PDA

View Full Version : Dinner woes :(

Ironminded
04-25-2006, 10:04 PM
:cry:

So, I am having problems with my evening eating. I am solid throughout the day. However when 7pm rolls around I start to either get hungry, or worse; bored. I usually end up eating a bunch of food just because I am bored.

I have tried to keep my mind off things, and I have worked on cleaning out my fridge and cupboards, and I end up heading to the store to get something.

I need some suggestions on how to keep my mind off food in the evenings. When I was younger this was my problem, and what ended up getting me over-weight. Now I am so close to my goal, just another 5% bf or so and I am there.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Unreal
04-25-2006, 10:37 PM
Just get out of the house. I find when I'm hungry I just go out and do something. Goto the park and walk. Goto the Mall, call some friends. I'm a bored eater and if I don't stay busy just start packing the food away.

dissipate
04-26-2006, 02:51 AM
need to get something to occupy your mind....

i'm a chewer and was chewing on heaps on nuts while doing my uni assignments. didn't really have any specific BB goals at that time, so i decided to start cutting, calculated macro ratios, wrote out my meal plans etc. having meals planned for the day is helping me not chew nuts.

what was that with 7pm though? you're not allowed to eat food after 7?

J450n
04-26-2006, 04:01 AM
what was that with 7pm though? you're not allowed to eat food after 7?

Probably due to that over-baked theory that a person is less active after 7pm and therefore less likely to burn off foods, i.e namely high carb based foods, leading to fat gain. Personaly i find it rediculous that such a general claim in bought by many. Though it is a widely sold idea across the diet 'scene'.
(Not that this is the OP's situation).

Ironminded
04-26-2006, 07:14 AM
J450n83-
While it may be an overbaked theory it works for me. If I stay away from food in the evening, and try only to take in some protien later at night it helps me lose weight. I have tracked my progress and for me, ie not everybody but atleast for myslef, it works.

I do have something like a meal schedual, which gets modified when necessary. Sticking to it in the evenings is what is proving to be the hard part. I can't really get out of the house as was suggested because atleast right now evenings are the only time I have to study, working full time while being a full time grad student sucks like that.

Clifford Gillmore
04-26-2006, 07:26 AM
High Protein shake, spiralina, fluids.

Eat when you are hungry. I will eat at 11pm, 3am, 5am, 7:15am If I have too. I don't care for by the clock bs.

dissipate
04-26-2006, 07:11 PM
While it may be an overbaked theory it works for me. If I stay away from food in the evening, and try only to take in some protien later at night it helps me lose weight. I have tracked my progress and for me, ie not everybody but atleast for myslef, it works.

a clean diet and overall caloric deficit will help you lose weight. if not eating after 7pm makes you hungry and you eat food because of that, it's not helping you lose weight. it's actually better to eat throughout the day, even right before you sleep.

kad
04-26-2006, 07:25 PM
You could look into some sugar free jello mix (the powder stuff). It's got virtually no nutritional value, so you could eat it all day without worrying about a thing. I keep a bowl in the fridge for when I get cravings.