PDA

View Full Version : Good martial arts books/dvd's?

diesel_dan
04-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Hey, I'm curious what martial arts books or dvd's members here at wbb have read. Something that is useful and teaches something. I'm looking to get some more books/dvds so any recommendations would be taken into consideration. Didn't do a search so I apologize if this topic has already been discussed. If that is the case I ask someone to please inform me so and direct me to the thread, then for a mod to delete this one.

Chubrock
04-24-2006, 06:04 PM
I'll be honest bro. If you are looking to learn something, you are much better off finding a place to train. There is so much that people purposefully leave out of dvds; little things that can make all the difference in pulling off the technique. Now that that's been said, I highly recommend Jacare's stuff. It's pretty expensive, but very in depth.

diesel_dan
04-24-2006, 06:26 PM
I don't put much faith in what I learn from books or dvds. I just like to read/watch stuff that is of interest to me and can possibly teach me something. Most of the stuff I learn from them I look up and find different ways of doing it or ask opinions on it from friends that know what they are talking about. Just to give me something to do. I plan on taking BJJ courses this summer. So going into it knowing more than nothing about the style will defiantly help imo.