PDA

View Full Version : Time to buy groceries

stallion
04-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm in college and my meal plan just ran out, and this brought up many a question in my inquisitive head.

When you guys go grocery shopping (I'm assuming this is once a week) what do you usually buy and how much do you spend? Up until now I would go to the food halls that are all-you-can-eat and gorge down. Unfortunately I can no longer do this.

I'm specifically looking for insights from those that are not cutting--clean bulk or "dirty" bulk. Whatever.

Sooooo.....post up your usual shopping lists and how much they usually add up to. Thanks!:D

Stupendous
04-26-2006, 01:18 PM
I pretty much get what is listed here http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

I spend $450 a month on food. I eat like a king though.

Currently eating chicken marinaded in sherry, sesame oil, and black pepper. Cooked in my wok with mushrooms, red bell peppers, snow peas, and green onions. Yum.

getfit
04-26-2006, 01:27 PM
i spend enough,veggies,fruits,soy,milk,all sorts of nuts,natty pb,spices,bagels,eggs,cheese,jam,coffee,ice-cream,nutella,legumes,crystal light, etc...

stallion
04-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the replies so far.

Stupendous, I am well aware of that thread and refer many people there when they ask me what they should be eating.

What I wanted to know was EXPLICITLY what people bought on a consistent weekly basis. If I were to go shopping right this second I'd buy a lot of chicken breasts, lean beef, natty pb, cottage cheese, tuna, tons of grillable veggies, oatmeal, olive oil and nuts.

However, that would probably set me back a bunch, so I wanted to know what you guys do.

But thanks :) And keep em comin

Eszekial
04-26-2006, 03:18 PM
My first cut. Here's what I eat. Take it with a grain of salt.

I'm using the Diet in Built's profile. I've so far lost 19 lbs and i haven't even started doing cardio yet.

No noticeable muscle loss as of yet.

6"1 - 206. About 14% body fat.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=woshka

What would be on my grocery list?

Beef, chicken, fish. Brocolli, carrots, potatoes.

Organic 2% Milk. Natural / Organic peanut butter.

Casein Protein. Lots of eggs.

That's what i'd get.

HILL
04-27-2006, 01:47 AM
Missiles go if your bulking and straped for cash i would go with as clean as possible and what ever is on offer. Here in the uk their is always meat on offer some were and very cheap at places like lidle and aldi etc etc. Even in tesco their is always stuff on offer i would just buy lots of frozen stuff and fresh meats that are on offer. When your cutting it will be slightly different but i would have lots of protein powder and oats as this makes for cheap cals then whats on offer

Jordanbcool
04-27-2006, 06:52 AM
My shopping list

Large eggs- Probably 5 dozen

Chicken breasts- 12 Pounds

Steak/lean beef- As much as I can afford which is usually 4 quality steaks

Tuna- Countless cans, probably like 25

Cheese, Provalone, chedder- One package

Natural Peanut butter- small container

Turkey lunch meat- 3 lbs

Other then that theres usually plenty of other food around the house that my mother buys. This ranges from bread to dorritos. I've found myself eating alot of cookie dough lately. Helps me get some good (alot of) calories and fats. I dont consider it cheating at all unless I go over what i should have calorie-wise and if I dont get the macros im supposed to. Thats rare though. But yea, i just go to SAMS club and spend like $50-$100 every 2 weeks. The stuff there is in bulk so its usually dirt cheap for the volume of food you get. The other day i bought 12 pounds of GOOD free-range chicken breasts for $25. What a steal......And the 5 dozen eggs were like $5.

-jordan

sonofman
04-27-2006, 08:09 AM
6"1 - 206. About 14% body fat.

Are your calories alittle low? You and I are around the same size I'm taking in 2400, but I am doing cardio. I don't know I could survive on about 1800 calories