PDA

View Full Version : Eating too much fat in one session

the_hall
01-20-2002, 08:05 PM
Does it matter when I eat my fat? THe way my eating schedule works out (with school and everything), I usually get 20 grams of protien during a meal from all peanuts. The problem is that to eat enough peanuts to get 20g of protien, I also have to eat about 35g of fat also.

I know peanuts are a good source to get my daily fat from, but will eating 34g of fat in one session be harmful If I am on a clean bulk? Is there any greater risk that this will be stored as fat, than if I were just to get 14g of fat at once?

c_8nOM
01-20-2002, 08:25 PM
Fat won't become Fat on your body.....
It will just take longer time to emulsify and get digested.

34g of fat at once session is not that much.. however, it is always better for urself to divide those into several meals...
it will be easier for ur body to digest them ...

the_hall
01-20-2002, 08:29 PM
Yeah, I was thinking if I eat too much at once, there is a greater chance it will be converted to fat (im no expert on how the body breaks down fats and so forth).

So you think It would make a difference if in my fat gain while bulking if I eat 34g at once, every weekday?

c_8nOM
01-20-2002, 11:18 PM
Here's what happens when u consume fats...
if you eat fats, any kind of fats, your hormonal reaction to the fat will kick in and then it will secret bile from your liver(well gull bladder).. that bile will then emulsify the fat to increase the surface area and then lipase will absorb the energy...
all that process takes up to 6 hours..... not like Maltose which starts to break down in your mouth....

So here's my guess......
even if you take too much fat at one sitting, that fat will not get released into energy at fast rate which will give you time to spend that energy.... now the problem can be the CALORIES..
it's always Calories in Calories out.... because fats have twice as much as energy stored in the molecule than carbohydrates or protein, u have to watch out how much you eat at one sitting since you also have to consume certain amount of protein and carbohydrates for balance...

34 gram of fats would cost you around 300kcal.... and.... well dat's ... i bet more than half of calories what u will eat in one sitting......

dat's what u should watch out...