PDA

View Full Version : late night meals/snacks?

cantspell
01-21-2002, 02:21 AM
Hi there,
Well like most of us, i'm trying to loose some weight. I"m active, work out about 4 times a week, Tea Kwon Do 2 times, run about 2 10k twice a week as well. My question is, i get super hungry at night, i go to bed late, usually around 3am and get up about 7 hours later, or less, is it OK to have a meal just before bed time, or is a light snack better? And what sort of meal, i generally stay away from lots of Carbs, and am certainly diet conscious, so i don't want to have what ever i eat at night to turn to fat (though i don't think it would if one's active daily), so what's the best course of action. I also find i get hungrier on days that i've trained. Thanks .

YatesNightBlade
01-21-2002, 06:17 AM
I would have some Egg Whites, Cottage Cheese, Milk and some Flax seed oil. You can have some of these or all of them.

Tryska
01-21-2002, 07:49 AM
w00t!

cottage cheese and flax has my vote! :thumbup:

Wizard
01-21-2002, 10:14 AM
Have something light.Cottage and flax are a great combo so do what T said

Celestial
01-21-2002, 12:16 PM
What is flax seed oil and what does it do?

01-21-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Celestial
What is flax seed oil and what does it do?

the question is - what does flax seed oil not do? :D

Hot Shot
01-21-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Tryska
w00t!

cottage cheese and flax has my vote! :thumbup:

Like we didn't know

:p

Wizard
01-21-2002, 04:48 PM
Flaxseed oil is a vegetable oil that contains linoleic acid,which is an essential fatty acid needed for survival.But unlike most oils,it also contains high amounts of another essential fatty acid known as alpha linolenic acid (ALA)
It's vital to healthy skin,heart,circulation,nerves,brain,immunity and for making energy.
It is not recommended to cook with flaxseed oil.