PDA

View Full Version : My Flabby Journey

Flabs
05-08-2006, 11:01 AM
I'm the type of person that needs to write down a plan of action, otherwise I won't stick to it. So here it is!

To start things off, I'm Flabs. That's obviously not my real name, but if I strutted around with my shirt off it would be very quickly. I'm 24 years old, male, and weigh 185 lbs. I started Weight Watchers 3 months ago when I was 208 lbs - a total loss of 23 lbs. A 23 lb weight loss in 3 months is nifty, but sucks when you used to weigh 265 lbs in high school and managed to get yourself down to 178 lbs just a few years ago. I was jogging 10 km a day - 5 days a week - to lose that weight, but I've been reluctant to start up my running routine again after taking a nasty spill on the concrete (and gaining a nice long pink scar on my left arm).

Now that I've gotten myself fairly close to my original size and can wear my old pants again, I've decided to put some muscle on my flabtacular frame. I've been reading over the various posts on this forum, learning the do's and don'ts, and hope that I can reach my goal of 170 lbs by the time August rolls around.

I've started a minor workout routine to get back into shape, focusing completely on the arms. I don't plan on developing my legs anymore; running 10km - 5 days a week - for 2 years when you're over 200 lbs tends to make your legs quite beefy. I don't have many weights right now, and am in the process of getting a whole bunch of them back (lent them out while I was getting flabby). The only weights I currently own are dumbbells. And no, I don't plan on getting a gym membership. I simply can not work out in a gym. I suppose that's a different topic altogether.

Day One

30 min Cario (bike)
3 X 8 Dumbell Curls
3 X 8 Conc. Curls
3 X 8 One Arm Triceps Ext.
2 X 10 Weighted Crunches
2 X 10 Weighted Leglifts

Day Two

30 min Cardio (bike)
3 X 8 Wrist Curls
3 X 8 Rev. Wrist Curls
2 X 10 Weighted Crunches
2 X 10 Weighted Leglifts

I start Day One on Monday, and go until Saturday - taking Sunday off. I will be getting a curl bar and a stack of other free weights soon (I lent them out while I was getting flabby), and plan on expanding my routine to include shoulders, chest, back, etc.

Diet

I plan on sticking to Weight Watchers to some extent - it's actually a pretty decent program if you know how it works. People that complain that the program doesn't work since they don't have any points left for the day once they put 10 tsps of butter on their pancakes with whipped cream and syrup, obviously have no idea how the program is supposed to work. It places an emphasis on eating lean meats with a wide variety of vegetables (most vegetables are NO points), and gives excersize point allowances as well. If you work out, you get to eat however many calories you burn. Simple.

I don't think I've been eating enough protein; I think I'm going to remedy that with whey. I've started taking creatine monohydrate too - the stuff worked wonders when I played football and rugby back in high school.

There's no doubt that I've lost a good deal of muscle weight, as I do recall doing 2 x 8 reps of 185 in high school, with a max bench of 225. I'd be lucky if I could put up 1 x 150 now. :cry:

So yeah, I'm done rambling. Feel free to pick apart the plan as much as you want, as I am still fairly clueless as to which routines give the best results. I'll post pictures soon, to justify my name.

Focused70
05-08-2006, 11:19 AM
Too much emphasis on arm movements.

Most movements that you can do with a barbell, you can also sub in with dumbbells.

Take a look here (http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html) and you'll see that you can easily put together a viable routine with what equipment you have.

Good luck.

McIrish
05-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Hmmm, no working out in a gym? Ack, holy inconvenience, batman, gyms are the way to go! If you're *really* against the gym for whatever reason, you ever consider "24 Hour Fitness?" Why not get a membership there and then just go at 6 in the morning or midnight or something similar (off-hours?) when it's dead quiet and you can do your workout in peace?

Aside from that, glad to see you here, and welcome to the forums. My one personal recommendation is to ditch the long cardio in favor of high intensity interval training. There's a wealth of info about it in the search function on these boards - use it, live it, love it, etc. The flab will come a'flyin' off (with a correct diet, of course... get more protein!).

Flabs
05-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the advice guys! I'm definitley going to give HIIT a shot tommorow on my excersize bike, and that link to the different muscles/excersizes that work them was great. I hope to have a full routine down fairly soon, depending on when my other weights get here (all I have are those hex dumbells, one of each in varying sizes.)

Here's how my day went
-----

Workout went well, completed it before making my first entry in the forums today. I'm already needing to up the weights after working out for 4 days, no doubt my arms are getting back into their former shape. My forearms were numb and felt like they were being inflated with helium. I suppose that's a good thing, as I've never had that happen after a workout before. Tommorow will be a more interesting entry, as I'll have my HIIT experience to report. I'm thinking 15 secs on and 45 off, based on what I found by searching the forums.

Meals:

M1 - 1 cup All Bran, 1 banana, 5g creatine monohydrate, 2 caffeine pills
<workout>
M2 - post-workout - 1 can tuna mixed with 1 cup black beans, mixed with salsa.
M3 - 1 cup brown rice, 6 oz skinless chicken breast, 1 cup black beans, 1 green pepper all fried together with hot sauce and salsa over top.
M4 - TBA! Probably a salad of sorts.

The black beans and salsa were a late tribute to Cinco De Mayo. I'm Canadian and have no idea what the hell Cinco De Mayo is, but I still contributed in a small way.

I think I definitley need to invest in some whey, as cosuming a lot of protein is going to be a challenge for me. My supper (M3) might not sound like a lot of food, but I'm having trouble finishing it. My stomach might have to stretch a bit after being bitten by the Weight Watchers bug.

Tommorow should be fun, I'm looking forward to killing my legs one interval at a time.

Built
05-08-2006, 06:18 PM
Hey there

What are your macros (grams protein, carb and fat, and total calories)? If you don't know, please enter your food on fitday and post it up. We'll help you lose the weight in a way that's gonna stick, but we have to know what you're eating.

Please, no cardio BEFORE strength training, okay? Only after, or on a separate day.

Built
05-08-2006, 06:19 PM
PS - what's so hard about eating protein? Don't like beef, eggs, fish, chicken, tuna, or cottage cheese?

Flabs
05-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Hey there

What are your macros (grams protein, carb and fat, and total calories)? If you don't know, please enter your food on fitday and post it up. We'll help you lose the weight in a way that's gonna stick, but we have to know what you're eating.

Please, no cardio BEFORE strength training, okay? Only after, or on a separate day.

I signed up with Fitday and got this for today: Fat: 16 Carbs: 214 Protein: 121, giving a total calorie count of 1411 for the day.

PS - what's so hard about eating protein? Don't like beef, eggs, fish, chicken, tuna, or cottage cheese?

I love all of those foods, it's just that my stomach isn't used to eating so much protein at the same time. My experience with Weight Watchers has really diminished my appetite, and I'm sure has taken a lot of muscle mass from my body. I do plan on upping my intake, but it'll have to be a gradual thing.

Thanks for your help! The Fitday site is great, it's the perfect way to keep track of all my meals. This keeps me from grabbing one too many cookies near the end of the day.

Built
05-08-2006, 09:18 PM
Your calories are so far below what they should be it's shocking. I cut on 1900, and I'm a middle-aged chick.

Your protein and especially fat are ridiculously low.

How long have you been dieting this way? Have you read the cutting link in my sig?

Flabs
05-08-2006, 09:48 PM
I've been dieting like this since January. I read a bit from the cutting link in your sig, but am a little new so it will take some time to understand it. :D

Built
05-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Well, for the time being, until you learn more about it, I'd suggest you increase your protein to at least 150g a day and your fats to at least 75g a day. Maybe try for protein and carb both at around 150g to start with. This puts you at just under 1900 calories a day, which is still too low IMO, but at least you'll be getting the bare minimums of protein and fat.

You need protein for breakfast. Try to get in 6 small meals a day if this is an easier way to get in the protein - if you can get in 20-30g of protein per "meal", you'll be doing a LOT better than you are now.

Flabs
05-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Thanks! I'll give it a go tommorow and see what happens.

Built
05-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Okay.

How about you go into fitday right now and plan out what you'll eat tomorrow?

Flabs
05-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Alright, I played around with servings and whatnot and managed to get these numbers for tommorow:

Calories:1919 Fat:77 Carbs: 146 Protein:171

To get that much fat, I added 5 tablespoons of peanut butter to my diet. Is that too much? Should I maybe sub olive oil in its place? I have a real lack of protein rich food in the house, and should probably go for a bit of a shopping trip tommorow.

Built
05-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Peanut butter is fine. So is olive oil, butter, raw nuts, avocados, egg yolks...

This sounds like a very good start. :)

Flabs
05-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Todays workout:

Well, today a bit of HIIT made me realize just how out of shape I am. I used my excersise bike and cranked it up to full resistance, and belted out 15 seconds of full force pedaling, and gave myself 45 seconds of rest afterwards. Before I started I thought that would be too long of a break, and quickly discovered it seemed to go by WAY too quickly. I only managed 6 rounds of this before my legs collapsed and refused to pedal anymore. I limped off and had my post workout meal, hoping that my heart wouldn't explode out of my chest.

As hard as it was, it was MUCH better than the typical 30min of pedaling I normally do.

Todays weight routine went like this:

3 x 10 dumbbell curls
3 x 10 dumbell concentration curls
3 x 10 one arm triceps extension
3 x 10 one arm upright row
3 x 15 weighted crunches
3 x 15 leglifts

I added the upright rows to todays workout to give my shoulders a bit of a heads up, as I'm going to add an extra day next week devoted entirely to them and my back. My current routine only has 2 days in it, so this will bring it up to 3. I'm also going to add some chest work to my forearm days, since it's a failry mundane and short workout day right now. I'll also have my bar back next week along with my heavier plates, so I'll have the option of switching my excersizes up somewhat. I also took Built's advice and did cardio at the end of the workout, and found it freed up alot of energy for the actual lifting section. Plus, the weights get you warmed up for the cardio so it's not as difficult to get started.

First time HIIT since high school

The HIIT kicked my ass, and I'll have to do it every other day (maybe only twice a week) to avoid burning myself out. I've been known to do that in the past when getting into shape, and wind up sore as hell for an entire week and subsequently quitting my routine altogether. I really did enjoy the blast to the heart that it gave me, though. Reminds me of when I was first getting into shape to escape my morbid obesity.

Meals for today, I've only eaten two of them so far:

M1: 2 pieces toast, 1 cup egg whites, 1 slice cheese, 1 banana, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 5g creatine monohydrate
M2: <post workout> 3 veggie dogs, 1 slice cheese, 2 pieces bread
M3: 5 oz chicken breast, 1 cup brown rice
M4: 2 hamburgers w/ bun, whatever peanut butter I don't eat from now till then

I definitley need to go shopping tonight to grab some cottage cheese, chicken, and tuna. I originally thought that beef jerky was a great way to get some low cal protein, until I managed to eat $30 of it in one sitting. That about did it for that idea.

Tommorow I plan on adding bent over rows to the routine to get my back ready for next week. I'm also going to do 10-15 minutes of LIGHT cardio on the bike, simply because I like it as a cool down to the weights.

I'm doing leglifts without weights for the time being, since I tend to drop the dumbbell too much. I'm going to have to look around the house and find a bag or something to assist my cumbersome feet.

Flabs
05-09-2006, 08:46 PM
I forgot to set the power level on the microwave when I was cooking my brown rice, and wound up with a bowl of smouldering charcoal that funkified the whole house. Not good!

Also, after some reading up on the ExRx muscle directory, I'm cancelling leglifts from my routine altogether. Seems like I got caught up in the 'lower ab myth' too. I read over Built's diet plan and decided I'll start carb cycling tommorow.

My final Fitday numbers for the day: Cal:1906 Fat:90 Carbs:85 Protein:194

Flabs
05-10-2006, 02:39 PM
I feel amazingly spry today considering I only got 4 hours of sleep. My friends always comment on how they'd love to have my job, considering that I work from home and make my own hours. They aren't around when I have to somehow do 17 hours of work in a 24 hour period.

Meals, brackets mean it's pending

M1 - 6 egg whites, 3 yolks, 1 piece whole wheat toast, fish oil
M2 <pre workout> 1 cup oats, 5g creatine monohydrate
M3 <post> 1 can tuna, 1/2 cup cottage cheese
M4 - 6oz smoked salmon, 1/4 cup peanuts, fish oil
(M5) - 5oz chicken breast cooked with green pepper and 1/4 cup peanuts

Macros - Calories: 2016 Fat: 86 Carbs:102 Protein: 207

Todays Workout

4 x 30 Wrist Curls
4 x 15 Reverse wrist curls
1 x 20 Dumbbell flys
1 x 15 Bent over dumbbell rows
4 x 15 Weighted crunches
HIIT Training

I'm not pleased with how this day is turning out. I'm doing way too many reps with the curls, and I simply don't have heavy enough weight to lift. The HIIT training was difficult as my legs were sore from yesterday. During the 4th interval, I found that I couldn't go full force for the entire 15 seconds. I simply reduced my resting time to 30 seconds after this, and starting doing 10/30. The workout still beat the hell out of me - I lasted for 8 rounds.

I might have to go out and buy new weights instead of waiting for mine to get returned. Yeah, I'm really impatient. I'm also going to look into getting bars set up so I can do chin ups and dips. My routine/body needs more compund excersize.

Any bigger?

I've only been working out for a week and a half now, which really only counts as a week as I started off doing things REALLY improperly. But still, my arms are starting to swell up a whole lot more than they used to when I worked out. I've also gained 2 pounds, which is likely due to my slow metabolism trying to adjust with my new diet. I probably have a ways to go before I get back to my pre-Weight Watchers state.

Built
05-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Diet looks better.. But your lifting workout needs … help.

You only have dumbbells, correct? Do you have a swiss ball? How heavy do your dumbbells go?

Cheese ain't great for post workout. Lowfat carb with protein is a better choice - chicken noodle soup, for example, is perfect: protein, carb, salt, water, and virtually no fat. You could do something as simple as a can of Campbell's with a cooked chicken breast torn up and tossed into it.

Flabs
05-10-2006, 04:14 PM
I have a very limited selection of dumbbells. Here's what I have:

2x15lbs
2x20lbs
1x25lbs
1x30lbs
no Swiss ball
no bench, I work out standing or on the floor

The 15lb ones are too light to do anything worthwhile, and the 20-30 ones were great a week ago when I was just getting into the routine, but I already need to increase the weight and have no way of doing it (they're hex dumbbells). I'll be getting a bar either tonight or tommorow with a bunch of 25lb plates, so I'll be able to put some more weight on. I also intend on getting a bench, and some bars to do dips/chinups with (given I'm strong enough).

Cheese ain't great for post workout.

Even if it's dry curd cottage cheese? I'll nab some cans of soup tonight as well.

Thanks for the help!

Built
05-10-2006, 04:28 PM
I have a very limited selection of dumbbells. Here's what I have:

2x15lbs
2x20lbs
1x25lbs
1x30lbs
no Swiss ball
no bench, I work out standing or on the floor

The 15lb ones are too light to do anything worthwhile, and the 20-30 ones were great a week ago when I was just getting into the routine, but I already need to increase the weight and have no way of doing it (they're hex dumbbells). I'll be getting a bar either tonight or tommorow with a bunch of 25lb plates, so I'll be able to put some more weight on. I also intend on getting a bench, and some bars to do dips/chinups with (given I'm strong enough).

Even if it's dry curd cottage cheese? I'll nab some cans of soup tonight as well.

Thanks for the help!

Dry curd is fine, but nasty. Have it with something starchy or sweet.

Please figure out a way to squat - I know you think you don't need to work your legs, but you do. Do Bulgarian split squats, walking lunges and RDLs with your heaviest dumbbells.

Meanwhile, get yourself a swiss ball - they're cheap, and great for swiss ball leg curls, ab work, seated dumbbell work, chest press…

Flabs
05-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Please figure out a way to squat - I know you think you don't need to work your legs, but you do. Do Bulgarian split squats, walking lunges and RDLs with your heaviest dumbbells.

Thanks for the advice! I'm going to work out a new schedule right away that'll include all the areas that I'm currently leaving out (legs, shoulders, chest, and back). I'll also grab a swiss ball tonight.

Flabs
05-11-2006, 12:59 AM
My final Fitday figures for the day:

Cal:2495 Fat:104 Carbs:113 Protein:271

That's the most that I've eaten in a long time. I think I'm downing too much fat though, so I'll cut back on the peanuts tommorow. I'll try to keep it around 60-75g, as I was usually eating 10-15g when I was on Weight Watchers and should probably let my body adjust somewhat.

I went out and bought a bench, extra weights, and dumbbell handles tonight. Once I get my old weights back this weekend, I'll be able to implement my new workout plan (based on Wannabe Big Routine 1 and Built's suggestions for legs)

Day 1* - Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders
2 x 8 Dumbbell Shoulder Press
2 x 8 Dumbbell Lateral Raise
2 x 8 Triceps Extensions
2 x 8 Dumbbell Curls
2 x 8 Conc. Curls
2 x 8 Wrist Curls
2 x 8 Reverse Curls
3 x 15 Weighted Crunches
HIIT

* This day seems a bit overloaded, but the wrist curls and reverse curls really don't wear me out that much - they just make my forearms burn like crazy.

Day 2 - Chest and Back

2 x 8 Dumbbell Press, incline
2 x 8 Flys
2 x 8 Shrugs
2 x 8 Dumbbell Rows
2 x 8 Pullovers
3 x 15 weighted crunches
HIIT

Day 3 - Legs

2 x 8 Walking lunges
2 x 8 Split Squats
2 x 8 Romanian Deadlifts
2 x 8 One Leg Calf Raises
3 x 15 Weighted Crunches
NO HIIT

I'm not sure how I'm going to divide these days up yet. I might do each day twice a week with Sunday off, or I might have a day of rest inbetween each. I suppose I'll wait and see how much energy I have on Day 2 and go from there.

Built
05-11-2006, 01:42 AM
Good - better plan.

Fats at around 80-90g per day sounds like a good minimum for you. And when you plan your workouts, start with the heaviest compound lift. For example, legs - probably start with RDLs or the split squats, then the rest.

Flabs
05-11-2006, 02:01 PM
Today I did my old upper arm workout:

3 x 8 dumbbell curls (30lbs)
3 x 8 conc. curls (30lbs)
3 x 8 tricep ext. (20lbs)
3 x 15 weighted crunches (15lbs)
HIIT (5min)

Even though it was short, I still didn't do very well. I think I did too many sets this week, since I wasn't aware of how many different excersizes I could do. Instead of doing 2 really good sets, I was probably doing 3 half assed ones.

With the new program I'm starting next week, I'll have to throw some rest days in midweek as working out every day (and taking Sunday off) is going to sap my performance like crazy. No use overworking/underdeveloping myself I suppose.

Food Plan:

M1 - 3 whole eggs, 1 piece whole wheat toast, fish oil
M2 <preworkout> - 1/2 cup oats, 5g creatine monohydrate
M3 <postworkout> - chicken noodle soup with 5 oz of chicken breast
(M4) 1 can tuna, 1 cup cottage cheese, fish oil
(M5) 3 veggie dogs, fish oil, 1/4 cup peanuts, fish oil

Totals Cal:1929 Fat:74 Carbs:114 Protein:194

I cut back on the oats before the workout, yesterday they were sitting way too heavy in my stomach. I weighed 184 this morning, so I managed to drop a pound. This is great considering how worried I was that the increase in calories would lead to a rapid weight gain.

I'm really looking forward to starting my new program on Monday. The one I did this week was good for waking up what little muscle I have, but next week is when the building begins.

Built
05-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Food looking SO much better.

You MUST be feeling better, too, yes?

Flabs
05-11-2006, 03:38 PM
I'm feeling much MUCH better, thank you! :) I've found I'm drinking less caffeine and also requiring less sleep, and can focus on my work a lot better.

Flabs
05-12-2006, 01:49 PM
No work out today, I'm too sore and have way too much work to do. I'm keeping my carbs down though. I'll post my fitday numbers once the day is done.

Flabs
05-24-2006, 08:26 PM
Excersise and diet program took a bit of a blow for the past few weeks - my dad passed away. Now that I'm back at home, I can start everything back up again. Will start routine tommorow.

Flabs
05-28-2006, 05:25 PM
I just finished the 3rd day of my actual routine. Today was Leg Day, and my quads HURT. I have a bar now and was able to do deadlifts; I never thought picking up weight and putting it back down again would take so much out of me. I haven't written anything in Fitday for about 2 weeks - I'll have to start that up again tommorow. My food choices have been hilariously bad for the past while.

I've gained about 8 pounds in the past while. Although the needle on the scale is climbing, my stomach isn't getting any rounder. I seem to be flattening out, and my arms are definitley getting bigger (friends are noticing). I think I'm going to get some 'before' pictures taken tonight, and start keeping a visual log of my progress.

My current routine

Day 1 Arms/Shoulders

2 x 8 D. Shoulder Press (35lbs)
2 x 8 Triceps Ext. (20lbs)
2 x 8 D. Curls (35lbs)
2 x 8 Lateral Raise (15lbs)
2 x 8 D. Conc. Curls (35lbs)
2 x 15 Weighted Crunches (25lbs)

Day 2 Chest/Back

2 x 8 Incline D. Press (50lbs)
2 x 8 D. Shrugs (50lbs)
2 x 8 Flys (25lbs)
2 x 8 D. Rows (30lbs)
2 x 8 Pullovers (30lbs)

Day 3 Legs

2 x 5 Barbell Deadlifts (200lbs)
2 x 8 D. Split Squats (30lbs)
2 x 8 RDLs (30lbs)
2 x 8 D. Calf Raises (30lbs)

I'm going to try doing each day twice a week, with a single day of HIIT thrown in as a break from lifting. By the end of each workout I barely have any energy left, which makes for a very pathetic attempt at any sort of cardio.

I started drinking whey before each workout, I'm curious as to what effect it'll have on my muscle growth.

Flabs
05-29-2006, 05:37 PM
Todays workout was GREAT! I had some oats and a whey drink before the workout along with 5g creatine and 2 caffeine pills, and it really gave me the extra boost I need at the end of my routine. I even managed to squeeze in some cardio.

Today was my arm/shoulder day, and I managed to make some gains since last time. These might not necessarily count as actual gains, but could be a result of playing it safe the first time around.

2 x 8 D. Shoulder Press 35lbs --> 40lbs
2 x 8 Triceps Ext. 20lbs --> 25lbs
2 x 8 D. Curls 35lbs --> 40lbs
2 x 8 Lateral Raise 15lbs --> 20lbs
2 x 8 D. Conc. Curls 35lbs
2 x 15 Weighted Crunches 25lbs --> 60lbs (I did countless situps back in my running days, so my abs are starting to wake up)
HIIT

Right now my weight is in the lower 190s - I'd like it to be a minimum of 10lbs lighter. I've only got about 2 months to do this before my set goal date (Aug 13th), so I've really got to watch what I eat and drink for the next while. I'm really impressed with how much I can curl now, considering that I could only do about 20lbs when I first started my routine 4 weeks ago (not to mention that routine was ludicrously light and barely a routine at all). I'm looking forward to putting on more gains over the next 10 weeks - hoping to get my BF% down enough to strut around shirtless.

That's only if I can manage to lay off the nachos. Goddammit those things are delicious.

Flabs
06-05-2006, 06:23 PM
I've started drinking shakes before each workout now. Not necessarily protein shakes, more like a supplement shake. It usually consists of the following:

L-Glutamine
Creatine Monohydrate
Dextrose
Flax
Whey
Caffeine Pills
Natural Peanut Butter
Vanilla
Milk
Ice

I find this mix is a great lo-cal mix that gives me loads of energy for my workout. I've realized that in order to lose weight and still keep working out, I need to find a balance between the new diet I came up with on Fitday and my previous Weight Watchers routine. My previous diet had me eating too much food, leaving me bloated and luggish for most of the day. Once I lose the desired amount of weight, I'll slowly start adding the calories on until my metabolism speeds up.

I've also decided to sub my dumbbell presses with actual bench presses. It's a huge pain switching the weights around on the dumbbells for each excersize, plus I prefer the straight press over the d. press.

I thought that I was in good enough shape to work out every single day - I was wrong. I woke up so sore that I could barely move every day last week, until I realized I needed to have a day inbetween each workout to let my muscles cool down. I'll probably do some light cardio on my days off just to keep myself active.

Built
06-05-2006, 06:33 PM
I've started drinking shakes before each workout now. Not necessarily protein shakes, more like a supplement shake. It usually consists of the following:

L-Glutamine
Worthless. Waste of money.

Creatine Monohydrate
Dextrose
These are fine.

Flax
Ditch flax. If you're going to do omega 3, stick with fish oil.

Whey
Caffeine Pills
This is fine, too.

Natural Peanut Butter
Not sure why you'd want PB before a workout...

Vanilla
Milk
Ice
All fine.

I find this mix is a great lo-cal mix that gives me loads of energy for my workout.

Wanna describe to me now whey, peanut butter, flax oil, and dextrose is LOW CALORIE?

I've realized that in order to lose weight and still keep working out, I need to find a balance between the new diet I came up with on Fitday and my previous Weight Watchers routine. My previous diet had me eating too much food, leaving me bloated and luggish for most of the day. Once I lose the desired amount of weight, I'll slowly start adding the calories on until my metabolism speeds up.

I've also decided to sub my dumbbell presses with actual bench presses. It's a huge pain switching the weights around on the dumbbells for each excersize, plus I prefer the straight press over the d. press.

I thought that I was in good enough shape to work out every single day - I was wrong. I woke up so sore that I could barely move every day last week, until I realized I needed to have a day inbetween each workout to let my muscles cool down. I'll probably do some light cardio on my days off just to keep myself active.
Nobody should be training every day. You don't grow in the gym - you do that at home.

Flabs
06-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Wanna describe to me now whey, peanut butter, flax oil, and dextrose is LOW CALORIE?

Hehe, I suppose I meant it's relatively low calorie. Altogether the shake is about 400 calories, which is a fairly low amount as I consider it to be a meal as well. I don't use that much peanut butter - it's mainly there for taste. And by flax I meant this flax seed mix I bought, I thought it'd be good to add that for carbs instead of oats. If it's not necessary, I'll skip it - makes the shake a little grainy anyways. I only use a small amount of dextrose too, about 10-15g.

I feel kinda stupid for buying the l-glutamine after doing some deeper research on it. I figure I might as well keep taking it until it's gone instead of throwing it out.

Nobody should be training every day. You don't grow in the gym - you do that at home.

I basically did what I do every time I start working out - too much all at once. The new routine and diet that I've planned out should be a lot easier on my system.

Built
06-05-2006, 07:54 PM
I'd ditch the flax seed entirely. Flax seed is a goitrogen - it can interfere with thyroid function, something you do NOT need on a cut!

Flabs
06-10-2006, 09:12 PM
Todays weight: 189. I hope to get down to 175 by mid August, which I believe should be doable. Even if I only manage 180 I'd still be happy, as I've definitley been putting on size in my arms and chest. The top half of my abs are visible now - let's hope I can reveal the lower half before summer ends.

Todays Workout: (Dumbbell curls have been replaced with barbell curls)

2 x 8 D. Shoulder Press 40lbs --> 45lbs <will be able to do 50lbs next week>
2 x 8 Triceps Ext. 25lbs --> No gain :( <will be able to do 30lbs next week>
2 x 8 Curls --> 70lbs
2 x 8 Lateral Raise 20lbs --> 36lbs
2 x 8 D. Conc. Curls 35lbs --> 38lbs
2 x 20 Weighted Crunches 60lbs --> <I'm probably going to stick with this weight/number of reps, it's getting difficult to hold the weights properly while doing the crunches.>

The raises and curls have irregular weights since I have tiny 3lbs rubber plates. Personally, I find these help increase the weight during my isolated excersizes where a 5 pound increase is usually too much at once.

I removed the flax and peanut butter from the shake, and found it's easier to stomach. I've cut down on my meal portions, and spread them out through the day. Tuna + Light Mayo + Pickles = my new typical method of getting protein during the day. I've also found myself eating cottage cheese like a madman; strangely enough it's been one of my favorite foods since I was little.

I'm also cutting out HIIT until I'm in better shape. It'll be reinstated once I hit my weight goal, and start upping my caloric intake.

Flabs
06-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Today was Chest+Back day. I haven't been writing down my weights for the past while, so the gains that I've put on have been over a 2 week period. Plus, I probably underestimated what I could lift at first - so the gains are probably a bit inflated.

2 x 8 Bench Press (135lbs)
2 x 8 Incline D. Press (50lbs --> 60lbs)
2 x 8 D. Shrugs (50lbs --> 80lbs)
2 x 8 Flys (25lbs)
2 x 8 D. Rows (30lbs --> 60lbs)
2 x 8 Pullovers (30lbs -- 36lbs)
2 x 20 Weighted Crunches (60lbs)

I thought I put some big gains on yesterday on my lateral raise, but I realized I had it confused with pullovers for some reason. Heh.

Built
06-12-2006, 03:11 PM
Hey, you're back!

Good job on the dietary and HIIT changes. Both wise decisions, IMO.

Flabs
06-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Hey, you're back!

Good job on the dietary and HIIT changes. Both wise decisions, IMO.

Thanks! :D My entrys are probably going to be every 2 days, as I found myself doing what I ALWAYS do when I start working out - too much at once. I almost burned out completely last week, but managed to get back at it and spread my workout to once every 2 days. The burn out happened right after my first leg workout (I did deadlifts for the first time), as I thought I could keep lifting every day without a break. A couple days later I barely got myself out of bed; it felt like every muscle in my body was full of broken glass. Stupid me.

I've also been seeing better gains by spreading my days out, considering I actually have time to rest now. I've started leaving a day inbetween each lifting day, and will rest for 2 days after leg day.

Flabs
06-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Today:

2 x 8 D. Shoulder Press 45lbs --> 50lbs
2 x 8 Triceps Ext. 25lbs --> ALMOST 30lbs (only managed four reps@40)
2 x 8 Curls --> 70lbs
2 x 8 Lateral Raise 20lbs
2 x 8 D. Conc. Curls 38lbs
2 x 20 Weighted Crunches 60lbs

I'm going to start doing cardio inbetween lifting days. I've been getting lazy with my journal entrys as well, and hope to get a bit more organized with them.

Flabs
05-15-2007, 11:00 PM
Well then, it's certainly been a while since I've posted on this board. I've managed to get out of shape and gain a good 20lbs of fat in the process as well.

Changes being made to routine include:

1) Joined a gym, so I am no longer restricted to dumbbell-only workouts.
2) My new routine is Wannabebig Routine #1.

Let's hope I stick to it this time around.

Flabs
05-18-2007, 04:28 AM
I've pretty much never worked out my legs, so today was a lot of fun.

Squats : 2 x 6-8 reps (135lbs)
Hack Squats : 2 x 6-8 reps (135lbs)
Leg Curls : 2 x 6-8 reps (100lbs)
Straight Legged Deadlifts : 2 x 6-8 reps (135lbs)
Standing Calve Raises : 4 x 10 reps (135lbs)

My first squat was my favorite part of the workout, since I almost fell flat on my face. I found I couldn't lift very much due to balance/flexibility issues, which will most likely disappear after a couple workouts.

(edit: wasn't counting the bar. Not that it matters, but I'd like to stay accurate.)

Flabs
05-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Today is the last day of gorging myself on cookies and chips. New diet begins tomorrow - will be using the core plan, as I can't workout while starving myself on the flex plan.

Flabs
05-23-2007, 04:07 AM
Chest/Back Day

Bench Press:
95x8
115x8
135x6
155x1

Inc. Dumbbell Press
50x8
50x8

Chin-ups (assisted)
8x55%
6x80%

Deadlifts
205x6
215x4

Barbell Rows
95x6
105x6
115x5

Shrugs
135x6
135x6

Pre-workout nutrition sucked - a huge dinner of pizza and beer a few hours before I lifted, which explains my lack of enthusiasm throughout the workout. The beginning of a proper diet is eluding me, but I should be able to tackle it down by the end of the week.

I wanted to do chest dips, but I couldn't find a place in the gym to do them.

By next week, I'll have a better idea of what I can lift during each session. My shoulder/tri/bi day is the only day left where I don't have set numbers on what I can lift.

Flabs
05-25-2007, 04:21 AM
I think I've found my new pre-workout boost:

5g Creatine Monohydrate
15g Dextrose
1 mug Yerba Mate

I mix the creatine and dextrose in a small amount of water and chug it down, and follow it up with the mate. I had a ****load of energy in the gym tonight, so I think I'm sticking with this combo for now on.

Leg day today:

Squats
6x155
6x185
4x205

H. Squats
6x155
4x175
2x175

Leg Curls
8x110
7x120

SLD
5x135
7x155 (gloves off)

Calf Raises
10x185
10x185
10x185
10x205
10x225
7x245

I added a couple more sets of calf raises to see how much weight I can manage, and also to practice proper balance. I almost fell over several times (and actually did fall over once) last week since I didn't know what to expect when the barbell was on my back.

The weight was slipping out of my hands on the hack squats and the SDLs. Thanks to a quick search, I'll be getting an Eco ball for my next leg day. I'm also ditching my gloves - I managed a few more reps with them off, but the weight still slipped a bit.

Flabs
05-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Shoulders/Bis/Tris Day

Military Press
6x95
6x95

D. Shoulder Press
7x40
6x40

L. Raise
4x20
6x15
7x15

N. Grip Bench Press
5x65
8x85
8x95

French Press - Massive brain fart at the gym, forgot how to do them. Heh.

Barbell Curls
8x60
6x70

Hammer Curls
8x30
6x35

Flabs
05-28-2007, 03:31 PM
Today is the second day of the new diet, and also the second day off lifting. Energy levels are much better than before, especially after implementing the 'drink a cup of water before every cup of coffee and every plate of food' rule. I'm really looking forward to my chest/back today tomorrow, and hope that nixing junk food and alcohol from my diet will give my routine a giant boost.

Flabs
05-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Nutrition for today: Cals:1909 Fat:79 Carbs:119 Protein:183

Weight: 212

Going to be doing Chest+Back tonight.

Flabs
05-29-2007, 02:19 AM
Chest/Back Day

Bench Press:
45x10 (Warm up with bar)
145x7
150x6

Inc. Dumbbell Press
55x6
55x6

Flys (can't do Chest Dips at my gym)
25x8
30x6

Chin-ups (assisted)
3x85%
4x75%
6x55% (Not sure what happened here, probably wrote down the numbers wrong last week)

Deadlifts
225x6
235x3
235x6 (Switched to mixed grip)
275x1

Barbell Rows
115x3
105x6 (I think I was a little worn out from the DLs)

Shrugs
155x8
175x7

Workout was a lot of fun tonight - I'm getting used to working with barbells and am pleased with the n00b gains I've been getting. I suppose I should enjoy them while they last.

I can't find an Eco ball locally and really don't want to pay the $30 shipping that most stores are quoting me, especially since it only costs $4. I think I'm going to hide a chalk ball in a towel and use it when no one is looking.

The new diet is great and has given me tons of constant energy. Chicken mixed with avocado, onions and tomatoes is probably my new favorite food.

Flabs
05-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Day off today. Practiced doing squats after realizing I wasn't doing them properly (was putting weight on my toes). Got myself into the proper position by holding onto a doorway, then doing goblet squats right after. I'll have to start from square one with my squat weight tomorrow, which is definitely better than doing it improperly and having my feet suddenly snap in half.

Flabs
05-31-2007, 02:02 AM
Leg Day

Squats
95x7
115x7

I was actually doing my squats properly this time, and found that I'm a lot weaker in this area than I thought. It's a bit of a bummer not being able to squat as much as I can bench, but I figure my legs will catch up after a few good workouts. I'm also glad that I decided to finally start working out my legs, because it's painfully obvious that they need a ton of work.

H. Squats
155x6
175x6

Leg curls
120x8
130x7

SLD
155x8
175x7

Calf Raise (machine)
195x8
215x8

After the workout, I gave my squats some more practice. Started with just the bar, and worked my way back up to 115. Did several reps to try and stretch my legs out and get a good feel of the correct posture.

Flabs
06-01-2007, 11:51 PM
Shoulder/Bi/Tri Day

Normally when I work out, I do it very late at night/super early in the morning (I'm a night person). I had to work out during the day today since my gym closes "early" on Fridays (10pm). When I showed up, I was surprised at how packed it was, since it's a ghost town whenever I normally go. I was also surprised that all the bars were missing from the cages, there were groups of guys in circles guarding every empty station laughing uproariously about nothing in particular, and all the benches were occupied by guys doing strange exercises that involve holding your cell phone to your ear with their elbows way up in the air. I think it was considered a set whenever they mentioned what kind of car they drove.

So yeah, I didn't work out at the gym today. I headed back home and set my bench back up in the basement. I have a bar, bench, and enough weights to do this day on my own.

Military Press
5x110
4x110

D. Shoulder Press
6x45
5x45

L. Raise
8x15
10x15
6x18 (3lb rubber Weider weights rule)

N. Grip Bench Press
6x110
7x110

French Press
7x40
8x46
7x60

Barbell Curls
6x76
5x76

Hammer Curls
9x38

Flabs
06-04-2007, 02:09 AM
I didn't eat enough today. Workout was a pain in the ass as a result.

Chest/Back Day

Bench Press:
45x10 (Warm up with bar)
160x5
165x4

Inc. Dumbbell Press
60x5
60x4

Assisted Chest Dips
8x50%
6x60%

Chin-ups (assisted)
8x60%
6x65%

Deadlifts
255x4
255x4
275x1

Barbell Rows
95x4
115x4
115x3

Shrugs
185x6
185x6

Leg day is the next one up, and I'm still concerned about my squat form. I think I'll have to switch to box squats until I can get them right.

Flabs
06-06-2007, 02:27 AM
Leg Day

Today was probably the best leg day I've ever had, considering I managed to do all the exercises properly for once. Instead of my normal round of horribly butchered squats, I decided to do several sets of proper box squats. At the end of my workout, I set the squat rack up again and practiced my form until it seemed like I didn't even need the box anymore.

I think the box really forces me to do the lift properly though, so I doubt I'll be getting rid of it any time soon.

I'm having problems with my hack squats - even though I'm using a mixed grip I still start to lose my hold on the bar. I started having the same problem with my SLDs, and solved it by GRIPPING THE BAR HARDER. Who would've thought that holding on tighter would improve your grip?

I also tried out the Situp Machine Thing, since regular crunches piss me off for some reason.

Box Squats
95x8
115x7

H. Squats
185x4
185x4

Leg curls
140x8
140x5

SLD
185x6
185x7

Situp Machine Thing
50x8
60x15
80x9

Calf Raise (machine)
235x10
255x8

MORE Box Squats, this time on a smaller box so that my thighs go a little further below parallel.

65x6
95x5
115x5
135x3

Flabs
06-08-2007, 02:01 AM
Shoulder/Bi/Tri Day

I'm not happy with this day at all. I wanted to do some squats at the end of the workout, but after one rep my left knee started acting up again. I'm going to lay off any extra leg work this week and let it rest until Wednesday.

Military Press
120x4
115x4

D. Shoulder Press
50x5
50x4

L. Raise
17.5x7
17.5x7

N. Grip Bench Press
125x6
135x6

French Press
70x6
70x5

Barbell Curls
80x6
80x4

Hammer Curls
40x5
35x7

Flabs
06-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Chest/Back Day

Another bad day - didn't have a whole lot of energy during lifting. I either need more caffeine or more food - or both. I didn't really see any gains this week, which is why I did more sets than usual. I also gave the Smith machine a try and think I'll do a set or two on it in the future (after my regular sets with the free barbell). I can't lift to failure with the barbell since I work out by myself, so I'm going to throw a few Smith sets in there to augment the routine.

Bench Press:
45x10 (Warm up with bar)
155x4
165x4
175x2

Inc. Dumbbell Press
60x5
60x5

Assisted Chest Dips (used a different machine since the Gravitron is broken)
60lbsx8
50lbsx4

Chin-ups (assisted)
70lbsx6
70lbsx6
50lbsx2

Deadlifts
135x4
235x3
235x5
255x3
275x1

Barbell Rows
95x8
115x4
105x6

Shrugs
135x8
155x8
185x6
200x5

B. Press on Smith
155x6
185x1

Situp Machine Thing
50lbsx20
60lbsx20
70lbsx20
80lbsx20

Flabs
06-13-2007, 04:14 AM
Leg Day

Good workout today. Gave squats a try without the box and found I could do them. I had some extra energy at the end of my routine, so I decided to go for a few rounds on the leg press machine (I was tired before so I took some ephedrine. Smart move!)

I also brought some chalk to the gym, which greatly improved my grip on hack squats and SDLs.

Squats
45x6
95x6
135x6
155x4
155x4

H. Squats
185x6
205x4

Leg curls
150x6
150x4

SLD
205x4
205x6
225x4

Situp Machine Thing
60x20
70x20
80x20

Calf Raise (machine)
275x10
275x9

Leg Press

90x8
180x7
270x7
330x2

Flabs
06-15-2007, 02:32 AM
Shoulder/Bi/Tri Day

Military Press
120x5
120x4

D. Shoulder Press
50x5
50x3

L. Raise
20x7
20x8

N. Grip Bench Press
145x5
145x6

French Press
70x6
70x4
80x2

Barbell Curls
80x6
85x4

Situps
60x20
70x20
80x7

Flabs
06-15-2007, 03:15 PM
Weight today: 206. BF is roughly 21%. I've lost 9 pounds in the last 3 weeks.

I have no real weight goal in mind - my main focus is getting my BF down to under 10%.

Flabs
06-18-2007, 05:02 AM
Chest/Back Day

I did DLs for the first time with chalk today and ripped some skin off my hands. It was good though, since the weight didn't slip out of my grip and was much easier to lift. Hopefully a few weeks of skin torture should build up some nice callouses.

I also practiced some GMs today - I wouldn't mind having those worked into my routine.

I am just getting better from a gross summer cold I managed to catch this weekend. Hopefully I'll be better for my first cardio session tomorrow.

Bench Press:
45x10 (Warm up with bar)
170x5
170x4

Inc. Dumbbell Press
65x5
65x5

Assisted Chest Dips
50lbsx7
40lbsx5

Chin-ups (assisted)
50lbsx4
60lbsx5

Deadlifts
260x4
265x3

Barbell Rows
120x4
120x4

Shrugs
205x8
225x6

GM
115x8
135x4

Flabs
06-20-2007, 01:38 AM
Leg Day

First workout while using Nitor. This stuff certainly gave me a heap of energy to help keep me focused. I took two pills in the morning and before my workout, and think I'll be able to go up to three in a couple days. I have a fairly high caffeine tolerance from years of pounding coffee, so I think I'll be able to handle the buzz.

Squats
155x4
175x4

H. Squats
185x5
205x5 - Grip keeps slipping, chalk doesn't help. I think I might be stuck at this weight until my grip improves.

GM
135x4

Leg curls
160x4
150x5

SLD
235x6
255x3 - Grip problems
255x2 - More grip problems, lowered the weight after.
235x4

Situp Machine Thing
60x20
70x20
80x20
90x20
100x10

Calf Raise (machine)
295x9
295x7

Leg Press
180x7
270x5

Flabs
06-22-2007, 03:35 AM
Shoulder/Bi/Tri Day

Feeling really weak today - military press took a hit. I think I'm going to lower the weight next week, as I've probably gotten ahead of myself and added too much too soon. I'll start making proper gains when I correct the form.

Military Press
115x3
115x4

D. Shoulder Press
50x4
50x4

L. Raise
20x6
20x8

N. Grip Bench Press
150x5
150x5

French Press
70x6
70x6

Barbell Curls
85x5
90x4

Hammer Curls

35x9

Flabs
06-25-2007, 05:39 AM
Chest/Back Day

Good workout today. Since I decided to go out all night on Friday, I had a massive cheat meal of pizza, cactus cut nachos, beer, and assorted candy on Saturday to aid my recovery. It was the first time in a month since I've had junk food like that. For some reason, I think it might've given me a bit of a boost during my workout today.

I hope I'll be doing reps with 200lbs for my bench press and reps with 325lbs for my DLs in 2 weeks. I'm almost able to do chest dips without a machine, too.

Bench Press:
45x15 (Warm up with bar)
175x6
185x3

Inc. Dumbbell Press
70x4
60x5

Assisted Chest Dips
30lbsx6
20lbsx3

Chin-ups (assisted)
40lbsx4
50lbsx5

Deadlifts
275x4
300x2

Barbell Rows
95x6
115x6
125x5

Shrugs
235x8
235x8

Flabs
06-30-2007, 08:36 AM
Missed entering my details for the past two sessions - so here they are.

Leg Day (27th)

This was a really bad day for me. About halfway through the workout I broke out into a crazy sweat and felt like I had all the energy sapped out of me. I had to take a break from working when I got home, as I felt like absolute death. I had a suspicion that it was the Nitor making me feel like this, so I stopped taking it. Sure enough - I feel a lot better.

Squats
135x4
185x4
185x4

H. Squats
185x6
205x5

GM
135x6

Leg curls
160x5
160x4

SLD
265x3 - Right about here is where I ran out of gas. It's not that the weight was too heavy, I just couldn't lift it off the ground. I backed it all the way down to 135 and still couldn't manage it. I figured I should do my calf raises and call it a day.

Calf Raise (machine)
315x10

Shoulder/Tri/Bi Day (29th)

Military Press
115x6
120x4

D. Shoulder Press
50x8
55x3

L. Raise
25x6
25x5

N. Grip Bench Press
160x5
165x4

French Press
80x6
70x5

Barbell Curls
95x3
85x4x4

Hammer Curls

40x6

Flabs
07-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Chest/Back Day

Replaced today's leg day with a chest day, since I missed it at the beginning of the week (had a tight deadline and needed to pull an all day/nighter. I also managed to bench press 200lbs - something I haven't been able to do since high school.

Bench Press:
45x10
190x1
185x4
200x1

Inc. Dumbbell Press --> Inc. Barbell Press

Doing incline dumbbell presses has gotten somewhat awkward, as I lack the strength to get the dumbbell off my thighs and onto my chest. I switch over to doing incline presses with a barbell, and found it was a lot more comfortable.

135x6
155x3

Assisted Chest Dips
20x5
10x3 - This has gotten low enough that I should be able to do a few reps of unassisted dips next week.

Chin-ups (assisted)
40lbsx3
30lbsx2

Deadlifts - My back has been feeling weak lately, and I found that doing lighter weight and working up to my target workout really helped warm me up.

225x5
245x5
265x3
315x0 - Couldn't manage the extra weight this week - back feels wonky.

Barbell Rows
135x5
135x5

Shrugs
245lbsx7
245lbsx7

Flabs
07-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Chest/Back Day

Bench Press:
90x7
190x3
190x3

Inc. Barbell Press
155x5
155x4

Assisted Chest Dips
3 unassisted!
10x3 Machine

Chin-ups (assisted)
40lbsx4
50lbsx4

Deadlifts
135x4
225x5
275x3
305x2

Barbell Rows
135x6
145x5

Shrugs
255lbsx6
255lbsx6

Farmer's Walks
40lbs
50lbs
60lbs

Flabs
07-11-2007, 04:48 AM
Leg Day

Replaced Hack Squats with Leg Presses. I know that the H. Squats are probably a better exercise than leg presses, but I find the h. squats too awkward to do, and the weight is near impossible to hold properly now.

I'm also back to box squats, since I don't trust my form without a spotter.

Box Squats
135x4
155x4
185x4

Leg Press
270x6
290x4

GM
135x6
155x4
175x2

Leg curls
170x5
170x4

SLD
225x5
245x4
265x3

Calf Raise (machine)
335x10

Flabs
07-13-2007, 02:07 AM
Shoulder/Tri/Bi Day

Felt good during workout today. Did a bit of cardio at the end - I'll be working cardio in gradually until I'm in shape enough to handle some HIIT. Last time I jumped into it too quickly and killed my legs for a week afterwards.

I'm also trying to find ways to phase dumbbells out of my workout - since it's getting awkward lifting them into the proper positions.

Military Press
115x6
125x4

Pulldowns (Dumbbells are getting too awkward)
110x5
110x5

L. Raise
25x8
30x5

N. Grip Bench Press
135x5
165x5
175x4

French Press
80x5
80x4

Barbell Curls
95x3
85x4

Hammer Curls
40x7

Elliptical - 10min

Flabs
09-18-2007, 02:16 AM
I haven't written in this for a while, but that doesn't mean that I've stopped working out. I keep my journal and workout plan in a notebook that I write in at the gym, and find it's a pain in the ass/pointless to constantly copy everything out into the forum.

I was on WBB1 for a little over six weeks, and found my progress was tapering off somewhat, and the workout itself was getting light and boring. I've since switched over to BGB, which absolutely kicked my ass the first week of doing it. I love doing 3 days a week instead of 4, and am looking forward to the progress I get from this plan over the next few months.

My weight is down to 201 @ roughly 15% BF - I'm wanting to get my BF under 10% by Christmas time. Losing a pound a week should get me to this goal.

Once I've adjusted somewhat to BGB, I plan on working in some cardio.

My legs are lagging big time - Leg Day was usually the day that I'd skip if I was too busy to workout. Bad, bad move considering I can bench press much more than I can squat.