PDA

View Full Version : How's my FitDay lookin?

IHaveToCrushYou
04-28-2006, 02:18 AM
hey guys today was the first day of my 2nd attempt at cutting and I have finally put together a meal plan that I can actually stomach.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Edalgo

Dont pay attention to the calories burned part cause I think that is Fitdays biggest flaw (since it doesnt let you type in how many calories you burned running/on the elliptical, etc) but give me some feedback on the food macros.

Thanks

Built
04-28-2006, 02:21 AM
Please don't even TRY to figure out your expenditures - just track your diet and your weight. If you don't lose, eat less. If you lose too fast, eat a little more.

Is this to be your meal plan for every day, or for cardio-only days? How much cardio, and what is your lifting like?

IHaveToCrushYou
04-28-2006, 02:48 AM
Well so far this is my meal plan for every day in theory (since I just started using my barbecue today this is something I can stick with).

My cardio is gonna be 20 mins on my elliptical 3 times a week. I'd like to run on the trails around my house but I need new running shoes so once I pick up a pair I'll probably be doing 20 minutes of running 3 times a week. So pretty much 20 mins of cardio 3 times a week.

As for mylifting schedule I was gonna do your BGB but my buddy showed me his split and its somethin we can work on together. I'll post it here either tonight or tomorrow (depends on how fast i can write it up :)).

IHaveToCrushYou
04-28-2006, 03:11 AM
My lifting schedule:

Monday - Workout #1:
Flat Bench Barbell Press - 3x10
Incline Dumbell Flyes - 3x10
Seated Dumbell Shoulder Press - 3x10
Dumbell Shrugs - 3x10
Skull Crushers - 3x10
Triceps Cable Pressdowns - 3x10
Barbell Preacher Curls - 3x10
Hammer Dumbell Curls - 3x10
Crunches

Tuesday - Rest

Wednesday - Workout #2:
Wide Stance Squats - 3x10
Leg Extensions - 3x10
Leg Curls - 3x10
Standing Toe Raises - 3x15
Lat Pulldown - 3x10
Seated Lat Row - 3x10
Deadlift - 3x10
Crunches

Thursday - Rest

Friday - Workout #1

Saturday - Rest

Sunday - Workout #2

Monday - Rest

Repeat Cycle
-------------

So there's my split/cardio/meal plan :). How's it all look?

Btw do you think BGB would be better than this split? Whichever one is the best I will take since my buddy and I wont be working out a lot in the next few weeks.

IHaveToCrushYou
04-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Guess I should have mentioned, when I say BGB I meant Baby Got Back in case there was any confusion :)

ddegroff
04-28-2006, 08:05 PM
Yeah we know what BGB is and stands for.

I think your much better off doing BGB than the split you posted. But IF you feel like this is the split your gonna go with, I suggest:

-Drop the reps, to 4-6
-Theres no way I could personally do that back after legs, ESPECIALLY cutting.
-I would combine back/chest, drop shrugs, one tri, one bi
-move shoulders to leg day
-Do deads first on your back/chest day

Your fitday looks good, but I would decrease the protein a bit and eat some more carbs on lifting days.

(I could have gone on with the changes to that split, but it would just be easier for you to use BGB)

Built
04-28-2006, 08:37 PM
This is too high-volume for a cut, rep-ranges are too high, deadlifts at the end of a workout ...

Aaiieeeee - I don't like it.

Roddy
04-28-2006, 09:20 PM
2190 cals a day and your 190lbs? WTF

:swear:

ddegroff
04-28-2006, 11:21 PM
^low activity level? low lbm?

IHaveToCrushYou
04-29-2006, 08:45 PM
What do you mean Roddy? Should I be upping the cals or somethin? My diet before this (probly a month or so ago) was like pure fast and pizza pops.

^low activity level? low lbm?

Well I'm 30% BF so thats like 57lbs of fat, and 128lbs of lean mass. The rest is like bone mass or somethin.

As for my workout I think Ill start doing BGB.

Thanks guys :)

ddegroff
04-29-2006, 09:15 PM
calories are completely individual. Dropping calories too fast can really make it tough to continue. If you normally eat 3000cals dropping 900cals would be tough.

IHaveToCrushYou
04-29-2006, 09:40 PM
so far dropping the calories hasn't been that bad but I do find myself craving carb-loaded foods.

Roddy
04-30-2006, 05:00 PM
No that was just a pre emptive statement on my behalf. 2190 seems low for a guy at your body weight...but you are after a cut i take it.

I was just thinking how low that is, i take in 4350cals according to my fitday on average and i'm levitating at a whopping 182lbs :cry:

IHaveToCrushYou
05-01-2006, 07:24 AM
heh, yeah I'm trying to cut for at least 12 weeks, then when I bulk I think I'll increase my calories to at least 3000. Damn I cant wait for the bulk.