PDA

View Full Version : Axatem was here (and still is)

Axatem
04-24-2006, 09:25 PM
K, quick notes so I can go to bed.

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 168 lbs

Maxes:
Bench: 185 x 2
Dead: 225 x 8
Squat: 225 x 3

Did those as max sets due to lack of a spotter. Next time...

Started WBB1 today. Kicked me hard, but I'm here now. Los!

Axatem
04-26-2006, 06:49 AM
I gotta get my diet in order. Seems that when I'm eating enough to gain, half of it goes right to my gut. I need to give it some time, but I gotta plow through the search for some tips, too.

Progress
04-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Good luck man. When I started WBBI I was a lot like you except my squats was much less. Diet is key but I take it you're bulking?

Axatem
05-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Yah, I'm pretty much bulking for now. I mostly mean that I need to cut out some of the Burger King and pizza for chicken and tuna.

Without any noticable increase in gut, I'm up to 172 now, so I think something's working now.

Oh, another incedental, I measured my arms today. They're just under 13.5 inches. Actually it wasn't a vanity thing that led me to do it, either. Apparently the blood pressure cuff on the machines at Target/Sam's/whatever are sized for the average arm. The average arm is apparently 9-13 inches. Over that, and the machine goes haywire. Last time I gave blood, my bp was normal 120/80 (I get nervous around the needles, at the doctor's office it's usually 120/75). On the little machine it was reading 156/74 since my arm size is now officially above average. Woot.

Axatem
05-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Well, today was... interesting.

I actually lifted really well. Went up on everything (except chins and dips, which are still body weight). Ran into a little trouble on Incline Bench, didn't have a spotter (my fault) and had to wait on someone to get a bar off me on a failure (failed on 8, so I still count the set as a success).

I apparently also ran a little low on blood sugar at the end of the day. After my shrugs I slammed my finger between the rack and a DB. Seventy-five pounds of pain. Broke the skin, but not the finger. It's a little swollen, but not changing colors or doubling in size. I got all my shrugs, just missed re-racking the weight.

All in all, worst damage was to my pride. I'm happy about the lifts for the day, but now everyone in the gym thinks I'm a little slow. Meh, only one or two people in there will actually be there next week anyway, and the ones that will have had days like mine.

I think I need to move Deads to Friday or something to get them away from bench. I think I'm hurting both lifts since I worry about running out of energy after one or the other. Next week....

Axatem
06-28-2006, 02:43 PM
I haven't updated in a while, so here goes.

I'm up about 10 pounds from when I started. Hovering around 178, but I'm cool with that for now.

Weights lifted have gone up significantly.

Haven't maxed bench or squat, but I'm hitting 185 and 225 respectively as the last set of a 5x5.

Maxed DL since I don't need a spot for that at 315; pretty happy about the 3 plates a side bit.

Taking a week off from lifting this week so I can run with my wife. We like it, can do it together, and I like to keep my endurance gears working. Probably going to alternate lifting and running for a bit and see how that works out. I know I won't get huge that way, but I should be one fit mofo.

TwiloMike
06-28-2006, 08:26 PM
Good to see you updating again. Nice DL numbers, btw!

rookiebldr
06-28-2006, 08:56 PM
Nothing wrong with keeping up the cardio as you lift. Your heart/lungs will thank you and when you want to do 20rep squats it really will be your legs that give out first. lol

Great progress thus far. :)