PDA

View Full Version : Extreme dieting! PSMF

Jordanbcool
05-06-2006, 02:24 PM
Oook guys. I'd consider June to be summer and its coming here fast. Too fast actually. I dont think i'll reach my goal in time so Im pretty sure Im going to do a PSMF. Some quick questions before I buy the book (about to order it tonight actually).

1) Right now Im at 13% BF. And I want to get rid of this remaining winter coat ASAP. Im seriously sick of looking at it. Im sick of cutting and my slow cut/carb cycling IS working, but just not fast enough for my tastes. Anyways I have about 6lbs of fat to lose to reach my goal. Would that take two weeks, one week, 1 1/2 weeks, 3 weeks?? On an all out PSMF? The reason Im asking is that i need to get the book now instead of waiting.

2) How much muscle can I expect to lose? Im 190 at 13% but I was told that the lower my bodyfat is the more muscle I will lose when doing a PSMF. I'd like to keep my hard earned pecs. thank you very much.

3) Before I spend $40 bucks on the book how much more will I have to pay to get the supplements. I heard I def. need a multi but other then that im not to sure.

4) How will my workouts be? Are they going to be non-existant or what. Even though i'd be doing this extreme fast i'd still like to keep my workouts intense. I can probably see myself eating most of my food just before a workout and after. Biting my tounge the rest of that day is fine with me.

I've talked it over with built. She'd like to see me stick to my diet now but I think im just going to use this PSMF diet from now on instead of cutting depending on my results. Im a patient person to an extent. Cutting is extremely gay and I want to do this fast, get up to my maintanence, then slowly increase my cals so I can do a CLEAN bulk. I have great food choices right now so i'd say thats the least of my worries with this. I mean I just spent a buttload on food so im good.

I'd just like to know what I can expect before I buy the book. If i have to lose 10 lbs of muscle to get down to 10% I wont do it. However, I'd be willing to trade some muscle for a quick way to blast through my stomach (really my only problem area).

Plus im sick of making all these damned posts whining about water weight :)

-jordan

brickt.
05-06-2006, 05:00 PM
Honestly, you're pretty new to this, I seriously woudn't PSMF.

You don't need any specific supps apart from the basics.
The workouts are very short, 2-3 a week full body, low reps. You'll feel like you're dying, though.

The chance of losing lbm is alot higher than your usual cut diet, especially at 13%.

However, I'd be willing to trade some muscle for a quick way to blast through my stomach (really my only problem area).

This makes baby jesus cry.

Bikkstah
05-06-2006, 05:31 PM
You will be tired. You will be hungry. I was at the door to Burger King in the mall today before I caught myself. I don't take any supps but a vitamin and calcium along with Fish Oil. I eat chicken breasts/tuna to keep my fiber up and drink 3-4 Nitrean shakes (water w/ Splenda) a day. You can see my Fitday here:

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=AFredendall

Prolly gonna have another Shake before bed and that's it. Look at previous days for a better diet, my roommate offered me that burger and I scarfed it down without thinking of the carbs on the bun.

Still lifting on a 4 day split and doing cardio. It's tiring, if you're on a full schedule, I'd imagine this would kill you. I'm doing summer classes, one a day for 3 hours and weekend Army drill and I'm still dead tired.

Jordanbcool
05-06-2006, 08:50 PM
I understand what you guys are saying and i've put alot of thought into this. Im not too worried about being really hungry because it will only be for a week or so depending on how low I can actually go. Im just really really sick of dieting. I want to see these damned abs! lol.

Ok look. This carb cycling/slow cut is working. Theres no doubt about it. I have built to thank for that. But, I think I can work it out. Starving myself for a week and a half. I think it will fly by. Im waiting till after my finals so I can pretty much sleep the whole day while doing this PSMF. Maybe just play video games all day. I dont know. Just something to keep my mind off food. I know it will be hard, I know it will be draining but I think the end result is well worth it.

Plus I was ALWAYS planning on trying out the PSMF, at some point in my bodybuilding obsession. What better time then now?

