PDA

View Full Version : Comp.

TMC
04-24-2006, 07:40 AM
I participated in my first bench competition this weekend. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on making weight. I came in well under 165lbs at 163.5. I was nervous on my first lift and started low at 215. For my second lift I was not nearly as nervous and hit 225 much easier. I hit low and it went up fast. I dediced to move up to 235 but I hit high and it rolled back and missed it. I had a great time and can't wait to do it again. I am going to post some pictures to get some help with my form. I notice my grip is way too narrow and my arch is laughable.

deeder
04-24-2006, 07:53 AM
I participated in my first bench competition this weekend. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on making weight. I came in well under 165lbs at 163.5. I was nervous on my first lift and started low at 215. For my second lift I was not nearly as nervous and hit 225 much easier. I hit low and it went up fast. I dediced to move up to 235 but I hit high and it rolled back and missed it. I had a great time and can't wait to do it again. I am going to post some pictures to get some help with my form. I notice my grip is way too narrow and my arch is laughable.
Congrats bro! I'll be doing my first powerlifting competition next november!

Guido
04-24-2006, 02:48 PM
It was a RAW bench press comp I assume? Nice job. Congrats on getting in a meet. Getting officially recognized for the results of your hard work in the gym is a nice feeling.

KevinStarke
04-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Congrats man meets are the best. Keep at it, you'll soon be addicted.

diesel_dan
04-24-2006, 04:12 PM
My first meet was sweet. Has such an adrenaline rush, I think it helped me. My meets after it didn't seem like I was able to get the weight up as fast since I had already experienced one before. Oh well, none the less it was/is still fun.

TMC
04-24-2006, 06:47 PM
guido-the comp was RAW and drug tested. I think I may have been the tallest and thinest 165 ever. My chicken legs finally paid off!! I doubt they would waste a drug test on me. I can't wait to do a full meet and raise my pr.

drew
04-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Great job on your first meet TMC.

cphafner
04-24-2006, 07:59 PM
guido-the comp was RAW and drug tested. I think I may have been the tallest and thinest 165 ever. My chicken legs finally paid off!! I doubt they would waste a drug test on me. I can't wait to do a full meet and raise my pr.

I'll 2nd that! You are probably also the only powerlifter to run the Cooper River Bridge run. Good job on the comp. I told you your grip was too narrow, especially with your long arms. If you're ever in Charleston let me know. Maybe I can talk Homeyield or Issac into doing me a solid and checking out your form. How did Matt do?

Paul Stagg
04-25-2006, 05:50 AM
Fantastic! Great job on your first meet, and nice lifting.