PDA

View Full Version : Cheese

Narcissus
05-04-2006, 04:27 PM
I did a brief search of the forum but did not find anything specifically pertaining to my question. I am particularly looking for input from people such as Smalls, Slim, Built, etc that are quite well-read on the different aspects of diet & nutrition.

I have a terrible addiction to cheese. Are there any particular drawbacks to obtaining approximately 400 of my daily calories from cheese (tends to be either habanero monterey jack, jalapeno monterey jack, or extra sharp cheddar). I have heard in the past that dairy in general is not the best choice because, according to the rumor mill especially among those dieting for contests, it causes a distinct subcutaneous holding of water/fat that contributes to the bloated/smooth look that many us so much despise. Any truth to this? It is all typically high in sodium, but I would argue that the sodium is directly related to how delicious it is (the same argument for the excessive sodium in bacon .. mm bacon :drooling: ). Anyway, I appreciate the feedback, thanks!

Manveet
05-04-2006, 05:26 PM
I did a brief search of the forum but did not find anything specifically pertaining to my question. I am particularly looking for input from people such as Smalls, Slim, Built, etc that are quite well-read on the different aspects of diet & nutrition.

I have a terrible addiction to cheese. Are there any particular drawbacks to obtaining approximately 400 of my daily calories from cheese (tends to be either habanero monterey jack, jalapeno monterey jack, or extra sharp cheddar). I have heard in the past that dairy in general is not the best choice because, according to the rumor mill especially among those dieting for contests, it causes a distinct subcutaneous holding of water/fat that contributes to the bloated/smooth look that many us so much despise. Any truth to this? It is all typically high in sodium, but I would argue that the sodium is directly related to how delicious it is (the same argument for the excessive sodium in bacon .. mm bacon :drooling: ). Anyway, I appreciate the feedback, thanks!

As long as your total calories are in check, it won't make a significant difference. Sodium may be an issue, but again it's more important to look at your whole diet.