PDA

View Full Version : clothes dont fit right now!?! wat do you do?

Roddy
05-04-2006, 08:21 PM
so i'm no tank, 5'11, 185lbs..... but its definatly my physique (not trying to sound too full of myself here). I'm 23 and the clothes stores i go to, the clothes just dont fit me. American eagle, old navy, bluenotes, bootlegger.... always got my clothes there.. My Arms DO NOT FIT THEIR SLEEVES! Almost anywhere i go and try on a long sleeve shirt...nope arms wont fit or its like wearing spandex. Short sleeves shirts from most anywhere choke my biceps. My arms are just under 17inches relaxed right now. And if it isnt the sleeves all the shirts pull tight across my back. Like they are gonna split.

So other than T-shirts/ sweaters, and XXL shirts, nothing fits me normally.

I'm a large size shirt for normal fit....but Geeeez the arms!!! :disagree:

Maybe its just me ;)

WBBIRL
05-04-2006, 08:32 PM
Well in some cases you may have to have your clothes special made. My grandfather was this way when he was in his 20's... his arms were 18" relaxed and he was only 150lb man and people in general were smaller in the 40's so his situation was 3x as bad as yours is. His mother made his clothes though, and you'll probably end up having to have yours made too. Unless you bulk up a bit so that you fit comfortable into an XL or so. My arms are 18" unflexed right now, and while a 2X shirt (which doesnt fit me in the chest anymore) is small in the arms... its wearable. 3X is the perfect chest/arm size for comfort for me.

Keith
05-04-2006, 08:38 PM
so i'm no tank, 5'11, 185lbs..... but its definatly my physique (not trying to sound too full of myself here). I'm 23 and the clothes stores i go to, the clothes just dont fit me. American eagle, old navy, bluenotes, bootlegger.... always got my clothes there.. My Arms DO NOT FIT THEIR SLEEVES! Almost anywhere i go and try on a long sleeve shirt...nope arms wont fit or its like wearing spandex. Short sleeves shirts from most anywhere choke my biceps. My arms are just under 17inches relaxed right now. And if it isnt the sleeves all the shirts pull tight across my back. Like they are gonna split.

So other than T-shirts/ sweaters, and XXL shirts, nothing fits me normally.

I'm a large size shirt for normal fit....but Geeeez the arms!!! :disagree:

Maybe its just me ;)

Your 185lbs and your arms are 17" RELAXED? Odd, but hey, if the shirts choke your biceps...then **** man, sport that ****! Girls love it, and when girls love it, so should you. I mean you wearing named brand clothes so your trying to impress someone right? lol If I were in your situation I could care less and be proud clothes dont fit me properly for the fact my guns are just too damn big. Sport it!

RedSpikeyThing
05-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Wear a wife beater. All the time. I would if I had 17" arms.

Jorge Sanchez
05-04-2006, 09:36 PM
If I was in your situation I would squat.

WORLD
05-04-2006, 09:47 PM
Ya man, show them pipes!! poke someones eyes out with those biceps.

Keith
05-04-2006, 09:54 PM
If I was in your situation I would squat.

What is that suppose to mean? Isnt this thread about how his clothes fit too tight?

Optimum08
05-04-2006, 10:20 PM
What is that suppose to mean? Isnt this thread about how his clothes fit too tight?

basically saying that if his biceps are unproportional to the rest of his upper body that he should stop doing bicep work and work on a more important body part like legs.

RBB
05-04-2006, 10:21 PM
i doubt you're having that much of a problem at 5'11", 185lbs. buy a brand that is cut a little more loosely.

Jorge Sanchez
05-04-2006, 10:22 PM

It was 1/2 joke and 1/2 what optimum said.

Keith
05-04-2006, 10:26 PM
basically saying that if his biceps are unproportional to the rest of his upper body that he should stop doing bicep work and work on a more important body part like legs.

I understand that completely. But never once did he say his biceps are unproportional to the rest of his body. And jorge sanchez didnt even suggest it, he told him if I were you, I would squat if I was in your situation. Not a big deal at all, I just didnt get it.

