PDA

View Full Version : Oat-rageous-bar

Eszekial
05-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Anybody tried these? I got a sample of the chocolate-pineapple with my latest fish oil / EC stack order and it was quite tasty.
http://www.oatrageousbar.com/maketheswitch.php

The one i would get has 11 grams of fat (4.5 sat) 22ish grams or protein (whey and soy isolate) and 39 grams of carbohydrates (From whole grain rolled oats, some high fruc corn). Contains some sucralose which i don't mind.

I'm not considering this as an every day MRP or anything of that sort. I'm considering buying these as a pre and post workout supp. Have half the bar before, half the bar after the workout.

What do you guys thinK?

Semi pricy, about 2$ per bar.

'edited for spelling'

Unreal
05-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Why waste money when oats and whey are so cheap?

Eszekial
05-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Yes, i will agree with you they are pricey.

However, you're also paying for convenience, getting a portable source of a pre-made snack that comes with a good amount of protein, and seems to be an ideal pre/post snack.

Not to mention they are tasty!

I am of course considering not wasting my money on these products, but i'm trying to get my diet down to a system. Not having to go to the super market would be a perk :D

Anybody tried/ enjoyed / hated these?

See any more glaring flaws with this?

monotone
05-08-2006, 02:14 PM

its called convenience... not everyone is stingy

JustinASU
05-08-2006, 02:17 PM
I got a full 12 pack as a sample. I ate one and threw the rest out. These things taste like a brick of feces.

Eszekial
05-08-2006, 02:30 PM
I got a full 12 pack as a sample. I ate one and threw the rest out. These things taste like a brick of feces.

I really liked the taste.. A LOT. I had the chocolate pineapple. What'd you get?

JustinASU
05-08-2006, 02:34 PM
I really liked the taste.. A LOT. I had the chocolate pineapple. What'd you get?

Some coconut bull****.

Eszekial
05-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Some coconut bull****.
Whoops, i meant that I got choclate + coconut bull**** :D

We just might like different things haha.

Unreal
05-08-2006, 02:41 PM
its called convenience... not everyone is stingy

Blend oats, add whey to shaker, add water, drink. How could it be easier? Even if cost isn't a concern I would perfer oats/whey/dex because you know exactly what your getting. Bars are known for being loaded with crap.

Eszekial
05-08-2006, 02:56 PM
the bar has high fructose and sucralose, which are a concern. Other then that, and the unforseen / deceptive, looks like decent ingrediants.

TheGimp
05-09-2006, 04:31 AM
the bar has high fructose and sucralose, which are a concern. Other then that, and the unforseen / deceptive, looks like decent ingrediants.

What about the hydrogenated oils?

Eszekial
05-09-2006, 09:26 AM
What about the hydrogenated oils?
Oh wow, i didn't see those the first time around.

Well, that decides it.. No Oat-Rageous bars for me.

JaCelica2k
05-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Oh wow, i didn't see those the first time around.

Well, that decides it.. No Oat-Rageous bars for me.

I keep a box around, but don't eat them very often. Sometimes I am in a rush and I don't have time to even make up the quaker quik oats....I would rather eat one of these than nothing at all. Might eat 2 a week.

I don't know about the chocolate coconut, but I am looking at the Peanut Butter Chocolate chip and there are no hydrogenated oils. Ingredients are as follows:

Protein Blend (isolated soy protein, whey protein isolate), rolled oats, brown rice syrup, chocolate chips, high fructose corn syrup, peanut butter, glycerine, apple juice concentrate, maltodextrin, canola oil, peanut flour, natural and artificial flavors, water, salt, sucralose.

just looked at chocolate coconut and it does have hydrogenated oils, but no trans fats.

Eszekial
05-09-2006, 09:41 AM
I keep a box around, but don't eat them very often. Sometimes I am in a rush and I don't have time to even make up the quaker quik oats....I would rather eat one of these than nothing at all. Might eat 2 a week.

I don't know about the chocolate coconut, but I am looking at the Peanut Butter Chocolate chip and there are no hydrogenated oils. Ingredients are as follows:

Protein Blend (isolated soy protein, whey protein isolate), rolled oats, brown rice syrup, chocolate chips, high fructose corn syrup, peanut butter, glycerine, apple juice concentrate, maltodextrin, canola oil, peanut flour, natural and artificial flavors, water, salt, sucralose.

just looked at chocolate coconut and it does have hydrogenated oils, but no trans fats.

They have a lot of carbs for those of us who are not super insulin sensative or carb cycling to be an effective MRP... But i suppose when its a choice between breakfast and no breakfast....

Maybe i'll get some of those.. How's the taste of pb/choc?