PDA

View Full Version : Gourmet From the Butcher.

Clifford Gillmore
04-29-2006, 02:09 AM
Fillet Mingon.

1 x 200g Fillet Steak
1 x Rasher of Bacon
1 x Clove of Garlic
1/4 x Teaspoon of Paprika, basil, oregano to taste
1 x Tomato.

First, boil the tomato and drop it into cold water. Skin and remove the core, mix with herbs and garlic.

Secondly, take the bacon and wrap the outside of steak - Use a skewer to hold it in place. Oven roast for around 30-35 minutes depending on preference to the steak, at around 180C.

Take the time now to prepare a shake or two, some brown rice or pasta. About 5 minutes before the Fillet is cooked, heat the herb tomato mix on a medium heat - fold constantly. Dab the tomato on the Fillet, serve aside the carbs :)

I'll cook this shortly and add a photo. I will try to add interesting meals and products I make from time to time, this thread is for my stuff - post your interesting meals in your own threads kindly :D

D Breyer
04-29-2006, 09:41 PM
THat looks awesome. I have a ton of steak in my freezer... I'm going to try this. Thanks for the recipe!

Sidior
05-03-2006, 08:54 PM
more more!!!

Clifford Gillmore
05-04-2006, 07:12 AM
Chicken Courtney

1 sheet of puff pastry
2 lbs of chicken breast butterflied, 3-4 times into thin steaks. Very thin.
2 lbs bacon
Pie nuts
Apricots

1. Lay out the puff pastry on a nice clean surface, leave the plastic on for the moment (plastic on the bottom)
2. Lay the chicken breast, bacon, pie nuts and apricots over the pastry. Your going to roll this, so make sure everything is even and only a single layer. pie nuts and apricots scattered to taste
3. Roll up, removing plasic as you do so.
4. Cut into 2" thick pieces.
5. Into the oven for about 35 minutes at 180C
6. Serve with pasta and brocolli!

Clifford Gillmore
08-11-2006, 12:52 AM
Ooops, let it die! Bump!

More stuff coming! Kiev's, Cordon Blue, Fondue, and a special thing known as "Fudge that can kill". I'm going to make the fudge with protein powder and add some Soy Lechtin (Emulsifier) from work and attempt a bar that looks like

65g carb (Probally 40g sugar)
30g Protein
15g fat

McIrish
10-15-2006, 07:40 AM
That steak looks RIDICULOUSLY tasty. Please keep 'em coming - I especially appreciate the fact that each recipe doesn't involve 30 ingredients (especially hard-to-find stuff like quinoa or persimmons or something). Thanks for keeping it simple :thumbup: