PDA

View Full Version : How many calories?

Mercuryblade
05-08-2006, 01:54 AM
Ok, so how many calories should I eat if I'm trying to cut? Hahah. I know, stupid question, but honestly I have no idea. I'm 150 pounds or so. So that old math equation of doing your body weight x 10 - 500 puts me at 1100/day. But theres no way thats right.
It's summer and that means no more ridiculous amounts of schoolwork. So I actually I'm going to use fitday. But basically I have no idea how many calories to eat.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
05-08-2006, 01:56 AM
You should start at a few hundred calories below maintenance. There is no set number. You're going to have to find it through trial and error.

1100 is way too low, in my opinion, unless you have horrible metabolism. That's why body weight mathematics for finding caloric intake is bogus. You can't generalize caloric intake as each person is different.

HILL
05-08-2006, 02:02 AM
find your maintanance cals then people either deduct anywere from 300-500 cals for 10-20% and go from their aimt for 1-2 pound a week depending on how quickly you are wanting to cut etc etc

pinky8713
05-08-2006, 02:02 AM
What scarz said. You're going to have to test it yourself on fitday. If you arn't losing, then drop the calories little by little until you are. If you're losing too fast, then up the calories a bit to slow it down.

Anyways.. Why are you cutting at 5'11 150?

crunkdizzle
05-08-2006, 08:19 AM

thats what i wanted to know

Mercuryblade
05-08-2006, 03:15 PM

Yeah heard this story a million times. "I'm unique body type, I'm really skinny." but yeah, I am freakishly skinny, take me at the same height I am, and now make me 108 lbs. That was where I was the start of my Junior of highschool. It's the summer and I want to look good in a swimsuit, yeah I want to be WAY bigger. But bulking is for the winter, its summer, and I like girls haha, so I'd like to bring my abs back. I'll post some pics up tonight so you guys can get an idea of what I'm working with.

Built
05-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Cutting link in my sig. Read it.

:)

seK
05-09-2006, 09:51 AM
Yeah heard this story a million times. "I'm unique body type, I'm really skinny." but yeah, I am freakishly skinny, take me at the same height I am, and now make me 108 lbs. That was where I was the start of my Junior of highschool. It's the summer and I want to look good in a swimsuit, yeah I want to be WAY bigger. But bulking is for the winter, its summer, and I like girls haha, so I'd like to bring my abs back. I'll post some pics up tonight so you guys can get an idea of what I'm working with.

Those aren't abs those are rib's