Now brickt. Lay it on me. Honestly, how much LBM do you think I will lose even if I do everything 100% perfect (basically follow the book to a "T"). I know it may vary by individual but think about it (since I think you've done it before not sure) and get back to me. Im ordering the book after this post. As for the supps. I already got everything and food along with it.

If this works I'll post pictures and put your name at the bottom! haha what an honor. ;)

-jordan

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=jordanbcool

May 6 is a sample of what my diet will look like on a typical day of this PSMF. Feedback would be great.

brickt.
05-06-2006, 10:07 PM
If you follow it to a T; diet, training, refeed setup etc, you shoudn't lose much (or any) lbm in a short time frame. (1-2 weeks)

It sounds like you've already made up your mind, so yeah, go for it if you want. Be sensible tho.

Dazzlepecs
05-07-2006, 09:07 AM
Best is Ultimate Diet 2.0, if you want to get RIPPED

BUT http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par30.htm works fine for me, getting to about 9 or 10% fat with no muscle loss.. No idea what happens below that

Your workouts are key i think, IMO low volume but high frequency, keeping the weight on the bar the same, or even increasing it for some 1rm for fun..

largeandlovely
05-07-2006, 11:12 AM
make sure to put a ton of emphasis on the return to maintenance calories at the end of the PSMF. I ended up putting on an extra 3 lbs when I cracked under the extreme crappy feeling that it gives you.

Holto
05-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Considering the bumps in the road you are experiencing on your current cut I would say.............................
.......................................................TERRIBLE IDEA.

Good luck though 'cause I know you won't listen to your extended WBB family.

TheGimp
05-07-2006, 12:54 PM
I still say you're better off doing UD2.0.

You should seriously consider doing some kind of refeed before commencing a PSMF.

D Breyer
05-07-2006, 12:58 PM
:withstupi 's UD2.0 would be a ton better for you, being you're worried about losing LBM. PSMF is more geared twards 15+% bf, UD2.0 is suited more for people like you. They are both tough diets, pick one and stick to it.

Jordanbcool
05-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Good luck though 'cause I know you won't listen to your extended WBB family.

Holto I thought you had much better character then this. You tell me i've earned your respect and then you make posts like that?

When I get some time Im going to check out my threads and see where you've posted it because you've said it before. "atleast you listen" or something along those lines. Maybe your having a bad day or whatever but come on man.

Back to everyone else.

I'll read up on the UD2 diet. Really the only reason Im doing this PSMF is because im impatient as summer is nearing. Soon pools are going to be opening up. If I had started my cut earlier and knew more about slow cutting I would have gotten to my goal on time. I dont see that happening though now. Now I've stated many times I have trouble usually keeping to my diet for extended periods of time. Thats why I think this will work for me. Go all out for 2 weeks then go to maintenance and be done. Heres the kicker though.

PSMF- One "bad" day will really screw you up. Hell even one burger or fry or soda and your diet is pretty much down the drain.
Slow cut- Can get away with little things as it is much more relaxed. The problem with this though is I usually end up doing a binge or something (say go to a buffet) which sets me back a few days. Eat alot of salt or something. Retain some water. See the scale weight go up or stay the same. Get discouraged and....well you all know. This past 6 weeks I have NOT done that but in the past I have which is why im considering PSMF in the first place.

I really dont see the big deal or concerns for this PSMF. Im a bodybuilder I've heard stories of people gaining tons of weight after starvation diets. If it gets too hard I'll go back to my normal cut. I know it wont be easy, but at the same time the food volume wise isnt that far off from what im eating now (2 chicken breasts, some eggs, protein shake). Sounds like three squares to me. Just small on the calories.

If you follow it to a T; diet, training, refeed setup etc, you shoudn't lose much (or any) lbm in a short time frame. (1-2 weeks)

It sounds like you've already made up your mind, so yeah, go for it if you want. Be sensible tho.

^^Good post brickt. Apprectiate the advice.

-jordan

Holto
05-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Holto I thought you had much better character then this.

Context, grasshopper, context.

You listen in terms of *learning* but you are a stubborn hard headed young man otherwise.

