below.

150lbs Mil Press http://www.youtube.com/v/IF96cbK1olw
154lbs (almost) mil press. http://www.youtube.com/v/Irg3SN_02is

gotta love my dad talking in the background, preparing me.
Michael Goodwin 68 kilo's.. lmao

DB Bench Press

Once again. Dad chipped in to help on these. (Cheers pops)! Upped the starting weight. Not sure if good or bad. But chest got a pump nontheless

6 x 75's
4 x 79's
1 x 84's
1 x 84's

*possibly start from 75's next workout* I think tri's were quite hammered from mil presses me thinks.

BB Bent Over Row

not too bad. Got a bit confused with these. I left a 5kg plate off one side of the bar, and only noticed later on in the Rows lol. ******. I was wondering why the hell my left arm felt like it was puling more weight up....

6 x 154
6 x 163
5 x 172
3 x 180
2 x 189

Back and bi's felt tremendous. Straight into my hammering deadlifts once again.

Deadlifts

198 x 10
198 x 10
198 x 10
198 x 7
198 x 6

Woo! Added an extra rep on that 4th set! Totally drained after last set though!!
All in all. I am extatic about the Mil Presses! Next Workout i'll get that damn 70kg up, and will beat you Shred!!you will be eating my dust! haha! *preys you dont have a BW Mil Press at this moment in time*

K.Huget
05-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Ahh I was so excited to see those videos but they aren't loading for me man. I'll have to try again later, awesome job though.

Goodwinm
05-17-2006, 12:59 AM
Ahh I was so excited to see those videos but they aren't loading for me man. I'll have to try again later, awesome job though.
cheers man!!Im still in a state of shock to be hoenst! lol awww thats too bad! damit. Hope you get to see them soon!!

Coke
05-17-2006, 05:49 AM
Big workout bro, taking care of business up in here.

Goodwinm
05-18-2006, 01:54 PM
Thursday 18th May 2006

Ill!
Ive got an absolutley herendously painful stomach bug which has totally drained me today. Theres no way I can workout tonight, so best thing to do is just rest.
Ive got a damn Citezenship exam tomorrow morning aswel, so i rele dont wanna be ill for that!

Im very upset that i cant workout tonight, and im even more upset that i coudnt properly snuggle my gf. (who is also under the weather). So just hoping I will be better for tomorrow. :)

Stumprrp
05-18-2006, 04:36 PM
sorry about the bug man! good mil presses dude thats probley more then i can press lol, does your dad lift?

K.Huget
05-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Get better man, and good luck with that exam.

Goodwinm
05-19-2006, 01:01 AM
sorry about the bug man! good mil presses dude thats probley more then i can press lol, does your dad lift?
Cheers dude :) Feeling alot better this morning. My body just needs energy now. (waiting for triple decker cheese and ham sandwich to finish grilling on george foreman grill).
My dad doesnt lift no. Not anymore. When he was in his 20's he used to be very much into it. But he is very strong, and he is a beast! and He does karate. he's 5ft 8 and 189lbs. He has alot of strength with endurance. I remember a few years ago when he could do 72 press ups in a minute! He was ****in pumped! lol.

Get better man, and good luck with that exam.
Thanks on both accounts man! :) Well im alot better this morning thnx. Just feelin a little fragile in my stomach!
Cant wait to workout on saturday! BW Mil Press here i ****ing come!! lol

pinky8713
05-19-2006, 01:19 AM
It's good to hear that you're feeling better bro. Your lifts have been killer lately. I'm gonna try to watch one of those videos, but i'm not sure if i'll be able to on this dial up.

Keep it up man!

pinky8713
05-19-2006, 01:25 AM
Haha, that's a kickass video man. Nice lift.

Goodwinm
05-19-2006, 02:27 PM
It's good to hear that you're feeling better bro. Your lifts have been killer lately. I'm gonna try to watch one of those videos, but i'm not sure if i'll be able to on this dial up.

Keep it up man!

Haha, that's a kickass video man. Nice lift.

hehe cheers dude!!
Feeklin a lil beter now :) stil got a jippy stomach tho. :(

HILL
05-20-2006, 03:32 AM
sorry to here about the stomach probs. hope it gets better soon

Goodwinm
05-21-2006, 02:06 PM
sorry to here about the stomach probs. hope it gets better soon
Thanks man. Stomach feeling alot better now. Havnt worked out since Tuesday! :(

Friday 19th May 2006

Had exam in the morning. 1 hour and a half, ****ing ****! Citezenship, as if i give a ****! oh well.
Felt ok (just fragile)
Did not workout. Hardly ate anything all day. Tried to keep water intake up though.

Saturday 20th May 2006

Didnt have time to workout lol. (felt alot better though) Went to bed on friday at about 10:00 - 10:30. So had a good all round sleep.
Later on in the evening I took Hannah out for a meal to celebrate our anniversary and spent the night with her. we've been togethor one year now :)!!

Today, Sunday 21st May 2006

(Officially a year ago today, Hannah and I started dating :) )

With Hannah all day relaxing, eating and playing great old playstation one games. (Spyro the dragon, Crash Bandicoot 1 & 2) hehe. I'll have to get back to working out tomorrow morning. (not in school til afternoon, so I can look forward to getting back to the pumping!! Oh i have missed pumping iron!

Goodwinm
05-22-2006, 04:56 PM
Monday 22nd May 2006

Okay, so I had some time this morning to get myself back in the swing of things.
Felt real good after this mixed up workout.

Barbell Military Press

6 x 119
6 x 123
4 x 128
3 x 132
1 x 136

Wow. its amazing how fast my mil press strength dropped. I couldnt even get two reps of 136. Well, over it. Cant wait to smash these mils agen!

Barbell Front Lateral Raise

Thort i'd just switch things up a little bit. Was feeling adventurous.

6 x 53
6 x 53
6 x 53

these tired my shoulders quite good. felt really good after doing them. Might keep these in for added shoulder burn. :)

BB Bent Over Row

Just did one set of these, and then did T-Bar Rows.

6 x 154

T-Bar Rows

10 x 158
10 x 158
7 x 158

I really do like T-Bar rows. Really does burn the biceps! They were SWOLLEN after doing these.

After the rows, I had a real urge to put some heavy ass weight on my dumbells and play around for a bit. I started with throwing a dumbell to my shoulders with two hands. Did this for 3 sets. Was very good. My whole body was worked in this excercise. It is similar to the atlas stone thing.

Two arm to one Dumbell power snatches

4 x 123
4 x 123
4 x 123

these realy burned my body, shoulders felt knackered after doing them!
Followed these up with some one arm dumbell deadlfits.

Just messed around with these. trying to see what I could lift. I easily put up 132lbs in each hand for reps. Did about 6 each. Could have done more but didnt have too much time in my hands (just dumbells) haha im funny. okay not really so bye bye.... If I had some 20kg plates to put on my dumbell id do that, cuz then i wreckon id be able to do dumbell deadlifts with about 75-80kg (165-176) per arm.

Okay so that tops off today's workout. Oh yes forgot to mention the huge pump i had at the end. I was furious! I totally beat the **** out of my punch bag (gloveless), I was so rageful it was great. I hit it so hard and fast that my rage just got the better of me and i was literally ripping the bag from the wooden beams where it was chained. Got a loevely rip on my knuckle now! hehe

K.Huget
05-22-2006, 09:39 PM
Ahhhh! That's terrible news with the mils but i'm sure you'll have it back in no time. I like the attitude too, sometimes you just gotta beat the **** out of the punching bag. Be careful with the knuckles though, next time you want to box you might regret it.

HILL
05-23-2006, 01:51 AM
yeh man uve been ill dnt owrry about it. the strength with be back in no time

Goodwinm
05-23-2006, 04:25 AM
Hill, Shred. Thanks!
just conditioning my knuckles a bit.

Coke
05-23-2006, 07:01 AM
Wow, you took a lot of $hit on and was extremely hardcore with it, lol...damn good workout!!

Stumprrp
05-23-2006, 07:04 AM
great workout goodwinner! i have a new one for you to try...

take a dumbell loaded with about 50 lbs to start which is very light, do a 1 arm clean up to the shoulder and press it overhead 1 armed, its a tremendous workout, and makes you feel like a WSM lol.

Goodwinm
05-23-2006, 11:15 AM
Wow, you took a lot of $hit on and was extremely hardcore with it, lol...damn good workout!!

ahh cheers man :). Well, i never pussy foot around when it comes to a good old school workout! ;)
great workout goodwinner! i have a new one for you to try...

take a dumbell loaded with about 50 lbs to start which is very light, do a 1 arm clean up to the shoulder and press it overhead 1 armed, its a tremendous workout, and makes you feel like a WSM lol.Oh yes i know thats some damn hard work! Ive done them before, but never thought about them really, but thanks to you i think i might include them again at some point! Ive done them before and i know how much they rape the body. I remember doing it with a dumbell of around 31kg (68lbs) and that was some tough $hit! .
Thanks for the input guys :) all of you!!

for tonights workout, if i dont get time to do one. Im giong to my nans with my dad to rip out some old fencing. Should be pretty tough. Now that is what all weight training and pumping is useful for! :) Helping out your old nanna. Nothing better than that hehe.

Goodwinm
05-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Tuesday 23rd May 2006

Had little time tonight to work with but i managed to get a very heavy sweating workout! Thanking stumprrp who encourage me to put one arm snatch and presses into my workout. Ive now included them and after tonight I really love them! hehe. Im definately gonna keep them in to strengthen my shoulders! Did them with some heavy ass weight aswel *grins* (heavy ass weight for me that is) Probs peanuts to most other people, but hey ho, im loving them. Maybe these wil help my mil press skyrocket also!

Workout

One arm DB snatch and presses. R = Right, L = Left

6R 6L x 48 (very light) felt very good though. set me up for heavier.
6R 6L x 53
6R 6L x 57
6R 3L x 62
3R 1L x 66
2R 1L x 70
1R FL x 75 (Wow, surprised myself with my right arm, didnt think I could shoulder press that much with a dumbbell!) hehe.
FAIL R and L x 79
(maybe next week... or teh week after...

Bent Over DB Row (two dumbells) felt like a change from BB all the time :) Felt nice too!

6 x 88's
5 x 88's
4 x 88's

Bearing in mind my back was very much savagly beaten from the one arm snatch and presses!
All in all, a super workout!! My back is shouting abuse at me at the moment! But it will thank me in the long run :)

Thanks again Slumprrp

Stumprrp
05-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Great work man! 80lbs is where i stopped also, great workout isnt it?

Goodwinm
05-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Great work man! 80lbs is where i stopped also, great workout isnt it?
cheers!
It sure is a great workout! I think after a few workouts with these babies ill be hitting some serious weight! I wanna be able to one arm snatch and press my bodyweight...... :D :D :D which is currently 154lbs..... *purposely rolls eyes*

Edit: I spose a good thing about these is i can clean the weight up, and not necesserally press it all the time. Meaning i can clean say... 88lbs which i can, but not press it, just push a little and then lower it down again. You could call it, near partial dumbell snatch and pressing i spose.

Stumprrp
05-23-2006, 03:56 PM
lol i made a huge 100lb dumbell out of my friends old weights and bars and tryed to do it after i had a big workout but i failed misrably, it looked so manly too with 2 weights the size of 35's on each side on a rusty bar, haha.

Goodwinm
05-23-2006, 04:02 PM
lol i made a huge 100lb dumbell out of my friends old weights and bars and tryed to do it after i had a big workout but i failed misrably, it looked so manly too with 2 weights the size of 35's on each side on a rusty bar, haha.
lol. Yer thats the thing i love about playing with lots of plates each side, looks damn impressive! Ill have to try that tomorrow morning! ;) I can get 56kg (123lbs) safely on my dumbell including the weight of the dumbell. So im gonna have fun! lol. I can do it double handed. i wonder about one handed hmmmmmm. Might be a little too hard, dont wanna injure my damn self. Ill try with 100lb tomorrow and post back my result hehe.

getfit
05-23-2006, 04:04 PM
thanks for the props sunshine :) you iz strong :D

love the sig! :D

Goodwinm
05-23-2006, 04:08 PM
thanks for the props sunshine :) you iz strong :D

love the sig! :D
hehe no probs, and thanks :)
Gotta love Bill Bailey!! (the guy who said about the post modern vegeterian)

HeavyBomber
05-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Wow, nice one arm snatch and presses!

Sensei
05-23-2006, 05:44 PM
So, did you snatch the DB up and then lower it and do a press? Hardcore - nice job.

HILL
05-24-2006, 01:39 AM
workout looking good mate keep it up

Goodwinm
05-24-2006, 01:54 AM
So, did you snatch the DB up and then lower it and do a press? Hardcore - nice job.
Cheers man. To be honest i find it easier to do it that way. Obviously its harder to snatch the weight up, but when i lower and press it gives a little more motivation to press the weight. Will be doing these again in about an hour or two :D

Goodwinm
05-24-2006, 02:10 AM
workout looking good mate keep it up
Thank you very muchly! :)

Goodwinm
05-24-2006, 04:38 AM
Wednseday 24th May 2006

Great morning! Im well and truley pumped after this mornings workout! I can hardly type this **** up man!! Gotta type it up quick. Got my GCSE P.E Exam this afternoon at 1:30.

Workout

Dumbbell snatch + Press

6r, 6l x 48
6r, 6l x 53
6r, 6l x 57
6r, 4l x 62
4r, 3l x 66
2r, Fl x 70

Wow, my form felt awesome with these!! My snatch is higher than what I can press, so I carried on doing just One armed dumbell Snatches until fail.

One Arm Dumbbell Snatches

1r, 1l x 70
1r, 1l x 79
1r, 1l x 84
1r, Fl x 88 (PR) :)

I was gonna try 92 with my right but I decided against it. I know I can get 92 lbs up with my right arm. Love these! Feels great flipping that much weight over my head! Will hopefully be able to press that 88lb one handed one day lol.

Bent Over DB Row

6 x 88's
6 x 88's
4 x 88's

DB Farmer Walk. (0.5m steps)

40 steps x 88's
40 steps x 88's
40 steps x 88's (had to stop after 30 steps. left hand grip gave out on me, finished off good though)

DB -by the side- Shrugs

*just to totally punish forearms, dont think shoulders rele benfited from these. Weight was too light for them, but certainly worked my bloody forearms!*

6 x 88's
6 x 88's
6 x 88's

To some it up. OMG. lol. My back really is aching good!! It was a nice change to have a totally dumbell workout! I think I might keep alternating between barbell and dumbbell so i dont get bored. (not that I would just doing barbell, cuz I love lifting weights, but a change is nice, and keeps the muscles guessing) all in all. great workout. And i think im on the verge of putting some very big numbers up. Im well proud of myself! hehe
Keep beating previous records. its all good!

Coke
05-24-2006, 06:14 AM
Super db work with everything man, like them farmer's walks, rowing, and snatch/presses.

Goodwinm
05-24-2006, 04:35 PM
Super db work with everything man, like them farmer's walks, rowing, and snatch/presses.
Cheers CoCoa! :) Yer those snatch presses have opened a new door of muscle building for me. I can really feel my whole core being worked, its awesome!

On a side note. Ive been having quite a seriously painful pain (grammer?) in my feet recently, whilst doing these heavy compound lifts. The pain is absolutley excrutiating. Its in the middle of both feet on the outer and inner parts.

Im not sure what it could be. I train in my normal squash shoes, which i have done for months and months before now. I still work through the pain cuz i want to finish my sets. Im not too concerned, as simliar things like this have hapened before and goen away after a while, it just bugs me that i dont know what it is. lol.

If anyone could shed any light i'd be very greatful! :)
Cheers
Goodwinner

Stumprrp
05-24-2006, 05:56 PM
great workout dude, SNATCH and press hardcore, i do clean and press lol.

Goodwinm
05-24-2006, 05:59 PM
great workout dude, SNATCH and press hardcore, i do clean and press lol.
hehe cheers man! im only 30kg off a bodyweight Snatch. Id love to be able to do that!
Clean and pressing is good man! try the Snatch and press ;)

Stumprrp
05-24-2006, 06:08 PM
i guess i will but snatching isnt really my thing, i cant drop under without either A) falling back or B) knees going first.

Goodwinm
05-24-2006, 06:16 PM
i guess i will but snatching isnt really my thing, i cant drop under without either A) falling back or B) knees going first.
well as soon as youve got the form right with the correct balance you should be fine! :)

getfit
05-24-2006, 06:31 PM
holy crap, i just some of your vids, you look solid as ever!

Goodwinm
05-25-2006, 02:33 AM
holy crap, i just some of your vids, you look solid as ever!
which vids? and thanks for the compliments :) Im still 11 stone (154lbs) @ 5ft 6. Hardly any body fat, so I know I can bulk and not gain too much fat :). 180lbs is what i'd like to be at, with the same bodyfat as now.

getfit
05-25-2006, 02:40 AM
the ones you posted in members pics!

Goodwinm
05-25-2006, 02:46 AM
the ones you posted in members pics!
ahhh. hehe. makes sense ;)

damn those deadlifts really did work my back!

Also got videos somewhere on this thread of me mil pressing.

Goodwinm
05-25-2006, 05:24 AM
Thursday 25th May 2006

Rest Day
Just eating eating eating and revising for GCSE exams.......

Although I went into the garage warmped up and did a few overhead squats (for the first time ever) I suck at them lol. My max at the moment is 110lbs. Ill try again later tonight though.

Skinny Fat
05-25-2006, 09:43 AM
Some great lifting in here - nice work, man! I just saw your deadlift video, too... I have to say, getting close to BW pressed overhead is awesome. From the strength in your milly video, I'd say you're not far from 1.5xbw!

Goodwinm
05-27-2006, 02:30 AM
Some great lifting in here - nice work, man! I just saw your deadlift video, too... I have to say, getting close to BW pressed overhead is awesome. From the strength in your milly video, I'd say you're not far from 1.5xbw!
Cheers man! :thumbup: :D
Well I wudnt say I'll never get a 1.5BW mil press. I think its very much possible!

Goodwinm
05-27-2006, 04:50 AM
Saturday 27th May 2006
Workout

Dumbbell Snatch + Press

Upped the worlkload on the snatch and presses:D felt great! man I was pumped this morning. (well iwas listening to Lordi and Alterbridge. awesome!

6r, 6l x 53
6r, 6l x 57
6r, 6l x 62
6r, 3l x 66
3r, 1l x 70 (PR)! never been able to left handed press 70 before! :)
1r, 0l x 79 (PR!!) **** YES! I was so pumped after getting the 70 up with my left hand, thay I just thought **** it, and stuck 9lbs extra on and tried it! I got it with my right. Didnt even attempt with my left. hense would have died.
I was still pumped after this and i went for a ludicrously ambitous snatch and press of 84lbs with my right hand. Didnt get it lol. I managed to nudg eit back up after the snatch tho.

OH Squats Rele wanted to get higher than 110, so i through them in here.

6 x 66lbs
1 x 132lbs PR **** YES!! ( a little wobbly but i managed it!) Surprised my shoulders were co-operating after those draining snatch and presses. Probs to Sensei for the tip of pulling the bar apart when its overhead. Really helped alot! Hopefully will get to a BW OH Squat soon enough!

BB Row

6 x 167
5 x 176
3 x 185
2 x 194
1 x 198

Some good rowing here. I really think my back is getting HELLA stronger!

Finshed up striaght into - with my first ever go at - SLD'LS, and wow, they are quite tougher! lol

SLDL's

198 x 6
198 x 5
198 x 5
198 x 5 (Changed grip to double overhand, felt more comfy)
198 x 5 (Double overhand grip)

Wow, really felt good doing sldl's. Was strange though, that normal deadlfits for me it feels more comfy with mixed grip, but SLDL's felt more comfy with double overhand. Anybody else find this? anyway.
A great workout, sweating buckets as usual! SO now time for a nice warm shower! See ya!

Coke
05-27-2006, 07:27 PM
Keep doing what you're doing, you can't go wrong with pr's in the mix...sweet effort.

HILL
05-28-2006, 04:13 AM
Everything is looking ave man congrats

Goodwinm
05-28-2006, 04:53 AM
CoCoa, HILL.

Cheers guys! :) thanks for hanging out in here. means alot. really does!
and thanks to everyone else looking over my Journal.

Goodwinm
05-28-2006, 07:37 AM
Sunday 28th May 2006

ddint work out today. Just wanted to try some heavy weight lifting. WAnted to get a BW Mil Press.
Well Shred. Sorry "Huge" I got it today! hehe. And im very proud of myself! and got a video to prove it!

Hack Squats

I absolutley hate these! lol. So damn arkward, and rip my calves. i rele cant wait til i have a rack!

10 x 110
10 x 154
6 x 198
6 x 198

Military Press

Warmed up with some lightweight dumbells.

1 x 154!!! oooh yes!!! :D get in there! BW Mil Press!!
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OluSBh_6kfo

Barbell Push Press

2 x 158 (wow. pretty surprised i could do this)
2 x 167 (Okay wtf lol. 76kg! Cleaned and pushed over my head! W000t!) lol
Video of 2 x 167: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmDDEu8V9rc

Finished up with some more Mil Preses

Military Press

10 x 110

Im well pleased! hehe!
No workout tomorrow. Going to Alton Towers with gf. (Theme park)

Coke
05-28-2006, 06:14 PM
U may learn to like hacks later on - hanging tough in the meantime...I'd be pleased too with the millies & push presses.

KevinStarke
05-28-2006, 07:48 PM
Real strong lifting man awesome videos, next time around you should lock out the pushpresses though. Is it cold over there man because those are some deez gloves.

Goodwinm
05-29-2006, 01:05 PM
U may learn to like hacks later on - hanging tough in the meantime...I'd be pleased too with the millies & push presses. Im sure ill begin to like them at some point, Its just that I cant seem to get the form right with them., and plus the ggrevation of hitting my calves.

Real strong lifting man awesome videos, next time around you should lock out the pushpresses though. Is it cold over there man because those are some deez gloves.
Cheers man! :)
its absolutely freezing man!! lol. And have no heater in my garage. I rele shud get me some Lifting gloves.......
and yes, next time I will definately lock those ****ers out! hehe

Stumprrp
05-29-2006, 05:43 PM
getting really strong in here dude!

K.Huget
05-29-2006, 06:23 PM
Awesome to see the bw military press man

Goodwinm
05-30-2006, 02:49 AM
Stumprrp - Cheers man. Its great to be getting stronger and still be the same weight. I like having a high lift to bodyweight ratio. Hopefully I can keep the same ratio when my bodyweight increases.

K.Huger - Thanks man! Yer im really chuffed to bits with it! Now its the road to a 1.5 x BW Mil Press. :D (which would currently be 231lbs) I will get it!

Goodwinm
05-30-2006, 05:30 AM
Tuesday 30th May 2006

A decent workout. Got some good numbers up.

Barbell Push Press *weight cleaned up for start of every set*

6 x 136
4 x 141
3 x 145
2 x 150
1 x 154

Felt good with the push presses. Rememberd to lock them out this time. Shoulder will thank me for it.

BB Bent Over Row

6 x 167
5 x 176
4 x 185
3 x 194
2 x 198 ( seriousley burnt back) :D

DB Pull Togethors

*warm up with 20 press ups*

*start in press up position on dumbell each hand, slowly move arms outwards to the side, so nose few centimetres from floor. Return to starting position* these burn!

x 4 After this set, my chest was screaming at me. Try do these. They work, chest, shoulder, everything in upper body. great core builder!

DB Side Lateral Raises

8 x 13's
6 x 22's
4 x 26's
4 x 26's

DB Pullovers (floor)

6 x 26's
6 x 26's

That finishes up a different kind of workout for today! Felt like a change. So I changed it.

Anthony
05-30-2006, 05:38 AM
Looks like your overhead pressing is coming along nicely!

Goodwinm
05-30-2006, 05:40 AM
Looks like your overhead pressing is coming along nicely!
Cheers man! It is. Im aiming for a 1.5 x BW Push Press In the near future. And i WILL get it :D

Stumprrp
05-30-2006, 05:51 AM
when you do rows, what angle do you keep your back?

Goodwinm
05-30-2006, 05:57 AM
when you do rows, what angle do you keep your back?
I try to keep my back just (10-15 degrees) above paralell to the floor.

Coke
05-30-2006, 05:58 AM
On a roll with it dude, stuff is looking good all over.

Goodwinm
05-30-2006, 06:03 AM
On a roll with it dude, stuff is looking good all over.
Cheers CoCoa! :)

Stumprrp
05-30-2006, 08:09 AM
cool dude, just wondering since i used to do mine at like 45* and would use a ton of body english so my PR of 300 x 6 is really a joke, lol. doing then at a complete 90* with 205 is a huge difference.

trainin today?

Goodwinm
05-30-2006, 08:35 AM
cool dude, just wondering since i used to do mine at like 45* and would use a ton of body english so my PR of 300 x 6 is really a joke, lol. doing then at a complete 90* with 205 is a huge difference.

trainin today?
Sure does make a difference dude!! but even with body english. 300 x 6 is pretty impressive. ;)

Yer already trained today.
Go back a page.

Stumprrp
05-30-2006, 08:53 AM
oh i see! good workout, your making good progress even with the little equipment you have! do you use a specific routine or just do what ever?

Goodwinm
05-30-2006, 09:02 AM
oh i see! good workout, your making good progress even with the little equipment you have! do you use a specific routine or just do what ever?
My routine is there is no routine! lol.
I do what I feel benefits my body best. I like to change things around in my workout, to stop me from resenting working out, which I would truley hate to be the case.

Stumprrp
05-30-2006, 09:20 AM
thats cool dude i understand, you know all of the good exersizes so thats good, just BB rows and OH presses can build a great bod!

Skinny Fat
05-30-2006, 10:25 AM
Great work! You're moving some serious weight.

Goodwinm
05-30-2006, 04:45 PM
Stumprrp - Yep, as long as I make progress with it, I dont see a problem with it :D

Skinny Fat - Cheers man! Your workouts looking awesome too! 135 x 5 x 5 on the push presses. Great stuff!

Goodwinm
05-31-2006, 04:55 AM
Wednseday 31st May 2006

Okay, Im officially a ******! lol. All set to do some pumpin this morning in my garage, and Ive lost my garage key. No diea where the **** its gone lol.And havnt got a spare in the house. So hmm that cud be a problem. So I had to just manage with bodyweight stuff again! Damit! lol. Had a super 10 minute workout nonetheless. i did a Crossfit/WOD type thing.

Workout

Time Limit: 10 Minutes
Exercises: Press ups and Squats (as many as possible in the time limit)

Round 1: 50 press ups, 50 squats
Round 2: 15 press ups, 50 squats
Round 3: 15 press ups, 30 squats
Round 4: 15 press ups, 30 squats
Round 5: 15 press ups, 30 squats.
Total: 110 press ups, 190 squats.
Overall Total: 300 Points. (gotta beat this next time)

Damn (Quads really burning after this Workout! can hardly work. (oh ****! ive gotta bike it to my gf's in about 20 minutes!)
This was a really fun workout too! I might include these more, because I love competing with myself!
(im quite pleased with the first round of the workout. I did 50 pres ups in 40 seconds.) My best in a minute is 72. But I will never get that again lol. Hmm 110 press ups in 10 minutes. I wreckon thats alrite.

