PDA

View Full Version : Best protein supplement for the money?

dangeroso
04-26-2006, 11:58 AM
Nitrean looks good, but is pretty expensive. Is there a better value out there for a good mixed source protein and calorie supplement?

DoUgL@S
04-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Costco carries Pro-Rated which is now a mix of fast and slow digesting proteins for $25 or so for 6 lbs, but its not as tasty and its chalky.

dangeroso
04-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Costco carries Pro-Rated which is now a mix of fast and slow digesting proteins for $25 or so for 6 lbs, but its not as tasty and its chalky.

I can fight through taste and texture to save money. Thanks for the tip.

Any others?

Unreal
04-26-2006, 12:24 PM
I've been using prorated from Costco recently because I'm broke and haven't made an ALN order in awhile. After using both I would say Nitrean taste better, mixes better, and has less carbs per serving because prorated adds some sort of rice junk to help digest. Sounds like cheap filler to me.

Eszekial
04-26-2006, 02:14 PM
if you can spare the money, go with nitrean.

I pour water on two scoops, swoosh it around the cup, and drink.

You're paying for quality and convenience.

Slim Schaedle
04-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Sportpharma brand at Sam's Club

$18

235orbust
04-26-2006, 06:43 PM
^^yesss, i use sportfarma weight gainer, 2 lbs for 8 bucks

Optimum08
04-26-2006, 09:16 PM
if you can afford Nitrean, then go for it, otherwise go with either sam's or costco stuff, your not gonna beat the prices there.

Jordanbcool
04-27-2006, 07:53 AM
if you can afford Nitrean, then go for it, otherwise go with either sam's or costco stuff, your not gonna beat the prices there.

I agree. Even though it seems like another gimmick to get you to buy their products from what i've seen everyone has totally supported all of "atlarges" products. I've heard nothing but good things coming from the people that use them. I actually plan on giving them a shot when my bulk comes up in June.

-jordan

Really i would always pay more for a better supplement then get a cheaper one. Its so hard to cut/bulk on poor tasting foods and thats what your usually paying for. Also more expensive products are typically better quality, easier to mix and way more conveinent not to mention tasting. If your strapped though go for the SAMS club stuff. Dirt cheap prices like the rest of their stuff.

Anthony
04-27-2006, 07:58 AM
Nitrean looks good, but is pretty expensive. Is there a better value out there for a good mixed source protein and calorie supplement?

Look at all the other blends compared to Nitrean and then you start to realize that the price is actually pretty damn good. Best value by far.

WORLD
04-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Ya I want to find a protein shake to use for some high calorie shakes 3 times a day... The expensive Iso-whey runs out quickly and there goes my $

method115
04-27-2006, 07:59 PM
I'm in the same boat I just can't afford to buy the expensive stuff. I graduate college soon and when I get a real job things should change but until I get my dad to buy everything I need at Sams.

Optimum08
04-27-2006, 08:14 PM
if your looking for a blend, and not straight whey, then you won't find a better price than Nitrean, if looking for plain whey then there are many less expensive sources all around.

WORLD
04-27-2006, 08:56 PM
if your looking for a blend, and not straight whey, then you won't find a better price than Nitrean, if looking for plain whey then there are many less expensive sources all around.

I figured there was, I just have to do some looking... I also dont want to buy one so cheap that it will give me the shiits or something.

arya202
04-27-2006, 10:58 PM
I thought it was all "whey powder"

I myself use the Trader Joes kind, it has all kinda of vitamins and stuff packed in.

235orbust
04-29-2006, 09:51 PM
Ill probably get flamed for this, but try eas 100% whey. Its cheap, 25 g per serving, tastes great, and I dont know much about the production of whey, but it is made by a popular company in EAS so it is probably good quality. No one buys it though, idk why....

Bob
04-29-2006, 10:10 PM
Besides Nitrean...
how about Egg Whites - in a carton? Cheaper then buying eggs by the dozen...