PDA

View Full Version : Post Cardio Nutri and Fish Oil (3 Questions)

Eszekial
05-01-2006, 11:04 AM
Just starting cardio now, as i don't think it's safe for a 206 lbs human at 6"1 to be eating less than 1700 calories a day, and working as intensley 4-5 days a week as I do. Although I don't feel sick or tired when i do this. Maybe i could cut calories down a bit more. no metabolic slow down that I can notice as of yet.

I've got my post Weight Training nutrtion down pretty solid (I think). 1 cup of milk, scoop of protein powder, and some quick acting carbs such as orange juice or fruit. Sometime chocolate milk or something else.

What about when i do cardio only? I started doing cardio directly after waking up. I had 1 cup of milk and 1 scoop of nitrean before today's 40 minute SS cardio session, and my caffeine/ephedrin stack.

Afterwards, i was starved and not sure what to eat! Ended having a 1/4 cup of trail mix, water/1scoop nitrean, and 7 baby carrots. What adjustments do i need to make?

Any and all criticism appreciated!

And can anybody recommend a brand of fish oil? I'm going to put in an order for some sesamine, caffeine, ephedrine (for my asthema!!!), from www.1fast400.com, and i need to get a stock of fish oil. What fish oil do you guys take?

Anybody tried ON Brand fish oil? 100 caps for $4.

ddegroff
05-01-2006, 11:47 AM
wow it seems 1700cals might be low. Seeing how you say you have a very active job and i assume you lift regularly. It seems your meal post cardio today was kinda thrown together. If it works into your macro's then I would say its fine. Try it out for a few weeks and see how it works. As far as fish oil goes, I buy GNC's fish oil, I'm sure everybody buys something different. If you find it cheap (like you did) I would just buy it.

Built
05-02-2006, 05:30 PM
1700 cals? I'm freaking starving on 2000!

Eszekial
05-02-2006, 05:53 PM
The less i eat, the less i want to eat.

Strange, isn't it?

Built
05-02-2006, 06:11 PM
Not strange - it's an indication that your metabolism may be slowing down.

Eszekial
05-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Hmmm... Still losing weight and somehow still getting stronger. Should I stay where i'm at (as i figured) or should i bump up 100 cals or so?

D Breyer
05-03-2006, 06:24 PM
Still losing weight and somehow still getting stronger.
Personally I would keep doing what you're doing.
If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Manveet
05-04-2006, 05:38 PM
1. Cals are too low for someone your size (unless you're doing PSMF, UD2, or some other variant of those diets).

2. Having a scoop of nitrean before and after cardio is fine. You can even have some veggies if you feel especially hungry.

3. Almost any brand of fish oil pills will be fine. Some people are concerned about the mercury content of certain brands, but I hardly suspect it is an issue worth worrying about.

Eszekial
05-05-2006, 10:02 AM
1. Cals are too low for someone your size (unless you're doing PSMF, UD2, or some other variant of those diets).

This is based on?

Holto
05-05-2006, 01:02 PM
This is based on?

GAP

Generally
Accepted
Principles

It's generally accepted/understood that you are approaching a state where you *may* lose more LBM than you intend to.

Bikkstah
05-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Eating before morning cardio, why? You'll burn more fat on an empty stomach, no? I'm in the military as well and have been doing Pee Tee for quite sometime as well as lifting in the afternoon and sometimes cardio at night with absolutely no noticeable muscle loss.