PDA

View Full Version : BULKERS: Great New Protein Shake Recipe! 1080 Calories!

UrbanSmooth
05-06-2006, 02:37 PM
This protein shake tastes VERY DELICIOUS! It tastes like a Shamrock Shake from McDonald's will a hint of banana! Try it out for yourself and see!

Ingredients:
2 Cups of Milk = 200 cal (I use 1%)
2 Scoops of ON Gold Standard Vanilla Ice Cream Whey Protein = 240 cal
1/3 Cup Dry Milk = 80 cal
1/3 Cup Carnation Instant Breakfast Rich Chocolate = 130 cal
1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil = 120 cal (you won't taste it)
2 TBSP Smucker's Creamy Natural Peanut Butter = 210 cal
1 Large Banana = 100 cal

A few drops of vanilla flavoring or extract
A hint of cinnamon (to taste)
THE KICKER: A few drops of McCormick Mint Extract!

Total = 1,080 calories, yep, that easy.

Directions:
Blend all of these ingredients in a blender until smooth. I usually blend it for a good minute. Make sure to refrigerate the shake and let it settle. Remember, shakes taste much better cold. The texture is also much better. I sip on three of these every day throughout my day, and, I am putting on great high-quality mass! The taste is what makes it so easy to drink!

You're welcome, and enjoy! :cool:
Signed, The UrbanSmooth.

Davidelmo
05-06-2006, 05:36 PM
That's really complicated.

I find a simple:
120g oats
45g whey
800ml milk

works nicely too. = around 1200kcal and thin enough to down without gagging.

Add olive oil and peanut butter for more.

RedSpikeyThing
05-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Urban, someone posted that shake already. Don't take credit for someone else's recipe...especially one that was posted on THIS FORUM.

UrbanSmooth
05-06-2006, 10:00 PM
I never saw that one posted. You are posting out of nowhere with remarks like that. But, feel free to try it. It tastes great and has great macros in it.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Urban, someone posted that shake already. Don't take credit for someone else's recipe...especially one that was posted on THIS FORUM.Really? That's messed up.

Scarecrow
05-06-2006, 11:48 PM
Haha I will never forget when I was drinking these insane protein shakes with like 1,600 calories. I thought everyday could be my last, I really felt a heartattack coming on sometimes.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-07-2006, 12:24 AM
Do you keep doing things that make you feel like you're going to have a heart attack?

wheels
05-07-2006, 02:41 AM
like eating a pound of bacon :spam:

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-07-2006, 02:45 AM
like eating a pound of bacon :spam:Spam is worse than bacon.

RedSpikeyThing
05-07-2006, 10:32 AM
I never saw that one posted. You are posting out of nowhere with remarks like that. But, feel free to try it. It tastes great and has great macros in it.

Urban, I apologize. Here's my story lol:

I saw a shake like that on this site, copied it into a text file and saved it on my desktop. I read your post and thought "that looks awfully similar to the one I saved". I checked it and it was almost identical. So I did a search and it turns out you posted a very similar one before! So I was right, but it was your invention.

Again, I apologize.

As for the shake, I haven't tried it yet but Carnation instant breakfast is on my shopping list for this week.

EDIT: I just realized how much of an ass I must look like.

UrbanSmooth
05-13-2006, 07:18 PM
No problem, man.

Hey, link me to that other shake, I wonder what's different, since they're so similar?

clockwork24
05-16-2006, 12:24 AM
That's really complicated.

I find a simple:
120g oats
45g whey
800ml milk

How are oats sold?

Like oatmeal? Whynot just use a good weight gain powder?

Nosaj
05-16-2006, 01:44 AM
I did the oats/whey/olive oil shakes for a while but the oats didn't blend 100% and the last couple sips of the shake were pretty much mushy, uncooked rolled oats with a tiny bit of whey covering them. Not very appealing. I have replaced rolled oats with Maltodextrin (too lazy to double check spelling) and I'm hitting nearly the same macros with a much more delicious taste. The olive oil isin't exactly the best taste either, anyone have any recommendations for improving the taste? (I'm bulking so cals aren't a problem.) I know some people use a scoop or two of ice cream, but just seems kinda unhealthy in the long run since the majority of my calories is coming from shakes atm and I don't really want ice cream as a staple of my daily diet.

HILL
05-16-2006, 03:22 AM
i like oats/peanut butter/milk/ice/ whey protein. if you need extra cals try a bit of ice cream init as well

David
05-16-2006, 08:36 AM
Too complicated and why are you mixing olive oil and natural PB together? Why not just use one or the other?

A bulking shake I use is:

protein powder
milk
mother's oats
natural PB
banana
yougurt

Use as much or little of each ingredient as you like. Usually it's around 1,000 calories.

betastas
05-16-2006, 10:36 AM
I did the oats/whey/olive oil shakes for a while but the oats didn't blend 100% and the last couple sips of the shake were pretty much mushy, uncooked rolled oats with a tiny bit of whey covering them. Not very appealing. I have replaced rolled oats with Maltodextrin (too lazy to double check spelling) and I'm hitting nearly the same macros with a much more delicious taste. The olive oil isin't exactly the best taste either, anyone have any recommendations for improving the taste? (I'm bulking so cals aren't a problem.) I know some people use a scoop or two of ice cream, but just seems kinda unhealthy in the long run since the majority of my calories is coming from shakes atm and I don't really want ice cream as a staple of my daily diet.

You need to blend the oats more. Use less water and blend them finto a paste. Then add the other ingredients.

You do realize maltodextrin is essentially sugar (quick absorption starch). Taking in daily quantities of this is not really that different than taking in daily ice cream. It has the potential to negatively affect your blood levels. I prefer oats due to the fibre and bulk, digestion time and the vitamins and minerals. Bleached maltodextrin is hardly healthy and should really only be considered PostWO. I no longer use dextrose or maltodextrin PWO, just oats.

betastas
05-16-2006, 10:37 AM
How are oats sold?

Like oatmeal? Whynot just use a good weight gain powder?

Because they're expensive and full of sugar.

Why spend money on something that is more expensive, inferior in quality and non-customizable?

Oats == Oatmeal

UrbanSmooth
05-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Guys, just try the shake recipe that I gave in the very first post. The secret to it all is the PURE mint extract. It makes the shake taste like a shamrock shake from McDonald's and it's many times more healthy and beneficial than the McDonald's shake.

JUST GIVE IT A TRY!