HILL
05-31-2006, 05:27 AM
looks good mate, god way to improvise when all else fails

Goodwinm
05-31-2006, 05:30 AM
looks good mate, god way to improvise when all else fails
Cheers man. Yep I could never miss a workout totally If there is a chance to have one. And in my opinion if my heart rate isnt between 180 and 200 im not working hard enough :P lol.

Stumprrp
05-31-2006, 05:43 AM
always getting the job done bro, whats your first name?

Coke
05-31-2006, 05:58 AM
My routine is there is no routine! lol.
I do what I feel benefits my body best. I like to change things around in my workout, to stop me from resenting working out, which I would truley hate to be the case.

Sounds super to just go in and do whatever, whenever...sooner or later though you will still have to be structured or use a basic guideline. Meanwhile, great way to go about it dude, being real spontaneous and all. Sweet rounds.

Goodwinm
05-31-2006, 04:43 PM
always getting the job done bro, whats your first name?
Cheers man.
Its Mike :) And what is yours?

Cocoa - Cheers man, and yes Its good for a change up in workouts, but as soon as I get all my proper kit togethor, I will be sticking to a pretty solid routine. Once i get my Rack and Bench, things will start to go very serious indeed, and especially as I will be joining the British Powerlfiting Congress in the coming months!
I really need to start on squats and get back into the swing of Bench pressing, and also get a max deadlift. Its not fair! lol.

Stumprrp
05-31-2006, 04:47 PM
im rob, nice to formally meet mike! NOW GET TRAININ!! lolol

Goodwinm
05-31-2006, 05:03 PM
im rob, nice to formally meet mike! NOW GET TRAININ!! lolol
lol.
Nice to meet you too Rob. I hear ya man!!! *Screams loudly* right bak at ya 2! too bad its my rest day tomoz!! *damit, im doin reivsion tomoz. how very boring.

Where abouts you live? Im guessing the US?

Stumprrp
05-31-2006, 05:22 PM
yep, in the US, i dont anyone on this forum is from my state either lol.

Goodwinm
05-31-2006, 05:26 PM
yep, in the US, i dont anyone on this forum is from my state either lol.
lol.
Well I live in the UK..... so not very close to you at all. I might see you at a PL meet one day perhaps?
Just looked at your stats in ur sig.
damn your a big guy for 5ft 7 @ 197lbs!

Stumprrp
05-31-2006, 05:28 PM
lol possible power meets, yeah i guess im big? not big enough thats why im bulking and im still 18 19 %, lol. after cutting 80 20-30 will be no problem.

Goodwinm
05-31-2006, 05:32 PM
lol possible power meets, yeah i guess im big? not big enough thats why im bulking and im still 18 19 %, lol. after cutting 80 20-30 will be no problem.
sweeet stuff. Well, im 5ft 6 just about, and at 154lbs I wreckon if i gained another 20-30lbs id be a pretty damn beasty piece of **** lol.
If you bulk to 220 you will be a monster! Just keep doin them Mil Presses!! ;)

Stumprrp
05-31-2006, 05:46 PM
Mil Presses For Life!

Goodwinm
05-31-2006, 06:08 PM
Mil Presses For Life!
:D :D :D :D:strong: :strong: :strong:

Goodwinm
06-01-2006, 04:45 AM
Thursday 1st June 2006

Decided to not rest today! I think i owed it to myself to workout today due to yesterdays coffuffle (spelling?) of losing the garage key. (turned ouy my dad had left it in his car when he went to work).. Oh wel on with the show. Solid workout for me again. Feeling good. Shoulder's a little ached, think i tweaked something.

Workout

Military Press

6 x 123
4 x 128
2 x 132
2 x 136
1 x 141 (yer Im okayish pleased with these)

BB Bent Over Row

6 x 163
6 x 172
6 x 180
4 x 189
3 x 198 (PR)
2 x 198

Fookin yes! Shouted Smoke Rock before workout, must have been what gave me the extra rep on 198! hehe (Cheers Kev)

Straight into deadlifts once again, but today I was sick of 198lbs and nothing more. So I did some One Arm Barbell Deadlifts with lighter weight. Worked well! Damn its harder tho. Especially to keep the bar balanced!

One Arm Barbell Deadlifts *all with an overhand grip*

132 x 6r, 5l
141 x 5r, 3l
150 x 3r, 1l
154 x 1r, 1l
163 x 1r, 1l

Wow. Different! Felt good too. So I did 163lbs with right and then left. so Double that, can give me a rough estimate of a deadlift i know i can do. Which would be 326lbs. So that was after a workout. Im starting to get quite excited about what my max potential is now!! hehe. I wreckon in a couple of weeks, i'll be able to do 80kg (176lbs) one arm deadlifts Which would equal about 352lbs. hmmmm. Its all good for now!

Stumprrp
06-01-2006, 05:38 AM
getting serious dude! sick 1 handed deads and bo rows

Coke
06-01-2006, 05:40 AM
That is right bro, on with the show - everything is looking great up in here...the one arm bb deads look hellacious, lol.

HILL
06-01-2006, 05:41 AM
good workout dood and congrats on the pr keep it up

Goodwinm
06-01-2006, 06:02 AM
Stumprrp - Thanks man! I really did myself proud today. Those one handed deads are murder! lol

CoCoa - Thanking you man! Yer the one armd deads are hellacious! I think it requires more strength, when one side starts to dip lol. Forearms were blazing!

Hill - Cheers!! More PR's where that came from :D!

Goodwinm
06-02-2006, 08:52 AM
Friday 2nd June 2006

*rest day*. Just did a little bit of punch bag work. Got a short video of some of the punching i was doing. I love how outraged i get! lol. Just smacking and tossing the bag around!
I really needed to release some agression!!

Goin a little pyscho: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlGvU5h8q08

HeavyBomber
06-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Gotta love bent over rows... good work on that PR. Bent over rows have played a major role in getting overall dead lifting capacity up.

Goodwinm
06-02-2006, 11:26 PM
Gotta love bent over rows... good work on that PR. Bent over rows have played a major role in getting overall dead lifting capacity up.
Cheers man :). Yes I have found that by doing Rows, repping on 198lbs is getting easier and easier. So thats why im doing one arm barbell deadlifts.

KevinStarke
06-02-2006, 11:29 PM
Fookin yes! Shouted Smoke Rock before workout, must have been what gave me the extra rep on 198

You know it son

Goodwinm
06-03-2006, 05:03 AM
Saturday 3rd June 2006

Workout

*rotator stuff*

Barbell Military Press

Getting pissed off with this now. Im just not getting anywhere. Ill jus have to keep trying to get those extra reps....

123 x 6
128 x 4
132 x 2
136 x 2 (just about)
141 x 1

Ill keep mil presses in the loop cuz i love them, but Im gettin quite annoyed about my shoulder strength. Mil presses are the only area where my strength seems to go up and down like a yo-yo.

BB Bent Over Row

**** yes!

163 x 6
172 x 6
180 x 6
189 x 5 (PR) yes, gotta get 6 reps soon!
198 x 4 (PR) had to go for the 4th!! hehe
198 x 2

Loving teh Rows!! I need more weight!! lol

One arm Dumbell Deadlifts

Man, my hands just didnt want these today lol. I tried and failed. after teh 1st set! how pathetic.

132 x 6r, 4l (this was a struggle)

So i thought, oh **** it, ill jus go straight into speed deads instead!

Speed Deadlifts

High volume workout.

198 x 3 x 17 (17 sets! Christ! lol) (with next to no rest between sets)
198 x 6 (to finish off)

Damn back is tight as ever now.

Solid workout! Im pleased enough.

Stumprrp
06-03-2006, 05:52 AM
solid workout mike, very nice rows, you should get some videos up for us of them!

Goodwinm
06-03-2006, 05:57 AM
solid workout mike, very nice rows, you should get some videos up for us of them!
Cheers man :D
Yer I should. I think ive got some rowing videos. But I discarded it from my fone because it was bad form, my head was down. I try to keep my head looking in front of me, but sometimes it does slowly lower lol.
I think I did 10 reps of 132lbs in the video, so nothign special at all. now 4 reps of 198lbs. That would be a good video. :p although my form would look bad compared to the first set of 163 x 6

Stumprrp
06-03-2006, 07:13 AM
lol i hear you, form starts to get shakey at 6+ with rows no matter the weight for me, although im at a full 90 now.

Goodwinm
06-03-2006, 07:23 AM
lol i hear you, form starts to get shakey at 6+ with rows no matter the weight for me, although im at a full 90 now.
nice one man. 90 angle is the way to go hehe. ;). yer i have found that 6+reps on reasonalble weight does get quite hard. Well staying at that angle with weight is really putting stress on the back aint it?