Jorge Sanchez
05-04-2006, 10:28 PM
5'11'' @ 185 with 17'' arms (cold) doesn't exactly sound like an ideally balanced physique... but who knows, maybe it is.

Keith
05-04-2006, 10:34 PM
lol thats what I said earlier on. Dont really understand how he could have 17" arms RELAXED, not just cold and flexed, but unflexed.

Built
05-04-2006, 11:28 PM
See, I almost think that's his point - he's well-built, but not (yet!) a monster, and still, it's hard to find clothes that fit.

You wouldn't believe how hard it is for ME to find shirts and jackets that fit around my "MASSIVE" 12.5" guns.

Chick clothes are even MORE BB-unfriendly.

<Chortles at the memory of a tiny leetle sales clerk who tried to tell me my arms got that way because I "trained wrong". I should have asked him how HE trains, since his arms were so skinny - but you know how that goes, you NEVER think of it in the moment... >

crunkdizzle
05-05-2006, 02:39 PM
theres many regular t-shirts that can fit way more than a 17" arm in them comfortably, mine are 17" too and i never had this problem, maybe its just your style of clothes idk, but just buy an XL and youll be good

APE.
05-05-2006, 03:13 PM
American eagle, old navy, bluenotes, bootlegger.... always got my clothes there.. My Arms DO NOT FIT THEIR SLEEVES! Almost anywhere i go and try on a long sleeve shirt...nope arms wont fit or its like wearing spandex. Short sleeves shirts from most anywhere choke my biceps. My arms are just under 17inches relaxed right now.

Just a thought; would you think anyone of their models have 17 inch arms? Most their models look 6 foot w/ 13 inch arms. Just from what i see in adds.I hear you on the long sleeve part esp. long Sleeve dress shirts. Atleast w/ t-shirts you can get away w/ them looking tight an sporting your arms. Dress shirts are so restricting on the shoulders and arms.

Blah, it sucks.

Roddy
05-06-2006, 01:45 PM
See, I almost think that's his point - he's well-built, but not (yet!) a monster, and still, it's hard to find clothes that fit.

Yep i have definatly lucked out with getting the big arms, and the girls do go crazy over it! lol, but sometimes i just wanna be subtle ;) :cool:

I have gained the nickname "the man whose arms exploded" after a few people i know saw that discovery channel special on some guy who was trying to get the biggest arms in the world, but his biceps went septic from syrynge use.

Built
05-06-2006, 01:54 PM
That was from synthol abuse. Gregg Valentino.

Totally disgusting.

drew
05-06-2006, 02:04 PM
Stop going to homo stores.

Here's some help: www.carhartt.com

KevinStarke
05-06-2006, 02:16 PM
HAHA.. oh drew.

Buy Inzer shirts, they fit great. Drew knows my fancy for Inzer shirts.

drew
05-06-2006, 02:23 PM
HAHA.. oh drew.

Buy Inzer shirts, they fit great. Drew knows my fancy for Inzer shirts.
That's all you friggin own you whore.

KevinStarke
05-06-2006, 02:26 PM
So comfy..

BCC
05-06-2006, 05:44 PM
Uh...it sounds like you need a bigger back and everything. You have the opposite problem as me, I can't fill sleeves out to save my life unless the rest of the shirt matches some hot pants.

DumbellDude
05-06-2006, 06:19 PM
Stop going to homo stores.

Here's some help: www.carhartt.com

So comfy..

You guys crack me up... nice though...

KevinStarke
05-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Join a nudist colony, problem solved.

rookiebldr
05-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Uh...it sounds like you need a bigger back and everything. You have the opposite problem as me, I can't fill sleeves out to save my life unless the rest of the shirt matches some hot pants.

I think your delts, back, chest, ... make up for it.

Jinkies
05-07-2006, 12:49 AM
eh it could be worse, you could have a 28 inch waist and have to buy size 36 pants to fit your squatters ass and legs. :(

Dazzlepecs
05-07-2006, 01:12 PM
Im 185lbs and 15 inch arms.. i would sacrifice easy fitting clothes for 17 inch cannons!!