If you think you *need* to do a PSMF then I doubt we can talk you out of it.

TheGimp
05-07-2006, 11:57 PM
PSMF- One "bad" day will really screw you up. Hell even one burger or fry or soda and your diet is pretty much down the drain.

IMO UD2.0 is even more rigid due to its weekly cycle. One bad day on UD2.0 and you've messed up the entire week.

You can run the UD2.0 low cal days with as big a deficit as a PSMF, while the refeeding ensures you won't run into the metabolic shutdown you will almost certainly encounter at your body fat % and there is every likelihood you will end up gaining, rather than losing, muscle.

Focused70
05-08-2006, 12:30 PM

You *can* have a cheat meal to break the diet once every few days. The actual parameters will vary depending on your starting weight/bodyfat level and length of cycle.

Quite a few people here have done PSMF, yours truly included. One meal won't wreck the cutting train but an entire day might. ;)

Jordanbcool
05-08-2006, 12:37 PM
Context, grasshopper, context.

You listen in terms of *learning* but you are a stubborn hard headed young man otherwise.

If you think you *need* to do a PSMF then I doubt we can talk you out of it.

I dont think i'd need it. I just want to try it out. I really cant find anything wrong with it. Yes theres a risk of losing LBM but thats the case with every diet. If done properly as brickt said you really shouldnt have any problems with your LBM. It is really hardcore and a very extreme diet to say the least. You cannot deny that it works though. I've PMed alot of people about it and they said it really works to get lean in a hurry.

Most people just dont like starving. I dont like starving but if its only for 2 weeks I can deal with it. Im just very excited about it actually, and I really want to see how it works. I want to read the book and learn about this crash diet i've heard so much about. I actually made this thread to see if there was anything I didnt know about the PSMF before I did it. I thought brickt was going to tell me i'd lose 10 pounds of LBM while doing a PSMF at my BF% levels. In that case I wouldnt carry it out and save the $40. If Im successful though I think this will be my only way to cut from now on. The only thing Im really worried about is finding my maintenance after I lean up. Im also thinking about ordering the UD2 book, reading both and then seeing which one I want to try.

If it gets too crazy i'll go back on my normal cut. Like I said I just made this thread to see if there was some big issue about PSMF that I didnt know about. Thanks for everyones comments though.

-jordan

Nito
05-08-2006, 01:01 PM
Your bodyfat is too low to PSMF. You will not see the results you are looking for.

do UD2!!!!!!!! You will see much better results.

Jordanbcool
05-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Your bodyfat is too low to PSMF. You will not see the results you are looking for.

do UD2!!!!!!!! You will see much better results.

Explain. Not being a douche or anything, just someone said a similar comment in another thread. Almost exactly like yours. Said me doing a PSMF would be a bad idea since my BF is so low. I just wanna know why.

-jordan

dw06wu
05-08-2006, 07:29 PM
PSMF @ 13% will kill LBM at an alarming rate. You should not use PSMF at this low of body fat. You should use UD2. Sorry man, it's a slow process, unless you want to kill all your muscle along with it.

Unreal
05-08-2006, 07:30 PM
Risk of losing too much LBM. UD2.0 is for people who are already low BF and trying to get even lower. I haven't read it in awhile, but I believe it is designed for people <12%.

Optimum08
05-08-2006, 09:11 PM
:withstupi's PSMF is almost strictly confined to those of extremely high BF aka obese, or very short stints. UD2.0 is much more common for low BF getting to lower BF. although they both follow somewhat the same basis.

brickt.
05-08-2006, 10:05 PM
On Lyle's board, there are a few people who have kept psmf logs at under 15%. Very short stints, with weekly carbups, and the lbm they lost was neglible.

Granted, I don't know what their gentics are and what drugs they may or may not have been on.

Personally, I'D RATHER Jordan do something not as messy as psmf, such as UD2.0, but it seems like he's already made up his mind. So, in that
regard, I'm giving him as much support and advice as possible to make this safe.

EDIT:

HAH! on re-reading my post, it seems that psmf with weekly carbups is practically UD2 anyway, haha.

EDIT2:

THIS - http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11049&highlight=KC_pike - is a log of a lean dude doing PSMF. Lyle guesstimated him to be at 8-9% when he started the diet.

READ IT THROUGH TWICE JORDAN!

TheGimp
05-09-2006, 04:26 AM
HAH! on re-reading my post, it seems that psmf with weekly carbups is practically UD2 anyway, haha.

That's what I've been trying to get at. On UD2.0 you can be in a 2000 calorie deficit for 3 days of the week with (virtually) no loss of LBM.

also thinking about ordering the UD2 book, reading both and then seeing which one I want to try.

I'd absolutely recommend this. UD2.0 contains a lot of great background material on metabolism which is useful regardless of which approach you use. By contrast the rapid fat loss back seems geared towards "normal" people who are attracted to quick fixes.

JustLost
05-09-2006, 06:11 AM
I want to read the book and learn about this crash diet i've heard so much about.
Im also thinking about ordering the UD2 book, reading both and then seeing which one I want to try.

-jordan

You can't go wrong getting the books. The "Flexible Dieting Handbook" is good, too -- probably the best all-around diet book out there.

Jordanbcool
05-09-2006, 08:32 AM
On Lyle's board, there are a few people who have kept psmf logs at under 15%. Very short stints, with weekly carbups, and the lbm they lost was neglible.

Granted, I don't know what their gentics are and what drugs they may or may not have been on.

Personally, I'D RATHER Jordan do something not as messy as psmf, such as UD2.0, but it seems like he's already made up his mind. So, in that
regard, I'm giving him as much support and advice as possible to make this safe.

EDIT:

EDIT2:

THIS - http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11049&highlight=KC_pike - is a log of a lean dude doing PSMF. Lyle guesstimated him to be at 8-9% when he started the diet.

READ IT THROUGH TWICE JORDAN!

I've contacted lyle himself and a few others on the board. Apparently theres only a few differences from a PSMF and a UD2 diet. This is what I was told by everyone on the board i've contacted including his most high.

1) Doing a PSMF is NOT recommended by lyle or anyone else on the board with a bodyfat % <15
2) That being said, it HAS been done with success by some of the more "daring" members.
3) The risk of losing LBM is high, although much lower if nonexistant if the book is followed like it was meant to.
4) With very low BF% a PSMF should only be done for a maximum of 2 weeks (14 days).
5) Before starting a PSMF you HAVE to eat at maintanence for 2 weeks minimum before attempting it (if you have already been dieting for a while).
6) Supplements such as fish oil and multi are apparently really important for your body to hold on to its muscle instead of chalking it up for energy and nutrients.
7) Also workouts are very important, if the workouts are up to par it will be much easier to keep lean mass.
8) Even if everything is perfect lyle admits that you should expect atleast SOME muscle loss. He says that this is all dependant on genetics and how well you follow the book and refeeds.
9) The difference in fat loss between a UD2 diet and a PSMF is usually only a few pounds (1-2) but the difference in water weight lost is much higher

Im waiting on more info. from people.

-jordan

P.S. Thanks brickt I'll read the log, i'm waiting for both books to arrive as we speak

Jordanbcool
05-09-2006, 10:09 AM
Read over most of the log given to me by brickt. Apparently this guy did a PSMF for 3+ weeks??!! Sounds crazy. I looked at his pics and IMO he looks much better after the first week then he does the rest of the weeks. He just looks too small for me.

He also did a combination of a PSMF and a UD2 diet for carb loading and refeeds. Very very interesting log to read. His food choices will be alot better then me simply because he can eat more then me (because hes bigger). By better I mean better to stick with I guess. Im very confused as to why he thinks he needs to take EC stacks!!?? The only reason I can think of him wanting to do that is for energy to workout.

He seems to actually take to PSMF alot easier then most people. His workouts seem to be lighter weight although still very explosive. Maybe the supplements??

Whatever I decide to do Im going to either add this PSMF or UD2 to my currect journal or make a totally new one for everyone to follow. If I think im losing alot of muscle mass IF i even do a PSMF then I will stop and do maintenance for a while before doing a UD2.

I'd like to take the time to make it very clear that while Im leaning towards a PSMF at the moment this does not mean im 100% and that I will not listen to any further suggestions or thoughts. Knowledge is power. Right now Im just trying to find out as much as I can about both worlds.

-jordan

Jordanbcool
05-10-2006, 02:56 PM
Bump for the brickster.

Bikkstah
05-10-2006, 03:06 PM
Be prepared for absolute exhaustion by day's end everyday. My day looks like this:

0500 Running or Army PT
0900-1700 Work
1700-1900 Weights
1900-2200 Class

I try to read for class but I fall asleep on the couch every night after 45 minutes or so. If your schedule is as full as mine or fuller, be prepared to lose sleep to get **** done or be perpertually tired. On more than one occasion I've swiped into the gym, looked at the weight room, and turned around and took a nap in my car, heh.

That being said, best of luck.

Jordanbcool
05-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Be prepared for absolute exhaustion by day's end everyday. My day looks like this:

0500 Running or Army PT
0900-1700 Work
1700-1900 Weights
1900-2200 Class

I try to read for class but I fall asleep on the couch every night after 45 minutes or so. If your schedule is as full as mine or fuller, be prepared to lose sleep to get **** done or be perpertually tired. On more than one occasion I've swiped into the gym, looked at the weight room, and turned around and took a nap in my car, heh.

That being said, best of luck.

I've left my entire scedule open for this. The only thing I have to do is work every 3 days for a few hours. I figure if im not at work or watching TV I will most likely be asleep.

-jordan

TheGimp
05-10-2006, 03:43 PM
0500 Running or Army PT

IIRC cardio is a big no-no on a PSMF.

brickt.
05-10-2006, 04:31 PM
I sent you a PM Jordan, basically recommending UD2.0 > PSMF.

However, IF you really want to do PSMF, make sure you do it by the friggin book, and don't even think of extending the diet past 10-12 days or so.

Jordanbcool
05-10-2006, 04:36 PM
I sent you a PM Jordan, basically recommending UD2.0 > PSMF.

However, IF you really want to do PSMF, make sure you do it by the friggin book, and don't even think of extending the diet past 10-12 days or so.

K. I'll let you know what I decide and how it turns out.

-jordan

Bikkstah
05-10-2006, 04:53 PM
IIRC cardio is a big no-no on a PSMF.

Can I forward your post to my Sgt. Major? I'm sure he'll excuse me from PT!

2 miles of running 3 days a week isn't exactly huge cardio.

wannabeabigboy
05-11-2006, 08:28 PM
anyways: to jordan, you responded to my psmf thread a little over a week ago.

since i started my cut (its been about 3 weeks)... (a modified psmf, no/low carb solid food diet) i've gone from 208 to 192. i do realize alot of this is water weight, i drink about 5-6 nitrean shakes a day but i eat solid food when i please, i just do not eat carbs. this may include lean beef/ chicken breast/ vegetables/peanuts/ tuna fish.
when i begin to feel run down i'll carb up with a refeed. im also taking thermocin on work out days so i have some more energy in the weight room. supplements im on include: thermocin (only on workout days), fish oil pills, multi vitamen, and an extra vitamin C pill.

i havnt lost any noticable LBM, all my weights are virtually the same (205 3x8 flat BB bench, 275 2x6 deadlift, 225 3x6 squat). one thing i have noticed is that i dont have as much muscular endurance, i usually burn out quicker atleast by the 8th rep. this doesnt concern me because i dont do any more than 8 reps on any exercise.

anyways im starting to notice my abs for the first time in my life, and it feels good to be sitting at 190 for a change, and not be skinny fat. i'd say im at about roughly 25% body fat.

i'll keep you informed of my progress if you're still looking into this diet, and ill have some progress pictures soon.

good luck.

