PDA

View Full Version : shipping complaint

comedywriter
05-01-2006, 10:31 AM
I've purchsed ETS before via bodybuilding.com. I liked the product and I'd very much like to buy it again. Since you have discontinued it from their site I logged onto the atlarge site earlier intent on paying a little more and buying the product. Unfortunately, it wasn't a little more, it was substancially more (percentage wise). Forget the six dollar initial difference, but shipping to Canada is 10.95 as opposed to only a few dollars when I ordered it via bodybuilding.com

Ultimately, if shipping prices aren't reduced I will not be buying the product.

Thank you for your time.

BCC
05-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Do you get pissed at your local Ma' and Pop grocery store and threaten to go to Walmart?

Bodybuilding.com is a large account. That's what it costs to ship it when you're not sending out hundreds of orders per day.

comedywriter
05-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Times are changing and it is not acceptable to me for there to be such a disparity. Bottom line is that I work hard for my money and I cannot justify paying such a percentage increase for what I deem a luxury item.

In any event, the object of this thread is not for me to argue with anyone, simply to let the atlarge crew know how I feel. If I feel this way, there are certainly others who are holding off buying the product because it is simply too expensive for a months worth of a “luxury” item.

DoUgL@S
05-01-2006, 11:52 AM
So wait untill bb.com stocks it again. You cannot expect a small company like at large to beable to compete, shipping wise, with a company the size of bb.com

Also, bb.com was probably selling it at or below cost. I sure Dan and Chis will respond soon. They are nice guys so they will probably do what they can for you.

Joe Black
05-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the comments, we do appreciate the feedback.

We no longer have bb.com sell our product for various reasons and don´t plan to have them carry it again in the near future.

Basically though, what the others guys say is very true. BB.com work in a very different way to us. They sell literally thousands of products and make a very, very small mark up on each one and go for big volume. Thats why they were able to sell ETS for a lower price.

In regards the the shipping costs, again we have tried to set shipping charges at a level where we feel its competitive and also sensible for us.

We actually lose on shipping on a good bunch of our orders (both USA and Canada).

We are aware that our Canadian shipping charge might turn off some Canadian customers and are having to accept that. This will most likely be the case until we grow and can hold stock in Canada and develop that pàrt of the business.

We do actually have a good amount of Canadian customers who are fine with the costs because of the quality of our products and also because its still pretty competitive for most places, obviously its hard to compare us to some of the big players right now.

Anyway, long story, short, thanks for the comments.. We do indeed on making things better for Canadian customers in the longer term, but won´t be changing our shipping model in the near future.

Heres a thought though... Why not buy in bulk. You could get 3 x ETS for $71.85, that really brings down your per unit cost, and shipping charges stay the same for whatever you order.

The other thing to consider when purchasing ETS from ALN is that ALN supports Wannabebig and your business really does help us continue our work.. Which by the way is going to reach a new level soon with an amazing change in how we publish content I will be unveiling later this week.

comedywriter
05-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the responses.

Daniel, as far as the buying in bulk....well I considered it, but the fact is that I would have to pay duty on it, negating the whole point of buying in bulk and saving $. For a 30 dollar item, I wouldn't pay a dime...

d'Anconia
05-01-2006, 07:14 PM
Well I've found that pretty much anything I order on the internet has some shipping cost that I don't like. But on the other hand I don't have to drive a car and spend my time to go get it. If it really bothers you then try waiting til you need a few products and then order a few at a time. Ie ETS, Multi-Plus, and Creatine.

TTT
05-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Is duty factored into the shipping already? Or is it only if you order above a certain dollar value? I haven't had to pay anything extra yet in the two or three times I've ordered stuff.

chris mason
05-01-2006, 08:57 PM
You are may or may not have to pay duties. We ship to Canada via USPS specifically to help our customers in that respect.

Beyond that, what Daniel said. We eat our ass on most Canadian shipments which weigh anything over 4 lbs. We often literally make NO profit on our Canadian shipments. We are willing to do that because we are building our business and plan to add a Canadian distributor in the near future.

comedywriter
05-02-2006, 08:03 AM
Again, thanks for the comments.

When you guys do get a Canadian distributor, please let me know. I'll be the first one to purchase something.

Although I may be living in the States in a few months...either way.

DavyRen
05-02-2006, 01:37 PM
We do actually have a good amount of Canadian customers who are fine with the costs because of the quality of our products and also because its still pretty competitive for most places, obviously its hard to compare us to some of the big players right now.

100% agree. from the UK it does cost quite a bit extra in shipping but it more than makes up for that extra cost with the quality of the product.

Dan/Chris.....Keep up the good work and i'll be in touch for another order in the next week or so.

Joe Black
05-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Cheers, we appreciate the support!

comedywriter
05-03-2006, 11:42 AM
If you guys can do anything on the shipping for me, I'd def. consider ordering it. Like I said, I ordered it a few times from bodybuilding.com and liked the results. But, as it's really just a luxury item, I can't justify spending 40 odd bucks on a months worth.

Thank you.

comedywriter
05-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Guess not.

Oh well.

Thanks for the feedback regardless.

Joe Black
05-06-2006, 04:46 PM
Hey,

As Chris said, we really make very little on Canadian orders as it is, the shipping kills us, quite often wiping out what we charge for shipping and much of the products profit.

For now, we are putting up with it with the longer term view of building our Canadian customer base as in the future we will be able to ship to Canada most cost effectively and grow uor market there.

We definately can't afford to drop shipping costs to Canada thats for sure.

The only thing I can really offer is ordering 3 at the discounted rate. I'm fairly sure you won;t have to pay any custom fee's, none of our Canadian customers complain of that and we ensure we ship in the best way to avoid that for our customers.

chris mason
05-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Look, here is the real deal: We offer some of the highest quality products on the market today and we do so at a very reasonable price with very reasonable shipping. On top of that we have the BEST customer service, period. We ALREADY OFFER MORE THAN JUST ABOUT ANY OTHER COMPANY OUT THERE.

That's it. There is no more. Your asking for a concession in the manner which you have is poor form in my opinion.

This whole thread and your expressing your opinion in this manner is poor form. You could have very easily expressed your opinion via a PM or our contact email yet you felt compelled to do it in a public way. Why? Did you feel we would change our policy because of your opinion? Did you feel you could pressure us into giving you a deal?

The above questions are rhetorical and I do not wish a response merely your consideration of them. I am closing this thread because it can serve no further useful purpose.