PDA

View Full Version : Bulking Question

skinnywilly
04-29-2006, 08:00 PM
I am currently bulking, and my question is...

At first I was doing a clean bulk( I didn't realize it though) I friend let me on I have recently been eating everything in sight, but I am worried that I am going to get fat, I workout three times a week for an hour each time. I have noticed a little pudge around the tummy line lately though.

Should I be worried? Is this supposed to happen? Should I go back to clean bulking, my dirty bulk I am just eating everything i.e. Pizza, chicken, snacks, etc.
:confused:

Thanks for help in advance

ddegroff
04-29-2006, 08:26 PM
it sounds like your scared to put on fat, so I would suggest to go back to your clean bulk. But remember your eating more than you can burn, so there will be "some" fat gain.

skinnywilly
04-29-2006, 09:50 PM
Can I ask why you suggest going back the clean bulk rather than the dirty bulk I am now. I wasn't on the clean bulk for very long, I am just concerned, this is my first time doing this sort of thing, I just wanted to make sure the pudge was normal...?

ddegroff
04-29-2006, 09:59 PM
the reason I said to go back to a clean bulk is to minimize fat gain. By your first post it seems you don't want to gain much fat. if the food is clean you can eat a lot more. Yea the extra fat gain is normal, but remember your also gaining muscle.

skinnywilly
04-29-2006, 10:06 PM
I think I may just be parronoid, I mean when I start to cut I will loose most of the fat I gain correct? So much of anything that I gain during the bulk will go away right?

ddegroff
04-29-2006, 10:35 PM
yea thats what cutting is, losing the bf gained while bulking.

Scarecrow
04-29-2006, 10:41 PM
When im bulking I never say no when my friends call and ask if I wanna go for a burger at mcdonalds haha

Jordanbcool
04-29-2006, 11:08 PM
When im bulking I never say no when my friends call and ask if I wanna go for a burger at mcdonalds haha

You never have to. I dont when im bulking or cutting. Just make sure it plugs into your fitday and plan everything out. If you think or know you might go to mcdonalds plug whatever your going to eat into fitday. That way if you do end up going to mcdonalds your fitday is still balanced so everythings ok. If you dont end up going to mcdonalds then you can choose to either eat good stuff or junk food. My main point is this.

PLAN BAD FOOD! Seriously. The first month of my diet was pretty much a huge failure because I never planned un-expected eating. Nowadays if im going to a party i plug in 3 beers into my fitday. If they dont fit into my macros or calories I make them fit. I cut other things that i can do without. Usually I have some bread or granola bar early in the morning for my carbs. If im going to drink beer that day I just dont eat the bread/granola bar and let the beer make up my carbs for the day. I mean it sounds like terrible advice but i dont do it often and as long as my macros are fine it does not bother me. Im my veiw a carb is a carb. Get everything balanced and plan it out and you will never have to worry about the fat gain. Atleast not for a while.

-jordan

brickt.
04-29-2006, 11:57 PM
^^

I actually like this post, Jordan, good points for the overanalysers among us. (aka me)

Jordanbcool
04-30-2006, 07:58 AM
^^

I actually like this post, Jordan, good points for the overanalysers among us. (aka me)

Well there were two points I totally failed the first part of my diet.

Planning- As stated in the earlier post, if you dont plan for bad food you will do so poor on your diet. Planning is so important I cant stress that enough. Know what your going to eat before it even happens. Sometimes I even plan my fitday a few days ahead. It just really helps me stay of track. It sounds stupid, but just go through your kitchen/fridge. See what you got, then plug it in. If it dosent fit into your fitday like it should (calories are to high or macros are way off) then keep adding/deleting food until you get it.

Calories- Always cover your ass, ALWAYS. I found that if I cut my calories by almost 1000 a day instead of 500 my diet is so much better. IMO its better to lose a very small amount of muscle and drop some good hard fat then it is to play by the pound a week rule of thumb. When I tried this I usually failed for the simple fact that alot of the foods you eat are a little off, calorie wise (as opposed to what they are represented in fitday). Those extra calories really add up at the end of the week (as well as veggies, condiments etc.) things that you dont think will make a noticable difference they really do. Plus if you keep your protein high then you should be perfectly fine. Just carb cycle, plan ahead, and cover your butt calorie wise and there will be no problems dieting. Its just simple math. Expend more then you take in. Thats all i really have to say about that. Plus if you cut calories by that much, you can forget the cardio because you will drop enough weight as it is. A big plus for people that dont like to move their fat ass's!!! :thumbup:

-jordan

Holto
04-30-2006, 10:37 AM
Good posts Jordan.

To the original poster:

If your not counting cals you will put on more fat than you want to.