Random: The weather is absolutley beautfiul outside!! its upwards of 24 celcius at the moment. hardly a cloud in the sky! it really is awesome. slapped on teh sun cream! Factor 8 lol. *burn me sun*!! lol. Time to get a really nice tan now to show off some definition :p

Stumprrp
06-03-2006, 07:27 AM
yee man have fun tannin

Coke
06-03-2006, 07:47 AM
Damn back is tight as ever now.

Hell, it ought to be...did great movements for the back, sweet pr on the bb rows. Hang tough with the millies - ;)

Goodwinm
06-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Hell, it ought to be...did great movements for the back, sweet pr on the bb rows. Hang tough with the millies - ;)
Stumprrp - Cheers man :) riding on bike soon. topless, hehe get all this tanning done. Hannah will thank me for it im sure :p

CoCoa - Thanks man! yer, was quite a toasted workout. Im gonna stick with my millies, Ill try not to let it get to me. Ill jus squeeze an extra rep from somewhere next workotu!!

Stumprrp
06-03-2006, 09:00 AM
i wish i could do that but my stomach overhang blows to much :D

DGabe24
06-03-2006, 09:08 AM
If you dont like mili press, maybe just try shoulder pressing? I did milies, but I felt too much tension in the middle of my upper back. I think shoulder pressing is just as good for the shoulders although it maybe not be overall effective because ur not standing.

Sensei
06-03-2006, 01:57 PM
You've been hitting the BB rows pretty heavy for a while now - you might think about upping the reps for a bit and then coming back down.

Looking pretty strong!

Goodwinm
06-03-2006, 04:27 PM
DGabe24 - I would do just shoulder pressing, but i dont have a rack to offload the weight from. But yes shoulder presses would be easier and i do find that mi lpresses do cause slight arkward pains sometimes in my back. (but i dont mind that so much)

Sensei - Would that be an effective strategy? Cuz if so, i might give it a try. So maybe up the reps an extra 3 or 4, . So maybe start with 8 reps of 167, and see how I do from there? Thanks for the input and support Sensei! and all of you guys :) :D

Sensei
06-03-2006, 04:34 PM
I think you need to mix things up from time to time. That's what periodization is all about. (IMHO) Eventually, you're going to hit some walls pretty hard if you don't plan out your training a little further than a week at a time.

Try at least varying the reps and/or some of the exercises from week to week and see how it goes.

edit: I'm definately not encouraging you to be one of those people that spends hours pouring over every detail to come up with the "perfect split/routine", but give it some thought.

Goodwinm
06-03-2006, 05:11 PM
I think you need to mix things up from time to time. That's what periodization is all about. (IMHO) Eventually, you're going to hit some walls pretty hard if you don't plan out your training a little further than a week at a time.

Try at least varying the reps and/or some of the exercises from week to week and see how it goes.

edit: I'm definately not encouraging you to be one of those people that spends hours pouring over every detail to come up with the "perfect split/routine", but give it some thought.Will do man :) cheers again for the input. Yer im not gonna spend lots of time to come up with a perfect routine, because It wud jsu be annoying and make me resent training. Ill think something up. :)

Patz
06-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Good workouts in here, man. You're a hardcore mofo!

That bodyweight millie was great. I escpecially like the announcer..ROFL..he sounded JUST LIKE every British announcer I've ever heard.

Goodwinm
06-06-2006, 12:48 AM
Good workouts in here, man. You're a hardcore mofo!

That bodyweight millie was great. I escpecially like the announcer..ROFL..he sounded JUST LIKE every British announcer I've ever heard.
hehe. Cheeers elwood!
Yes that very british announcer is my dad. He's a bit of a tit. lol

Sunday 4th June 2006

*rest*

Well I say rest, had a lovely two hour mini bus ride to London to watch the IRB Rugby Sevens finals at Twickenham. And what an awesome stadium it is! England got knockd out in the semi's as did the Kiwi's. Fijji won the cup final, which was a shock to me, seeing that New Zealand have won he cup final 5 years running!

Monday 5th June 2006

Would have worked out, but I went to my girlfriends in the morning to see her because i didnt see her at all on sunday, and she missed me and i missed her. So I biked it on up to hers, and stayed with her :) and then at 1:30 we both had Maths exams to go to. So we did those and then went back to hers for about 4:30. I stayed til about 10:40pm. So no workout!

Tuesday 6th June 2006

Should be hitting the weights tonight, Gotta make up for Monday's non workout! so watch this space!

Also. My bodyweight is extremely pleasing me at the moment. I want to get to just under 75kg (165lbs) do that i compete in the 67.5kg bodyweight lifting category. I think thats how it works. 67.5kg - 75kg?? in the BPC (Brits Powerlifting Congress)
Right now in the morning I just weighed myself, and i'm 11 stone 8lbs (162lbs) so just 3lbs to go! :) The reason I want to stay under 75kg is cuz in the BPC, the 16-17 age group for that bodyweight has a deadlift record of 160kg (352lb), which i wreckon i could beat!

Goodwinm
06-07-2006, 12:41 AM
Did not workout last night (Tuesday) Wanted to be with Hanny. :) will be with her tonight also, so I will probably be training on Thursday! But i have been thinking, why not have the whole week off, just to give my muscles total rest, and then hit the weights real hard on saturday or Sunday.

Saint Patrick
06-07-2006, 01:30 AM
17 sets of triples, damn.

Cheers to you for converting kgs to lbs for us yankees.

Goodwinm
06-07-2006, 07:08 AM
17 sets of triples, damn.

Cheers to you for converting kgs to lbs for us yankees.
hey no probs man ;)
and yes those 17 sets really did really work my back and grip. indeed damn! lol

KevinStarke
06-07-2006, 09:02 AM
Damn man engaged at 16, how long have you been together? I really do wish you the best and all but before you set a date i suggest you reallllllllly think about what your doing. I've been with my woman for almost 3 years now.. and it gets stagnant especially at our age man. Your still young... so many hot european girls... whyyyyy?

Coke
06-07-2006, 11:43 AM
Wish U well no matter what but you are just way too young to be so tied up into one girl imo...step up the sessions.

Goodwinm
06-07-2006, 04:50 PM
guys i understand that u think were too young, but We both are seriousley ready for the next step, and we have thought about it loads before i proposed! i really cant imagine being with anyone else and neither can she. We've been togethor 1 year and nearly 1 month.And been through the most tough times you can think of! Its not just the fact that we love each other. We are best friends, and share everything with one another, and are always there for each other. Its just amazing to be quite honest! :D You're all invited to the wedding by the way ;) hehe (whenever we decide to have it).

KevinStarke
06-07-2006, 05:02 PM
1 year... damn man thats not a long time but hey ya gotta do what ya gotta do right.

Goodwinm
06-07-2006, 05:05 PM
1 year... damn man thats not a long time but hey ya gotta do what ya gotta do right.
Well, it was long enough for us to fall madly in love with one another.

KevinStarke
06-07-2006, 05:09 PM
I fell madly in love with my girlfriend almost 3 years ago.. now... well...

Goodwinm
06-07-2006, 05:10 PM
I fell madly in love with my girlfriend almost 3 years ago.. now... well...
well what? lol.
another question
u got kids Starke?

WBBIRL
06-07-2006, 05:22 PM
Thats whack, I barely ever have converstaitions with females and your gonna get married??

Best of luck like the rest have said, but 16 would be WAY to young for me. At this point I wouldnt bet the house on me getting married at all, but I wouldn't have done it that early.. I wouldnt do it now at 19 and probably wouldnt consider it for atleast another 5-7 years.

Nice strength for a 16 year old though, for some reason I thought you were older..

Goodwinm
06-08-2006, 12:34 AM
Thats whack, I barely ever have converstaitions with females and your gonna get married??

Best of luck like the rest have said, but 16 would be WAY to young for me. At this point I wouldnt bet the house on me getting married at all, but I wouldn't have done it that early.. I wouldnt do it now at 19 and probably wouldnt consider it for atleast another 5-7 years.

Nice strength for a 16 year old though, for some reason I thought you were older..thanks man :)
Well, i think i ame older, cuz im a hairy faced ****er lol. I had a beard when i was 13, and sometimes ive been estimated at 25 years old! I dont think i act much like a 16 year old. sometimes but ive been brought up more mature than most people.

Coke
06-08-2006, 06:15 AM
What's meant to be is meant to be, I hope this is the case and I believe it is...it couldn't happen to a nicer guy!!

Goodwinm
06-08-2006, 01:24 PM
What's meant to be is meant to be, I hope this is the case and I believe it is...it couldn't happen to a nicer guy!!
awww cheers man! :D Means alot to me you saying that :)

Also, ill have a workout for you to read later tonight. as im about to go and pump some weight! hehe. For the first time since, Saturday i think. See how it goes. I feel pretty gr8 at the mo! Rele tanned too! Its scorching around here! Highs of 27 celcius today! even hotter tomoz!

Goodwinm
06-08-2006, 03:07 PM
Thursday 8th June 2006

Finally. A workout!!! hehe. Im back from my week of rest!! And going into my workout i felt pretty damn good aswell! foot pain has gone. The slight back pain when i do mil presses has gone when i did them tonight. Its all great stuff here!
Really bad headache now though. Im thinking that i wasnt breathing properly with the deads. Probs too much adrenaline wanting to pump the weight. Oh man its rele hurting! lol. Just gotta remember to push those breaths out.

*All lifts from now on are Raw* The bar was actually warm tonight! incredible. so from now on its no gloves and no chalk. Just bare hands. felt good too!

Barbell Military Press

123 x 6
128 x 4
132 x 3
136 x 2 (2nd rep not totally extended)
141 x 1

BB Bent Over Row *upped the ante on these. increased reps. Wooo!

163 x 8
172 x 6
180 x 5
189 x 4
198 x 2

I think increasing the reps is gonna help big time here!

Deadlifts

Oh man these killed me. Serious headache and nausia right now! Must be the heat!

198 x 8
198 x 8
198 x 8
198 x 8

all in all. a good workout i believe, and im pleased ive been off since Saturday and havnt lost strength at all. :D

Stumprrp
06-08-2006, 03:49 PM
nice lifting mike

Goodwinm
06-09-2006, 01:57 AM
nice lifting mike
thank you :) :D :strong:

Coke
06-10-2006, 07:09 AM
Good job there bro, got those major moves in the mix - ;)

Goodwinm
06-10-2006, 01:13 PM
CoCoa - Cheers dude :) Yep gotta keep major ones a priority, for me its Mil Presses, Rows and Deads. Soon it will be, Millies, rows, deads, squats and benching!

Saturday 10th june 2006

Okay then. Ive finally managed to add 4kg to my barbell! hehe. So now its up to a lovely 94kg (207lbs). I had to use different weight discs though, and i have to rele scew them onto the ends of the barbell or they keep fallling off :p. Oh well. good workout this evening! ****ing roasting in the heat!!

Workout

*I felt like doing some straight weight stuff today. No upping of weight, just keeping the same weight, for sets and as many reps as possible. I think It was a good mix up!* Its great lifting over 200lbs on the barbell! hehe.

Barbell Military Press *obviousley not over 200 on these. Cuz that would be insane*

132 x 5
132 x 3
132 x 2
132 x 2
132 x 1

Damn! lol.

Barbell Shrugs *just to do the traps a bit more*

132 x 8
207 x 8
207 x 8

Barbell BO Row

207 x 4
207 x 4
207 x 4
207 x 4
207 x 4

very pleased with the rowing! :D

Double overhand grip Deadlifts

207 x 6
207 x 6
207 x 6

Verdict: **** Yeah! :D

Coke
06-12-2006, 07:24 AM
You should be pleased with those bb rows and deads, and everything else as well man...fine effort Mike.

Stumprrp
06-12-2006, 07:26 AM
excellent bro, you buy some more plates?

HILL
06-12-2006, 08:07 AM
workouts lookin good. you really need some more weight

HILL
06-12-2006, 08:09 AM
dam man i didnt see the engaged thing i was away. congrats mate. also if you feel ready then you feel ready. i was with a girl for 3 and a half years then we broke up some tjhings are meant to be some arnt. I suppose engaged isnt married is it so you still not hung drawn and quarterd yet so to speak :)

Goodwinm
06-13-2006, 10:59 AM
CoCoa - Thanks man!! I am very pleased with my rows and deads. Its all goin pretty damn good at the mo! :D

Stumprrp - Cheers dude! And no i didnt buy more plates, i used some sand filled plates i had from some other dumbells i had. (they didnt fit on the bar properly so i had to really squeeze them on, so they acted as my collars :p)

HILL - thank u muchly dude! Yep i really do need to get some more weight! And cheers about my engagement! :D Everythings going awesome!

Well, i say awesome. Everything would be awesome, except i left my set of keys on the train 40 minutes ago!! damit! lol. Gotta ring Centro in the morning to ask what i need to do. But im not too upset over it. Why let it get to me?

Goodwinm
06-13-2006, 12:24 PM
Gonna Workout now! Watch this space!! :D

Workout *oh ****! I feel like ive been run down by a arctic lorry*!

Barbell Military press

123 x 6
128 x 6 (PR) w00t! how the hell? lol
132 x 3
136 x 2
141 x 1

Solid mil pressing! No half reps or push presses. all as strict as hitler.

Barbell Shrugs

141 x 8
207 x 8
207 x 8 Edited: Should have been 207 not 107.

Barbell BO Row

207 x 4
207 x 4
207 x 4
207 x 4
207 x 5 (PR) Really pushed to get a 5th rep!

(Wow the rows murdered me today, felt super!)

straight into...

Over- Under Deadlifts

207 x 8
207 x 8
207 x 8
207 x 6

*Holy ****! The deads just killed me totally!

Heart Rate after workout: 180bpm (pleased with this) Was working in the anaerobice threshold training zone!

gr8 workout I believe! Im on my way to repping a double BW Row! :D at the moment its a 1.3 x BW row. Well, al in all, im happy as larry (who the ****'s larry? Oh well, time for some water)

McIrish
06-13-2006, 01:19 PM
really freaking strong barbell rows bro, I'm really impressed. I can barely manage 120 :cry:

Getting married at how old?? Damn... my $0.02 is that if you're that serious about her, you can take things slowly and make sure it's the right call (what's waiting another 6 months to a year if you're sure she's the one for you?), but to each his own... good luck! :)

Goodwinm
06-13-2006, 01:24 PM
really freaking strong barbell rows bro, I'm really impressed. I can barely manage 120 :cry:

Getting married at how old?? Damn... my $0.02 is that if you're that serious about her, you can take things slowly and make sure it's the right call (what's waiting another 6 months to a year if you're sure she's the one for you?), but to each his own... good luck! :)
Cheers Mcirish! Im really pleased with my rows. Probs my best improvement in training. I swear its by following rows up with deads thats really strengthening my back. Hey man, dont worry about your current row, just worry about your future row. It can only get better through the right training!

And cheers wiith the props bout the marriage proprosal dude. Yep 16 and engaged. Might be 17 when we get married. Glad to see no peeps trolling our decision to get married. You peeps are sweeet on here!

Goodwinm

HILL
06-14-2006, 02:53 AM
workouts looking good man keep iyt up

Coke
06-14-2006, 07:15 AM
Damn dude, you are in love with such a heart rate - :D ...180bpm is awesome!! - great job, got 2 pr's in there.

KevinStarke
06-14-2006, 08:19 AM
Strong workout man great PR's. One question though... i just looked at your last 5 or so workouts and every single one is nothing but MP's, BB Rows, and some form of Deadlifts, whats with that? No squatting or benching?

Goodwinm
06-14-2006, 11:27 AM
Hill - Cheers dude :D Means alot!

CoCoa - Thanks man! yep i love having such a high heart rate. Thats when i know ive had a good intense workout.

Kevin - Gracias :). Yer no squats or benching cuz i aint got a bench or a rack to do it with.And it will be some time before I do get one. So for now its just doing what I can to gain strength. I'll have a shock when i actually come to doing bench again. I was doing dumbell floor benching for a while but then i stopped because i just didnt want to do it. (if i wasnt gonan do it properly there was no point doing it at all) which is why i definatley need a bench, but funds at the moment are at an all time low. And ive gotta save for other stuff.

Goodwinm
06-14-2006, 11:29 AM
Also. Got more weight for tonights workout :D (Hannah let me have a few of the 2kg plates i gave her (cuz she isnt using them at the mo) So now i have an extra 8kg to stick on my barbell :D

Was funny cuz i took the weights home with a dumbell. So i was carrying a 10kg dumbell all the way home. U shud of seen the funny loooks people gave me! lol.

Workout to come here. Watch this space!

Wednesday 14th June 2006

Workout

Added the extra weight to my barbell. So now i can have a maximum of 220lbs on my barbell :D and i put it to good use tonight!

Military Press *think i shud have left mils out today but whatever*

*warm up with 5kg plate in each hand, pressing overhead x 10*
123 x 6
128 x 5
132 x 3
136 x 2
141 x 1

Barbell Shrugs

No light weight, straight into heavy sets!

220 x 8
220 x 8

Barbell BO Row

211 x 4
211 x 4
220 x 4
220 x 4
220 x 4

**** yes! Damn Ive finally got into the triple figures on rowing (in KG that is, hense 220lbs is 100kg) :D

Striaght into....

Over - Under Deadlifts

220 x 8
220 x 8
220 x 8
220 x 8

*Still need a **** load more weight!*

Video of 3rd set of Deadlifts here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqBO30EbB3s
back is toasted after this workout!! I feel awesome once again! :D

Im real pleased with Rows and Deadlifts!! 100kg rowing is just astounding me. And now ive got 100kg to deadlift with, Im only 60kg off of beating the BPC (British Powerlifting Congress) 16-17, 67.5-75kg deadlift record!! And i wreckon i can easily hit 160kg for at least one rep! Feeling real good right here!

For a list of the records, click below.
http://www.britishpowerliftingcongress.com/mens%20british%20records.htm

Hopefully when im a member i will be entering into the 16-17, 67.5kg - 75kg class. as currently i weigh 72kg give or take a few pounds.

its quiet weird if u look at the BPC records though.
the 60kg weight class 16-17's deadlift record is 180kg, and the 67.5kg weight class 16-17's deadlift is 20kg lower. hehe. So obiovusley i wanna keep above 67.5kg. But i bet theres a 16-17 year old member who can hit over 180 jus to piss me off :p

Goodwinm
06-15-2006, 02:51 AM
Thursday 15th June 2006

*rest Day* Back in need of a good rest. Spending the day with my fiance :) I'll just eat like a mo fo today.

HILL
06-15-2006, 03:04 AM
lol get the food into you son. workout looks good and get some more bloody weight lol

Goodwinm
06-15-2006, 03:16 AM
lol get the food into you son. workout looks good and get some more bloody weight lol
i hear you man! lol.

At this rate I'll have to be cellotaping anything heavy i can find to my barbell to add more weight! :p

Coke
06-15-2006, 06:10 AM
For some reason the over/underhanded grip on deads is very awkward for me and probably a good excuse for leaving'em alone, lol...you are hanging tough with it all and even bumping up here and there.

KevinStarke
06-15-2006, 09:08 AM
Strong workout man, nice video too.

Goodwinm
06-15-2006, 05:10 PM
Coke - Cheers man :). Strange that over- under feels arkward for ya. for most people its double overhand which is arkward.

Kev - Thanks man! Gonna be beating your DL record soon enough :p

WBBIRL
06-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Training the same movements every time will have your body "used" to them, eventually you'll have to change things. But great work anyways, and damn nice PR's... I think 207x8 would be hard for me.

Goodwinm
06-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Training the same movements every time will have your body "used" to them, eventually you'll have to change things. But great work anyways, and damn nice PR's... I think 207x8 would be hard for me.
cheers dude. yes a change around is needed. I do have change arounds on occasions, and i think tomrrow i will have one.
207 x 8 on what dude?

im now on 220 x 8 on deadlifts hehe.

McIrish
06-15-2006, 05:48 PM
really solid deadlifts!! Yeah, I don't doubt that if you can throw 220 lbs for 8 that easily that the record is within reach... take it slow and build up to it and you'll be there before you know it!! Let's see a video when you heft it up, scream "Lightweight!," and then throw a box of chalk all over the room! :)

Stumprrp
06-15-2006, 06:24 PM
"yeah Motha F*cka* Hahahah!

Goodwinm
06-16-2006, 01:01 AM
McIrish - haha Cheers dude! Yep i'll build up to that Lightweight :p

Stumprrp - **** Yeah! :D

Goodwinm
06-16-2006, 01:18 AM
Friday 16th June 2006

I was thinking of maybe doing a light "speed day" today. Would anyone else say thats a good or bad idea? Cuz ive been going extremely heavy with recent workouts. And ive seen that light days can help the body. And do the CNS some good.

HILL
06-16-2006, 03:17 AM
yeh theirs no reason not to mate

Goodwinm
06-16-2006, 03:23 AM
yeh theirs no reason not to mate
cheers dude. I think I wil do that then :)

Goodwinm
06-16-2006, 05:00 AM
Friday 16th June 2006

after a lovely 4 burger triple decker sandwich breakfast I was ready for a great intenset workout. With light weight of course. Thought id switch it up today.

Workout. Light, speed day

Military Press

Bar x 10

66 x 10
88 x 10
110 x 8

Wow was tough man!

Barbell Shrugs

110 x 15
110 x 15
110 x 15

Barbell BO Row

110 x 10
166 x 10
166 x 10
166 x 10

Alternating standing Db Bicep curl

31's x 10
31's x 5
31's x 4
31's x 3

I think too heavy for a light day. lol

Over Under Deadlifts

just did some BW deadlifts for my light weight on these.

158 x 10
158 x 10
158 x 10
158 x 10

Heart rate after workout: 180bpm
Still worked very hard even though on light weights.
Good workout and change of pace! :D

HILL
06-16-2006, 05:21 AM
good job man, i may do some speed work myself in the near future

Coke
06-16-2006, 06:34 AM
Wow Mike, you put the pedal to the metal with a great effort - plenty of reps going on...super breakfast sandwhich.

Goodwinm
06-16-2006, 08:25 AM
HILL - Thanks man! :) Yer speed stuff is pretty damn good.

CoCoa - cheers Coke! Yer these high reps really punish! I could feel my Back and Bi's screaming after the workout today. And that sandwich was awesome! plenty of brown sauce in there aswel. Tasty ****er!

WBBIRL
06-16-2006, 03:41 PM
207 for reps on BB Rows, that would be a workout for me right now lol

Goodwinm
06-16-2006, 03:48 PM
207 for reps on BB Rows, that would be a workout for me right now lol
lol. Well its some tough ass ****. and 220 x 4 totally murders me!

Goodwinm
06-18-2006, 05:57 AM
Sunday 18th June 2006

Workout

Chest/Bi'/Tri (thought id jus target these areas today!)

Pres ups

20 press ups warm up. (normal pace)
With 22lb plate on back x 20
With 44lb plate on back x 12 (could have done more, bag fell off my back)
With 44lb plate on back x 11 (same thing happeend again, got pissed off, moved on from these)

Barbell Bicep Curl

Tried somethin different with bi curls. I copied what Ronnie does in his on the road dvd. reps for just lower bicep, then reps for just higher bicep then reps for full rom. Damn these are hard!

66lbs x 7 (lower)
66lbs x 7 (higher) (**** this hurt)
66lbs x 4 (full rom) Damn me! i couldnt manage 7! This rele burns the Bicep!

66lbs x 4 (Lower)
66lbs x 4 (Higher)
66lbs x 4 (full rom) Bi's pumped!

Dumbell Bicep Curl

did the same thing with the db's. Just one set.

26's x 4 (lower)
26's x 4 (higher)
26's x 4 (full rom)

Biceps burning!

Floor JM press

Rele wanted to do some chest pressing, so I balanced barbell on some things so i could do a lil bit of Jm Pressing. Nothing heavy, didnt wanna be pinned under some real heavy weight lol.

110 x 8
110 x 8

Wow, triceps felt pretty good after this. Didnt wanna go higher though. Got a good feel for the JM press tho.

Behind neck Tri extensions with one dumbell

22 x 10 *just to get in the swing of it*
48 x 6
48 x 6
48 x 4

Dumbell standing french press

31's x 5
31's x 5

Standing DB Bicep Curl

26's x 8
26's x 8

Press ups *to totally finish off my tri's

set of 16 press ups straight off.

Stumprrp
06-18-2006, 06:40 AM
nice arm workout dude.

keeping a good strict angle on those rows bro? getting damn strong on them!!
i showed my friend the row at 90 degrees with arms tucked, he had a trouble with 115 for 8 reps!! lol, strong kid too.

Goodwinm
06-18-2006, 04:50 PM
nice arm workout dude.

keeping a good strict angle on those rows bro? getting damn strong on them!!
i showed my friend the row at 90 degrees with arms tucked, he had a trouble with 115 for 8 reps!! lol, strong kid too.
cheers man :)
Yup keepin an easy 90 degrees with the rows. I go lower most times! hehe.

KingWilder
06-18-2006, 05:01 PM
damn I wish I had the energy to do that much :(

I hate cutting, good job man

Goodwinm
06-18-2006, 05:08 PM
damn I wish I had the energy to do that much :(

I hate cutting, good job man
cheers dude! :) Wow i cant imagine ever cutting :p and I dont think I will ever cut anyway.

KevinStarke
06-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Nice workout, you should incorporate heavy cloor presses in to your workout to get some real good chest/tricep strength and size goin.

Goodwinm
06-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Nice workout, you should incorporate heavy cloor presses in to your workout to get some real good chest/tricep strength and size goin.
yup. i think ill be doing floor pressing more often now, cuz i hate neglecting chest!
I also hink i mite go higher, if I have my dad to lift the weight and give to me.
Then i wreckon i cud train with much higher weight!
Possible over 180lbs. (Hopefully he will be willing to keep lifting it and taking it after every set) :p

KingWilder
06-18-2006, 05:46 PM
did someone from the UK just say reckon' !?

I thought that was only something hicks and rednecks in the southern US said

haha, jk

Goodwinm
06-18-2006, 05:49 PM
did someone from the UK just say reckon' !?

I thought that was only something hicks and rednecks in the southern US said

haha, jklmao. i always say wreckon.
wreckon wreckon wreckon.
Now that word has lost all meaning.
wreckon wreckon wreckon wreckon wreckon wreckon........

clawhammer_33
06-18-2006, 06:24 PM
Good workouts, couple questions

1. You have 1150+ posts and you don't squat?
2.You workout at home?

KingWilder
06-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Good workouts, couple questions

1. You have 1150+ posts and you don't squat?
2.You workout at home?

I'm pretty sure this (at least the second one) is because he's only 16

Goodwinm
06-19-2006, 04:10 AM
clawhammer - thanks :) and in answer to your questions

1) I dont squat because no squat rack. :( which leads into into number 2.
2) I workout at home because I cant afford/dont like/ isnt a good enough gym around here.