Jordanbcool
05-11-2006, 08:32 PM
anyways: to jordan, you responded to my psmf thread a little over a week ago.

since i started my cut (its been about 3 weeks)... (a modified psmf, no/low carb solid food diet) i've gone from 208 to 192. i do realize alot of this is water weight, i drink about 5-6 nitrean shakes a day but i eat solid food when i please, i just do not eat carbs. this may include lean beef/ chicken breast/ vegetables/peanuts/ tuna fish.
when i begin to feel run down i'll carb up with a refeed. im also taking thermocin on work out days so i have some more energy in the weight room. supplements im on include: thermocin (only on workout days), fish oil pills, multi vitamen, and an extra vitamin C pill.

i havnt lost any noticable LBM, all my weights are virtually the same (205 3x8 flat BB bench, 275 2x6 deadlift, 225 3x6 squat). one thing i have noticed is that i dont have as much muscular endurance, i usually burn out quicker atleast by the 8th rep. this doesnt concern me because i dont do any more than 8 reps on any exercise.

anyways im starting to notice my abs for the first time in my life, and it feels good to be sitting at 190 for a change, and not be skinny fat. i'd say im at about roughly 25% body fat.

i'll keep you informed of my progress if you're still looking into this diet, and ill have some progress pictures soon.

good luck.

I've just got the book in the mail. Very excited about it all. I've read the booklet over about 3 times so I have everything down pat. I've contacted lyle with some questions and hes getting back to me on em. Start monday, and Im going to record my results in my journal. Feel free to check it out.

-jordan

D Breyer
05-14-2006, 05:11 PM
thats awesome jordan, good luck

IHaveToCrushYou
05-14-2006, 08:01 PM
Check out the results this guy got off of a 12 week PSMF

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=75423

I dont know why more people arent doing this.

Jordanbcool
05-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Check out the results this guy got off of a 12 week PSMF

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=75423

I dont know why more people arent doing this.

I think it worries people that they might lose LBM. They come up with mental pictures of them ending the PSMF scrawny and flabby because their body used up all their muscle. Someone made a great point.

Why the hell would you take 4 months to do when you can do it in 2 weeks??!!

To gain some muscle? Thats what bulking is for!

To always having to pass up that dessert?

Thats what hell is for!

To always having to plan and prepare everything to an exact science?

That what bill nye is for!

But yea. Its just easier to stay at a certain bodyfat. Once im at 10% I can do a clean bulk but still have some breathing room to have fun. Just lift hard, and do some cardio. Thats what im doing on this bulk. PSMF starts in 15 minutes (midnight). Woot.

-jordan

SpecialK
05-14-2006, 09:56 PM
I think it worries people that they might lose LBM. They come up with mental pictures of them ending the PSMF scrawny and flabby because their body used up all their muscle. Someone made a great point.

Thats what hell is for!

But yea. Its just easier to stay at a certain bodyfat. Once im at 10% I can do a clean bulk but still have some breathing room to have fun. Just lift hard, and do some cardio. Thats what im doing on this bulk. PSMF starts in 15 minutes (midnight). Woot.

-jordan

It's worth noting though that Organichu started at a much higher bf when he did it. I'd imagine when you are at a lower bf, as you are, the body would not prefer to burn as much fat.

smalls
05-14-2006, 11:36 PM

-jordan

No one has ever acheived more in 2 weeks on PSMF, than they could have on a well structured "normal" bodybuilder diet in 4 freaking months. I understand the comparison but that is WAY off. It's that type of thinking that leads impatient people like me to lose muscle. That's why I warn others.

diesel_dan
05-15-2006, 12:40 AM

Thats what hell is for!

-jordan

Jordan, Did you buy any books about psmf to guide you? If so what book(s)? If not then how did you go about learning it? I'm curious, because this may be something I start my dad on. After I learn about it.

Jordanbcool
05-15-2006, 07:49 AM
Well yes you guys are right. It really just depends on what type of body you have when you start a PSMF. Fatter men will lose the most weight; sometimes up to 20 lbs in a week. Someone like me will only lose 6 lbs of fat tops. But since I already have a pretty low bodyfat to start with its hard to get down lower (for me atleast). I dunno I just think this will work out. I've done my diet and my volume of food isnt much different from normal its just lower calories. If you buy the book theres really nothing to it. A very simple diet all explained in the book.

