PDA

View Full Version : morning fast?

bigmalone
05-05-2006, 08:31 AM
:thumbup: hey guys, havent been on here for a long time, good to see you all still helping each other out.

got a nutrition brain buster for ya.

in the military we run in the morning. we also wake up everyone else including the lord himself in the morning. if i dont eat before we run, am i burning away muscle mass that i have been working so hard for?

i do eat a big bowl of oatmeal and lots of protien before i go to bed so that i am not hungry during the run, but should i also eat something in the morning to get my metabolism working?

id rather be burning fat than muscle in the morning. thanks for all replys guys. you rock

HILL
05-05-2006, 08:34 AM
yeh running on an empty stomach is a good way to loose muscle i believe. Best bet would be to knock some whey protein into you with some water that way it wont make you feel to sick

teck
05-05-2006, 08:40 AM
i always thought it is good to go training on an empty stomach that is HIIT or cardio as your body is more likely to turn to fat stores than muscle is it not?

sonofman
05-05-2006, 09:04 AM
HIIT should never be done on an empty stomach. Built said it so it must be true

threatmix
05-05-2006, 09:05 AM
i always thought it is good to go training on an empty stomach that is HIIT or cardio as your body is more likely to turn to fat stores than muscle is it not?

It might be better for fat burning, but it also might be better for muscle-burning, too.

Built
05-05-2006, 09:08 AM

:D

TheGimp
05-05-2006, 10:20 AM
Hepatic glycogen levels are practically empty after waking, absolutely eat something to avoid catabolism.

bigmalone
05-05-2006, 01:24 PM
so it doesnt matter what you eat the night before?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-05-2006, 01:32 PM
Do you think something you ate 8 hours prior is going to help you NOW?

Manveet
05-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Eat something.

Have a protein shake mixed in some milk.

maybe a bananna, or some other piece of fruit.

MantiXX
05-05-2006, 02:13 PM
this may be a noob question, but how 'far' and how 'hard' do you run in the morning?

Would eating and then running not make you vomit if you ran the typical (carry the gear) army mornig run?

Just asking...

thanks..

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-05-2006, 03:46 PM
this may be a noob question, but how 'far' and how 'hard' do you run in the morning?That's up to you.

Would eating and then running not make you vomit if you ran the typical (carry the gear) army mornig run?You should wait a little while after eating before running.

Jordanbcool
05-05-2006, 03:57 PM
:thumbup: hey guys, havent been on here for a long time, good to see you all still helping each other out.

got a nutrition brain buster for ya.

in the military we run in the morning. we also wake up everyone else including the lord himself in the morning. if i dont eat before we run, am i burning away muscle mass that i have been working so hard for?

i do eat a big bowl of oatmeal and lots of protien before i go to bed so that i am not hungry during the run, but should i also eat something in the morning to get my metabolism working?

id rather be burning fat than muscle in the morning. thanks for all replys guys. you rock

Get a hold of some eggs. That'll do ya good. No carbs but great protein and fats. Eat as many as you think you can handle without if affecting your run. Good luck

-jordan

Bikkstah
05-05-2006, 07:18 PM
I throw up all the time if I eat before morning PT. Just me I guess.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-05-2006, 08:25 PM
I throw up all the time if I eat before morning PT. Just me I guess.How soon do you train after eating?

Bikkstah
05-05-2006, 08:44 PM
I never eat in the morning before PT. I throw up without food.

Slim Schaedle
05-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Am I the only one that sees glucose (dextrose) as the obvious answer here?

D Breyer
05-06-2006, 08:48 AM
:withstupi good idea

teck
05-06-2006, 10:35 AM

haha!!

fair play, i just read in fit for life thing! or body for life cant remember the book.

but i stand corrected!:rolleyes:

Holto
05-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Condidering most Military guys are skinny by bb standards I don't think you should worry about a little AM catabolism.

As long as you are maintaining weight and getting stronger your training is right on track.

RedSpikeyThing
05-06-2006, 07:04 PM

Its a good way to lose weight when you have no conern except for what the scale says.