PDA

View Full Version : How did the "Cant eat past 6 or 7" Myth get started?

Mademan118
04-30-2006, 11:19 PM
Everyone is always sayin this is true, and i have always said that its a bunch of bull!

It is correct?

DumbellDude
04-30-2006, 11:25 PM
6-7 pm? it's 1:30 past midnight and will have steak and baked potatoes + banana and probably ice cream LOL

or are you talking 6 or 7 meals a day?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-01-2006, 01:05 AM
He means can't eat past 6-7pm. And it's a load of crap...especially if you're trying to build muscle.

DumbellDude
05-01-2006, 01:16 AM
oh well. give me food anytime of the day.. i'll eat it

TheGimp
05-01-2006, 04:59 AM
I assume it got started because of some flawed logic involving the conversion of food to fat while sleeping, and it stuck because it is an effective motivation for lowering calories and therefore seems to get results.

Jordanbcool
05-01-2006, 07:24 AM
BECAUSE ITS TRUE!

I think it got started cus most people dont count calories throughout the day like we all do. Then since they've already used all that up, if they eat something later, like before bed they go over what they should be eating. This would lead to some fat gain and they would link this with sleeping. Also it would make sense if you thought about it; that since your body is asleep your not using anything your taking in....so it would be stored. But idk thats just not how it works.

-jordan

Unreal
05-01-2006, 07:56 AM
Before I was truely knew what was going on, I use to follow this. I lost a ton of weight doing it. It is just another trick to help the herds of sheep try to stick to a diet. Most of the stuff, like not eating after 7, eating 5-6 meals a day, etc are tricks to help the people who want to lose weight without the effort to truely learn.

Eszekial
05-01-2006, 09:52 AM
that's fine, if your not trying to get ripped.

Still though, even if i wasn't training to be ripped, i'd still recommend eating smaller healthier meals, even up to bed.

Davidelmo
05-01-2006, 11:46 AM
I doubt there was any scientific basis for it.

Most diets are simply ways of reducing the number of calories consumed. low fat, not eating at certain times etc.. they're all ways of making people restrict the total calories.