PDA

View Full Version : eating fast

dtshen
05-03-2006, 05:38 PM
whats the deal with people like us who eat fast?

whenever I get something good to eat, i always scarf it down really fast.

doesnt make sense because it makes sense to enjoy the food and taste

but everytime , i just scarf it down.

why

getfit
05-03-2006, 06:02 PM
god, i ask myself that everytime i eat, i eat so fast.

D Breyer
05-03-2006, 06:21 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one... I've noticed that when I'm eating alone I'm usually ONLY thinking about the food and thus it's goin' in at a pretty fast rate. When I eat with people I'm thinking about the conversation, so I subcontiously eat slower...
I've heard that eating fast doesn't give the body time to properly "absorb" the food... what is the truth behind this?

Naim
05-03-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm a fast eater too. I tried eating slow but it just doesn't work for me. I love devouring a meal in seconds. As far as absorption thing goes, I think that's a myth. You can slow the digesting process down by not chewing very well though.

ShadyRensch
05-03-2006, 06:42 PM
I ALWAYS do this too, I think it's cuz when I was cutting, you wait around so much to eat because you eat so much less than when bulking, so when you finally get it you just pound it, and it sucks cuz it's gone so fast. I've been trying to chew it a lot more, and look at other things while I eat so I savor that ish.

cwm
05-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Its so hard to slow yourself down when you have been doing it for so long. I dont even notice i am doing it then im done and everyone is like WTF i just took my second bite. bad habbit.

Jordanbcool
05-03-2006, 08:49 PM
Its so hard to slow yourself down when you have been doing it for so long. I dont even notice i am doing it then im done and everyone is like WTF i just took my second bite. bad habbit.

Exactly. You pretty much have to force yourself to do it. I guess part of it might have to do with nature. You see a food source and you want to stock up in case theres no more food left.

I not only eat fast but I eat ALOT. Since starting to do heavy sets of leg press, squats and bench presses as well as dips my hunger goes through the roof. I can pack away a huge amount of food at a buffet and im not even that big.

It wasent always like that. Squats just make me HUNGRY.

-jordan

I think im going to underline "might" so no one tries to ask me for documentation or proper sources on studies conclusive about this......lol

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-03-2006, 10:17 PM
I guess part of it might have to do with nature.It's actually better for you to eat slower. When you're eating super fast, you're swallowing a whole bunch of air and it generally upsets the digestive tract. Also, your stomach has to work that much harder to break down the food because you didn't chew it up, which is the first step in digestion. This can lead to stomach aches, among other things. But it won't kill you from eating fast, as long as you don't choke on your food.

Bikkstah
05-04-2006, 09:02 AM
I wonder this everytime I have a cheat meal. My roommate laugh whenever I do a monthly Papa Johns binge. "Dude, you just ate a pizza in 10 minutes! Sweet!"

I only eat slow when I eat out with company (talking slows you down) or when I eat at the computer (too concerned with surfing to eat).

Jordanbcool
05-04-2006, 10:14 AM
It's actually better for you to eat slower. When you're eating super fast, you're swallowing a whole bunch of air and it generally upsets the digestive tract. Also, your stomach has to work that much harder to break down the food because you didn't chew it up, which is the first step in digestion. This can lead to stomach aches, among other things. But it won't kill you from eating fast, as long as you don't choke on your food.

Aside from that though I just think its better for the simple fact that you eat less when you eat slower.

But yea, I was just saying from an evolutionary point of veiw it makes perfect sense to want to gourge yourself.

-jordan

malkore
05-04-2006, 10:57 AM
food is just fuel for the body.

eat at whatever rate you have time for, but don't take 45 mins to eat a little rice, chicken and broccoli (sorry LV)

Genacide
05-04-2006, 11:01 AM
You eat fast becuase it tastes so good. You just want more when you start eating.. more.....

More.....

MORE.....

YEA MORE

and then your done!

WORLD
05-04-2006, 11:43 AM
I am te slowest eater in the world. I will eat slower than my grandma... but I can eat so much.

TECHO
05-04-2006, 11:51 AM
I can't eat as much when I eat slower... so I'm glad I eat fast. It's tough packing on those calories some days, so it's nice to eat so fast that my brain doesn't even register that I'm full until a full chicken breast later. XD
Of course.. then it hits me and I have to chill for a few.. but that's ok.

People stare at me when I eat :(. It goes in fast and doesn't stop.

And the way I look at it, I don't mind if my stomach has to work a bit harder to digest the food. That'll just get it used to processing large quantities of poorly chewed, dense, protein packed foods... efficiency should improve over time, yes? Maybe not, but I like to think so. ^___^

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-04-2006, 02:57 PM
Aside from that though I just think its better for the simple fact that you eat less when you eat slower.

But yea, I was just saying from an evolutionary point of veiw it makes perfect sense to want to gourge yourself.

-jordanYou're right. If you eat slower, you eat less because you're giving your body time to realize that the stomach is full. This is why professionals are always saying to chew your food and eat slower because it can help with appetite control. If you're just stuffing your face, you don't give it time to realize this, and then afterwards you're like "Oh gawd I ate too much! KILL ME!" because your body finally catches up to the food in your stomach...hehe. I, for one, find it very hard to chew each bite many times or so when there's juicy food sitting in front of me. I always want to get to the next bite.

Mr. Kool
05-04-2006, 03:48 PM
I've heard that eating fast doesn't give the body time to properly "absorb" the food... what is the truth behind this?

This is the samething my grandma always tell me.lol

Jordanbcool
05-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Its gross how I am at buffets. Plate after plate after plate.

Cant get any better then unlimited food for 10 bucks.

I've made a list of things i'm going to do after my cut. Visiting the local buffet is number 2 on my list.

Number one is buying a dozen dunkin doughnuts :evillaugh

-jordan

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Cant get any better then unlimited food for 10 bucks.Yeah...buffets pretty much rule. ;)

Number one is buying a dozen dunkin doughnutsIt's always been Pam's Donuts for me... :drooling:

Bigfootedfreak
05-12-2006, 02:04 PM
buffets friggin rule man. i eat as fast as a mofo, i ate like 28 pizzas in 14 minutes today. was hungry as crap man. i scarfed em down one after another lol.

TECHO
05-12-2006, 02:08 PM
Omg... you guys are geniuses!!! I haven't been to a buffet since I started lifting/bulking.. holy crap I'm so going to one soon! I can't wait! I don't know why I didn't think of that sooner...

Jordanbcool
05-12-2006, 05:18 PM
Sadly I had my FIRST candy bar in one year today. It was a snickers. Just a normal snickers but it tasted like heaven. I forgot what junk tasted like...

-jordan

KingWilder
05-12-2006, 09:46 PM
I eat super fast too, my friends always look at me in awe and ask why I eat so fast....I actually have no idea

SkinnySadMan
05-13-2006, 11:38 AM
The faster you eat, the more you can eat :D

I can only eat fast when I'm hungry lol. That's why I have trouble sticking to a meal plan, I end up taking 20-30 minutes to finish something. Eventually I end up chewing a spoon full for like 2 minutes. Yuck. I get sick of that so now I just eat whenever I feel like it.

ProLogic
05-14-2008, 12:42 AM
I eat really fast too.. then I regret it because I didn't savor the good flavor.