As for the last persons post.
www.bodyrecomposition.com for more info.

-jordan

EDIT- Yes i bought the PSMF book. Its not even a book, more like a pamplet. Pretty thin, but it explains everything pretty good. I really cant tell you how it is though as I havent tried it. Some people do fine on a PSMF but for others its really hard. The leaner you are the harder it is usually.

Jordanbcool
05-15-2006, 09:13 AM
Sorry for the excessive posts. But my first day of PSMF is up. Go to the link in my sig. Go to todays date. Read it and comment. I want some feedback.

And yes I'm doing this by the book 100%. The only thing Im not doing is the EC stack. Lyle recommends it but i'd really not like to mess with an EC stack on this. Instead I will just be taking caffine (in the form of coffee, diet sodas and pill form) and including some LIGHT excersize (walks). I'm starting with the starting doses so I dont have the jitter for 5 hours straight.

-jordan

PoutineEh
05-15-2006, 09:34 AM
im doing psmf myself, but im probably about 20%. hunger issues arent bad for me and my energy is lower, but its summer and the only thing i have to do is work for about 25 hours a week, so its not too bad. EC stack helps out a lot when i need to lift or even play volleyball etc. with friends. like lyle, said, drinking ~25g gatorade during a workout helps a lot too. only thing is finding ways to eat pure protein without eating the exact same thing every day. i got pretty sick of egg whites and onions/peppers for breakfast, for example. id say get creative or atleast buy some seasoning or no calory toppings like mustard or hot sauce etc. mixing and matching also helps a little. i ate tuna/egg whites/fat free cheese for breakfast this morning and it wasnt half bad. anyway, im rambling.
just wanted to wish you good luck.

i also ordered UD 2.0 off amazon for about $28 with free shipping. i figured i can read it over a few times and maybe try it out the last month and a half of my summer break. perhaps after you are done youf psmf stint you can look into UD 2.0. like most other people recommended.

Focused70
05-15-2006, 10:33 AM
if you love eating like I do, you'll want to curl up and die on the first two or three days.

after a week, it becomes strangely addictive.

that being said, I'm glad I'm not cutting now. ;)

Jordanbcool
05-15-2006, 12:07 PM
im doing psmf myself, but im probably about 20%. hunger issues arent bad for me and my energy is lower, but its summer and the only thing i have to do is work for about 25 hours a week, so its not too bad. EC stack helps out a lot when i need to lift or even play volleyball etc. with friends. like lyle, said, drinking ~25g gatorade during a workout helps a lot too. only thing is finding ways to eat pure protein without eating the exact same thing every day. i got pretty sick of egg whites and onions/peppers for breakfast, for example. id say get creative or atleast buy some seasoning or no calory toppings like mustard or hot sauce etc. mixing and matching also helps a little. i ate tuna/egg whites/fat free cheese for breakfast this morning and it wasnt half bad. anyway, im rambling.
just wanted to wish you good luck.

i also ordered UD 2.0 off amazon for about $28 with free shipping. i figured i can read it over a few times and maybe try it out the last month and a half of my summer break. perhaps after you are done youf psmf stint you can look into UD 2.0. like most other people recommended.

I plan on buying the UD2 sometime this summer. Even if I dont use the diet the book will contain tons of good info. Well worth the price. I learned alot about how your body digest protein/carbs/fat just by reading the PSMF.

-jordan

Vapour Trails
05-17-2006, 02:28 PM
I tried to find a middle ground between a traditional slow cut and PSMF and it has worked for me. The diet consists of mostly protein, but I did allow carbs on a daily basis (usually no more than 100g). As far as calorie deficit, it was around 750-1000 per weekday. Weekends I would refeed, eating probably 500 more than maintenance each day. I have lost about 23 lbs in 18 weeks. There is nothing special about PSMF, it's just a low calorie protein diet and I think that you can modify the idea to make it less extreme for those who don't need to lose weight as fast. As far as I can tell, I have not lost muscle doing this and some of my lifts have actually increased.