I will be purchasing a squat rack when I have the money, but until then, its all I can do for now. Believe me, If u could squat, I would squat! ;)

Goodwinm
06-19-2006, 06:01 AM

Coke
06-19-2006, 06:14 AM
Good chest and arm day, variety is the spice of life over your way my friend because that's a lot of stuff - ;)

KingWilder
06-19-2006, 06:19 AM
If you can do deadlifts you can certainly do BB Hack Squats...it's what I'm currently doing for Quad Dom. Leg day because I don't have a squat rack :(
luckily I'll be back up at school on July 10th and able to go back to reg. back squats

Goodwinm
06-19-2006, 07:08 AM
Good chest and arm day, variety is the spice of life over your way my friend because that's a lot of stuff - ;)

Cheers man! :) Yep I really enjoyed switching things up!

If you can do deadlifts you can certainly do BB Hack Squats...it's what I'm currently doing for Quad Dom. Leg day because I don't have a squat rack
luckily I'll be back up at school on July 10th and able to go back to reg. back squats

Well I can do HAck squats yes. But. I just cant nail the form on them. I either scrape my legs to **** or it just gnerally feels uncomfortable.

Goodwinm
06-19-2006, 07:12 AM
Monday 19th June 2006

Heavy Back/Leg Day

Workout

I cant beleive i just lost all i just typed FFS! lol.

do it all again now.

*super workout* Only leg stuff i did today was SLDL's. I would explain why i just cant do dumbell squats. But i alredy wrote it and then it dissapeared so i cant be bothered to say again! lol.

BB Bent Over Row

110 x 10
220 x 4
220 x 4
220 x 4
207 x 6 (just to burn back totally)

One Arm Dumbell Row

123 x 6
123 x 4
123 x 4

Two arm DB Row

88's x 6
88's x 6
88's x 6

Stiff Legged Deadlifts

220 x 6
220 x 6
220 x 6

Mixed Grip Deads

220 x 8
220 x 8
220 x 8

for once my back gave out before my grip!! Im astounded. I could have held the 220 for ages! But my back was really pulling hard to get the last two reps of deads up!! Super workout overall for me!!

Hear rate after workout: 174bpm (not as high as last workout but i still worked my ass off!)

Im glad my athsma is finally dying down a bit now :) My lungs just feel amazing! :D

HILL
06-19-2006, 07:50 AM
impressive one arm DB rows man keep it up

Goodwinm
06-19-2006, 07:55 AM
impressive one arm DB rows man keep it up
Cheers HILL.
Or as people around where i live would say...
Tar HILL :P
becasue Tar = Thanks (in Black country speak)

Im sure you'll sleep better tonight for knowing that.......
anyway.

If I had more weight i would have done two arm dumbell rows with 123lbs each hand. That would have been tough as hell! lol. I was watching a video on youtube.com the other day of this guy doing one ar dumbell rows with a 163lb dumbell! 74kg. which was awesome and also he said he could do 90kg for 10 reps!

No **** this guy is a beast!!
170kg Seated Rows!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YLMSG5fTY8

74kg one arm dumbell rows
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EY1oTewnnw

Tricep Pushodwns. 30 reps, 95kg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7whEf_YyOcI

This guy has some immensely strong triceps!

offhegoes03
06-19-2006, 03:11 PM
nice back/leg day.. strong SLDL's and regular DL's

Goodwinm
06-19-2006, 03:13 PM
nice back/leg day.. strong SLDL's and regular DL's
thanks man! :D

Stumprrp
06-19-2006, 03:22 PM
getting seriously strong bro, your catching up! i better get my game on :D that guy is really strong dude you look at his other videos?

Goodwinm
06-19-2006, 03:26 PM
getting seriously strong bro, your catching up! i better get my game on :D that guy is really strong dude you look at his other videos?
yes the game is on bizatch :p lol. hehe thanks man :)
And yer i looked at all those guys vids. He makes us look weak ass pussys lol.
Hes got some serious strength issues.

Stumprrp
06-19-2006, 03:28 PM
yeah, very impressive form also.

McIrish
06-19-2006, 04:38 PM
again, the rows make me wanna cut you in the middle of the night when you're sleeping! :thumbup: keep up the awesome work, GW.

Goodwinm
06-19-2006, 04:48 PM
again, the rows make me wanna cut you in the middle of the night when you're sleeping! :thumbup: keep up the awesome work, GW.
hehe. cheers man!
But what would killing me in the middle of the night do? I'd still be rowing 220+ in heaven. :D or Hell. Im probs going to hell come to think of it........

Stumprrp
06-19-2006, 06:54 PM
hehe. cheers man!
But what would killing me in the middle of the night do? I'd still be rowing 220+ in heaven. :D or Hell. Im probs going to hell come to think of it........

LOL!! jesus probley rows like 7pps

emjlr3
06-19-2006, 07:14 PM
those are some massive db rows, i can pull 225 on rows, but db rows i get stuck on 100s

nice job

Goodwinm
06-20-2006, 03:07 AM
Stump - haha. that he probably does!! :p

emjlr3 - Cheers dude :). Should be hitting the 132 on db's soon enough!

Sensei
06-20-2006, 03:45 AM
Rows are looking good!

Now, we just need to get you to a squat rack...

Goodwinm
06-20-2006, 03:54 AM
Rows are looking good!

Now, we just need to get you to a squat rack...
Cheers dude!
And yes We go need to get me to a squat rack! :D

Goodwinm
06-20-2006, 06:40 AM
Tuesday 20th June 2006

Rest Day

Just a little bit of cardio. cycling to Hannah's house. with a train journey in between, so in total today ill be doin about 6-7 miles on the bike. So Its a good day of cardio. better than nothing.

And also. Ive got a lovely few blisters on my hand today. Knuckkles downward. I dropped the lid of my george foreman grill and sandwiched my hand between the grills. (when it had just grileld my bacon) It burnt like a bitch! lol.
And nowive got some lovely blisters from it. But healing very quickly to be honset.

Coke
06-20-2006, 06:59 AM
Wow, that is an awesome day of cardio planned on the bike...all of the rowing and deads are lookin real good!!

Stumprrp
06-20-2006, 07:14 AM
nice man bike rides are really fun, when i was a fat turd believe it or not we used to ride EVERYWHERE, 10 miles a day at some point.

get some videos of the rows bro.

offhegoes03
06-20-2006, 01:37 PM
nice day of cardio.. holy **** that must have hurt closing your hand in the george foreman grill.

McIrish
06-20-2006, 04:27 PM
yeah hot damn, one time i looked at my george foreman and my hand still hurts from that... haha. hope you're healin up fast bro

Goodwinm
06-20-2006, 04:38 PM
CoCoa - Cheers dude! :) It can only get better :D

Stump - Yer i love bike riding!! It rele is awesome! I will get vids dont u worry my friend! hehe. Ive got a real ****ty video of me doing 100kg x 4 on rowing. But quality is crap, and my form is nowhere near brilliant. But ill post it up if u wanna have a yonder at it. ;)

offhegoes03 - thanks man :) And yes, hurt liek a biatch for a split second, then afterwards very sensitive.

McIrish - Yer im healin fast man thnks! :). But while i was sleeping las nite, i must of ripped some of the blister of my hand. And it looks quiote nasty!!

Goodwinm
06-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Okay. Cuz stump been askin bout it time and time again. here we have a video of me rowing ;)
Form is very questionable, but dont worry, I have improved on this form. I try to go alot lower now :)

enjoy. 220 x 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhCk88Ee3zU

pinky8713
06-20-2006, 05:28 PM
That's pretty close to the form i used to use on rows a couple months back.

Now i use close to no momentum when i row. Of course that means the weight i use now is a lot less than i was using a couple months ago, but i feel it's working better.

I'm no row expert haha. I absolutely hate trying to get row form down.

KingWilder
06-20-2006, 05:30 PM
shouldn't you try and keep your legs still and just use your back to pull the weight up?

Goodwinm
06-20-2006, 05:31 PM
shouldn't you try and keep your legs still and just use your back to pull the weight up?
yup! hehe.

KingWilder
06-20-2006, 05:32 PM
haha, either way 220 is impressive

Goodwinm
06-20-2006, 05:34 PM
haha, either way 220 is impressive
Well, i wreckon I cud do more than 220 now. And my form is now better than in that video. I try and keep legs as strict as possible. But some times, by pulling my back up my legs to tend to move too. The bastards! :p

clawhammer_33
06-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Great back/Leg day!

Watch the row form, keeping it tight is the real secret to improving on it...

Goodwinm
06-21-2006, 03:54 AM
Great back/Leg day!

Watch the row form, keeping it tight is the real secret to improving on it...
Cheers dude! :) Yep Ive gotta go real tight now when im rowing.

Stumprrp
06-21-2006, 04:32 AM
good work mike! thats exactly how i came up with 315 that day lol, looks good just try to get a tad lower and your all set my boy.

Goodwinm
06-21-2006, 04:37 AM
good work mike! thats exactly how i came up with 315 that day lol, looks good just try to get a tad lower and your all set my boy.
indeedage ;)
Next Back/leg workout i will nail those ****ing rows! lol.
Today is my Shoulder workout, so hopefully I can put some decent numbers up on Mil Presses. Cuz my mils (to me) are lacking. If only i had a rack, and a seat. Cuz i think If i could do seated shoulder presses with the bar, id be able to target them better than standing. but ill stop complaining and just grit my teeth and go through it! hehe :)

Stumprrp
06-21-2006, 05:09 AM
good luck