PDA

View Full Version : Amount of Carbs per meal?

teck
04-28-2006, 04:18 AM
Morning all,

Just a quick question;

i was making my shake last night before i went to bed, and thought that as i am bulking (using a weight gainer at the mo) that i am intaking to many carbs before i go to bed. I intake around 2.5 grams of carbs per pound and me weigh in around 151lbs so i take in between 350-380grams of carbs. Now my question is;

Should i intake 60-65 grams of carbs per eache meal (normal 6-7 a day) or should i intake more during the day and lower it through out the day?

I know it sounds like a n00b question which probably is but it is puzzeling me.

Also how many of you guys and gals wake up during the night and neck some food? or is your beauty sleep to important?!:drooling:

Cheers for you help on this

EDIT - Apologies i thought i was in nutrition, admin feel free to move it

HILL
04-28-2006, 05:29 AM
On a cut people tend to carb cycle (have the carbs around workouts as they are on limited carbs such as myself about 100-150 a day) but on a bulk if your getting in 300g+ theirs no need to cycle just space it out throughout the day. As long as you are getting in enough protein and fat ypu can fill the rest with only carbs if you prefer as long as it meets your cals for the day your good to go

teck
04-28-2006, 07:12 AM
yea cool sounds advice. thats one thing i gotta double check actually is my daily cals slightly neglected that a bit!:confused: well doing a diet check over the weekend so better double check. thanks for the quick response.

PS - Nice going on the journel!:clap:

HILL
04-28-2006, 07:17 AM
thnks man and once you have got your maintanance cals everything else is just more or less cals easy peasy