PDA

View Full Version : Mariusz Pudzianowski 450lbs Shoulder Press

MeHoW
05-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Wow just Wow

http://forum.athletes.com/fitshow/week28/week28lg.htm

drew
05-01-2006, 07:15 PM
I think it was more amazing when he caught the bar onto his back.

Bob
05-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Not a strict miltary press... LOL..
But that Jerk Press is most awesome.. and catching it on the traps like that is extreme.

Hell.. I would like to press half that for a rep or 2..

Tofer
05-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Jesus. How the hell does he not get injured with 450 lbs dropping on his traps like that? That's absolutely insane.

Meat_Head
05-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Jesus. How the hell does he not get injured with 450 lbs dropping on his traps like that? That's absolutely insane.

Because his traps are about 3 inches thick, and that weight is about half of his squat lol

He's doing behind the neck push presses with 450lbs, freaking amazing. NO ONE can beat that dude, he is on another level.

KevinStarke
05-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Jesse Marunde has done the same thing with 495, theres a video on his site of him doing it...

http://www.marunde-muscle.com/videos.html

Meat_Head
05-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Kevin, those are awesome videos but I couldn't find one of a 495lb push press. Do you know which it is?

KevinStarke
05-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Hmmm I know its on that site, might be the forums lemme check.

EDIT: Huzzah, here it is, first post in this thread...

http://www.marunde-muscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1425&highlight=push+press

RBB
05-01-2006, 09:01 PM
pudz is a ****ing animal. that was extremely impressive.

KevinStarke
05-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Personally I think Marunde's 495 looked easier than Pudz 450..

MixmasterNash
05-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Those guys are never going to get toned shoulders without high rep medial cable lateral raises.

Meat_Head
05-01-2006, 09:11 PM
The Marunde video is damn impressive, but I gotta be the technical bastard and point out that he did a jerk, not a push press. I guarantee Mariusz could do at least that much on a jerk if he can push press 450!

KarateBoy
05-01-2006, 09:23 PM
I also seems like mariusz ended his workout with 450..not maxing out for the camera.

SpecialK
05-01-2006, 10:07 PM
Whatever you want to call it, that guy is a monster. I cringed every time he just let that bar drop on his traps like that.

Sidior
05-01-2006, 10:13 PM
That was awesome. I am always impressed how strong he is while being so much leaner than most of the competition as well.

Rex
05-01-2006, 10:16 PM
The Marunde video is damn impressive, but I gotta be the technical bastard and point out that he did a jerk, not a push press. I guarantee Mariusz could do at least that much on a jerk if he can push press 450!

Mariusz is not push pressing the weight. It's a push jerk. You can hear his feet!

Magik
05-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Mariusz is not push pressing the weight. It's a push jerk. You can hear his feet!
I agree even with the sound off you can see him using his legs, either way they are both strong but they did push jerks not push presses. I think the marunde video is better IMO.

HahnB
05-02-2006, 08:59 AM
That is awesome. Keep in mind they are training for specific events like the log press where they use their legs a lot. In this case their form should dictate the form they will use in the competition.

Goodwinm
05-02-2006, 11:39 AM
holy ****! dumbell mil pressing 65kg (143lbs) each arm! thats insane. Thats almsot my bodyweight in each hand over his head. YIKES! lol
I can just about do 65kg with two arms lol. damn he needs to be put in a damn cage. that BEAST! lol

Davidelmo
05-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Lol, he presses 220lbs for a warmup, wtf

edit: The second part of the video is just ridiculous - "im a met-rx athlete." "zomg, i can feel teh PUMP kicking in, zomg!!11"

also far too many bicep curls, concentration curls and KICKBACKS... god help us all

Goodwinm
05-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Lol, he presses 220lbs for a warmup, wtf

edit: The second part of the video is just ridiculous - "im a met-rx athlete." "zomg, i can feel teh PUMP kicking in, zomg!!11"
that second bit was pure crap. really was!

Meat_Head
05-02-2006, 02:22 PM

You can hear his feet, but that's because he's jumping off the ground when he push presses it. Watch the video, his body barely dips down at all. A jerk is when you push press the weight while squatting under it. If he were doing an actual jerk, he would be squatting deep under it and therefore could move alot more weight.

Goodwinm
05-02-2006, 02:28 PM
id love to know how much he can Strictly Military Press

Gabrielle
05-02-2006, 02:58 PM
just ridiculous..that is some serious weight

Rex
05-02-2006, 03:15 PM
You can hear his feet, but that's because he's jumping off the ground when he push presses it. Watch the video, his body barely dips down at all. A jerk is when you push press the weight while squatting under it. If he were doing an actual jerk, he would be squatting deep under it and therefore could move alot more weight.

You can see the double knee bend during the slow motion of his final work set. It's a push jerk.

Also, I think the reason that you can hear his feet is because he's dropping under the bar, not because he's jumping off the ground. No one jumps off the ground during a push press. lol.

cosmicdebree88
05-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Here is another video of mariusz pressing 405 for two reps:

http://www.irongodz.com/Pudganowski1.wmv

Supposedly this was just a technique day for him.

Stumprrp
05-02-2006, 03:36 PM
what an animal

Goodwinm
05-02-2006, 04:27 PM
what an animal
I'd beat him down......... :rolleyes:

Meat_Head
05-02-2006, 04:39 PM
You can see the double knee bend during the slow motion of his final work set. It's a push jerk.

Also, I think the reason that you can hear his feet is because he's dropping under the bar, not because he's jumping off the ground. No one jumps off the ground during a push press. lol.

Looking at it again, it is a push jerk. It looked questionable to me because his upper body barely dips, despite the slam of his feet.

Ironman15
05-02-2006, 10:04 PM
I was unaware that Mariusz Pudzianowski was a wannabebig member? I think this should be in the general chat or weightlifting or powerlifting section.

MeHoW
05-02-2006, 10:06 PM
Nah it's not me. I'm just a Pudzianowski "wannabe".

LoL funny you'd think that. Look at my sig. lol

Ironman15
05-02-2006, 10:09 PM
I didn't think you were. I was just saying that the Member's Pics and Videos section is for pics and videos of the Members, not of elite athletes whom are not members. Thus this thread should be in the weightlifting or powerlifting or general chat section of the forums. I mean I don't really care, I just kind of thought it was funny.

MeHoW
05-02-2006, 10:25 PM
I didn't think you were. I was just saying that the Member's Pics and Videos section is for pics and videos of the Members, not of elite athletes whom are not members. Thus this thread should be in the weightlifting or powerlifting or general chat section of the forums. I mean I don't really care, I just kind of thought it was funny.

Owned by reading comprehension on my side. Sorry about that.

Ironman15
05-03-2006, 12:48 AM
Owned by reading comprehension on my side. Sorry about that.

Lol it's all good. I'm just surprised it wasn't moved earlier to a different section.

Sidior
05-03-2006, 11:04 AM
id love to know how much he can Strictly Military Press

why does it matter?

Davidelmo
05-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Yeah, at the end of the day 450lbs is probably more than 90%+ of members here can DEADLIFT. I dont think many of us will EVER get that sort of weight over our head, using leg drive or not. I couldn't even HOLD that much weight, let alone throw it over my head. It's still amazing, regardless of if his feet lifted off the floor etc.

Goodwinm
05-03-2006, 04:53 PM
why does it matter?
because i'm an arkward ****!

Zirk
05-06-2006, 09:21 PM
That's how I injured my shoulder... Except I was only doing 175 pounds!

Goodwinm
05-07-2006, 02:31 AM
That's how I injured my shoulder... Except I was only doing 175 pounds!
only. Thats a good weight dude ;)

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-07-2006, 02:44 AM
Those guys are never going to get toned shoulders without high rep medial cable lateral raises.I know...pfft. :rolleyes:

Vsire
05-10-2006, 11:09 PM
For his 2nd exercise Pud is DB pressing 100lbs right? Ain't that a little light compared to what he did for his first exercise?

Amazing feat of strength regardless..

Goodwinm
05-11-2006, 01:23 AM
For his 2nd exercise Pud is DB pressing 100lbs right? Ain't that a little light compared to what he did for his first exercise?

Amazing feat of strength regardless..
DB pressing 100lbs?? nope. he is dumbell shoulder pressing 65kg each arm. which is 143lbs each arm. total of 130kg (286lbs). Which is incredible!

bigassd
05-17-2006, 07:49 PM
If he would dump MetRx and go with Fizogen......imagine what he could do with "The Strap"!!:thumbup:

Phelon
05-17-2006, 10:08 PM
amazing. The weights seemed plastic, lol or was that just me? Not doubtin him, of course not, just askin.

cphafner
05-19-2006, 08:09 PM
DB pressing 100lbs?? nope. he is dumbell shoulder pressing 65kg each arm. which is 143lbs each arm. total of 130kg (286lbs). Which is incredible!

Those look like 95 lbs to me. I believe that was filmed in the US, not Europe.

WBBIRL
05-19-2006, 09:22 PM
Yeah, at the end of the day 450lbs is probably more than 90%+ of members here can DEADLIFT. I dont think many of us will EVER get that sort of weight over our head, using leg drive or not. I couldn't even HOLD that much weight, let alone throw it over my head. It's still amazing, regardless of if his feet lifted off the floor etc.

The reason 90% of us will never do it is because no one will commit like he has. He's probably been training RIGHT for about 15+ years. Hes a beast either way, takeing more then I can deadlift and pushing it over his head.

SpecialK
05-19-2006, 10:32 PM
The reason 90% of us will never do it is because no one will commit like he has. He's probably been training RIGHT for about 15+ years. Hes a beast either way, takeing more then I can deadlift and pushing it over his head.

I would venture to guess that the vast majority of people would never be able to do what he does, even if they did train as hard for as long. The same goes for sports. Most people could practice basketball every day for years and would never have a chance of playing in the NBA.

Working hard will take a person to their own potential, but genetics ultimately determines what that potential is.

WBBIRL
05-19-2006, 10:54 PM
Most people could be alot closer...

Most people roll out of bed at 7 A.M. and crawl into their car for a nice 8 hours at the office, then drive back home and sit on the cough or go out drinking and partying for the rest of the night. The problem with the vast majority of people are that they have poor diets, are very uninformed and ultimately lack desire and motivation to do what he does. Genetics will play a big part in where you end up as far as BBing PLing goes... but I dont care if your genetics are the best in the world, sitting on the cough gets you nowhere.

Your point about the NBA is moot, height is a HUGE HUGE HUGE factor in basketball... you couldnt name that many people in the NBA that are under 6' tall and their are a ****load of very strong men at or under 6'

Sidior
05-19-2006, 11:02 PM
Your point about the NBA is moot, height is a HUGE HUGE HUGE factor in basketball... you couldnt name that many people in the NBA that are under 6' tall and their are a ****load of very strong men at or under 6'

It is a great point, as he was referring to genetics. Genetics determine height which is a very important variable in basketball. Genetics also to an extent play a large role in how strong a person can become. Yes you could practice everyday and get better at basketball, so good that height would no longer be as limiting a factor. On the same line you could practice lifting everyday, learn and nail techniques down so that you would very strong but in the end your genetics would hold you back to a degree, the same way height would hold you back to a extent in baskteball.

SpecialK
05-19-2006, 11:17 PM
Most people could be alot closer...

Most people roll out of bed at 7 A.M. and crawl into their car for a nice 8 hours at the office, then drive back home and sit on the cough or go out drinking and partying for the rest of the night. The problem with the vast majority of people are that they have poor diets, are very uninformed and ultimately lack desire and motivation to do what he does. Genetics will play a big part in where you end up as far as BBing PLing goes... but I dont care if your genetics are the best in the world, sitting on the cough gets you nowhere.

Alright, well if you're going to compare the world's strongest man to your typical fatass, then yes, they are a lot further off from him than where they could be. I was primarily referring to the fact that even among people who have a passion for this sort of thing, most will never come close to what Maruisz has accomplished due to genetic limitations.

Goodwinm
05-20-2006, 02:14 AM
Those look like 95 lbs to me. I believe that was filmed in the US, not Europe.
oooh sorry. It is 95lbs. Sorry, i was thinking the 9 was a 6.
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/1772/pudonovskidumbbellmilpresing96.png

rotated to just make sure! hehe
still very impressive though!
43 kilograms each arm! But defintaley relativly lighter compared to his earlier excercise. Well, probs cuz he totally raped his shoulders in the push presses.

WBBIRL
05-20-2006, 08:19 AM
I agree, genetics will keep most from getting where he is... but many could be much closer then they are is all im saying.

Stumprrp
05-20-2006, 08:27 AM
yeah genetics are a big part, jesse marunde is probley second to him, i have a video of him push pressing 495 behind the neck, also doing 405 x 20 on squat. www.marunde-muscle.com