PDA

View Full Version : How to lose 4-5 % BF in a month.

roguetheory
05-03-2006, 09:02 PM
I'm currently at 14 % body fat, I'm 82 kg in weight and I'm 6ft tall.
I'm lifting moderate to heavy weights 3 times a week, and taking Martial arts classes 4-5 times a week. I would say on average I'm burning around 800 calories per class. I'm trying to get into a routine of doing HIIT every morning for 30 minutes.

My main concern now is my diet. Could somebody suggest a diet, which will enable me to lose weight rapidly without losing muscle. I'm aware with all the cardio I'm doing, I'm bound to lose some LBM.

My current diet is :

8 am(After HIIT at the gym from 6:30 am)- Protein shake (Whey protein/low fat yogurt/Creatine/Low fat milk)

10 am- Non fat yogurt

12 pm- Large stuffed Chicken breast, with side order of boiled rice, 3 fried potatoe wedges, small salad

2 pm- Low fat yogurt

4 pm- Low fat yogurt

6 pm- Pasta

Generally I have a MA class straight after work so I normally skip dinner, and come home late, and just go to bed. I'm aware my calorie intake is WAY too low, that's why I'm looking for some good advice.

kad
05-03-2006, 09:31 PM
Yep, calories are low. Fats are low. Not sure about the protein, but eating yogurt all day can't be very fun. Take a look at Built's diet sticky in this forum, all your questions on how to set up a cutting diet are answered there. :)

roguetheory
05-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Yep, calories are low. Fats are low. Not sure about the protein, but eating yogurt all day can't be very fun. Take a look at Built's diet sticky in this forum, all your questions on how to set up a cutting diet are answered there. :)

I've read through it. I'm looking for some spesific diets to my needs, since I'm doing an awfully lot of cardio.

ncsuLuke
05-03-2006, 09:41 PM
i would eat some fat free cottage cheese right before bed...throw in some fresh fruit to make it taste better if you want

kad
05-03-2006, 09:44 PM
I've read through it. I'm looking for some spesific diets to my needs, since I'm doing an awfully lot of cardio.
I think a general cutting diet would be fine (assuming you're meeting the required minimum protein/fat for your LBM) as long as your overall calories aren't too low. If you think you're losing weight too fast, or you're getting worn down and gym/MA performance starts to suck, just up your calories a little. I try to keep weightloss between 1-2lbs/week.

Built
05-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Why all the cardio - something sport-specific?

roguetheory
05-03-2006, 11:02 PM
Why all the cardio - something sport-specific?

Yes. I'm a Martial artist, hence classes everyday (This is going to interfere with muscle building, but it can't be helped). The HIIT is more targeted towards weight loss at the moment, rarther than fitness, although I'am training for a Tae Kwon Do competition. My aim is to get down to 10 % BF, and then go on a bulk with a serious weight lifting program.

D Breyer
05-04-2006, 04:47 PM
I would never do HIIT on an empty stomoch.

Built
05-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Stick to diet for weight loss, not extra cardio/HIIT, and capn is right - no HIIT empty.

ihaveapigyo
05-18-2006, 04:54 PM
I would never do HIIT on an empty stomoch

i read in an abs book that he does this 3 times a week on an empty stomach, followed by ab exercises. he says by doing this, you can burn up to 3 times as much... but every time i do this, it makes me feel lightheaded and about to pass out, lol.

motoko013
05-18-2006, 04:58 PM
3 times as much what? probably muscle

ihaveapigyo
05-18-2006, 05:09 PM
3 times as much what? probably muscle

i think he said you can burn 3 times as much fat

d'Anconia
05-18-2006, 05:31 PM
i think he said you can burn 3 times as much fat

This happens even if you DO eat before HIIT. It's a pretty common fact, for those who have looked it up, that compared to steady state cardio HIIT burns 3x as much fat.
So whatever the "guy" wrote in his book, I don't think there's any true reason for him to do it on an empty stomach. But if he does mention something in the book, let us know so we can *cough* disprove it *cough*.

arya202
05-18-2006, 05:50 PM
Well my take on it is cardio actually does lose fat but your body needs those calories to grow and it's easier to not eat a burger than it is to run for an hour.

IMO if you're gonna do cardio do it for running, swimming, and biking. Not to lose fat.

I read a few articles about how cardio does make you lose muscle but you're constantly destroying muscle anyway. But I don't know.

SpecialK
05-18-2006, 06:29 PM
This happens even if you DO eat before HIIT. It's a pretty common fact, for those who have looked it up, that compared to steady state cardio HIIT burns 3x as much fat.
So whatever the "guy" wrote in his book, I don't think there's any true reason for him to do it on an empty stomach. But if he does mention something in the book, let us know so we can *cough* disprove it *cough*.

Where did you read this?

d'Anconia
05-18-2006, 07:46 PM
http://www.exrx.net/FatLoss/HIITvsET.html

Looks like there's a lot of good info if you search "HIIT" at exrx.net
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Search.html?keywords=HIIT&h=0