PDA

View Full Version : Questions that need answering.

Shouji
05-02-2006, 02:04 PM
So I finally got some Nitro Tech Advanced Whey. Good stuff, but I need to know some things to get maximum results with it... So here they go!

1) How much .oz of liquid (I use Gatorade) in each shake that I make? The Instructions say to use 8 oz, which is roughly 1/3 of a Gatorade bottle.
2) Should I take these before meals, or after... and when?
3) Should I take these before workouts, or after... or both?
4) Should I use the blender, or naturally shake it to mix it?
5) In your opinion, should I mix anything else in it? I use Gatorade, and the mix is Tropical flavored... should I add anything like fruits in it?
Thanks again all!

getfit
05-02-2006, 02:09 PM
are you saying you mix gatorade with your protein powder?

Shouji
05-02-2006, 02:16 PM
Yeah, is that bad?:help:

Shouji
05-02-2006, 03:02 PM
:help:

getfit
05-02-2006, 03:05 PM
i don't see the reason why, why not mix your whey with water or milk

Shouji
05-02-2006, 03:16 PM
Gatorade taste's good.

betastas
05-02-2006, 03:22 PM
I stopped using gatorade when I found out they use hydrogenated oils in the crystals. Terrible stuff.

I suggest that you stop using gatorade. Use dextrose if you insist on using a simple sugar. It's cheaper, has less chemical residue, and doesn't have trans fats in it.

I would suggest that you take the protein powder post workout. Remember that it isn't a magic bullet. Your other several thousand calories make up the portion that is the most important.

getfit
05-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Gatorade taste's good.
this is what i do, i take one scoop of gatorade mix it with water and sip on that during my workout.I personnaly wouldn't want to mix it in with my protein

Shouji
05-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Also the other questions!

Holto
05-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Also the other questions!

You need to work out the following:

Total Cals/day

Total Grams of Fat/day
Total Grams of Carbs/day
Total Grams of Protien/day

Total # of meals/day

Then you can do some simple division:

For sake of easy math lets go with 200 grams of protein/day and 5 meals.

Thats 40g's of protein/meal.

Trust me there are two ways to eat:

1) Knowing what you eat daily
2) Fumbling around in the dark

Jordanbcool
05-03-2006, 11:22 AM
Really I cannot think of anythign better then a whey protein shake mixed with milk. Fantastic post workout.

For pre-workout I usually just buy an energy drink. Caffiene, maltodextrin, taurine etc. Helps me stay focused on a cut.

Just giving you what I do, hope it helps.

-jordan

But yes you should always use a blender. I really havent come across anything that mixes well without it. I also dont like gatorade, just dosent seem like it would do anything for me.

I stopped using gatorade when I found out they use hydrogenated oils in the crystals. Terrible stuff.

I suggest that you stop using gatorade. Use dextrose if you insist on using a simple sugar. It's cheaper, has less chemical residue, and doesn't have trans fats in it.

I would suggest that you take the protein powder post workout. Remember that it isn't a magic bullet. Your other several thousand calories make up the portion that is the most important.

^I agree!