What i cant buy are jeans, i have a huge squatters ass and the quad build whereby all the meat is at the top of the leg.. I look ridiculous in anything but baggy fat man slacks... This sounds so gay but when i do wear nice jeans i also slip on two pairs of leg warmers to balance everything out :redface: gets a bit sweaty though

WBBIRL
05-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Wear shorts and show off the wheels.... become the first squat jockey!

TECHO
05-07-2006, 02:05 PM
You shop at stores that sell popular styles. Popular bodytype right now is super skinny/scrawny guys/girls. I was much more skinny just a year ago.. and a few years ago, when the style was baggy, I looked ridiculous in popular clothes. As the style of clothing gradually changed to tighter fitting again (relapse from the 60's/70's?), i was very happy because clothes from the gap/old navy actually fit me. But then I started lifting, and now I've had to junk 3 pairs of jeans that I bought only 6 months ago because they're too dang tight around my quads... like... they look goofy. Anyway..... You may have to get some shirts from somewhere less trendy.. i still go to Old Navy, but I just get the boot cut / baggy pants, or as someone suggested get XL or XXL and deal with the baggy trunk... or... get a medium so it's tight :D I love it when shirts grip my biceps.

smalls
05-07-2006, 02:10 PM

LOL, you and me both. My arms wouldnt fill out my girlfriend baby tee's. But hey, my traps look big in my t'shirts.

BTW, 17 inch RELAXED, COLD arms are pretty fookin big. At 185lbs you must have some insane genetics.

Roddy
05-07-2006, 03:00 PM
Yeah i dunno what it is, i trained the hell out of my arms for years and they were SMALL...then i came here, and asked "why arent my arms getting big?" and someone was like "quit exercising them and they will grow"...so i did....i hardly do anything direct for arms. 1 type of curls once a week...... my arms grew like mad.

I have a really broad back, like the big V from behind, a 30 inch waist and wide squaters legs. I dont think my arms stick out too much, i know they are big, but ya the shirts and other people tell the story to me all the time.

They are 16 5/8 just resting straight down, if i reach up to take off my hard hat or ball cap they do the bulge...

Y2A
05-07-2006, 03:22 PM
If your shirts are tight on your arms, chest, and back, there is an easy solution... get a bigger size. :)

Scarecrow
05-07-2006, 10:13 PM
I just wear L t-shirts now, it was such a relief when Medium just didnt fit.

Keith
05-08-2006, 01:11 PM
eh it could be worse, you could have a 28 inch waist and have to buy size 36 pants to fit your squatters ass and legs. :(

Thats nothing to complain about, thats awesome bro!

WORLD
05-08-2006, 01:29 PM
If an undershirt doesnt fit right, try tearing it off your chest like you were Hulk Hogan...

JustinASU
05-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Some of these stories seem a bit far fetched. Apparently we're all Olympians. I weigh 250 lbs and still fit into XL just fine. It's a bit tight across the back and shoulders, but I prefer it.

Sensei
05-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Your 185lbs and your arms are 17" RELAXED? Odd, but hey, if the shirts choke your biceps...then **** man, sport that ****! Girls love it, and when girls love it, so should you. I mean you wearing named brand clothes so your trying to impress someone right? lol If I were in your situation I could care less and be proud clothes dont fit me properly for the fact my guns are just too damn big. Sport it!
LOL! You know, not everyone is going to high school anymore...

I agree w. JustinASU - an XL for many shirts will have more than enough sleeve room for most here. You might have to be a little more picky about specific brands of shirts, but hey that's the price you pay for being big.

Guido
05-09-2006, 09:55 AM
You might have to be a little more picky about specific brands of shirts, but hey that's the price you pay for being big....and such a TOUGH price it is. :D It's HARD being HARD.

seK
05-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Join a nudist colony, problem solved.
Damn is there a problem you can't solve? :P

I wish I had that problem with my arms, my leg's are my problem even look jeans look like spandex running shorts on me.

WBBIRL
05-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Some of these stories seem a bit far fetched. Apparently we're all Olympians. I weigh 250 lbs and still fit into XL just fine. It's a bit tight across the back and shoulders, but I prefer it.

Well for me, if I lost my fat I might fit into an XL also. XL waved bye bye to me in 8th grade though when I was about 220lbs. I guess I have broad shoulders and a natural love for food. :burger: :strong: