PDA

View Full Version : Is eating to much dangerous? advice please

Thomas
05-08-2006, 01:24 PM
Hi reading through the forums i see that some people are eating crazy amounts of food per day

I was thinking of trying the oats+whey+peanut butter+milk shake but im worried that too many of these will be dangerous

Heres my current diet:

6.30am - i bowl of oats with 1 large bannana and semi skimmed, homogenised milk, 1 whey protein drink (48 grams of protein)

10.00 am - 1 tuna and cumber sandwich, 1 bannana and 1 pack of mini cheddars (we call them crisps, i think u call them fries) 2 cups of coffee

1pm - 1 tuna sandwich 1 choc bar 1 sausage roll

5pm - 2 slices of toast with peanut better

6pm - 1 lage dinner with either chicken, beef or pork and 3 different veg, followed by 2 scoops of ice cream

8pm -Protein drink ( 48 grams )

10pm - toast and peanut butter, then bed at 11pm ish

Im currently following the WBB1 routine apart from the squats as i dont have a rack, but im joining a gym soon hopefully

Im 21 years old

6ft 2"

13 stone ( 82-85 kilos, about 180 pounds i think )

At a guess id say im about 14-16% bodyfat at the moment

Im having troubles with fitday adding the foods, i will try again when i have the time though.

But for now, does this diet seem ok for a slow bulk or should i be eating more? I cant eat at anyother times then stated above because of my busy job. I think i burn quite a few cals in my job aswell, im an electrician.

So let me summerise this all into 2 questions now.

1. if i start eating these crazy mega high cal shakes can it out strain on my heart/organs and is it dangerous? Also I want to keep fat levels to a minimum..

2. is my diet/routine ok? what would you change and how many cals roughly do u think im taking per day?

Thomas
05-08-2006, 03:21 PM
bump

Will.S
05-08-2006, 04:06 PM
Eat eat eat... just eat and weigh, if you're gaining a pound a week thats fine. If its > 2 lbs cut back a tad. Track your progress in the gym. get squatting. If these things improve, you're good to go. Worried about your cardiovascular health? Do some cardio. IMHO those cals look high - I reckon 4k upwards, which is ok, by all means. Im 20, and am 12.6 stone on 4k a day. Lay off the mini cheddars n chocolate though dude.

Edit - I say 4k, thats an average. I mean if you're anything like me, you pound a cheat meal now and again through the week. Had Dominos tonight - mmm pepperoni passion + free garlic bread. In large. to myself.

seK
05-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Edit - I say 4k, thats an average. I mean if you're anything like me, you pound a cheat meal now and again through the week. Had Dominos tonight - mmm pepperoni passion + free garlic bread. In large. to myself.

:cry:
You made my mouth water just by saying domino's
Damn cut.

To: OP
What does that workout to ? Cal's ect

Thomas
05-09-2006, 11:27 AM
ok any more comments please?

Focused70
05-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Not any more dangerous than having a Big Mac.

betastas
05-09-2006, 11:44 AM
But for now, does this diet seem ok for a slow bulk or should i be eating more? I cant eat at anyother times then stated above because of my busy job. I think i burn quite a few cals in my job aswell, im an electrician.

1. if i start eating these crazy mega high cal shakes can it out strain on my heart/organs and is it dangerous? Also I want to keep fat levels to a minimum..

2. is my diet/routine ok? what would you change and how many cals roughly do u think im taking per day?

Answers:
1. Why eat crazy mega high cal shakes? Make a shake you find to be reasonable. Drining 800 calories isn't much different from eating it. The blender does all the chewing for you. I recommend making them from oats, milk, oil/PB and protein powder. Works for me. Worried about fat? Excess calories make you fat. I wouldn't say shakes are dangerous to your body, as it is merely food in blended form. I would say that inactivity and poor diet is much worse for your body.

2. Count your own calories. No one is going to be your mommy. Learn how to use fitday. I got it working fine after a day. Start counting and determine your own calories If you want to slow bulk, start with something like 3500 calories and see what happens. If you gain too much for your liking in a week or two, then cut back a few hundred calories daily. I don't eat ice cream. Keep in mind too that you gave terribly vague descriptions of your food. 500g of chicken is much different than 125g. Why, it's about 400% different. So do yourself a favour, learn to use fitday, and track your own calories.

Sidior
05-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Hi reading through the forums i see that some people are eating crazy amounts of food per day

I was thinking of trying the oats+whey+peanut butter+milk shake but im worried that too many of these will be dangerous

Heres my current diet:

6.30am - i bowl of oats with 1 large bannana and semi skimmed, homogenised milk, 1 whey protein drink (48 grams of protein)

10.00 am - 1 tuna and cumber sandwich, 1 bannana and 1 pack of mini cheddars (we call them crisps, i think u call them fries) 2 cups of coffee

5pm - 2 slices of toast with peanut better

6pm - 1 lage dinner with either chicken, beef or pork and 3 different veg, followed by 2 scoops of ice cream

8pm -Protein drink ( 48 grams )

10pm - toast and peanut butter, then bed at 11pm ish

Im currently following the WBB1 routine apart from the squats as i dont have a rack, but im joining a gym soon hopefully

Im 21 years old

6ft 2"

13 stone ( 82-85 kilos, about 180 pounds i think )

At a guess id say im about 14-16% bodyfat at the moment

Im having troubles with fitday adding the foods, i will try again when i have the time though.

what are the actual cals for all of this?

Skinny Fat
05-09-2006, 11:51 AM
what are the actual cals for all of this?

He doesn't know. He wants us to figure it out for him.

:rolleyes:

As an earlier poster said, Thomas, take responsibility for yourself and count your own freakin' calories. How many times do you need somebody to tell you this before you either do it, or at least stop asking somebody else to do it for you?

1) It's nearly impossible for us to tell you what the two slices of toast you had contain in calories, protein, and carbs. Are they thin slices of Wonderbread? Are they thick slabs cut from a baguette? What kind of peanut butter is it? How thick did you spread the peanut butter? There's no earthly way anybody but you can count your calories.

2) If you're going to do something for yourself, you should take responsibility for the effort necessary to do it.

Just so I'm answering your question, no, I can pretty much guarantee you're not going to be in any danger from drinking a shake.

TECHO
05-09-2006, 11:59 AM

A friend told me that it is recommended that you don't consume more than 2 cans of albacore tuna or 4 cans of regular tuna per week to maintain safe heavy metal levels. I haven't done the research to verify the studies done or determine what is considered "safe heavy metal levels" because I don't eat that much tuna, heh, so I'm not worried... but you may want to look into it a little bit.

TECHO
05-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Nice avatar,Skinny Fat... :D

Thomas
05-09-2006, 12:06 PM
lol ok i only asked for a rough idea on the cals but meh, adding everything i eat into fitday is a total arse for me as its all strange combintions of food that id never eat, im guessing that its an american site.

i couldnt even find an option for oats with skimmed milk =/

This means that id have to take note of the nutritional info on everything i eat and i really cant be ****ed to do that tbh

TECHO
05-09-2006, 12:11 PM
lol ok i only asked for a rough idea on the cals but meh, adding everything i eat into fitday is a total arse for me as its all strange combintions of food that id never eat, im guessing that its an american site.

i couldnt even find an option for oats with skimmed milk =/

This means that id have to take note of the nutritional info on everything i eat and i really cant be ****ed to do that tbh

I don't like fitday... i spent about 20 min and put my weekly diet into excel to calculate calories, protein, carbs, fiber, etc.. i just used the nutrition labels.

Focused70
05-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Fitday isn't difficult.

If you can't find something, then you input the meal as a custom food. It's not hard. C'mon, you can do it, the water's fine. For your oats with skimmed milk, put it in as 1 serving of oats, whatever the serving size is and add in milk. 1 cup milk or whatever.

Plenty of people use it who are also members on this board, and they're not Americans, so your argument about it being an American-based site is a poor excuse.

It takes about as much time as posting a message on an Internet fitness forum. :rolleyes:

Stash

Thomas
05-09-2006, 12:18 PM
lol ok good point

One question, americans use a cup as a mesurement but i have no idea how much a cup actually is?! Half a pint?

Focused70
05-09-2006, 12:20 PM
8 fl. oz. to a cup or 240 ml.

Click here (http://www.gumbopages.com/metric.html) for conversions.

betastas
05-09-2006, 12:49 PM
You can also enter your own custom foods. That's what I do. I use fitday just because I can access it from multiple computers.

Skinny Fat
05-09-2006, 01:10 PM
Nice avatar,Skinny Fat... :D

Same to you. :) Interesting with the slight colored tint - I might edit mine to give it a blue look.

ETA: Thomas, the best advice I can give you is to take an hour on a Saturday, pull out all your food containers, and enter custom foods for everything you eat. Then, for the rest of your life, you can just pull what you eat from your custom foods list with 0 effort at all.

Oh, and it looks like you're eating approximately 2560 calories, 100g protein, 230g carbs, and 85g fat.

Not really, I just thought I'd mess with you.

TECHO
05-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Oh, and it looks like you're eating approximately 2560 calories, 100g protein, 230g carbs, and 85g fat.

Not really, I just thought I'd mess with you.

lol

Axatem
05-10-2006, 06:57 AM
lol ok good point

One question, americans use a cup as a mesurement but i have no idea how much a cup actually is?! Half a pint?
It's half an American pint. A little less than half an Imperial pint.

Thomas
05-10-2006, 10:09 AM
lol y does america have to be so awkward =/

i reckon im eating about 3-4k calories, i know for sure i get 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight